Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this helpful?

Yes! And I love this game! 0.70588235294118 70.6% [ 36 ]
Yes, but the game isn't very interesting. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 3 ]
No, please help me! (TwT) 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
1 2 3 >

Ruthless Vampire

I've heard many people had problems properly installing the free horror game, Ib. This game is wonderful and is worth the effort to download it. Here's a guide on how to install it.

Just a quick note: This is EXTREMELY confusing. Especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Step One: Download the game (click here) You'll notice it won't let you open it right away, but don't panic!

Step Two: Download WinRAR (click here). This program will 'unlock' Ib so you can play it.

Step Three: Now that you have both files on your computer, open up WinRAR and locate the Ib.rar file. This will usually be in your 'Downloads' folder.

Step Four: Click once on the Ib.rar file, then click 'Extract To' which is close to the top of the window. Choose where to extract the game to (I recommend your desktop. Easy access) This process can take a while, depending on your computer's speed.

Step Five: If the file has been successfully extracted, it'll tell you. Go to where you put the new folder and look for a file labled 'RTPMaker'. Open this, and after a very short wait, a small black box will appear reading 'RTP has already been registered. Press Escape to quit.' Press Escape on your keyboard.

Step Six: Go back to the folder you extracted the game to. Double click on the file 'RPG_RT' (the one with the thumbnail, not the document) and it'll open the game! emotion_awesome

Step Seven: If you quit the game and choose to continue later, repeat steps five and six.

NOTE: In Episode Two (the part of the gallery that's red), you will find a book that is labeled the 'Moving Storybook'. It will give you the option to read it or not. If you open this book, the game will crash. You didn't download anything wrong, this is a problem with the entire English-patched game (the original is Japanese, if you didn't know). If you choose not to open the book, you will be able to progress further into the game.

Timid Gawker

can you post a tutorial on how to convert flac files to mp3 format? thank you.

Ruthless Vampire

Ruthless Vampire

you never came
can you post a tutorial on how to convert flac files to mp3 format? thank you.

I apologize, I use a Windows XP and the only converter (that I assume is free?) is for Macs only. The program is called 'ALL2MP3', and it states it converts anything to a .MP3 format, even .FLAC files. If you`d like to try it out, click here. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you.. confused

Timid Gawker

cool. now can i have a tutorial on how to make the perfect soufflé.

Ruthless Vampire

you never came
cool. now can i have a tutorial on how to make the perfect soufflé.

Unfortunately, I am a horrible cook. xd
x Aka Kira x
I've heard many people had problems properly installing the free horror game, Ib. This game is wonderful and is worth the effort to download it. Here's a guide on how to install it.

Just a quick note: This is EXTREMELY confusing. Especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Step One: Download the game (click here) You'll notice it won't let you open it right away, but don't panic!

Step Two: Download WinRAR (click here). This program will 'unlock' Ib so you can play it.

Step Three: Now that you have both files on your computer, open up WinRAR and locate the Ib.rar file. This will usually be in your 'Downloads' folder.

Step Four: Click once on the Ib.rar file, then click 'Extract To' which is close to the top of the window. Choose where to extract the game to (I recommend your desktop. Easy access) This process can take a while, depending on your computer's speed.

Step Five: If the file has been successfully extracted, it'll tell you. Go to where you put the new folder and look for a file labled 'RTPMaker'. Open this, and after a very short wait, a small black box will appear reading 'RTP has already been registered. Press Escape to quit.' Press Escape on your keyboard.

Step Six: Go back to the folder you extracted the game to. Double click on the file 'RPG_RT' (the one with the thumbnail, not the document) and it'll open the game! emotion_awesome

Step Seven: If you quit the game and choose to continue later, repeat steps five and six.

NOTE: In Episode Two (the part of the gallery that's red), you will find a book that is labeled the 'Moving Storybook'. It will give you the option to read it or not. If you open this book, the game will crash. You didn't download anything wrong, this is a problem with the entire English-patched game (the original is Japanese, if you didn't know). If you choose not to open the book, you will be able to progress further into the game.

BOY, THANK YOU SO MUCH...I HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE GOOGLING.

I HAVE NO THUMBS...IT'S A SERIOUS DISORDER!!!

Ruthless Vampire

x Aka Kira x
Bump.

Greedy Hunter

i didnt read your post because ******** your right alignment

Ruthless Vampire

Bloodhail
i didnt read your post because ******** your right alignment

Sorry~ :3

Ruthless Vampire

x Aka Kira x
emotion_bigheart

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
the only place i have heard of this game is people jerking themselves off about it in the VGD

Ruthless Vampire

Metroid Dread
the only place i have heard of this game is people jerking themselves off about it in the VGD

Seriously? There's absolutely nothing sexual in this game... O_O

Lightbringer

x Aka Kira x
Seriously? There's absolutely nothing sexual in this game... O_O
What they mean is that the only people that have really talked about the game are the ones that want to place themselves on a pedestal, to seem edgy or cool, being that it's both indie and in the horror genre.

With that said, it's not really necessary to bump this topic in an out of place fashion. There's no current rise in interest in the game in the Gaming Discussion, and even if there was, you could just link people to this thread as the question pops up.

Raider

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items