Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shcaabs
deadmanjay
Satin

*Satan

Whoops...you were right, I did spell it wrong. Its supposed to be spelled Satine. Maybe the Satine will forgive me.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Khalid Ibn Walid
I have a Question

Do Athiests Have Morals, and If they do then where do they get them from???

Generally we follow two rules 1. If it increases human flourishing and 2. If it decreases human suffering

Dapper Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yes we have morals, we get them from growing up in a society that doesnt allow all the chaos. i hate when someone says if you dont believe in a god that you dont have morals, when in the olden days christians deffonetly didnt have them, they were too up their own selves...

Invisible Exhibitionist

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
Natural Law.

Liberal Zealot

deadmanjay
Jaaten Syric
deadmanjay
The Catfish Blues
I'm amoral, I'm a ******** sociopath.

I eat babies.

Raw or did you get some of the lemon butter dipped?

Ooh... not good. Babies already have a high fat content. I feel sinful enough just having one plain, I don't think I could live with myself if I started ordering them prepared in heavy sauces...

Its served on ******** day. Athe and Satin be praised.

I thought the traditional dish for that day was pie....

User Image

Unless... do vanilla atheists have a different calendar of feast days? I kind of assumed they were the same when I joined... sweatdrop

Enduring Phantom

That's cold, man. That's real cold. emo
Jaaten Syric
deadmanjay
Jaaten Syric
deadmanjay
The Catfish Blues

I eat babies.

Ooh... not good. Babies already have a high fat content. I feel sinful enough just having one plain, I don't think I could live with myself if I started ordering them prepared in heavy sauces...

User Image

Unless... do vanilla atheists have a different calendar of feast days? I kind of assumed they were the same when I joined... sweatdrop

No, they have changed. With the inclusion of more 12-14 year olds, the older people didn't want to share their pie, so a new menu had to be made. Now, along with the lemon butter baby, there is peanut brittle and antichrist crackers.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
deadmanjay
Jaaten Syric
deadmanjay
Jaaten Syric
deadmanjay
The Catfish Blues

I eat babies.

User Image

No, they have changed. With the inclusion of more 12-14 year olds, the older people didn't want to share their pie, so a new menu had to be made. Now, along with the lemon butter baby, there is peanut brittle and antichrist crackers.
And for the more refined taste, sauteed toddler on a bed of Koran leaves.
Pseudo-Onkelos
They're called atheists, not amorals.

And North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Adored Admirer

fschmidt
Pseudo-Onkelos
They're called atheists, not amorals.

And North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

What's your point?

Adored Admirer

Fermionic
Lucky~9~Lives
Ranga runner
Religion =/= Morality

Theism =/= Religion

Theism = (-1)^0.5

So, um, is that 1?
Pseudo-Onkelos
Fermionic
Lucky~9~Lives
Ranga runner
Religion =/= Morality

Theism =/= Religion

Theism = (-1)^0.5

So, um, is that 1?

Only when to the 4.

Adored Admirer

Fermionic
Pseudo-Onkelos
Fermionic
Lucky~9~Lives
Ranga runner
Religion =/= Morality

Theism =/= Religion

Theism = (-1)^0.5

So, um, is that 1?

Only when to the 4.

I don't know how you would find the square root of -1 or even 1. I also thought ½ was a negative in my last post, although it wasn't.

Interesting Seeker

Ranga runner
Religion =/= Morality
Where do religious people get their morals from?
I would trust the collective agreements of society over the 'spoken' words of peoples gods.

When you say society, which society do you mean becasue there are multiple societies across the world and each society has a different set of morals and a set of rules that people adhere too and often disagree on, therefore society as a whole is by no means a collective. Afterall what is moral in the society of the United States or a region of the United States would be seen differently in say a region in Japan, or China. So my question is that how can you trust society when it is as screwed up as you believe religion is?
Pseudo-Onkelos
Fermionic
Pseudo-Onkelos
Fermionic
Lucky~9~Lives
Ranga runner
Religion =/= Morality

Theism =/= Religion

Theism = (-1)^0.5

So, um, is that 1?

Only when to the 4.

I don't know how you would find the square root of -1 or even 1. I also thought ½ was a negative in my last post, although it wasn't.

The square root of 1 is one.
When it comes to finding the square root of negative numbers, we need to bring different principles to hand. NB; ^1/2 is the same as square root.

16^1/2=(+/-)4, as (+/-)4^2=16
(-16)^1/2, however, is different. No number one would find on a number line would multiply by itself to give a negative number, as (-4)*(-4), as an example, would give +16. Hence, a number was invented to help solve problems in which a solution is a root of a negative, hence "i".
(-16)^1/2 can be written as (16^1/2)*(-1^1/2), which gives 4*(-1^1/2). The fact that any root of a negative can be written as the product of a root of a positive multiplied by the root of negative 1, we can then call -1^1/2 a base unit, named "i". So, (-16)^1/2 will become 4i. Likewise, (-20)^1/2 would become (2(5)^1/2)i.
It is this "i" that is the imaginary unit, and makes up imaginary and complex numbers, as hateful as that reference is.

To sum up; the root of -1 is not a natural number, but a made up one to be able to solve equations that include a complex solution (this has various applications in a variety of fields, namely computing).

Sorry if you didn't need/didn't care for, this. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces