Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

Heimdalr
papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr
Fish are more intelligent than most land animals. They're the oldest group of vertebrates and have developed complex cognitive, mnemonic and cultural traits during their time. If they let us hunt them, they probably have a sinister plan about it.

Cultural traits?

It's hard to describe. Think of it as the way humans marry or create music. Related customs can be found in fish.

Source?

Gaian

What are going to do? Outlaw sushi? I likes me my mercury poison.

Mega Noob

papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr
papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr
Fish are more intelligent than most land animals. They're the oldest group of vertebrates and have developed complex cognitive, mnemonic and cultural traits during their time. If they let us hunt them, they probably have a sinister plan about it.

Cultural traits?

It's hard to describe. Think of it as the way humans marry or create music. Related customs can be found in fish.

Source?

BBC

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Saiyan Knight Mk-II
If we go out of our way to slaughter and consume the harmless fishes of the world, we're repulsive monsters. They never do anything but keep to themselves.

Land animals are understandable food sources, though, because if we didn't eat them they would over-populate and muscle their way into a dominant stance over the food chain.

Do you eat fish, ED?

Yes I do.

Quote:
If so, why? How do you justify animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits?

Because I'm an equal opportunity carnivorous b*****d.
Saiyan Knight Mk-II
If we go out of our way to slaughter and consume the harmless fishes of the world, we're repulsive monsters. They never do anything but keep to themselves.

Land animals are understandable food sources, though, because if we didn't eat them they would over-populate and muscle their way into a dominant stance over the food chain.

Do you eat fish, ED? If so, why? How do you justify animal cruelty and inhumane eating habits?

I don't eat seafood, but not for your reasoning. I find it nonsensical to think that sea creatures apparently cannot over-populate, and that they even keep to themselves. The only barrier many of these sea creatures have is the fact that they suffocate without water, and are pretty damn useless out of the water.
We. Are. Animals. Too.
How is eating fish any different from eating cows or pigs? All animals have the opportunity to overpopulate if given the chance.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't eat fish because I don't like the taste and smell of it. I don't give a crap if the foods I eat are cruel and inhumane.

Dangerous Trader

6,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Heimdalr
papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr

Cultural traits?

Excuse me, sir, I don't think I've ever seen a fish with a wedding ring or a ukelele, so you need to calm down.

Dangerous Dabbler

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
actually, eating fish isn't murder. Catching and killing fish is murder. I'm just destroying the delicious evidence. Those fish, unless you are eating 'bottom feeders', are also eating fish.

And I justify my eating fish because I am not special. I, like you, am part of the food chain, and I am a part of the balanced nutritious diet of another creature, just like you are. If I don't die from something trying to eat me, I will die and be buried and things will munch on my body. Pretending that fish aren't apart of our food chain, is just silly.

Mega Noob

Saiyan Knight Mk-II
Heimdalr
papa was a rolling stone
Heimdalr

Cultural traits?

Excuse me, sir, I don't think I've ever seen a fish with a wedding ring or a ukelele, so you need to calm down.

Related, not identical. I am perfectly calm thank you. See the source I provided for details.
It tastes good.

No, that's not me being an idiot, that's all there is to it. Someone said that it tastes pretty good and since then people just ate fish.
I don't, I just accept them and liberally add a suitable sauce or marinade.

Aged Lunatic

Murder is a legal term. As eating fish is not designated against the law, I am not committing murder.
We Are Organisms
biobunny1
A hook in the mouth or being caught in a net compared to an electric shock that paralyses having a hook shoved through the tendons and the throat is being slit, honestly I think the fish get the better end of the bargain. neutral
Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort
suffocation, no breathing (ok enough music lol) well i know alot of humans cut themselves not alot choke themselves so perhaps choking is worse, and therefore suffocating is worse? blaugh
hook through the tendon would be more painful, this coming from an asthmatic. Imagine if someone was doing both to you, honestly hold your breath right now then go put a hook through your Achilles tendon and hang yourself upside down then tell me which one was more painful ( just woke up sorry if this doesn't make sense)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff