Purr purr purr. 0.32968236582694 33.0% [ 301 ]
Total Votes:[ 913 ]

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir_Catherine
So many questions. I can only imagine how many tens of times crazier it feels to be a new parent! Gorenza, Summer
Speaking of the lil Devil: Alora. She knows her ABCs and recognizes them when she sees them. She call count to 20 and when she is upset or missing her mom, she sings to herself to calm herself (Songs like "Grown ups come back" and "It is okay to feel sad" wink

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir_Catherine
@ Nox Your avatar! gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright Really, 'angelic' is the only word I can use for it. It's both obviously so and also works in the more descriptive sense.
Thank you! (sorry for the slow response... Been on Modmas). I was aiming for a Topper Angel xD

Invisible Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Hooray, a color themed contest! I have been bad about contests lately, probably because though it's not a bad thing, people have been choosing themes that make a person have to actually think.. sweatdrop (not that color themes take no thought, but they are much less stressful than other contests for me)

Lotta stress around here, something something retail business that sells Christmas um... EVERYTHING... lol... and a new boss that really doesn't know what she's doing and is thus learning her job at our expense, ugh... so, crappy scheduling, lots of people quitting, and everyone that IS at work is crabby all the time, over-stressed by things that have changed that shouldn't have, but the new boss insists on doing things HER way (even when the way we had previously worked perfectly fine, and the only thing wrong with it was that she didn't come up with it... rolleyes )

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Silver Nox
My older cat loves watching the mouse moving around the screen.

On the topic of cats left too long, when my brother in law would leave for too long, his cat would pee on his pillow.

Have these two cats always been together? Love their names
Well, a bit of drool, a bit of spit up (hair ball phlem?), but no pee other than in the litter box. I really think it'll help that there's two of them. And if I'm gone more than a day I'll have a neighbor come in and play with them. Three of us have cats, are friendly with each other and trust each other to cat sit.

In fact, the two of them were my references I gave the shelter when they wanted such during the adoption process. I hadn't expected to need such but the two were my obvious choices and as they had come with me to look at the cats I was able to get a quick verbal okay to put them down. Then the shelter gal said something about needing to call references as part of the process and all three of us started laughing. They ended up just shooing me into a different room (with cats in it wink ) and chatting with my two references in person.

The two cats haven't always been together, but they have so for a goodly amount of time while both were in the shelter. The shelter had four separate rooms the cats were divided into and these two were in the same room. Granted, they weren't alone together so I don't know that they're buddies, but they get along and know each other. One likes to lick the other one's head and the other one just goes on eating or sleeping. Despite this being the same one that will chase her other times of the day. xd

Did I explain the names yet?

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Silver Nox
Speaking of the lil Devil: Alora. She knows her ABCs and recognizes them when she sees them. She call count to 20 and when she is upset or missing her mom, she sings to herself to calm herself (Songs like "Grown ups come back" and "It is okay to feel sad" wink
So cute! And so big! surprised Give Summer our hugs and love, okay? Tell her we miss her and if she gets a minute (haha, I know) come say hello. smile

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
I hope no one minds an excess of cat posts for a while...

Just while I've been responding, both have stopped running around and come to sit, one by me, one on my lap, and watch the computer while I type.

This is actually my first full day with them. Brought them home last Tuesday late afternoon and have worked every day since.

They've slept on my bed with me every night starting with the first. Thankfully I have a full sized bed! It's slowly getting easier to sleep with their random noises, investigations and curled up bodies hindering my tossing and turning.

Dedicated Rogue

I don't think anyone minds a ton of cat posts, Catherine 3nodding Pretty sure most of us all love kitties, even if we don't have them!

Also, this is my entry for the contest. Was going for a St. Lucai kind of feel, as that's very classic in my mind.

Supportive Cat

16,615 Points
  • Team Player 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • There are two sides... 50
Sir_Catherine

Just while I've been responding, both have stopped running around and come to sit, one by me, one on my lap, and watch the computer while I type.

This is actually my first full day with them. Brought them home last Tuesday late afternoon and have worked every day since.

They've slept on my bed with me every night starting with the first. Thankfully I have a full sized bed! It's slowly getting easier to sleep with their random noises, investigations and curled up bodies hindering my tossing and turning.
How cute. I don't mind lots of cat pictures.

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir_Catherine
Did I explain the names yet?
I don't believe so though I may have just missed it.
What kind of cats are they, do you know?

Merry Dabbler

Feliz Navidad.
Thought I best get in the spirit and join in on the holiday costume contest.

524 for the GCC.

Merry Dabbler

Came across a article about microchimeric cells. Kind of a mixed bag of possible positive and negative effects. Interesting food for thought.

525 for the GCC.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-discover-childrens-cells-living-in-mothers-brain/?WT.mc_id=SA_Facebook

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Silver Nox
I don't believe so though I may have just missed it.
What kind of cats are they, do you know?
I don't remember typing it out so I think this is one place I haven't nattered on in explanation yet.

They are two, brown tabby, females who came to the shelter as strays.

One is somewhat small and sleek of coat. She's almost a dark calico as the tabby stripes are faint and there are tufts of orange here and there and cream on her paws. She loves treats, is in my face when I'm eating, enjoyed catnip and loves to curl nose to tail in my lap whenver she can. Once in my lap she'll growl if I try to move her! Her age is estimated at 3-4 years. Her name is Sule.

The other is about a year and a half and is a traditional tabby in markings. She has a fluffy coat and tail. Very playful though so far she's shown no interest in treats, catnip or even my own food. Her name is Sati.

My mother was suggesting names and said "Sule". This made me think of Neil Diamond's song "Soolaimon". I happened to know soolaimon can mean "hello", "goodby" and "peace be/go with you" and has variations in a number of languages. Thus Soolaimon is her full name, Sule for short.

With that start I had to have just as complex a name for Sati. xd So I took the word "satyagraha" that I learned from an Orson Scott Card book, Shadow of the Hegemony. In essence it means 'courage to do right' and was coined by Gandhi. Wiki has a full article on it.

So, yes, so much explanation for two little kitties, Sule and Sati!

Waffles

Silver Nox
Sir_Catherine
So many questions. I can only imagine how many tens of times crazier it feels to be a new parent! Gorenza, Summer

Aw, how cute. xd

Waffles

Sir_Catherine

Don't mind at all. biggrin

Waffles

Chrysetta
Lotta stress around here, something something retail business that sells Christmas um... EVERYTHING... lol... and a new boss that really doesn't know what she's doing and is thus learning her job at our expense, ugh... so, crappy scheduling, lots of people quitting, and everyone that IS at work is crabby all the time, over-stressed by things that have changed that shouldn't have, but the new boss insists on doing things HER way (even when the way we had previously worked perfectly fine, and the only thing wrong with it was that she didn't come up with it... rolleyes )

That last bit doesn't sound so much like new management as bad management? Or at least, being insecure... neutral

I'm going to be taking over some stuff in January (eeeep), and my plan is to do things as near as possible to the old way until I know enough to make changes that make sense. It's going to be rocky enough without trying to make extra changes...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff