Welcome to Gaia! ::

Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight
So...does this mean that us jews can still dissaprove of gays since leviticus still applies to us and what not? surprised xp

Jews can disapprove of a**l sex between men, yes. Lesbianism is never covered in Leviticus as far as I've seen. ^_^

Ive always seen Lesbianism considered less harsh in atleast jewish eyes since it doesnt waste the seed of life, which a**l sex between men would do sweatdrop

Although, technically, then every woman who doesn't get pregnant as soon as she is able to get pregnant would be wasting life too.

Which would kind of suck for women all over the world.
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight
So...does this mean that us jews can still dissaprove of gays since leviticus still applies to us and what not? surprised xp

Jews can disapprove of a**l sex between men, yes. Lesbianism is never covered in Leviticus as far as I've seen. ^_^

Ive always seen Lesbianism considered less harsh in atleast jewish eyes since it doesnt waste the seed of life, which a**l sex between men would do sweatdrop
...every month, a woman wastes a "seed of life" unless she's pregnant.

The testicles make billions of sperm cells...every day. One orgasm contains billions of sperm cells, and only one would impregnate a woman if it was heterosexual sex as the medium. So...the whole wasteful thing makes no sense whatsoever.
FerretPrince
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight

Although, technically, then every woman who doesn't get pregnant as soon as she is able to get pregnant would be wasting life too.

There are different rules to when your trying to get a baby.
If you had sex and deposit the semen into the womans v****a without the intent of making a baby, thats bad. If you have the intent of making a baby and it doesnt take, thats not bad since your intent was to make a baby and even though it didnt work it wasnt a waste.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[]Himura Kenshin[]
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight

...every month, a period wastes a "seed of life" unless she's pregnant.

Seed refers to the sperm in semen. It was a great offence to spill your "seed". Pulling out, masterbating, a**l sex, etcetera, were all very big no noes.

Also, did you know that oral sex was probably invented by the Jewish females to prevent the spilling of seed onto the ground?
Garsh, it's not gays that God hates, its the sexual immorality, which paul covers in his letters to the Romans.
[]Himura Kenshin[]
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight

thats not within her control though. thats a natural process so its not bad.
the bible says if you are homosexual you are too be put too deatth and then burned and tormented forever

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
bloodwolff666
the bible says if you are homosexual you are too be put too deatth and then burned and tormented forever

Could you show me where? I believe I've covered most of the verses, perhaps I'm wrong?
Donovinhs Knight
[]Himura Kenshin[]
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight

thats not within her control though. thats a natural process so its not bad.
masturbation's a pretty natural process too. Many creatures such as monkeys (which are infamous for it) masturbate in nature. That's called the Naturalistic Fallicy; Natural is not inherently good, and unnatural is not inherently bad, plus the terms natural and unnatural are ambiguous.

@Linaloki: That's...interesting. Still doesn't make any sense, but it's interesting.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thelostcup
Garsh, it's not gays that God hates, its the sexual immorality, which paul covers in his letters to the Romans.

Quite correct. Sexual immorality which, strangely enough, according to Paul, was not homosexuality. 3nodding
linaloki
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace
Hmm...I agree with you in some respects, but in others I disagree...

AGREE: Throughout The Bible, there is a great amount of talk in general about hte sins of lust in general, not nevisarily of the homosexual kind. The thing is the times when it is mentioned it is used aas the fore runner for all the other sexual immorality verses. Also, homosexuality wasn't the sole reason for Sodom & Gemorah's downfall.

DISAGREE: There really was only one rule that God made towards the area of sex and that it is to be done within the context of marriage. Yet, the topic as addressed hundreds of times throughout The Bible. Why? Because He knew that this topic would be so prevelent all throughout history. Also, 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10 says,

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers not male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

First, you must refer to the root word of homosexual. There are other sources that do this, my expertise is strictly Biblical. Also, you'll note that it says homosexual offenders. Have you thought of the possibility that it refers to those who offend homosexuals? Those who slander and hate them? The hatred of homosexuality, and the persecution of homosexuals, has been going on for a long time.
So, when someone is a 'Sex Offender', they are someone who offends sex?

They've offended someone else's sex, yes.
As stated by another, though, 'homosexual' is origionally translated from Malakos, meaning "Soft to the touch". Also, Offender is generally used in relation to the breaking of a law. So that would mean that this particulat passage refers to the violation of that which is soft, (i.e. the young males as was commonplace at the time)

ninja As I said, roots of the words aren't my specialty. I know where to find the sources, but my work is strictly in-Bible.
That's fine. Yet, the thing to know is that it was common for the wealthier Greeks of the time to take young men more or less as prostitutes. This is where the "soft to the touch" argument comes in to refer to those of fair skin. As times were harsher in those days due to the increase in sustainable agriculture, being fair skinned was rare in people of either gender, but especially males. While this could be constued as a verse to ward off pedafiles, the previous words referring to 'male prostetutes points towards the likelyhood of it being of the homosexual nature.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace

As stated by another, though, 'homosexual' is origionally translated from Malakos, meaning "Soft to the touch". Also, Offender is generally used in relation to the breaking of a law. So that would mean that this particulat passage refers to the violation of that which is soft, (i.e. the young males as was commonplace at the time)

ninja As I said, roots of the words aren't my specialty. I know where to find the sources, but my work is strictly in-Bible.
That's fine. Yet, the thing to know is that it was common for the wealthier Greeks of the time to take young men more or less as prostitutes. This is where the "soft to the touch" argument comes in to refer to those of fair skin. As times were harsher in those days due to the increase in sustainable agriculture, being fair skinned was rare in people of either gender, but especially males. While this could be constued as a verse to ward off pedafiles, the previous words referring to 'male prostetutes points towards the likelyhood of it being of the homosexual nature.

[nod] It states that lust and prolific unmarried sex are the sins referred to as "sexual immorality" in the Book of Romans. Male prostitution and ***** prostitution would fit those categories.
Donovinhs Knight
FerretPrince
Donovinhs Knight
linaloki
Donovinhs Knight

There are different rules to when your trying to get a baby.
If you had sex and deposit the semen into the womans v****a without the intent of making a baby, thats bad. If you have the intent of making a baby and it doesnt take, thats not bad since your intent was to make a baby and even though it didnt work it wasnt a waste.

All in the intent? Does this mean that I can still have sex with other men so long as I tell myself that we are trying to get a baby? :3
linaloki
Thelostcup

Quite correct. Sexual immorality which, strangely enough, according to Paul, was not homosexuality. 3nodding

Just curious. What is Sexual Immorality?
linaloki
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace
linaloki
FlowingPeace

[nod] It states that lust and prolific unmarried sex are the sins referred to as "sexual immorality" in the Book of Romans. Male prostitution and ***** prostitution would fit those categories.
So, in general, I think it can be agreed upon that while homosexual sex is indeed wrong, people shouldn't be throwing their sticks and stones unless they themselves are free of *drumroll for the word of the day* lasciviousness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff