Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

Sermanther
Pfft. Rarely. One time was when I was 19. Another time was just a week ago--well, it was a 19-year-old customer asking if I was single, but I can assume that's where it was going.
From experience, I can tell you that is almost ALWAYS where it is going.

Dapper Phantom

Bubsy
Desideraht
Bubsy
If I went out more, maybe. Perhaps if I dressed nicer.

You seem like a fun person to be around, maybe thats why you get so many offers.
I think clothes have a LOT to do with it. 'Cos I was chopped ******** liver until I started wearing my favorite clothes everyday. I used to only dress gothy/punk once in a while, now I do all the time. And I think that's a huge turn on for some people.

I get that a lot. Sometimes I feel boring and even mean, but people like me. That always surprises me. I feel like such a d**k.

That is normal, but in general people really do like interesting people. People are always attracted to those who stand out.
I mean people laugh a lot when I'm being a d**k. I think they think it's cute or something, when I'm like "People are ******** assholes" or whatever, and they're like "teehee". I think they like the "shock" of the way I talk about s**t, plus how I dress? I don't even know.

Reyna224
Alot more often than I'm comfortable with. sweatdrop
This is basically what I'm starting to feel.
I used to be jealous of "hot" people who got asked out a lot. Now I'm like... not sure if like this...

Dapper Phantom

Roman Raskolnikov
Not all that often. I have something of a bad reputation when it comes to being asked out by others, mostly because I generally prefer to be direct and not dance around what I'm going to say anyway (which is invariably "No." ) .

As for asking people out, I haven't experienced sexual attraction to the degree that I'd actually want to be in a relationship with someone in years now.
I have not had the opportunity to build such a reputation yet. I try to be nice about it, but I don't dance around the bush either. Generally speaking I just say, "I don't date people I barely know." Which is the complete truth on the matter. If a stranger or almost-stranger asks me out, it's like, dude, I get that you think I'm hot, but this is kind of creepy. I've had a number of people who have been "crushing" on me for months ask me out. And they're all underage, too. I'm 22, and the three people I can think of specifically... one of them might have JUST turned 18. I don't only get asked out by young people, though. If that was the case, I'd feel bad. I've gotten offers from people around 16 to as old as say, 24-25 ish.

Dapper Phantom

The Earth King
            x
            I don't get asked out often. Probably because the only time I'm really out socializing with the general public is when I'm at work and I'm always running around busy anyway.

But when I do get asked out, it's usually in a very flattering way that makes my day even if I have to reject it (since I'm taken and I'm not really one to date a stranger anyway). redface

My favourite time was when a guy who walked off the bus with me stopped me and said, "I'm sorry, but I needed to ask you something."
            I was confused, thinking maybe he thought I was a friend of a friend or something? But his question was, "are you single?"
            I replied with no and apologized and he just nodded and said, "oh, that's okay. Then I just want you to know that I think you're absolutely gorgeous," and then ran away before I could thank him. He seemed like a really sweet guy, too. Probably one of the only strangers I would have actually said yes to going out with on a date if I were single.
The funny thing? I'm a total LOSER at work. And I think it's partially because of where I work (and that my uniform looks horrible). AND I have to tone my s**t down and act like a super nice person at work. People are SO not into me at work, I don't get people flirting with me, except this one kid, who was like 16, and goth and s**t and he got my vibes apparently and despite my uniform recognized that I was into the same scene as him.

I have not had people ask me out in a super flattering way other than they'll be like "omg I've had like a secret crush on you for like months" which has happened more times than I would ever have expected. I'm not sure if that's creepy or endearing.

Fanatical Codger

like, maybe 3 times in my life. all of which have lead to happy 4-5 month relationships though. emotion_c8
Desideraht
I used to be jealous of "hot" people who got asked out a lot. Now I'm like... not sure if like this...

It's really more of a curse than a gift...
Not trying to act like I'm mega hot stuff or anything... I believe beauty is subjective no matter how many people may find you appealing... it's not universal... (if that makes sense)
You just gotta set them straight from the beginning. Make it clear you're not interested.
Luckily for me people also tend to find me intimidating for some reason (maybe because I'm quiet and they assume I'd be a b***h) so that keeps some at bay haha
I've never been asked out in like...person. sweatdrop
There have been people I actually know irl, who asked me out later. The most recent one was a guy I never spoke to at all in high school and he was damned pushy about it. -___- &yes, I said no. I don't live at my parent's anymore & he's ******** weird.

Aside from that, nothing really. I'm shy irl and have a "serious face". I've also been told I look like I have a boyfriend already. Wat?

I've asked guys out before though & I also get rejected. v___v I'm not their type.

King Cutie-Pie

Desideraht
The funny thing? I'm a total LOSER at work. And I think it's partially because of where I work (and that my uniform looks horrible). AND I have to tone my s**t down and act like a super nice person at work. People are SO not into me at work, I don't get people flirting with me, except this one kid, who was like 16, and goth and s**t and he got my vibes apparently and despite my uniform recognized that I was into the same scene as him.

I have not had people ask me out in a super flattering way other than they'll be like "omg I've had like a secret crush on you for like months" which has happened more times than I would ever have expected. I'm not sure if that's creepy or endearing.
            x
            My work is pretty easy-going. We don't have a uniform, save for a vest that we have to wear over our clothes, and we're allowed to embellish it with as much flare as we'd like. And my natural personality is pretty bubbly, so I don't have to tone myself down much except for a bit of language.
            I get a lot of compliments at work when I'm at the cash. For some reason, the most common one is, "you look a lot like one of my friends," to which I usually laugh off at first, since I am one of those people who seems to look like everyone else, but they always finish the statement with, "she's really cute/pretty/gorgeous!"
            No one ever asks me out though. xd
            I have a ring on my finger that was a anniversary present from my partner, it's loaded with kind of large carats of peridot, but it doesn't look like an engagement ring or anything... but I think maybe that's what's telling people to back off? sweatdrop

I'm not sure if I'd be flattered with the secret crush line... I'd probably just find it awkward.

Dapper Phantom

Reyna224
Desideraht

Not trying to act like I'm mega hot stuff or anything... I believe beauty is subjective no matter how many people may find you appealing... it's not universal... (if that makes sense)
You just gotta set them straight from the beginning. Make it clear you're not interested.
Luckily for me people also tend to find me intimidating for some reason (maybe because I'm quiet and they assume I'd be a b***h) so that keeps some at bay haha
I won't lie. It's hard to reject people. They seem so needy when they ask me out a lot of the time. Like they're really desperate for me to date them. But I am almost never even remotely interested in them.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Not often. However people confess their feelings for me quite often.
Desideraht
Reyna224
Desideraht

I won't lie. It's hard to reject people. They seem so needy when they ask me out a lot of the time. Like they're really desperate for me to date them. But I am almost never even remotely interested in them.

Of definently. It's not too common I'm interested back in the person. Rejecting someone is the worst feeling, though, which is why I don't like the attention. It can be flattering at times but more it's overwhelming.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Desideraht
Bubsy
Desideraht
Bubsy
If I went out more, maybe. Perhaps if I dressed nicer.

You seem like a fun person to be around, maybe thats why you get so many offers.
I think clothes have a LOT to do with it. 'Cos I was chopped ******** liver until I started wearing my favorite clothes everyday. I used to only dress gothy/punk once in a while, now I do all the time. And I think that's a huge turn on for some people.

I get that a lot. Sometimes I feel boring and even mean, but people like me. That always surprises me. I feel like such a d**k.

That is normal, but in general people really do like interesting people. People are always attracted to those who stand out.
I mean people laugh a lot when I'm being a d**k. I think they think it's cute or something, when I'm like "People are ******** assholes" or whatever, and they're like "teehee". I think they like the "shock" of the way I talk about s**t, plus how I dress? I don't even know.

Reyna224
Alot more often than I'm comfortable with. sweatdrop

The second part, it is a real thing that people can be overwhelmed by attention from others. Imagine how a super star would feel after being hounded by fans or the paparazzi all day.

It is important to figure out ways to politely reject people.

Dapper Phantom

xAliceJae
I've never been asked out in like...person. sweatdrop
There have been people I actually know irl, who asked me out later. The most recent one was a guy I never spoke to at all in high school and he was damned pushy about it. -___- &yes, I said no. I don't live at my parent's anymore & he's ******** weird.

Aside from that, nothing really. I'm shy irl and have a "serious face". I've also been told I look like I have a boyfriend already. Wat?

I've asked guys out before though & I also get rejected. v___v I'm not their type.
I hate it when the weird ones ask you out. A really weird guy has a huge crush on me and keeps trying to hang out with me alone and I'm like no, you don't wash your hair enough and you're too gay for me. Like he seriously is always going around talking about how gay he is and how hard it is to be gay. NO THX.

Dapper Phantom

The Earth King
Desideraht

x
            My work is pretty easy-going. We don't have a uniform, save for a vest that we have to wear over our clothes, and we're allowed to embellish it with as much flare as we'd like. And my natural personality is pretty bubbly, so I don't have to tone myself down much except for a bit of language.
            I get a lot of compliments at work when I'm at the cash. For some reason, the most common one is, "you look a lot like one of my friends," to which I usually laugh off at first, since I am one of those people who seems to look like everyone else, but they always finish the statement with, "she's really cute/pretty/gorgeous!"
            No one ever asks me out though. xd
            I have a ring on my finger that was a anniversary present from my partner, it's loaded with kind of large carats of peridot, but it doesn't look like an engagement ring or anything... but I think maybe that's what's telling people to back off? sweatdrop

I'm not sure if I'd be flattered with the secret crush line... I'd probably just find it awkward.
My uniform is a t-shirt with khakis. But it's like 5 sizes too big. So I'm dwarfed in it. And I want to quit soon, so I don't want to ask them for another shirt. That's kind of rude. My natural personality is also pretty bubbly but too... weird for most. I also have to try not to cuss like a sailor at work. Usually I drop f-bombs like they're hot. I get a little shy at work actually because I have to be so "vanilla". I work with kids.

It is a little awkward when people tell me they've like me all this time and I barely know who they are.

Beloved Hunter

When I'm single, I get asked out within a week of my past relationship. I've been known not be single for very long..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff