Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome to the Gaia Spirit Week 2011 Hangout Thread

This thread is here to give all those who joined in 2011 a place to hangout during the Gaian Sprit Week.

Don't know what Gaia Spirit Week (GSW) is?

Well don't fret, I'm here to explain that to you now. Gaia Sprit Week is a completely user-run event to celebrate just how great Gaia is. GSW works just like any other spirit week you might have had in high school or college: everyone dresses up for the day according to a different theme for each day. We pick a bunch of different themes and everyone dresses up their avatar for it to show their appreciation for Gaia, and all the people who work to make it great.
It's a really fun event, and we have a bunch of great contests and stuff going on, so there's something for everyone. And hey, if you stop long enough to have a chat with someone in the forums you'll definitely make some great friends.

If this catches your interest, then head on over to the official thread for GSW 2012 and stick around and chat. There is always something going on in there.

If you found your way into this thread and like the idea but didn't join in 2011, don't worry there is a thread for each year. Just follow this link and it will take you to a list of the years with a link to their threads.
User Image

o1. Welcome
                    o2. ToC
                    o3. Announcements
                    o4. Rules
                    o5. Moderators
                    o6. Spirit Days
                    o7. 2011 Users
                    o8. Contest/Games
                    o9. FAQ
                    1o. Art Gallery
                    11. Links In
                    12. Links Out
                    13. Reserved
                    14. Reserved
User Image

o8.o8.12 :: After Spirit Week, cleaned up thread.
o7.16.12 :: Just Be Yourself Day and Contest Start!
o7.16.12. :: Games still going!.
o7.15.12 :: British Invasion Day and Contest.
o7.15.12 :: New Game Up! Play for a chance at 10k.
o7.12.12 :: Finished setting up and open for posting.
o7.12.12 :: Thread created and being set up.
User Image

o1. Follow the Gaia ToS.
xxxxxx - This is obvious as you should already be doing it since you are on Gaia. One rule down!
o2. Don't stretch the page.
xxxxxx - This includes quoting anything on the front page, large images, and quote trees. These can easily be solved by using different methods. Please keep
xxxxxxthis in mind when replying.
o3. No spam or begging.
xxxxxx - If there is no one around and you want to bump up the page, please make sure it isn't on the front of the Chatterbox before you bump it. Otherwise, it
xxxxxxshould always be talking. It is a hangout after all. And do not beg for things. Everyone wants something but if we all went around asking for it there
xxxxxxwould be no real conversation.
o4. Contain your drama.
xxxxxx - I know that conflict happens and sometimes we try our best to prevent it but it happens anyway. That's fine. It will be handled like mature adults. I do
xxxxxxnot want conflict to clog up the thread. If there is a problem, first and foremost deal with it outside of this thread, like blocking someone. If that doesn't
xxxxxxwork, pm Spirit Monster 11, we will see what can be done.
o5. Do try to have fun.
xxxxxx - It isn't a rule, but we all just want to enjoy ourselves. If there is something about the thread you do not like or think can be improved upon, send the
xxxxxxmule a PM. We love to have our participants input.
User Image

So if anyone is curious as to who runs this thread and keeps it up to date, well now you can find out. Below will be the people who control the on-goings of the 2011 Hangout. If you look below the avatars, you can read about them, if you honestly don't really care, then go ahead and skip this post. You will probably find out about them in the thread anyway.

User Image
laykein

Hey, I'm laykein but most people just refer to me as lay. I am so use to going by this that anytime I see the word lay typed out, as in I'm laying on the ground or go lay over there, I usually think they are talking about me and get confused. I'm a really chill person and have been on Gaia since 07'. So I might not be an 11' user but I'd much prefer to hang out with this group of people anyway. Just saying. You usually know it's me because I post in size 9 small black font.
User Image

July _ - July _, 2013

All days will begin and end according to Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)!
            Celebrate according to whatever time you wish, but most of us mods are eastern, so this is easiest for us.

Sunday the _
xxxxDay Name Here
Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description

Monday the _
xxxxDay Name Here
Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description Description

Tuesday the _
xxxxDay Name Here

Wednesday the _
xxxxDay Name Here

Thursday the _
xxxxDay Name Here

Friday the _
xxxxDay Name Here

Saturday the 21st
xxxxClass Color Day
Everyone's favorite day, back again (like every year), it's Class Color Day! Each year (2003, 2004, etc.) has been assigned a specific color. On this day, your dress your avatar up according to the color of the year you first joined Gaia. For example, if you joined in April of 2006, and the list says 2006's color is green, put green clothes on your avatar. Get it? Got it? Good. The colors this year will be the same as last, for those of you who participated before, with the addition of black for the 2011 and brown for the newbies. Have at it!

You may be wondering, how do I know what year I joined? The siglab will tell you the exact date you joined Gaia. What if you had an account before this, but it got hacked or banned or some such? No problem. Just dress up in the year you joined Gaia, not the year your account was created.
                      o3 - Red
                      o4 - Orange
                      o5 - Yellow
                      o6 - Green
                      o7 - Blue
                      o8 - Purple
                      o9 - Pink
                      1o - White
                      11 - Black
                      12 - Brown
User Image

Each user is important so why not show off your pride by being add to our 2011 user list?
Not only do you show off your pride, but there are also some perks involved.

:: Each person on the list will be pm'd next year when the GSW starts up again. This way you don't really have to keep up with when it starts you will get a nice friendly reminder.
                :: Each person on the list will be informed about town or Zomg events that are planned.
                :: Each person added to this list will receive a nice small doodle head shot from laykein.

Some other perks might appear as the event goes on, so why not be added?

Spirit Monster 2011 Users:
-
User Image

Any contests and/or will be added here, so remember to check out this post often. There will be several prizes that pop up from Items to gold to art. Hopefully there will be something that piques everyone's interest.

Roll that dice!
To win this game, you must roll the number listed below. And guess what the prize is? That’s right it’s gold! How much you ask? Well it might not be the most but you can add 10k to your pockets just by rolling some dice, but wait! There are some rules
          :: You may not spam just to roll, it must be conversation unless no one at all is around.
          :: Roll one 100-sided dice. If the number is 11, you win. If not, try again.
          :: If your number matches, quote the mule and send a trade with the title as the page number you won on.
          :: There can be more than one winner.

There can be several winners for this game. Each person may only win once. Remember, you are trying to roll the number 11! Now have fun and win some gold!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Best Dressed 11' - "_"!
This game is only for members who joined in 2011.
Do you think you have the best avi? Well then put it to the test! Take a screenshot or tektek or your avi and pm it to Spirit Monster 11' and it will be added to the front page. At the end of the day, a poll will be set up and it will be up to the members to help decide who wins, however, laykein will have the last vote and that could change the tide! The winner will receive 20k!
          :: Take a screenshot or make a tektek of your Avi, it has to be what you are actually wearing.
          :: Pm the image to the mule, Spirit Monster 11, and it will be added to the front.
          :: Wait till the next day and vote for your favorite avi.
          :: Only one person can win and you have joined in the year 2011.

A new contest will be held each day! So remember to always try.
Entrants
-None so far-
User Image

Here are some questions that pop up regularly, hopefully yours will be here. If not, don't fret.

Q :: Why don't the Class Colors match the sashes Gaia gave out?
A :: For a couple of reasons. When we first stared doing GSW, Gaia hadn't released the sashes yet, and when they did release them, most people didn't want us to change the colors - they liked the tradition behind the colors, and they liked being able to make a rainbow. We decided that for now, we won't change the colors. Besides, not everyone has one of the sashes, or the right sash. If you want to wear your sash anyway, go for it! You won't be alone, lots of other people like to wear their sashes as well as the colors we assign, and that's totally fine. Show your spirit the way you want to!

Q :: Do I have to be a 2011 user to post here?

A :: No, you could have joined during any year to post and chat in here. You can even particpat in the events as long as they are not year 11' specified. However, the only thing you cannot do is join the Spirit Monster 2011 Users list.

Q :: Can I enter more than one contest?
A :: Of course! You can enter as much as you want. There is no need to hide in the back and be afraid. This is all for fun and I want everyone to enjoy themselves.

Q :: My question isn't here, now what?
A :: Ask it! We love to be able to answer questions that anyone has so please don't be afraid to ask them. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. You can either post your questions in the thread or PM Spirit Monster 11. Either way is fine.
User Image

Warning, this post is image heavy, click the spoiler tag at your own risk.

Since this is a Spirit Week event I'm sure we will end up with some group images, screenshots, or art. To view all the images, just click on the spoiler tag under each category.

British Invasion Day

Just Be Yourself Day

Myths and Legends Day

Risky Business Day

End of Days

I AM Day

Class Color Day
User Image

If you want to show off your GSW pride then below are some banners to stick into your signature. There are some overall GSW and possibly some 2011 specific ones.
If you want to create your own and make it available to others just pm the link to Spirit Monster 11.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/cd8b5tj][img]http://i46.tinypic.com/2a8q629.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cd8b5tj][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/25tu8ig.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cd8b5tj][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/muy813.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cd8b5tj][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/2z7jxpk.jpg[/img][/url]
User Image

Here are the links out of this thread. Check them out!
If you would like to be an affiliate, just pm your banner to Spirit Monster 11

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2dd8uxw][img]http://tinyurl.com/7j4uytx[/img][/url]

The after party to the Gaian Spirit Week. Head on over here after the event is over for some after party fun!
User Image

Maybe something will make this post home in the future.
User Image

Maybe something will make this post home in the future.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff