• Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Supercalefragelistic
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Supercalefragelistic
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Supercalefragelistic

nononono I wasn't suggesting you were, I'm just referring to the other people in the topic who are ^_^ And I know they're the same thing, just to some people they're not. For example I used to have this mormon friend and I asked her if Mormonism and Christianity were the same thing, she told me that they weren't because they have different rules, and to be honest I couldn't care less, but..yea....

So yea, you rock xD Have an awesome day xp 3nodding xd
Your friend is wrong. Christianity is the entire religion, and Catholicism and Mormonism are both sects of it. The whole purpose of the different sects is because of people who don't all agree on the same beliefs. There is no set in stone beliefs for Christianity because all of the different sects each have their own, thus why they are different. Just because Mormonism is one of the most different sects, that doesn't mean it isn't a part of Christianity at all.

O.O Can we just go back to being friendly? Right now I feel quite threatened.
Why? I'm disproving what your friend said, not you. xD

Lol okay, so how are you today? I'm so sleeepy.....
I'm pretty sleepy too, I always go to bed too late. xD
I'm an atheist so I guess I have no say in this but I'm really happy religious people are now accepting gay rights and gay marriage. It makes me happy that more people are getting intelligence.

Devoted Pirate

Supercalefragelistic

Why are you threatened by the truth told in a non charged manner?

2,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Blackrose_Knight
Supercalefragelistic

Why are you threatened by the truth told in a non charged manner?

Guess whut, IMA DOLPHIN YO biggrin

Saint Werewolf

16,350 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
While yes, I do find it hard to understand people who can't accept homosexuals, I can grasp the concept that they may have been brought up that way...but I don't think it states that homosexuality is a sin in the damned bible. Which in itself seems like a bunch of garbage to me. I completely accept homosexuality. I was a Christian when I was what...8? Then at 9 I realized that religion was just blind faith with no real logic, and turned into a complete and total Atheist, which in turn led my family into the wonderful world of Atheism! ;D

Whenever I hear/see that someone is against homosexuals, or gay marriage, I feel blind rage. This is one of the 3 topics that I actually feel strongly about! Religious fanatics can pray to whoever the hell they want, worship whoever, practice s**t that doesn't involve unwilling participates, and stay the hell away from me. Homosexuals were unwillingly brought into their religion, and it's highly unfair to them. They're not hurting you, so don't bother them. They're in love. Or are getting pleasure from the same sex. Obviously love isn't a so called 'sin', so I can't really understand why religious fanatics would deem it a so called 'sin'.
Dark Cookiez
While yes, I do find it hard to understand people who can't accept homosexuals, I can grasp the concept that they may have been brought up that way...but I don't think it states that homosexuality is a sin in the damned bible. Which in itself seems like a bunch of garbage to me. I completely accept homosexuality. I was a Christian when I was what...8? Then at 9 I realized that religion was just blind faith with no real logic, and turned into a complete and total Atheist, which in turn led my family into the wonderful world of Atheism! ;D

Whenever I hear/see that someone is against homosexuals, or gay marriage, I feel blind rage. This is one of the 3 topics that I actually feel strongly about! Religious fanatics can pray to whoever the hell they want, worship whoever, practice s**t that doesn't involve unwilling participates, and stay the hell away from me. Homosexuals were unwillingly brought into their religion, and it's highly unfair to them. They're not hurting you, so don't bother them. They're in love. Or are getting pleasure from the same sex. Obviously love isn't a so called 'sin', so I can't really understand why religious fanatics would deem it a so called 'sin'.

Homosexuality is pretty much considered a sin in the bible.

Religion is more than "blind faith", and logic isn't relevant to this.

You were never religious to begin with.

Why feel blind rage?

They're not hurting you = ok?

Well by that logic murderers are fine as long as they're not kill you.

Saint Werewolf

16,350 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez

Why feel blind rage?

Where does it state that?

I can't grasp that. I know it allows some people to feel better about themselves...and I forgot to point out that I was mainly talking about Christianity. I think religion has killed more people, than it has saved. Logic is relevant to me, even if religion doesn't have it.

No, but my parents and siblings were. We went to church often and I learned the basics. I also went to some Church Camp for the Summer. My Mother often tried to get me to understand the concept of a 'God'. I couldn't get it.

It seems highly unreasonable to me! Completely idiotic! WHY hate them for wanting love/pleasure? Same sex or no? Hm? No sense what so ever! Just because woman can reproduce doesn't mean we were made to just have sex and make babies! What the HELL is the point in that!? It's a meaningless existence, is what it is! Sex can just be for pleasure. Millions of people do it, I don't see how gender should affect your partner, whether it involves love or not.

If someone isn't causing you pain, physically, you should fight back. Hell, if they're trying to kill you, kill them! If they're verbally insulting you, don't attack physically, but retaliate with another verbal insult.

Honestly, I am not the best person in the world. If they're not killing me or someone I love - cool, it happens. Murder happens. It's part of life. I don't WANT people to die - but if I don't know them...I can't feel bad for them.
Dark Cookiez
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez

Why feel blind rage?

Lev something something. It's easy to find.

Quote:
I can't grasp that. I know it allows some people to feel better about themselves...and I forgot to point out that I was mainly talking about Christianity. I think religion has killed more people, than it has saved. Logic is relevant to me, even if religion doesn't have it.

I assumed you were because I know most people assume Religion = The Big 3.

Religion hasn't killed anyone, people have.

It doesn't work like that.

If you lived 2000 years ago and observed a man doing magical things would you not believe him to be divine?

It would be illogical to believe there was nothing special about him.

Quote:
No, but my parents and siblings were. We went to church often and I learned the basics. I also went to some Church Camp for the Summer. My Mother often tried to get me to understand the concept of a 'God'. I couldn't get it.

I adhere to the belief that you don't actually "believe" something if you change it.

True belief is different than belief and cannot be forced, like sexuality or genetics.

Quote:
It seems highly unreasonable to me! Completely idiotic! WHY hate them for wanting love/pleasure? Same sex or no? Hm? No sense what so ever! Just because woman can reproduce doesn't mean we were made to just have sex and make babies! What the HELL is the point in that!? It's a meaningless existence, is what it is! Sex can just be for pleasure. Millions of people do it, I don't see how gender should affect your partner, whether it involves love or not.

What if we don't even exist?

Everything presumed in both science and religion is based on the axiom that this is reality.

Sexual impurity can be against many religions.

We're not made to just have sex or just for pleasure only either.

Quote:
If someone isn't causing you pain, physically, you should fight back. Hell, if they're trying to kill you, kill them! If they're verbally insulting you, don't attack physically, but retaliate with another verbal insult.

If someone was hitting me I would not strike back. Violence isn't going to solve anything. I am no better than he is for hitting me.

If someone is trying to kill me then I will let them. I'm not going to harm them.

Why should I return with an insult? What good will come of it? What will I gain from it?

Quote:
Honestly, I am not the best person in the world. If they're not killing me or someone I love - cool, it happens. Murder happens. It's part of life. I don't WANT people to die - but if I don't know them...I can't feel bad for them.

It's unreasonable to think that you could feel bad for them, however you can be empathetic towards those in harder times than your own.

Or even that neat little mantra

Quote:
If you see someone in a worse place than you try to do your best to help them!

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Irish Economy
Viceroy Adrian
The Irish Economy
poopied00p

Quote:
why would he create homosexuals? or sin? or disease? or suffering in general?

As Tests

Why would an all-knowing deity need to test his subjects? If he is all-knowing, there is no need for tests. Thus, that means he is not all-knowing and that shows he is limited in power.

It's a test to ourselves and mankind as much as it is to him.

Nice try though.

That's no answering my question, that is reiterating what you said before.

So, "nice try though".

Saint Werewolf

16,350 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez

Why feel blind rage?

Quote:

If you lived 2000 years ago and observed a man doing magical things would you not believe him to be divine?

Quote:

I adhere to the belief that you don't actually "believe" something if you change it.

True belief is different than belief and cannot be forced, like sexuality or genetics.

Quote:

Everything presumed in both science and religion is based on the axiom that this is reality.

Quote:
If someone is
causing you pain, physically, you should fight back. Hell, if they're trying to kill you, kill them! If they're verbally insulting you, don't attack physically, but retaliate with another verbal insult.

If someone was hitting me I would not strike back. Violence isn't going to solve anything. I am no better than he is for hitting me.

If someone is trying to kill me then I will let them. I'm not going to harm them.

Why should I return with an insult? What good will come of it? What will I gain from it?

Quote:

It's unreasonable to think that you could feel bad for them, however you can be empathetic towards those in harder times than your own.

Quote:

Ah.

Yes, but religion was the reason they killed each other. It may not be the practice of itself, but in the whole it's caused hate.

2000 years ago, sure. I'd have to up-close WITNESS it though. If someone told me about it I would need clear, obvious proof, or I would not believe them...and perhaps not divine, per say, but - magical? While yes, it would be illogical...I would still have some trouble beliving it.

Hmmm. I suppose I wouldn't understand that.

Than many people aren't true belivers, or they were merely gradually taught to believe something and grew up without knowing of another path. Religion can try and force homosexuals to be straight, and sometimes - it works. They can be taught to not have a romantic relationship with men, by threats of going to hell.
Genetics...what if the Mother was raped? Otherwise I don't have any objections to that particular statement. (Sorry this is taking so long to respond, I'm talking to my Mother about her day)

If we didn't exist we wouldn't know. I don't care if this is reality or not. We're at least semi-consious, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing over this.

How is it an impurity?

Obviously not.

Yes, but I don't know their entire circumstance.

While yes, I will TRY and help them...my needs still come before theirs. Unless I love them, then I'll die for them.
Dark Cookiez
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez
The LDs Juxtaposed
Dark Cookiez

Why feel blind rage?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
If someone is
causing you pain, physically, you should fight back. Hell, if they're trying to kill you, kill them! If they're verbally insulting you, don't attack physically, but retaliate with another verbal insult.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Ah.

Yes, but religion was the reason they killed each other. It may not be the practice of itself, but in the whole it's caused hate.

Religion hasn't really made people kill each other more so than anything else in existence.

Like anything all of the "great" wars usually have some pretense to them.

Crusades being about resources rather than religion.

Quote:
2000 years ago, sure. I'd have to up-close WITNESS it though. If someone told me about it I would need clear, obvious proof, or I would not believe them...and perhaps not divine, per say, but - magical? While yes, it would be illogical...I would still have some trouble beliving it.

If he said he was divine would you not believe him?

Quote:
Than many people aren't true belivers, or they were merely gradually taught to believe something and grew up without knowing of another path. Religion can try and force homosexuals to be straight, and sometimes - it works. They can be taught to not have a romantic relationship with men, by threats of going to hell.
Genetics...what if the Mother was raped? Otherwise I don't have any objections to that particular statement. (Sorry this is taking so long to respond, I'm talking to my Mother about her day)

True belief isn't necessarily negative while it may seem like it.

I'm not alienating a group or stating that the belief of some is false but I don't agree with calling yourself of a religion so easily.

When I was younger my father showed me some views of Christianity and I never accepted them. I didn't say I did or did not and I have never in my life called myself a Christian.

Your spiritual identity forms gradually and things that make sense can often change.

I don't think Jesus had the best moral teachings around but he isn't the worst role model you could have in life.

People can try to force homosexuals to be straight. It's not "religion" so much. Bad people will be bad regardless of faith in the same way that good people will be good regardless of faith. However the outliers are a small percentage of the actual population that exists. As a whole I find that most people are decent humans and that humanity gets better every day.

Genetics in this case is referencing that you cannot change your genes to what you would like.

Quote:
If we didn't exist we wouldn't know. I don't care if this is reality or not. We're at least semi-consious, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing over this.

What's to say that you are not only a figment of what I perceive to be reality?

That everything in my life has already been planned out and I cannot actively change anything.

Or that I am not actually myself but rather something else.

Quote:
How is it an impurity?

Goes against the will of God.

Quote:
While yes, I will TRY and help them...my needs still come before theirs. Unless I love them, then I'll die for them

Why can't you love all?
well i am a lesbian and i practice pantheismn. in my religion they dont think it is wrong. ive been taught that its pretty much okay and natural. its in all sorts of animals so i dont see a problem at all

Dapper Fatcat

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm a Christian, and I see nothing wrong with homosexuality.
Although I do believe God sees it as a "sin", that's not really the point..
There is no one who can honestly say they've gone through life without committing a sin, hardcore Christian or otherwise
But, according to the Bible, as long as you accept Christ into your heart, God will forgive you
So... That's kinda how I see it.

Gracious Raider

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Dark Cookiez

Actually, the Bible does say it's wrong a couple of times in both the old and new testaments. I can give you the scripture if you want to look them up. That is what Christians base their arguments on after all. Otherwise there would hardly be a point to this discussion.

Also, faith is what faith is. If I believe one thing and you believe another, I can't force my beliefs on you and you shouldn't force yours on me. The same can be said about the latest fashion trends. They can be amazing to me and crappy to someone else. I can't be forced to change my opinion, can I?

On the pleasure and love bit, the Bible does say that everything is permissible but not everything is good. You are allowed to have sexual relations with the same sex. It is possible and it has and probably will keep happening, but that does not make it right or good. This is my opinion on the matter but please don't get offended. It's all for argument's sake.

Gracious Raider

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Heenawter
I'm a Christian, and I see nothing wrong with homosexuality.
Although I do believe God sees it as a "sin", that's not really the point..
There is no one who can honestly say they've gone through life without committing a sin, hardcore Christian or otherwise
But, according to the Bible, as long as you accept Christ into your heart, God will forgive you
So... That's kinda how I see it.

There is no point to repentance without changing one's ways. What good will a punishment do if I go right back to commit the same crime again? Without that change, we can't say that we have repented. The confession of sins and asking for forgiveness will just be a bunch of empty words.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff