Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Codger

I had to add a point I totally forgot: don't offer "credit for your work" as payment. This kind of BS drives me nuts and I'm surprised that I totally forgot it.

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Sadly, this happens in real life too. I had one guy who asked for a commission saying that "Your payment is getting your painting hanged on my wall". Insulting my intelligence much...
Who the hell is going to notice that?! Your grandma? Your pet dog? No one important is going to notice it. Is it that difficult to pay an artist for their painting and their time? rolleyes

Obsessive Kitten

Lastro
Sadly, this happens in real life too. I had one guy who asked for a commission saying that "Your payment is getting your painting hanged on my wall". Insulting my intelligence much...
Who the hell is going to notice that?! Your grandma? Your pet dog? No one important is going to notice it. Is it that difficult to pay an artist for their painting and their time? rolleyes

People really have strange perceptions of themselves. I always wonder how someone could think they're God's gift to humanity. I mean unless you're actually famous or have a live webcam show where everyone on the internet will see this painting or whatever else, chances are that glory gets contained to you, your cat/dog, and the one friend you've managed to keep. Maybe your landlord.

Then again that sort of thing is possible where I live. My city's so big into local "art" that I've known people to almost faceplant me against a mucky canvas saying "LOOK AT THIS, IT'S FROM A LOCAL ARTIST ISN'T IT AWESOME?!" Granted the name escapes them, but oh boy you bought a painting consisting of one color and bottle caps glued on it in no pattern, exciting.

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Leaf

Y U NO 1st?

Leaf

oh so relevant

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
This topic is relevant, especially due to Christmas holidays and big amount of spam called "art requests in wrong forum"
[******** yeah time to bump stuff

Aged Codger

[******** yeah time to bump stuff

Why bother? This was moved to Chatterbox.
Annie ******** yeah time to bump stuff[/c
tv43jxl4:0="Annie ******** yeah time to bump stuff[/color]

Aw, s**t.

Sorry, was just bumping everything I had on my list.

Also ******** this mod is really stupid.

Cluttered Sex Symbol

Chatterbox is not a trashheap. ******** YOU.

Aged Codger

Trevvvor
Chatterbox is not a trashheap. ******** YOU.

It is a trashheap for a guide that is meant to exist in the art forums. Any sort of moved topic would get buried under pages of "MY MOM STOLE MY CELL PHONE WTF" and "would you take it in the a**?". If that isn't heaps of forum trash, I don't know what is.

Aged Codger

Arvehz
Annie ******** yeah time to bump stuff[/c
tv43jxl4:1="Annie ******** yeah time to bump stuff[/color]

Aw, s**t.

Sorry, was just bumping everything I had on my list.

Also ******** this mod is really stupid.

It's okay, I spoke to a different mod, and she said if I fix the formatting and post it in the Test Forum, she'll move it to Guides and Resources for me. She can relate, but she can't do anything since one mod cannot undo what another mod has done, no matter how ******** stupid it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff