Sleepy kitty, 0.11719605695509 11.7% [ 107 ]
Purr purr purr. 0.32968236582694 33.0% [ 301 ]
Total Votes:[ 913 ]

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
@ Pegasus Glad to hear you're surviving and, I hope, thriving. I want to hear all about what grad work in Shakespearean studies is like!

@ everyone I think I'll have a holiday themed contest ready to go this weekend. It'll be a straight forward, color themed, avatar contest.

@ Nox Your avatar! gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright Really, 'angelic' is the only word I can use for it. It's both obviously so and also works in the more descriptive sense.

Waffles

Sir_Catherine
Silver Nox
Hehe thank you Aeronn <3

I really liked how you could tell right away what Sir Catherine as going for!
I knew you right off as well, Silver. smile I like how we both went for relatively recent, American history figures. I was sure I'd be a lone modern outlier.

Thank you, Aeronn! I wish you'd had more to judge but I think the season is just catching up with everyone.

It was still fun, and interesting to see what you both came up with. I was expecting something more British from you. biggrin

Waffles

Pegasus Staracras
Hi guys! Just letting you know that yes I am alive! I'm almost finished my first semester of grad work! I will try to come on more after that.

Hugs for all!
Hey!
Good luck with your final things!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Aeronn
It was still fun, and interesting to see what you both came up with. I was expecting something more British from you. biggrin
So was I! xd In the end, I really wanted to get the look right, not just stylistically but iconically(sp?) as well. Much of what I could think of with a British theme would, with Gaian items, wind up too general for my own liking. I was reading an article about strong female role models for young girls (written by a mom trying to show her daughter something other than princesses) and realized Amelia could be a fun choice and very doable. Getting the right coat was surprisingly the hardest part of the outfit.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
My cats are home now. heart

We three are still adjusting. It's going to be an interesting few days, I believe. I'm still jumping and on edge when I hear sounds from the other room. What are they up to? Are they behaving? Is something wrong? Do I need to get up and see? Will they be okay when I'm at work all day tomorrow?

So many questions. I can only imagine how many tens of times crazier it feels to be a new parent! Gorenza, Summer

Merry Dabbler

I just assume that kitties natural disposition is naughty.
Your kitties are adults, so long as they are healthy things should be pretty easy for you.
When they get really attached leaving for multiple days can cause them distress.
I have had plenty of grumpy kitties upset that I was not home sooner.
Expect scratching at your bedroom door and alike. I feel leaving a dog home alone is more nerve wracking then leaving a cat. Perhaps it's just me but I think dogs are far more emotional beings.

With children you worry about the extremes. You look at what you do and ask, am I doing this too much or too little. You look for signs for any and all possible problems and hope your not too tired to notice. A negative reaction to your care can feel devastating.

523 for the GCC

Sir_Catherine

We three are still adjusting. It's going to be an interesting few days, I believe. I'm still jumping and on edge when I hear sounds from the other room. What are they up to? Are they behaving? Is something wrong? Do I need to get up and see? Will they be okay when I'm at work all day tomorrow?

So many questions. I can only imagine how many tens of times crazier it feels to be a new parent! Gorenza, Summer
For those of us here who play D&D and similar games (I got a good chuckle out of this):

User Image

Cheery Dabbler

22,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nerd 50

Cheery Dabbler

22,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nerd 50
Sir_Catherine

Yay! (Hope I didn't freak them out when I called on Wednesday…My cats freak out when they hear the phone ring, or the doorbell…even if it's on the television and not actually happening at home.) Pictures? cool

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
@ Rotarrin Epic win there.

@ Avry I've pictures on my tablet but don't know how to get them on my computer and thus here. I'll try to dig out batteries for my camera tomorrow and then upload pictures. Sati is relatively easy to photograph, no promises on Sule.

I wasn't home when you called but they didn't appear particularly startled when I played your message. Nor did they jump when Chrysetta called the other night, so I think it's okay. They don't even come to greet me when I walk in the door. They remain curled up wherever they're ensconced, usually one in the general room and one on my bed. Once I've settled, either on the couch or in bed for the night, they both join me. Well, in the room at least. Right now they're walking round the living room investigating everything like it's all new again, somehow.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Oh, should add that Sati is facinated by the sound of my typing and keeps trying to step on the keyboard while I am.

Spent today driving to Eau Clair to have lunch with mom, dad and sister. That was great. Mom asked what I was doing next weekend and suggested just she and I meet up then. We'd invite Dad but he's more of a "meet, eat, part" guy where as she and I will hang around the city together just for the heck of it and he'd be bored stiff window shopping and cat talking. Dad likes to do his socializing from the comfort of home, particularly his man cave garage lounge.

It eats up a day off to drive to Eau Clair and back, but seeing mom or mom + other family about once a month instead of every six months is wonderful.

Umm...cat + keyboard means...what the heck did she do to my browser window?!? But it was hilarious watching her jump every time she caused the screen to change! Of course she was jumping while on the keyboard...

PS: figured it out; she'd somehow put it in "full screen" mode

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
A Color Themed Christmas Avatar Contest

Please choose one of these three color combinations and create a Christmas avatar.

Elegant: Red + Green + Black

Classic: Red + Green + White

Warmth: Red + Green + Brown

Supportive Cat

16,615 Points
  • Team Player 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • There are two sides... 50
I'm going for the classic look. cat_blaugh

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sir_Catherine
Umm...cat + keyboard means...what the heck did she do to my browser window?!? But it was hilarious watching her jump every time she caused the screen to change! Of course she was jumping while on the keyboard...
My older cat loves watching the mouse moving around the screen.

On the topic of cats left too long, when my brother in law would leave for too long, his cat would pee on his pillow.

Have these two cats always been together? Love their names

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces