Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saiyan Knight Mk-II
If we go out of our way to slaughter and consume the harmless fishes of the world, we're repulsive monsters. They never do anything but keep to themselves.

Land animals are understandable food sources, though, because if we didn't eat them they would over-populate and muscle their way into a dominant stance over the food chain.

Do you eat fish, ED? If so, why? How do you justify animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits?

Indeed it is murder... tasty tasty murder. I love nothing more than going to the market, picking up some fish (don't care which kind, so long as it fillets easy), wrapping up some cuts in foil with alittle butter and herbs. Pop them on the coals in the barbque, and slowly unwrapping it like I am a kid at Christmas.

I eat fish because, contrary to "Finding Nemo", 'Fish are food, not friends!". I eat them because they are tasty, I am able to do so, and there are no contrary social moors. I don't approve of over farming though, and, for example, don't order alot of Sea Bass because of it.

I ask you how you can assume consuming a fish is a sign of 'animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits'.

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I eat fish because it tastes good and I can. I don't need any other reason. It's not about sadism or anything like that. Obtaining food doesn't have to be a competition and it doesn't need to be justified. Can we eat it? Yes. Is eating it enjoyable? Yes. Okay. So let's go get some. It's really that simple. You're overthinking it.

Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
Fish is delicious.

Greedy Consumer

biobunny1
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
A hook in the mouth or being caught in a net compared to an electric shock that paralyses having a hook shoved through the tendons and the throat is being slit, honestly I think the fish get the better end of the bargain. neutral
Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort
suffocation, no breathing (ok enough music lol) well i know alot of humans cut themselves not alot choke themselves so perhaps choking is worse, and therefore suffocating is worse? blaugh
hook through the tendon would be more painful, this coming from an asthmatic. Imagine if someone was doing both to you, honestly hold your breath right now then go put a hook through your Achilles tendon and hang yourself upside down then tell me which one was more painful ( just woke up sorry if this doesn't make sense)
ive stepped on a needle through my toe before, and ive had my elbow cut open before, needle hurt more lol but took much less to recover from. I didnt htink of the hook though you are right.
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
A hook in the mouth or being caught in a net compared to an electric shock that paralyses having a hook shoved through the tendons and the throat is being slit, honestly I think the fish get the better end of the bargain. neutral
suffocation, no breathing (ok enough music lol) well i know alot of humans cut themselves not alot choke themselves so perhaps choking is worse, and therefore suffocating is worse? blaugh
hook through the tendon would be more painful, this coming from an asthmatic. Imagine if someone was doing both to you, honestly hold your breath right now then go put a hook through your Achilles tendon and hang yourself upside down then tell me which one was more painful ( just woke up sorry if this doesn't make sense)
ive stepped on a needle through my toe before, and ive had my elbow cut open before, needle hurt more lol but took much less to recover from. I didnt htink of the hook though you are right.
yeah suffocating does hurt but tearing the tendon is supposed to be incredibly painful, I used to work at an abattoir so what I said is real although they say that the electric shock is supposed to make the whole process more humane but there would always be cows and mutton running away because they knew what was coming but they are dragged back to the kill floor sad if it wasn't for the money I would have quit the 1st time I saw that

Greedy Consumer

biobunny1
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
yeah suffocating does hurt but tearing the tendon is supposed to be incredibly painful, I used to work at an abattoir so what I said is real although they say that the electric shock is supposed to make the whole process more humane but there would always be cows and mutton running away because they knew what was coming but they are dragged back to the kill floor sad if it wasn't for the money I would have quit the 1st time I saw that
yeah world can be tough
Do you disinfect your house with cleaning agents? Do you step on ants? accidentally or otherwise.
If so then you too are a murderer. Murder isn't objectively wrong, its only wrong to the individual if the individual feels that way, most do not and thus no laws prohibiting the killing of fish are instated.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
You'll have to pry this lobster from my cold, dead hands. stressed

Friendly Fairy

Actually, no, eating fish is not "murder." The word "murder" generally refers to the deliberate killing of another human being. If you want a similar concept for fish, I suppose it would be "pescicide" or something.

Why is my eating of a piece of salmon so different from a bear eating a salmon? Is it because the bear "has to eat it in order to survive"? Well, I have to eat, too, don't I? Would you say that I have many other options for what to eat? Well, so do bears. There's plenty of food in the forest.

I am certainly against animal cruelty, but I am not against eating animals. Pretty much any time any organism eats anything, another organism dies. This is not cruelty, this is life on Earth. It happens, creatures die so that other creatures may continue to live. There's nothing "inhumane" about it.

Find me a peer-reviewed study that says conclusively that fish have the necessary brain structures to have conscious thought and to experience pain and suffering, and I might be tempted to not eat fish anymore. But then again, I might not.

Anyone wanna take a stab at making me feel guilty for eating plants, too? "OMG UR KILLING INNOCENT PLANTS THEY CANT EVEN MOVE WTF"

Worthy Seeker

The world is a cruel place. In order to stay alive, one must consume life.

Did you know trees can talk to each other?

Tipsy Rogue

6,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
I do because God says I can...and they're delicious

Roisterer

Murdering fish is murder. Eating fish is eating fish. Come now. Don't apply outdated ecological niches to make restrictive suggestions about modern eating habits.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff