Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tactical Leg Sweep
I find accusations of self-importance coming from Europeans of all people to be incredibly hilarious.

Why is that?
Inritus_v3
Tactical Leg Sweep
Inritus_v3
I don't think that they think they're the best.
Although I do think that most of them are overestimating themselves, especially since (and I really don't want to stereotype so this is just most of them and not all) they are usually pretty dumb and close minded.

"Most" is still a stereotype. Ironic, you saying such a dumb and close-minded thing.

Well I guess I am stereotyping then. Not every American is dumb and close-minded. But so far nearly all that I've met are like that. I know many people that share that experience. Just stating a fact.

And collectively, even assuming I believed you, and all the people you know claimed that every American they met was "dumb and close-minded", that would probably account for what, .01 percent of the American population? And that's giving you a gigantic benefit of the doubt. That's about the only fact here.

Glad you at least admit you're stereotyping.
Inritus_v3
Tactical Leg Sweep
I find accusations of self-importance coming from Europeans of all people to be incredibly hilarious.

Why is that?

Because there's a whole sociological concept dedicated to how self-centered Europeans are?

Loyal Paladin

From a personal stand point, many I have run into are just too into the patriotism thing. So that doesn't help much, but every country has that. Not one in particular, overall there's people who overestimate their homeland. So there's no sense in saying America in specific, though it may seem like they are the main people to think as such, it would depend if you have been to serious places, like the UK, Russia, etc. Any place can act like people say the way America is. And to whom above needs to stop generalizing on Europeans.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Shirosato Ryu
From a personal stand point, many I have run into are just too into the patriotism thing. So that doesn't help much, but every country has that. Not one in particular, overall there's people who overestimate their homeland. So there's no sense in saying America in specific, though it may seem like they are the main people to think as such, it would depend if you have been to serious places, like the UK, Russia, etc. Any place can act like people say the way America is. And to whom above needs to stop generalizing on Europeans.

Eugenics is a generalization?
America is a pretty amazing country, honestly.

Fanatical Zealot

Of we course we think we're the best.

And what are you going to do about?

Ask ridiculous questions?

We'll blow your planet up.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Suicidesoldier#1

Now this is the proper American response. Do you see the pride in that answer? That is why we are the best. And in all sense, every nation should be showing such pride. Each citizen of every country in the world should be thinking that theirs is the best damn country in the world.

Fanatical Zealot

Hanma Selis
Suicidesoldier#1

Now this is the proper American response. Do you see the pride in that answer? That is why we are the best. And in all sense, every nation should be showing such pride. Each citizen of every country in the world should be thinking that theirs is the best damn country in the world.

blaugh
As an American, I personally don't care politically or otherwise. One day we won't be at the top of the world and I'm perfectly fine with that.
Tactical Leg Sweep
Inritus_v3
Tactical Leg Sweep

Why is that?

Because there's a whole sociological concept dedicated to how self-centered Europeans are?

I've never noticed that Europeans are self-centered. Not even the slightest bit.
i dont think america is better than anyone else
As an American I can honestly say yes. Yes we are better than everyone else.

Timid Genius

Light bulb, car, conveyer belt, free enterprise system, the list goes on in contributions.

Yes we think we are the best country on Earth.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Inritus_v3
Tactical Leg Sweep
Inritus_v3
Tactical Leg Sweep

Why is that?

I've never noticed that Europeans are self-centered. Not even the slightest bit.
Try going to France as an American. You don't get the friendliest reception in my experience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff