Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Dog Mr. Kitty
Lokshen
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Lokshen
My Dog Mr. Kitty
He wasn't being chased down, he was being followed
There's a big difference there

Being followed by a creepy man with a gun. Yeah that isn't terrifying.

I doubt Martin knew he had a gun, considering he called his girlfriend rather than the police, and he at one point attacked him before any shots were fired. That doesn't sound like someone who's scared of being shot

Well you can be shot, or you can try and fight and escape....?

Fight or flight son.
Let's see
Martin had him on the ground, having smashed his face into the cement at least once hard enough to break his nose, and then he was later shot, not in the back

But regardless of why Martin attacked, he still attacked. And because of that Zimmerman had a right to defend himself

Not quite, Zimmerman pursued Martin with no real basis. If anyone in the situation had any real threat, it would be Martin seeing as Zimmerman acted as the aggressor by chasing him. And I say chasing because in the call you can hear Zimmerman out of breath, which prompted the dispatcher to ask "Are you following him?" and later inform him that "We don't need you to do that"

Martin stood his ground. The law protects him, not Zimmerman. Hell, he was instructed to leave the kid alone.
Zimmerman pursued an innocent teen even though a 911 dispatcher told him not to, breaking neighborhood watch protocol. How can one use Stand your ground or claim self-defense when he/she is the aggressor?

Zimmerman needs to be locked away.

/thread

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
tererun the horrifying
Keltoi Samurai
tererun the horrifying
Keltoi Samurai
GunsmithKitten

Actually, the establishment right has been falling down around themselves to defend this guy and find excuses. Check out anytime Fox's talking heads get on the issue.

y'know, I never thought I'd see the day when FOX News'd be defending a brown person.

technically, he looks white, acts white, and has a white guy name. However, one of the more interesting photos that was found out there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

look at those gangstas. Clearly the irish and hispanic Mob were getting ready to kill all those innocent people around them because hoodies make you evil.

the only pic I ever saw of Mr. Zimmerman looked distinctly hispanic.

When the news has to tell you every time they mention him that he is hispanic, he is not noticeable. of course, this is only a problem if you ascribe to the racist idea hispanics cannot be racist.
Keltoi Samurai

as for how he acts, well . . . I don't know the man, and the only behavior I've seen attributed to him is his shooting of a black man. I hope that's not what you were meaning to insinuate by saying he "acts white."

I am pretty sure shooting a black kid in his neighborhood for wearing a hoodie and being black is racist. Even if you are going to use your piss poor excuse that he is hispanic he could still be racist against blacks.
Keltoi Samurai

as for Geraldo Rivera, I'd hesitate to call him "hispanic," but that's largely due to the fact that I'd hesitate to call him human. pretty much the same for Billy Boy there being Irish.

Nope, geraldo is a spick and Bull o is a drunk mick. As we can see from my picture they are both hoodie wearing gangstas.

the news media ISN'T calling him Hispanic, his family is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57399800-504083/911-calls-released-in-trayvon-martin-fatal-shooting/

first paragraph: "After listening to recordings of 911 calls Friday night, the family of a black teenager fatally shot by a white neighborhood watch volunteer say they're convinced now more than ever that the shooter should be charged." ( emphasis mine )

so, no, the news media isn't portraying him as hispanic, they're calling him white, and trying to insinuate that was why he wasn't arrested initially

the only person keeps mentioning racism is you, here. I've not said he wasn't a racist, only that I don't know if he was or wasn't. there's too much of this case that I don't know to say anything definitive. I do know that 911 told him "do not follow," and that following at that point was a mistake, but I'm not ready to call it murder just because a neighborhood watch member followed someone they thought was suspicious.

we still don't know who attacked who first, and I'm hesitant to say Zimmerman loses his right to self-defense just because he did something inadvisable, in the same way I'd be hesitant to say a woman loses her right to defend herself from a rapist just because she walked down that dark alley, despite being advised to not do so.

do please try and read what a person says before trying to debate them, you only reveal yourself as a troll otherwise.
tererun the horrifying
kiaronna
Martin attacked first, regardless of how "creepy" Zimmerman might have appeared. Zimmerman initially claimed this, and there were eyewitnesses. Martin was the first to resort to violence. There is a law in Florida that specifically states that if someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense, and that includes shooting someone.

Did you read what you just said, or did crap just pop out of your mouth. They know zimmerman was staking the kid. he reported that himself, and the girlfriend says the kid noticed the creepy white guy following him. That is the start of the altercation right there. he was not a cop. He was not under any real authority to confront treyvon at all. the best he could do is follow treyvin and report his activities to the police who have the authority to approach and detain treyvon.

Instead what he did was when he felt the dispatcher was not taking him seriously he decided to confront treyvon on his own without any authority. i don't blame treyvon for being confrontational with the stupid white racist following him around. it was a bad choice that got him killed, but he had a right to defend himself against the guy stalking him. You do not have the right to go up and ******** with people because you do not like them in your neighborhood. Zimmerman had every opportunity to not be near enough to treyvon to be in imminent danger. HJe had a car, the kid was walking. he had a gun, the kid was unarmed. he followed him and confronted him when he ould have simply stayed back and waited for the police.

there was nothing self defense about any of this, and this is why a no retreat law is a failure that allows people to instigate a fight and have excuse for using deadly force in an altercation they made happen. Without that law they would have busted him right there because he never made an effort to get away, and made every effort to be in that situation. The kid was not invading his house. he did not walk up to the guy and start beating him.

kiaronna

Zimmerman apparently knew the law- and as a man on duty in neighborhood watch, who in their right mind would let a person that just attacked them continue to walk through their populated neighborhood?

Let us say that was the case. the kid beat the hell out of him then went wandering away into the neighborhood. Why go after him? This does not justify homicide. he is not given authority by the law to use deadly force to stop a bad guy for joining the neighborhood watch. You have a cell phone, you call the cops and possibly an ambulance if you need one. The cops would then go and find the kid and bust him for assault. Even if you did not want the kid to get away, you don't go back to him and shoot him. You are neighborhood watch, not neighborhood shoot first and hope that you can make a case for self defense.

You are right, he knew the law. he knew what to do. How do we even know he did not let the kid get a shot or two in on him so he could shoot him? he knew the law, and he had one of them evil coon kids in his neighborhood. he had a gun and wanted to send a message to the black people who would come around his neighborhood that if they did they would get shot. This was not the first time this guy did bullshit like this.

kiaronna

Martin himself certainly wasn't an angel. He had recently been suspended from school, and according to a family spokesperson, this was for possessing marijuana.

Drug possesion is not evidence of a violent personality. Also, there is no way for zimmerman to have known anything about that. the kid may have been dealing or using, but in any case zimmerman had no way of knowing that.
kiaronna

He had practically a row of golden teeth.

So it is a good idea to shoot people with gold teeth? OK, you are officially mentally retarded.
kiaronna

His Facebook page had indications of other violent acts he may have committed.

Information zimmerman could not have had at the time he was following the kid. For all he knew this kid was an angel with no problems. that is why he is a racist. it does not make him not a racist because he guessed right. He approached him based on nothing more than he was wearing a hoodie and was black. If the kid was buying and selling drugs and zimmerman knew about it where are the drugs? if the kid was threatening and assaulting other people, where are the complaints? Even if the kid was a drug lord kingpin who killed hundreds of people, you still are not in your rights to shoot him for buying iced tea and skittles. if you are really concerned the kid was an arch criminal like zimmerman tries to claim, you certainly do not walk up to him in broad daylight and shoot his a**. the police have rules, gangs do not. his story does not even add up in that way. Supposedly this was a deadly black evil druglord zimmerman was trying to stop on his ******** own. if you are really that afraid of the kid, why would you even go up to him and give him the chance to kill you.

kiaronna

Zimmerman, on the other hand, was a volunteering neighborhood watch captain.

one who was familiar to the police for going overboard.
kiaronna

Further, Zimmerman-despite some of the media's initial claims of white-on-black racism- isn't white.

if you are white and your last name is zimmerman no one gives a ******** you have some hispanic relatives somewhere in your tree. this is why zimmerman is always mentioned as being a white hispanic because without them saying he was hispanic no one would really make that connection. Oh, and for that matter you can still be racist and latino. Have you never heard hispanics talk about their own different nationalities?
kiaronna

If white people support him, they aren't being racist.

Don't forget dense, ignorant, stupid, ********, and fox news reporter.
kiaronna

They are not siding with their own race or claiming it to be superior. They are siding with a man who was attacked by another man who was taller and likely more fit, a man that was walking through a neighborhood that was not his own, a man with a questionable history.

Again that defense might work if zimmerman knew any of bad info about the kid. instead he got the idea the kid was bad because he was black and wearing a hoodie, and that is racist.
kiaronna

In my own opinion, standing back from the situation, Zimmerman should have just walked away.

if he truly felt something dangerous was going on he should have waited for the cop he called to have sent there to show up. Given he seemed to cry wolf a lot perhaps the police were not to keen on another waste of time. Still, he could have done his job as neighborhood watch by simply watching and not being neighborhood coon shooter.

kiaronna

He should have let the police take care of it. However, Zimmerman was understandably not feeling particularly tranquil. He had just had his head bashed in and the perpetrator was about to run free through the neighborhood Zimmerman was attempting to protect. In my eyes, and in the laws of Florida, the case doesn't go in Martin's favor- but Zimmerman still did something wrong.

Still not an excuse to kill someone. if he is running away you can then call the police and get to safety. your own ideas contradict even the imminent danger required for the stand your ground law. You have to be being attacked to be in danger and fear for your life. you are not fearing for your life because the attacked is going to get away from you. Really, i hope he ******** up and uses that story in court. it is not standing your ground when the person is getting away, it is vengenace. that is murder by your own racist account of what happened.

now i am happy your crawled out from under whatever racist rock your human scum lives under to give us all your stupid ******** point of view. now you have proven your racism and stupidity beyond any shadow of a doubt. thank you, and you can shut the ******** up now.

Is there any possibility that the girlfriend might be slightly biased? Hmm. And though Treyvon might have been freaked out by the man following him, many of the details of the case have me thinking that the "big, menacing white man" was not what he was approached by. The fact that Martin had the upper hand enough to repeatedly smash Zimmerman's head into the concrete shows that Zimmerman didn't just walk up and shoot him on sight, something a prejudiced and irrational man would be apt to do. Neither was Zimmerman anywhere near prepared to use said gun, and likely wasn't showing his gun. What frightened teenager would attempt to use his fists to fight a gun? And even if he did, how on earth would he win? Neither did Zimmerman bring the unfair advantage of, say, HIS CAR. If he was racist and wanted to shoot this boy so badly, why was he so lacking of the upper hand? I think Zimmerman was wrong in his actions of pursuing the boy, but judging by his lack of preparation, it's unlikely that he was a trigger-happy racist. He was a concerned citizen that was watching a stranger go through his GATED neighborhood, one which was often robbed. This isn't a racism case. I wouldn't have cared if this mysterious stranger was white, black, or purple. They were in my neighborhood when they shouldn't have been, and when I approached them in a way that could have been only verbally threatening, they attacked me. We do not know if Martin was attempting to escape when Zimmerman shot him, or whether he shot him in the scuffle.
I do not mention Martin's golden teeth or bad rap sheet to show that Zimmerman was justified in stalking him or shooting him. Zimmerman couldn't have known. I mention it to show that Martin was likely a troubled and violent individual, an individual who would attack a man. Drug use doesn't indicate violence, but Facebook posts by your cousin about how you "swung" at another person do.
Zimmerman had no right to follow Martin, and no authority to do so. However, the minute Martin attacked him, Zimmerman had the right to use his gun in self defense. I have been approached by creepy individuals before, but I don't then jump them. I would want to get the heck away.
The angel with no problems was walking through Zimmerman's neighborhood at night for no reason. It wouldn't have mattered if the kid was black or not. I would've been suspicious too.
I've listened to the recording of Zimmerman's call. Despite the fact that everyone claims he was a raging racist out for blood, Zimmerman's initial description of the boy didn't even include his race, instead talking about the environment and what the boy was doing. The 911 responder actually had to prompt him and ask the boy's race, to which Zimmerman responded, "He looks black". No racial slurs. No nothing. Zimmerman did not continue to mention the boy's race, instead describing his clothes and age. Zimmerman sounded like an overly concerned and paranoid man-not a racist. He believed he was honestly attempting to catch a neighborhood invader. Zimmerman's voice is also high- making me wonder whether the screaming in another recording is Martin, as stated by many on this thread, seeing as how eyewitnesses have reported Zimmerman to be the one screaming for help. On the phone, Zimmerman was anything but furious and bloodthirsty. He was exasperated and nervous, a man aggravated that a boy he thought to be a robber was escaping. I encourage you to listen to his call.
Zimmerman is half hispanic. It isn't some far branch of the family tree. I am not supporting Zimmerman because he is Hispanic. I am not supporting him because the boy is black. I am supporting him because I don't believe he intended to kill the boy. Zimmerman deserves punishment. He should not have had the gun, which was illegal. But regardless of whether he was a neighborhood watch or not, he chose to follow the boy- a bad decision. We don't put people in jail for bad decisions (everyone would be in jail). It doesn't matter that the 911 operator told him not to. We put people in jail if they attack someone else without good reason, and Zimmerman's shot was not random and without reason.
I am not a racist. Not once have I made accusations about either Zimmerman or Martin that were not somewhat factual. I have not depended on the color of my skin or anyone else's in this argument, although you seem to be fixated on the colors of their skin. I am sorry that Martin died. Looking at the facts in this case and listening to the recordings have been difficult while knowing that someone's life was taken away. He was still a teenager and he had a lot of life ahead of him. But we cannot attack Zimmerman if the laws of Florida support Zimmerman. We must trust in "Innocent until proven guilty"- and there is simply not enough proof.
No, not simple self-defense. Not only is this case going to hinge on Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law, no witness can confirm that Mr. Martin initiated an assault, or that the injuries found on Mr. Zimmerman were caused by Mr. Martin.

I would say you are a little bias, assuming your claim about your connection is accurate.
Lokshen
kiaronna
Martin attacked first, regardless of how "creepy" Zimmerman might have appeared. Zimmerman initially claimed this, and there were eyewitnesses. Martin was the first to resort to violence. There is a law in Florida that specifically states that if someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense, and that includes shooting someone. Zimmerman apparently knew the law- and as a man on duty in neighborhood watch, who in their right mind would let a person that just attacked them continue to walk through their populated neighborhood?
Martin himself certainly wasn't an angel. He had recently been suspended from school, and according to a family spokesperson, this was for possessing marijuana. He had practically a row of golden teeth. His Facebook page had indications of other violent acts he may have committed.
Zimmerman, on the other hand, was a volunteering neighborhood watch captain. Further, Zimmerman-despite some of the media's initial claims of white-on-black racism- isn't white. If white people support him, they aren't being racist. They are not siding with their own race or claiming it to be superior. They are siding with a man who was attacked by another man who was taller and likely more fit, a man that was walking through a neighborhood that was not his own, a man with a questionable history. In my own opinion, standing back from the situation, Zimmerman should have just walked away. He should have let the police take care of it. However, Zimmerman was understandably not feeling particularly tranquil. He had just had his head bashed in and the perpetrator was about to run free through the neighborhood Zimmerman was attempting to protect. In my eyes, and in the laws of Florida, the case doesn't go in Martin's favor- but Zimmerman still did something wrong.

I don't even understand the attempt to go onto peoples specific ethnic groups. I think a lot of this "newer info," smells fishy as it seems slightly contrived.... Why did none of these new facts come out about Mr. Martin until just now?

Mr. Zimmerman followed a minor around a neighborhood. Mr. Zimmerman called the police and they told him to stay back while they handled it. He disobeyed this direct order and pursued Mr. Martin.

At that point Zimmerman is a pursuer, an attacker. After all, all Martin knew was a strange man, without a badge, or any sign of officialism chasing after him, possible with his firearm viable.

Even if Martin at some point struck Zimmerman, who was standing their ground? The unarmed teen being pursued by some stranger without any official business to chase him? Or the man with the gun chasing down some teen who by all accounts had broken no law nor gave any probable cause to break any law.

This event happened a month ago, so why are we hearing about it now? Seems fishy to me. Please. It doesn't matter that this particular information is newer. It's newer because after everyone portrayed Martin as being an innocent boy and people finally looked into it.
I doubt his firearm was viable, seeing as how said unarmed teen managed to pin Zimmerman to the ground and give him wounds before any shots were fired.
A pursuer is not the same as an attacker. Zimmerman, with his gun, could have attacked at any time. He could have attacked when he first saw Martin and Zimmerman was in his car. But he didn't. No, the shot only happened after he was attacked. THAT is what makes it self defense.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
My Dog Mr. Kitty
I live in a neighboring town from Sanford Florida, and I happen to know the police officer who was one of the ones to take him in, so I may be slightly biased

Zimmerman was found with wounds, according to a witness inflicted from Martin being on top of him attacking him. This is a simple self defense case

Thoughts?

I hope like hell Martin got a few punches in there.

But see, where your argument falls flat:

Zimmerman was specifically told not to pursue Martin. He did so, anyway. "Stand Your Ground" is rendered void, when you directly disobey police orders to avoid the suspect.

Also, he has been heard in the 911 call, saying "These guys always get ******** coons".

Therefore, even if he took a few hits, he still allegedly started the fight, AFTER doing exactly what he was told not to do.

He initiated a confrontation with someone he was specifically told by authorities to avoid. Yeah. He still has no ******** case, and I look forward to him facing the needle.

Aged Lunatic

kiaronna

I do not mention Martin's golden teeth or bad rap sheet to show that Zimmerman was justified in stalking him or shooting him. Zimmerman couldn't have known. I mention it to show that Martin was likely a troubled and violent individual, an individual who would attack a man. Drug use doesn't indicate violence, but Facebook posts by your cousin about how you "swung" at another person do.

Because everything people post on the internet is true and factual, and noone talks s**t.

Again, by your logic, shooting every /b/tard would be a self defense case.

Quote:
The angel with no problems was walking through Zimmerman's neighborhood at night for no reason

Hello, he had relatives there....

Quote:
But we cannot attack Zimmerman if the laws of Florida support Zimmerman. We must trust in "Innocent until proven guilty"- and there is simply not enough proof.

HORSESHIT

I want Zimmerman to go through the same thing and the same scrutiny I went through when I pulled my gun on an attacker. That's all. And unlike HIM, I never killed anyone.

You get that yet?!

I got put through the wringer legally far more than Zimmerman did, and I didn't fire a shot.

You want to tell me the sense in that?!

Aged Lunatic

kiaronna
Lokshen
kiaronna
Martin attacked first, regardless of how "creepy" Zimmerman might have appeared. Zimmerman initially claimed this, and there were eyewitnesses. Martin was the first to resort to violence. There is a law in Florida that specifically states that if someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense, and that includes shooting someone. Zimmerman apparently knew the law- and as a man on duty in neighborhood watch, who in their right mind would let a person that just attacked them continue to walk through their populated neighborhood?
Martin himself certainly wasn't an angel. He had recently been suspended from school, and according to a family spokesperson, this was for possessing marijuana. He had practically a row of golden teeth. His Facebook page had indications of other violent acts he may have committed.
Zimmerman, on the other hand, was a volunteering neighborhood watch captain. Further, Zimmerman-despite some of the media's initial claims of white-on-black racism- isn't white. If white people support him, they aren't being racist. They are not siding with their own race or claiming it to be superior. They are siding with a man who was attacked by another man who was taller and likely more fit, a man that was walking through a neighborhood that was not his own, a man with a questionable history. In my own opinion, standing back from the situation, Zimmerman should have just walked away. He should have let the police take care of it. However, Zimmerman was understandably not feeling particularly tranquil. He had just had his head bashed in and the perpetrator was about to run free through the neighborhood Zimmerman was attempting to protect. In my eyes, and in the laws of Florida, the case doesn't go in Martin's favor- but Zimmerman still did something wrong.

I don't even understand the attempt to go onto peoples specific ethnic groups. I think a lot of this "newer info," smells fishy as it seems slightly contrived.... Why did none of these new facts come out about Mr. Martin until just now?

Mr. Zimmerman followed a minor around a neighborhood. Mr. Zimmerman called the police and they told him to stay back while they handled it. He disobeyed this direct order and pursued Mr. Martin.

At that point Zimmerman is a pursuer, an attacker. After all, all Martin knew was a strange man, without a badge, or any sign of officialism chasing after him, possible with his firearm viable.

Even if Martin at some point struck Zimmerman, who was standing their ground? The unarmed teen being pursued by some stranger without any official business to chase him? Or the man with the gun chasing down some teen who by all accounts had broken no law nor gave any probable cause to break any law.

This event happened a month ago, so why are we hearing about it now? Seems fishy to me. Please. It doesn't matter that this particular information is newer. It's newer because after everyone portrayed Martin as being an innocent boy and people finally looked into it.
I doubt his firearm was viable, seeing as how said unarmed teen managed to pin Zimmerman to the ground and give him wounds before any shots were fired.
A pursuer is not the same as an attacker. Zimmerman, with his gun, could have attacked at any time. He could have attacked when he first saw Martin and Zimmerman was in his car. But he didn't. No, the shot only happened after he was attacked. THAT is what makes it self defense.

So it's impossible that Martin felt threatened?

IF anyone can plead self defense under the law, it's HIM. Not Zimmerman.

Zim initiated this confrontation. He sought trouble. He found it. He employed lethal force and was vague on his reasons for doing so.

None of this adds up.

If I had done the same s**t that Zimmerman did, I wouldn't be talking to you; the state of Virginia would have me in prison greys doing time for Murder 2.

I help teach gun owners when and how lethal force is permitted. This case is giving me a whole new case study to draw from.

As for Martin's lack of innocence, just got one thing to ask; does he have a history of violence? If so, what's his actual rap sheet? All you mentioned was one bust for possession. That's not exactly indicative of a violent career criminal, missy.
kiaronna
Lokshen
kiaronna

Well first Zimmerman gets knocked in the back of the head, next they claim he was knocked on his back and or got a broken nose (Which he didn't go to the doctor for until the next day and medical records are not turning up to confirm this)

Also his firearm was in a side holster, hard to conceal exactly, even if concealed an unidentified stranger pursuing you, without any official ID, no badge no nothing is a threatening action.

Zimmerman had no legal authority to pursue Martin, Zimmerman broke the law and still walks free? Why?

Also Martin being "innocent," is irrelevant. Maybe he is a little hoodlum, maybe he isn't. Martin was breaking no law, he was simply walking in a neighborhood.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
George Zimmerman should be executed. End of story.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
I live in a neighboring town from Sanford Florida, and I happen to know the police officer who was one of the ones to take him in, so I may be slightly biased

Zimmerman was found with wounds, according to a witness inflicted from Martin being on top of him attacking him. This is a simple self defense case

Thoughts?

AOL.com had a lot of new information about the case:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/26/trayvon-martin-case-georg_n_1381322.html?1332811474&icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D146779
tererun the horrifying
Mowata
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Lokshen
My Dog Mr. Kitty
I doubt Martin knew he had a gun, considering he called his girlfriend rather than the police, and he at one point attacked him before any shots were fired. That doesn't sound like someone who's scared of being shot

Well you can be shot, or you can try and fight and escape....?

Fight or flight son.
Let's see
Martin had him on the ground, having smashed his face into the cement at least once hard enough to break his nose, and then he was later shot, not in the back

But regardless of why Martin attacked, he still attacked. And because of that Zimmerman had a right to defend himself

Not quite, Zimmerman pursued Martin with no real basis. If anyone in the situation had any real threat, it would be Martin seeing as Zimmerman acted as the aggressor by chasing him. And I say chasing because in the call you can hear Zimmerman out of breath, which prompted the dispatcher to ask "Are you following him?" and later inform him that "We don't need you to do that"

Martin stood his ground. The law protects him, not Zimmerman. Hell, he was instructed to leave the kid alone.

Along the lines of the instructions, they are something you have to comply with like a police officer's orders. You should probably listen to what a dispatcher tells you to do because generally they are probably calmer and may have more knowledge about what you are doing than you do in a general sense. the fact the dispatcher told him not to confront the kid and he still did does show a degree of fearlessness that could undermine his defense. .

Dispatchers are trained for these types of situations so that whatever they say does not conflict with the responders being called to the scene. Had Zimmerman been speaking directly with a cop, he would have been told the same thing. He was just stupid and so caught up in his racial profiling that he felt he had some sort of civic duty to follow a kid armed with skittles and iced tea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff