Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

Christ the Holy Son
With a strong Alpha Husband, you won't need it.

Piss on that. Besides being someone's beta, which already chaffes my butt, why would I then do it for someone I have no desire to ********?

Quote:
The Media glamorization of women in the workforce is a farce.

But working is still worth it to me, baby.

Quote:
Or... get married young and win big.

And become completely dependant on someone I have no sexual attraction to? ******** that noise.

Quote:
Marriage is pretty much the backbone of any strong and stable society. Mistresses weren't just sex dolls, they served other purposes.

WOW, way to hold up marriage as sacred and also a practice that spits in the face of marital fidelity in the same esteem! Your philosophical jiujitsu is strong, grasshopper.

Quote:
I really don't see how you can be thankful for such nonsense

I'll tell you how I am. Thanks to it, I'm not dependant on someone else for my own well being or, to an extent, my pleasures. I got my money, my booze, and my kicks, and I did it My Way.

Quote:
, instead of having life handed to you, you have to essentially learn how to be a man.

That's one of the nicest compliments I've been given. Thank you.

Quote:
I don't see how.

Just told you how.

Friendly Lunatic

Christ the Holy Son
e-Claire rc1
Christ the Holy Son
It makes us feel good being inside of the inner circle of "Special People"

Ugh. It pains me to admit I'm already kind of doing this subconsciously.

One issue I find is that people whose self-esteem is too low won't be swayed by it, because they won't think they're worthy of hanging out with someone like me. Those people are increasing lately. And further, what about spite and bitterness? Sometimes to get what you want you have to be accommodating.

A person who holds back can stimulate a particularly deep hatred. Valerie Solanas was a young woman who fell under Andy Warhol's spell. She had written a play that amused him, and she was given the impression he might turn it into a film. She imagined becoming a celebrity. She also got involved in the feminist movement, and when, in June 1968, it dawned on her that Warhol was toying with her, she directed her growing rage at men on him and shot him three times, nearly killing him. People who hold back may stimulate feelings that are not so much erotic as intellectual, less passion and more fascination. The hatred they can stir up is all the more insidious and dangerous, for it may not be counterbalanced by a deep love. They must realize the limits of the game, and the disturbing effects they can have on less stable people.

Ooo, can you find one that talks about abortion?

Aged Lunatic

Christ the Holy Son
e-Claire rc1
Christ the Holy Son
Seduction was and will always remain the female form of power

So I have to whore myself to even be remotely comparable to a man?

biggrin

Nope, as a woman you've got MANY more options. The two emotions that almost every male felt in the presence of Lou Andreas-Salomé were confusion and excitement—the two prerequisite feelings for any successful seduction. People were intoxicated by her strange mix of the masculine and the feminine; she was beautiful, with a radiant smile and a graceful, flirtatious manner, but her independence and her intensely analytical nature made her seem oddly male. This ambiguity was expressed in her eyes, which were both coquettish and probing. It was confusion that kept men interested and curious: no other woman was like this.They wanted to know more. The excitement stemmed from her ability to stir up repressed desires. She was a complete nonconformist, and to be involved with her was to break all kinds of taboos. Her masculinity made the relationship seem vaguely homosexual; her slightly cruel, slightly domineering streak could stir up masochistic yearnings, as it did in Nietzsche. Salomé radiated a forbidden sexuality. Her powerful effect on men—the lifelong infatuations, the suicides (there were several), the periods of intense creativity, the descriptions of her as a vampire or a devil—attest to the obscure depths of the psyche that she was able to reach and disturb. The woman who succeeds by reversing the normal pattern of male taking the risky initiative in matters of love and seduction will have untold powers. A man's apparent independence, his capacity for detachment, often seems to give him the upperhand in the dynamic between men and women. A purely feminine woman will arouse desire, but is always vulnerable to the man's capricious loss of interest; a purely masculine woman, on the other hand, will not arouse that interest at all. Follow the path of the woman who reverses the traditional dynamic, however, and you neutralize all a man's powers. Never give completely of yourself; while you are passionate and sexual, always retain an air of independence and self-possession. You might move on to the next man, or so he will think. You have other, more important matters to concern yourself with, such as your work. Men do not know how to fight women who use their own weapons against them; they are intrigued, aroused, and disarmed. Few men can resist the taboo pleasures offered up to them by such a woman.

Or, I can forget all that s**t, and take what I want the same way the men not only do, but are honored for.

All that talk of seduction, yet such tactics are why women are chided as decietful, weak, and evil. That woman you talked about was portrayed as EVIL. She was not celebrated, she was reviled and scorned.

Buggy Glitch

GunsmithKitten
Christ the Holy Son
e-Claire rc1
Christ the Holy Son
Seduction was and will always remain the female form of power

So I have to whore myself to even be remotely comparable to a man?

biggrin

Nope, as a woman you've got MANY more options. The two emotions that almost every male felt in the presence of Lou Andreas-Salomé were confusion and excitement—the two prerequisite feelings for any successful seduction. People were intoxicated by her strange mix of the masculine and the feminine; she was beautiful, with a radiant smile and a graceful, flirtatious manner, but her independence and her intensely analytical nature made her seem oddly male. This ambiguity was expressed in her eyes, which were both coquettish and probing. It was confusion that kept men interested and curious: no other woman was like this.They wanted to know more. The excitement stemmed from her ability to stir up repressed desires. She was a complete nonconformist, and to be involved with her was to break all kinds of taboos. Her masculinity made the relationship seem vaguely homosexual; her slightly cruel, slightly domineering streak could stir up masochistic yearnings, as it did in Nietzsche. Salomé radiated a forbidden sexuality. Her powerful effect on men—the lifelong infatuations, the suicides (there were several), the periods of intense creativity, the descriptions of her as a vampire or a devil—attest to the obscure depths of the psyche that she was able to reach and disturb. The woman who succeeds by reversing the normal pattern of male taking the risky initiative in matters of love and seduction will have untold powers. A man's apparent independence, his capacity for detachment, often seems to give him the upperhand in the dynamic between men and women. A purely feminine woman will arouse desire, but is always vulnerable to the man's capricious loss of interest; a purely masculine woman, on the other hand, will not arouse that interest at all. Follow the path of the woman who reverses the traditional dynamic, however, and you neutralize all a man's powers. Never give completely of yourself; while you are passionate and sexual, always retain an air of independence and self-possession. You might move on to the next man, or so he will think. You have other, more important matters to concern yourself with, such as your work. Men do not know how to fight women who use their own weapons against them; they are intrigued, aroused, and disarmed. Few men can resist the taboo pleasures offered up to them by such a woman.

Or, I can forget all that s**t, and take what I want the same way the men not only do, but are honored for.

All that talk of seduction, yet such tactics are why women are chided as decietful, weak, and evil. That woman you talked about was portrayed as EVIL. She was not celebrated, she was reviled and scorned.

The Radical's strength, but also the Radical's problem, is that he or she often works through transgressive feelings relating to sex roles. Although this activity is highly charged and seductive, it is also dangerous,since it touches on a source of great anxiety and insecurity. The greater dangers will often come from your own sex. Lord Byron had immense appeal for women, but men hated him. He was constantly dogged with accusations of being perversely unmasculine. Salomé was equally disliked by women; Nietzsche's sister, and perhaps his closest friend, considered her an evil witch, and led a virulent campaign against her in the press long after the philosopher's death(Which increased her fame and made her desirable). There is little to be done in the face of resentment like this. Some Radicals try to fight the image they themselves have created to please people, but this is unwise: to prove his masculinity, Lord Byron would engage in a boxing and fencing, anything to prove his masculinity. He wound up looking only desperate. Better to accept society's occasional gibes with grace and insolence. After all, the Radical's charm isthat they don't really care what people think of them. That is how Andy Warhol played the game: when people tired of his antics or some scandal erupted, instead of trying to defend himself he would simply move on to some new image—decadent bohemian, high-society portraitist, etc.—as if to say, with a hint of disdain, that the problem lay not with him but with other people's attention span.Another danger for the Radical is the fact that insolence has its limits. Beau Brummel prided himself on two things: his trimness of figure and his acerbic wit. His main social patron was the Prince of Wales, who, in later years, grew plump. One night at dinner, the prince rang for the butler, and Brummel snidely remarked, "Do ring, Big Ben." The prince did not appreciate the joke, had Brummel shown out, and never spoke to him again.Without royal patronage, Brummel fell into poverty and madness.Even a Radical, then, must measure out his impudence. A true Radical knows the difference between a theatrically staged teasing of the powerful and a remark that will truly hurt, offend, or insult. It is particularly important to avoid insulting those in a position to injure you. In fact the pose may work best for those who can afford to offend—artists, bohemians, etc. In the work world, you will probably have to modify and tone down your Radical image. Be pleasantly different, an amusement, rather than a person who challenges the group's conventions and makes others feel insecure.
e-Claire rc1
Christ the Holy Son
e-Claire rc1
Christ the Holy Son
It makes us feel good being inside of the inner circle of "Special People"

Ugh. It pains me to admit I'm already kind of doing this subconsciously.

One issue I find is that people whose self-esteem is too low won't be swayed by it, because they won't think they're worthy of hanging out with someone like me. Those people are increasing lately. And further, what about spite and bitterness? Sometimes to get what you want you have to be accommodating.

A person who holds back can stimulate a particularly deep hatred. Valerie Solanas was a young woman who fell under Andy Warhol's spell. She had written a play that amused him, and she was given the impression he might turn it into a film. She imagined becoming a celebrity. She also got involved in the feminist movement, and when, in June 1968, it dawned on her that Warhol was toying with her, she directed her growing rage at men on him and shot him three times, nearly killing him. People who hold back may stimulate feelings that are not so much erotic as intellectual, less passion and more fascination. The hatred they can stir up is all the more insidious and dangerous, for it may not be counterbalanced by a deep love. They must realize the limits of the game, and the disturbing effects they can have on less stable people.

Ooo, can you find one that talks about abortion?

Abortion?

What about abortion?

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
Jesus you changed from the last time i talked to you. one should not base opinions on versions of strawmen, or rather, strawwomen. also cool title change

also
"Therefore, the role of a Feminist will be less significant and looked at more as a relic of the past. I honestly think that most women who consider themselves Feminists just want a cause to fight for because well...

There's nothing else to fight for because Society has become far too safe and even in comfort, we crave danger or a great crusade to validate our egoic fantasies of being different. "

society is far from being safe, any women who's walked alone to her car at night, or through a crowded subway, or been advised to always carry mace even here in the great developed world, let alone other places, can attest to that
Christ the Holy Son
You can't be an individual anymore because this society has no norms.

As our Society becomes more secure....and less traditional, there will be no power to be gained by deviating from tradition.

Therefore, the role of a Feminist will be less significant and looked at more as a relic of the past. I honestly think that most women who consider themselves Feminists just want a cause to fight for because well...

There's nothing else to fight for because Society has become far too safe and even in comfort, we crave danger or a great crusade to validate our egoic fantasies of being different.

The oncoming social lockdown is not grounds for going normal. Well, it is, but in a different way.
Soluna Starwards
Jesus you changed from the last time i talked to you. one should not base opinions on versions of strawmen, or rather, strawwomen. also cool title change

also
"Therefore, the role of a Feminist will be less significant and looked at more as a relic of the past. I honestly think that most women who consider themselves Feminists just want a cause to fight for because well...

There's nothing else to fight for because Society has become far too safe and even in comfort, we crave danger or a great crusade to validate our egoic fantasies of being different. "

society is far from being safe, any women who's walked alone to her car at night, or through a crowded subway, or been advised to always carry mace even here in the great developed world, let alone other places, can attest to that

Yeah, it's pretty sexist that.

I mean...Isn't it a bit Narcissistic to think that there is a man out there who wants to rape "you"

YOU.

I mean...don't rapists tend to look for specific traits in victims?
Society has not yet reached that secure point and nontraditional state. There are still many causes for people to support.
madstobias
Society has not yet reached that secure point and nontraditional state. There are still many causes for people to support.

I agree yet the causes people tend to join aren't like...Things which grab your heart and affect most directly.

They tend to be special interest causes which only cater to a specific group and those sorts of causes often take a LONG time to gain national attention . People are divided by all kinds of consciously recognized categories—race, gender, class, religion, politics. It is impossible, then, to gain power on a grand scale, or to win an election, by drawing on conscious awareness; an appeal to any one group will only alienate another. Unconsciously, however, there is much we share. All of us are mortal, all of us know fear, all of us have been stamped with the imprint of parent figures; and nothing conjures up this shared experience more than myth. The patterns of myth,born out of warring feelings of helplessness on the one hand and thirst for immortality on the other, are deeply engraved in us all.

Stars are figures of myth come to life. Their words and actions invite interpretation beyond their surface appearance; Stars don't deal with specific,nitty-gritty issues and details but with matters of life and death, love and hate, authority and chaos. Their opponent, similarly, should be framed not merely as an enemy for reasons of ideology or competition but as a villain, a demon. People are hopelessly susceptible to myth, so Stars make themselves the hero of a great drama. And keep their distance— they let people identify with you without being able to touch them. They can only watch and dream.

The Star is a creation of modern cinema. That is no surprise: film recreates the dream world. We watch a movie in the dark, in a semisomno-lent state. The images are real enough, and to varying degrees depict realistic situations, but they are projections, flickering lights, images—we know they are not real. It as if we were watching someone else's dream. It was the cinema, not the theater, that created the Star. On a theater stage, actors are far away, lost in the crowd, too real in their bodily presence. What enabled film to manufacture the Star was the close-up, which suddenly separates actors from their contexts, filling your mind with their image. The close-up seems to reveal something not so much about the character they are playing but about themselves. We glimpse something of Greta Garbo herself when we look so closely intoher face.

Stars are vague and dreamlike, yet not distant or absent—you don't want people to be unable to focus on or remember you. They have to be seeing you in their minds when you're not there.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
Christ the Holy Son
Soluna Starwards

also

I mean...Isn't it a bit Narcissistic to think that there is a man out there who wants to rape "you"

YOU.

oh dear, taking rape/assault/abuse fear and turning it into an accusation of grandeur. classy indeed. Just FYI that is probably the most overused and tired argument against feminism in the history of history
I'm sure some may look for specific traits, i've not had the chance to interview any. However, there is a distorted image of a "rapist" always being some shady character who carries a business card around that states his/her membership into the rape club or something
Soluna Starwards

also

YOU.

Quote:
oh dear, taking rape/assault/abuse fear and turning it into an accusation of grandeur. classy indeed. Just FYI that is probably the most overused and tired argument against feminism in the history of history
I'm not belitting rape victims those people need all the help they can get. I'm merely pointing out how cocky it is to expect to be a victim of rape while many Americans don't take care of themselves. It's a bit arrogant to expect a person to want to have sex with you by virtue of existing.
Quote:
I'm sure some may look for specific traits, i've not had the chance to interview any. There is a distorted image of a "rapist" being some shady character who carries a business card around that states his/her membership into the rape club or something
I agree, that image needs to be smashed and fast.
deadroosters
Christ the Holy Son
You can't be an individual anymore because this society has no norms.

As our Society becomes more secure....and less traditional, there will be no power to be gained by deviating from tradition.

Therefore, the role of a Feminist will be less significant and looked at more as a relic of the past. I honestly think that most women who consider themselves Feminists just want a cause to fight for because well...

There's nothing else to fight for because Society has become far too safe and even in comfort, we crave danger or a great crusade to validate our egoic fantasies of being different.

The oncoming social lockdown is not grounds for going normal. Well, it is, but in a different way.

With new norms come new standards and less rigid standards are harder to break because they're bendable... D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff