Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who should have won?

Goku 0.58620689655172 58.6% [ 34 ]
Superman 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 58 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

If you guys don't know Screwattack recently released their most hyped up episode of Death Battle, a series where they pit two different characters against one another and figure out who would win using stats, history, and logical explanation. The episode was Goku vs Superman, a match up that the fans have wanted since the series started. And this episode is easily their most ambitious yet, clocking in at over 30 minutes, getting much outside help, and ending in their most ambitious fight scene yet.

If you haven't seen it I urge you guys to check it out. Even if you're not a big fan of either character its very entertaining and informative.

My question to you all is, after watching it do you agree? There have been many people giving their own opinions on the video and I thought it would be interesting to see where the people of Gaia stood on the subject. Do you think this video fairly represented each character? Who do you think should have won?

DEATH BATTLE: GOKU VS SUPERMAN

MY OWN THOUGHTS ON THE VIDEO IN DEPTH
***Video not posted here to prevent spoilers***
We're supposed to have thoughts about this?

Beloved Knight

Ughhh.... But Superman isn't an anime/manga series and Dragon Ball Z is... stare

In other words, they can't be really compared because they're totally way different. An example is you can't really compare a Western Cartoon/Comic character with a Anime/Manga character either way.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

As much as I like Goku and would have liked him to win, it's the goddamn Superman.
Of course Superman is going to beat out Goku. The result was obvious from the start.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
No one wins, they blew up the earth.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

XBalmung

Give it a few episodes and we'll all be back via the dragonballs or some other such nonsense.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
char fashionable
XBalmung

Give it a few episodes and we'll all be back via the dragonballs or some other such nonsense.

It's too late, they already wished for panties. gonk
SparkNorkx
Ughhh.... But Superman isn't an anime/manga series and Dragon Ball Z is... stare

In other words, they can't be really compared because they're totally way different. An example is you can't really compare a Western Cartoon/Comic character with a Anime/Manga character either way.

Why does it matter if one is an anime/manga and the other isn't? They're both character, they both have their own abilities, and they each have stories from which we can draw conclusion. Being an anime/manga doesn't make a difference.

Beloved Knight

Johnny_Crimson
SparkNorkx

Why does it matter if one is an anime/manga and the other isn't? They're both character, they both have their own abilities, and they each have stories from which we can draw conclusion. Being an anime/manga doesn't make a difference.

It's a whole different genre. Western cartoon and Japanese cartoon is not the same.

In fact, we anime bloggers/reviewers (or anime fans) don't even compare the two. If you happen to see someone doing it, they're just being silly.
mmm...both?
Goku seems stronger then Superman because Superman very rarely uses his powers to their full potential. Superman is always holding back, he's generally using maybe five percent of his powers if that during the average day in Metropolis, if he's fighting a stronger threat he might use more. Very few of his enemies actually force him to use his full power and they are Doomsday, Darkseid and any evil kryptonian.

Goku's biggest advantage is his energy projection. Superman only has his heat vision and it's no where near as effective and versatile as ki blasts are. However Superman can survive entering a star, a fate that is normally a death sentence for the most powerful beings. Can Goku survive being flung into a star? I don't know. All i do know is that would only supercharge Superman.

I do believe it would be an amazing fight where both Superman and Goku keep using more and more of their strength and it would probably go on for a while. However Goku gets tired faster then superman does. superman does not have to eat, he gets energy directly from yellow sun light so he can fight longer at higher strength. I believe Superman would win.
I'm gonna have to go with Goku with this one.
Men in tights VS Shounen would be more appropriate.
SparkNorkx
Johnny_Crimson
SparkNorkx

It's a whole different genre. Western cartoon and Japanese cartoon is not the same.

In fact, we anime bloggers/reviewers (or anime fans) don't even compare the two. If you happen to see someone doing it, they're just being silly.

I understand that its a different genre but its not like we're comparing a fruit to a horse. Even if the art style is different between the two they each tell stories with a deep narrative about characters. Characters which by all intents and purposes can be compared to one another.
can't decide. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces