Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Borg

For me, the first one that pops into my head is the one I'm watching now

"Roxanne" from 1987 staring Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah.

Eloquent Streaker

Avatar and The Watchmen are the most recent examples. The former is popular solely for the admittedly beautiful visuals, and the latter was just boring as hell whenever Rorschach wasn't on -screen.

Hallowed Cat

Romantic comedies, god I hate that genre of films.
Inception, Titanic, and Paranormal Activity. They all bore the hell out of me.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I hated Avatar. Probably because I didn't see it in 3D, but it was so ******** boring and long and preachy and generic oh my god.
Also, I just recently saw Videodrome and I don't get what's so good about it. It seemed really generic to me, too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anxious Humorist

13,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Um... The Dark Knight. Everything outside the Joker was pretty... meh.

Requiem in Mortis
Avatar and The Watchmen are the most recent examples. The former is popular solely for the admittedly beautiful visuals, and the latter was just boring as hell whenever Rorschach wasn't on -screen.

It's just called "Watchmen." xp

Lonely Capitalist

10,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
This generally happens more with music than films and tv shows but most HBO and Showtime shows.
I have a list of those:

Watchmen
The darker knight series
War horse
Hugo
Paranormal activity series
Inception
Captain America
etc.
watchmen
twilight(not mediocre, I just hate it)
Harold and Kumar
dogma
paranormal activity
the dark knight
romantic comedies(because they never really are "comedies" just romance)
any movie with marijuana as a theme
any of Tyler Perry's movies

Dapper Spotter

I really don't care for those American Pie movies.
Titanic. On top of being predictable as ******** from the very beginning, it doesn't sit well with me that James Cameron felt the need to invent people who didn't exist in order to make us care about a historic tragedy. Why not just tell the stories of the people who were actually there?
The Dark Knight
How To Train Your Dragon
Ghostbusters
Star Wars (all of them)
Scarface
The Godfather
Any movie with marijuana as a theme (Stole this one from Sgt. Frosty, but I feel the same way)

I'm sure there's more.
Donnie Darko and Lost Boys, I still have yet to meet somebody else who thinks they're horribly overrated.
As well as any of the live action Batman movies (yes this inclues Christopher Nolan's work). Mask of the Phantasm, SubZero, and Return of the Joker are still the only legitimate Batman movies in my book.

Wheezing Smoker

10,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Definitely Avatar. My stepdad was all excited for the movie and I kept telling him was awful, predictable, scientifically inaccurate and most of all, a rehash of several other movie plots. But he kept saying he was excited to see it and I was stupid. But then... He saw it and absolutely hated it. He said it was almost as ridiculous as Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.

As for me, I think Spirited Away and the new Marvel movies are just... Not as interesting as people make them out to be. I mean, each Iron Man movie had awful villains and Thor just straight up sucked. Up, Toy Story 3 and X-Men: First Class were just all totally overrated.

And Prometheus looks like it'll be joining the club.

Tipsy Browser

I find the Men in Black movies unbearable. And I didn't like The Hangover at all...
Also any movie adaptations of Nicholas Spark's books. Bleh!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games