Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desideraht
I hate it when the weird ones ask you out. A really weird guy has a huge crush on me and keeps trying to hang out with me alone and I'm like no, you don't wash your hair enough and you're too gay for me. Like he seriously is always going around talking about how gay he is and how hard it is to be gay. NO THX.

Every guy who I found out had a crush on me (irl) has been the weird, awkward ********. gonk

There's only two I can remember right now...
* this kid in the grade below in hs. He was apart of my then-best friend's anime club and he got kicked out permanently for play-fighting and breaking a computer. -___-; He was also one of those people who think they know it all, at least, when it comes to anime and video games. I know more than he does and I'm not even that into it anymore.
* the one I mentioned earlier. I don't enjoy the idea of dating complete strangers. He's just all, "We can get to know each other! C'monnnnn!" nononono. Dude. I SAID NO. GO AWAY.

&both were very unattractive chubby white men. *pouts*

I've found out about people who aren't annoying who liked me...after they liked me and have moved on.

5,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Haha I wish. I get plenty of drunk assholes hitting on me at parties, but not really anyone asking me out. I honestly can't remember the last time anyone legitimately asked me out. Of course, I just got out of a 3-year relationship and at a small school pretty much everyone knew I was taken, so. That probably changes things a bit.

Unfortunately the guys I fall for tend to be more reserved and introverted... which I am too... so it doesn't often go anywhere sweatdrop

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Not very often.
Mainly cause I'm not very social. ):

Sparkly Lunatic

On a semi-regular basis. Usually they're complete strangers though and I...just can't do that. I gotta know you before going out with you.

When it was someone I've known they backtrack pretty quickly and it feels kind of passive aggressive honestly...like this one customer I had asked me if I wanted to go see Avatar with him in 3D in a completely different town.

And then it went down to 'I just needed an excuse to go' when I said I didn't want to. He brought it up pretty often after that too, and was never quite so nice either...

This is a guy who had previously assumed I had kids, btw.
As in multiple.
When I was 18.

Dapper Phantom

Reyna224
Desideraht
Reyna224
Desideraht
This is basically what I'm starting to feel.
I used to be jealous of "hot" people who got asked out a lot. Now I'm like... not sure if like this...

It's really more of a curse than a gift...
Not trying to act like I'm mega hot stuff or anything... I believe beauty is subjective no matter how many people may find you appealing... it's not universal... (if that makes sense)
You just gotta set them straight from the beginning. Make it clear you're not interested.
Luckily for me people also tend to find me intimidating for some reason (maybe because I'm quiet and they assume I'd be a b***h) so that keeps some at bay haha
I won't lie. It's hard to reject people. They seem so needy when they ask me out a lot of the time. Like they're really desperate for me to date them. But I am almost never even remotely interested in them.

Of definently. It's not too common I'm interested back in the person. Rejecting someone is the worst feeling, though, which is why I don't like the attention. It can be flattering at times but more it's overwhelming.
Yeah... I just don't like it. I feel all this pressure. Not to say yes, but to make it easier on them. And I don't know how to. And because I'm not a COMPLETE a*****e about it, they still have "hopes" that they can still have mew. A few people I've turned down keep trying to spend time with me and I know they're still trying to get close.

Dapper Phantom

Bubsy
The second part, it is a real thing that people can be overwhelmed by attention from others. Imagine how a super star would feel after being hounded by fans or the paparazzi all day.

It is important to figure out ways to politely reject people.
That's actually what I'm worried about. I kind of want to be in a band, and if my ideas became popular and I made it and had fans... ********. Like if I can't handle this, I could never handle that. So I need to get over it. People "fall in love" with musicians/performers/artists all the time just because they are creative and expressive.
Not often, but I get hit on a lot. I have had plenty meals paid full by guys.

I think the guys I know right now know I don't wanna date them, so they don't bother. My best friend wants to ******** me, though, kinda annoying. sweatdrop

Dapper Phantom

Eclair_Ramos
When I'm single, I get asked out within a week of my past relationship. I've been known not be single for very long..
I think people are asking me out because I'm single again. Like it's kind of like... "Wow. I just broke up, and you think I want to date someone new? ******** you." Like they have no respect for me when they do that.
Desideraht
Reyna224
Desideraht
Reyna224
Desideraht
This is basically what I'm starting to feel.
I used to be jealous of "hot" people who got asked out a lot. Now I'm like... not sure if like this...

It's really more of a curse than a gift...
Not trying to act like I'm mega hot stuff or anything... I believe beauty is subjective no matter how many people may find you appealing... it's not universal... (if that makes sense)
You just gotta set them straight from the beginning. Make it clear you're not interested.
Luckily for me people also tend to find me intimidating for some reason (maybe because I'm quiet and they assume I'd be a b***h) so that keeps some at bay haha
I won't lie. It's hard to reject people. They seem so needy when they ask me out a lot of the time. Like they're really desperate for me to date them. But I am almost never even remotely interested in them.

Of definently. It's not too common I'm interested back in the person. Rejecting someone is the worst feeling, though, which is why I don't like the attention. It can be flattering at times but more it's overwhelming.
Yeah... I just don't like it. I feel all this pressure. Not to say yes, but to make it easier on them. And I don't know how to. And because I'm not a COMPLETE a*****e about it, they still have "hopes" that they can still have mew. A few people I've turned down keep trying to spend time with me and I know they're still trying to get close.

Irritating as hell, isn't it?

King Cutie-Pie

Desideraht
My uniform is a t-shirt with khakis. But it's like 5 sizes too big. So I'm dwarfed in it. And I want to quit soon, so I don't want to ask them for another shirt. That's kind of rude. My natural personality is also pretty bubbly but too... weird for most. I also have to try not to cuss like a sailor at work. Usually I drop f-bombs like they're hot. I get a little shy at work actually because I have to be so "vanilla". I work with kids.

It is a little awkward when people tell me they've like me all this time and I barely know who they are.
            x
            Aww. sad I had a uniform like that once, but it was long-sleeved, so it just draped over my hands and made me look like a little kid playing dress-up. Which was apparently endearing and my manager didn't want to get me a new shirt except that the head office demanded it.
            Ah. We're a family friendly store, but it's an art supply store, so we're allowed to still be a little... odd. Just not enough to concern parents or children.

Yeah, I had some high school peers tell me that they liked me for x amount of time and the only thing I could think to say was, "oh. That's nice. Thank you?"
            And then awkward silence ensued forever. emotion_8c

Dapper Phantom

xAliceJae
Desideraht
I hate it when the weird ones ask you out. A really weird guy has a huge crush on me and keeps trying to hang out with me alone and I'm like no, you don't wash your hair enough and you're too gay for me. Like he seriously is always going around talking about how gay he is and how hard it is to be gay. NO THX.

Every guy who I found out had a crush on me (irl) has been the weird, awkward ********. gonk

There's only two I can remember right now...
* this kid in the grade below in hs. He was apart of my then-best friend's anime club and he got kicked out permanently for play-fighting and breaking a computer. -___-; He was also one of those people who think they know it all, at least, when it comes to anime and video games. I know more than he does and I'm not even that into it anymore.
* the one I mentioned earlier. I don't enjoy the idea of dating complete strangers. He's just all, "We can get to know each other! C'monnnnn!" nononono. Dude. I SAID NO. GO AWAY.

&both were very unattractive chubby white men. *pouts*

I've found out about people who aren't annoying who liked me...after they liked me and have moved on.
OMG.
That gay guy who is obsessed with me? I met him at an anime club. I only want 'cos one of my friends used to run it. And now he's like "omg you should come hang out with me at anime club" and I'm like "seriously dude I am not into that s**t". I like a very SELECT sort of anime/manga and most of the people in that group are weeaboos and not into the same s**t as me. This guy isn't exactly ugly but he has serious self-esteem issues and doesn't take great care of himself and he's always moping/whining about how much easier life is for straight people and s**t like that.

A girl I was TOTALLY into like 3 years ago recently confessed feelings for me sand said she liked me all this time and I'm like wtf. Seriously. She says this after I move 500 miles away.

Magical Tree

Not often, but I avoid it as much as I can.

The last time someone tried to pick me up... I was at a "show" (a concert of local bands, usually rock/metal/etc), and I was standing toward the back of the amphitheater since most of my friends are in the various bands, and the others run sound and stuff. So I'm standing there, enjoying the music and then I notice this guy is noticing me. Whatever. Then he approached and was striking up a conversation. Fine. He asked my favorite band, and I gave the hipster answer "no one's ever heard of them, but i like..." He said he liked Marilyn Manson, and I said I had a roommate who liked H.I.M. and he was all "You know H.I.M.?" Oh I forgot to mention he was all in black and had eyeliner on and really fit the 'scene'.
"Oh you have a roommate?.....Are you in college?"
"I graduated from college a few years ago."
I think he mumbled something about being only like 17 or something. He stopped talking and I just edged off till I could get away without looking stupid. ><' He must have assumed I was 16. I get that a lot. I'm 25!

So unless the guy looks remotely close to my age, I just shut them down.

Dapper Phantom

Smudged_Makeup
On a semi-regular basis. Usually they're complete strangers though and I...just can't do that. I gotta know you before going out with you.

When it was someone I've known they backtrack pretty quickly and it feels kind of passive aggressive honestly...like this one customer I had asked me if I wanted to go see Avatar with him in 3D in a completely different town.

And then it went down to 'I just needed an excuse to go' when I said I didn't want to. He brought it up pretty often after that too, and was never quite so nice either...

This is a guy who had previously assumed I had kids, btw.
As in multiple.
When I was 18.
...wtf? That's freakin' weird.
Desideraht
OMG.
That gay guy who is obsessed with me? I met him at an anime club. I only want 'cos one of my friends used to run it. And now he's like "omg you should come hang out with me at anime club" and I'm like "seriously dude I am not into that s**t". I like a very SELECT sort of anime/manga and most of the people in that group are weeaboos and not into the same s**t as me. This guy isn't exactly ugly but he has serious self-esteem issues and doesn't take great care of himself and he's always moping/whining about how much easier life is for straight people and s**t like that.

A girl I was TOTALLY into like 3 years ago recently confessed feelings for me sand said she liked me all this time and I'm like wtf. Seriously. She says this after I move 500 miles away.

I'm so...sorry. I don't know what else to say.
gonk

My creepercrushes seem to be going away now, thankfully.
and now I have a friendbase now that shouldn't be giving me many more of 'em.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff