Welcome to Gaia! ::

There was a period of time when my self confidence was REALLY low.
        Mostly to do with academics since I'm still just a student sweatdrop
        I suppose I'm better now, but I could use some work.

What were times when your self confidence was really low, and how did
        you deal with it?

Benevolent Smoker

I'm still a miserable sack of s**t, so I never dealt with it.

I dunno, sports?

Receiver

oh I thought this was about appearance *leaves* xD

Dapper Gekko

I used to have very little self-confidence. I think my lowest point was somewhere near the end of middle school/beginning of high school. Yeah, that seems about right, since I had a terrible teacher in grade 7 and 8 who would chastise the entire class if the majority of us got confused about something. She'd keep telling us that things were straightforward and common sense. In retrospect, I realize she had really bad form as a teacher. She really destroyed my confidence to do things. I got better in high school when I escaped from her classes, but then my self-loathing crept up. I hated myself, my body, my life... I still deal with some residual insecurities, some of which I believe will stay with me forever, but man, I'm so glad those teenage years are over.

I never actively dealt with my self-confidence issues. I think it's stupid and annoying when people tell you to think positively, to say nice things to yourself, and generally to recommend a useless dose of self-loving (no, not that kind). I could never do it. I still can't. Self-confidence kind of grows on its own--at least it did for me. I focused more on my schoolwork and learned that I wasn't stupid and could get high grades. I made art and people praised me for my creativity. Things like that. I never looked in the mirror and told myself "You are [insert positive adjective here]" because when you're pessimistic, why would you even believe those blatant lies you tell yourself?

Also, this is very random, but I knew a Japanese girl named Natsu in elementary. I remember her crying to the teacher about me saying mean things about her packaged lunch--that it was gross, or something--like a week after I had allegedly made the comment. I honestly couldn't recall saying anything of that sort, especially since I always envied the Japanese kids and their fancy little bento lunch boxes.
Pnyuu

lmao no no that's the thing
        a lot of people are resorting to plastic surgery to gain
        self confidence sweatdrop surely there are other ways...

D.e.s.r.o.s.i.e.r.s.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the "self-loving" approach
        It's easy to tell yourself lies, but some lies are harder to tell than others sweatdrop
        And I have to say that I recognize the major influence that teachers
        tend to have :/ Which is why every year I wholeheartedly hope for a
        teacher that is worth my respect.

And yes, my self confidence was really low when my SAT II scores weren't
        on par with others sad But I studied a bit more, took it a second time, and
        got an 800. And I suppose it were little things like that that eventually
        convinced me that I wasn't as hopeless as I tell myself. I still kind of do though sweatdrop

and lmao rofl

Mr Stylo
I'm still a miserable sack of s**t, so I never dealt with it.

I dunno, sports?

):
        and I suppose so o: !

Receiver

I Natsu I
Pnyuu

lmao no no that's the thing
        a lot of people are resorting to plastic surgery to gain
        self confidence sweatdrop surely there are other ways...

Oh yeah I remember that thread you made in CB. xd
I'm not really against plastic surgery. Actually I'd consider going under the knife if it wasn't so far out of my budget. lol
I don't wear makeup 99% of the time so If I'm feeling extra down, a little eyeliner/foundation/mascara usually fixes that right up
Pnyuu

Oh yeah I remember that thread you made in CB. xd
I'm not really against plastic surgery. Actually I'd consider going under the knife if it wasn't so far out of my budget. lol
I don't wear makeup 99% of the time so If I'm feeling extra down, a little eyeliner/foundation/mascara usually fixes that right up

:0 is that why you looked familiar or am I a stalker
        and I see I see o: I know people who say that makeup makes
        them more confident 3nodding

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
By drinking the tears of your enemies.
xXFurygeistXx
By drinking the tears of your enemies.

fosho xd

Questionable Sex Symbol

I've always had pretty high self-confidence because I've always gotten good grades and people are always telling me how pretty I am.
There was a period of time in middle/high school when I hated myself because I couldn't be popular no matter how hard I tried, but once I stopped trying, it happened, and now I'm happy.

Desirable Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I give myself advice, and tell myself that I'm good looking almost every day.
I went crazy and pretty much came back another person. So....yeah sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces