Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Trader

6,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
If we go out of our way to slaughter and consume the harmless fishes of the world, we're repulsive monsters. They never do anything but keep to themselves.

Land animals are understandable food sources, though, because if we didn't eat them they would over-populate and muscle their way into a dominant stance over the food chain.

Do you eat fish, ED? If so, why? How do you justify animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits?
Because my morality is different to yours.
Fish taste nice.
Eating fish is murder? Luckily I only eat pork and cow rolleyes .

Fanatical Zealot

Wait, land is okay, but water is not; have you ever heard of the aquatic ape theory? emotion_awesome

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Eating fish is legal, and so it is not murder.
A hook in the mouth or being caught in a net compared to an electric shock that paralyses having a hook shoved through the tendons and the throat is being slit, honestly I think the fish get the better end of the bargain. neutral

Devoted Explorer

Saiyan Knight Mk-II
If we go out of our way to slaughter and consume the harmless fishes of the world, we're repulsive monsters. They never do anything but keep to themselves.

Land animals are understandable food sources, though, because if we didn't eat them they would over-populate and muscle their way into a dominant stance over the food chain.

Do you eat fish, ED? If so, why? How do you justify animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits?
If we didn't eat land animals, they'd still be dead, so your argument is moot.

Mega Noob

Fish are more intelligent than most land animals. They're the oldest group of vertebrates and have developed complex cognitive, mnemonic and cultural traits during their time. If they let us hunt them, they probably have a sinister plan about it.

Greedy Consumer

Saiyan Knight Mk-II

fish are healthier, and also can eat other fish or animals in the water, it is true we are over fishing though, and that they can have mercury in them.

Greedy Consumer

biobunny1
A hook in the mouth or being caught in a net compared to an electric shock that paralyses having a hook shoved through the tendons and the throat is being slit, honestly I think the fish get the better end of the bargain. neutral
Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort
suffocation, no breathing (ok enough music lol) well i know alot of humans cut themselves not alot choke themselves so perhaps choking is worse, and therefore suffocating is worse? blaugh

Hallowed Hunter

Saiyan Knight Mk-II

Only because we've bred millions upon millions of them.

If you'r argument applies to fish, it applies to ALL creatures.

Don't get me wrong, I hope that in the future we develop ways to easily gain all the nutrients we need and move away from the consumption of other animals.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Saiyan Knight Mk-II

You're right, its murder, delicious-delicious murder. I love eating all kinds of fish.

Dapper Gaian

Heimdalr
Fish are more intelligent than most land animals. They're the oldest group of vertebrates and have developed complex cognitive, mnemonic and cultural traits during their time. If they let us hunt them, they probably have a sinister plan about it.

Cultural traits?

Liberal Fairy

I know there's absolutely no logic in this, but I feel better eating animals that I know were barely aware enough to understand the events surrounding their death. It's all food in the end, but there's an undeniable difference between chopping a fish/chicken head off in one swift stroke, and letting a baby cow or pig drown in their own blood, or boiling a lobster alive for 2 mins.

We are meant to eat other animals, otherwise they wouldn't be so healthy. We can still choose to respect them and thank them for feeding us by giving them quick deaths, and not eating them every ******** day to the point where we know their whole genome and farm the piss out of the entire species worldwide. The area near my mall constantly smells like steak, there's just no reason to eat it on a weekly basis, ******** steak, eat that fish.

We can also just keep doing what we're doing, I'm sure it doesn't affect much, since the stark reality of all this is that most of these animals' lives are spent wallowing in s**t and corpses, and depressed meat is bad meat either way.

Mega Noob

papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr

Cultural traits?

It's hard to describe. Think of it as the way humans marry or create music. Related customs can be found in fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff