"Someday you will be loved" 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
I cannot pretend that I felt any regret 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
'Cause each broken heart will eventually mend 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
And as the blood runs red down the needle and thread 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
Someday you will be loved 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
User Image

Welcome to Dirty Little Secrets!

Hello friend, and welcome to Dirty Little Secrets.
We all have secrets. Sometimes, you may feel like your secrets are putting you under a strain and you may feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. You may feel like you have so many problems that you just want to scream.
Let DLS be the place where you can let out that scream.
DLS is a safe haven, where you can vent and rid yourself of your secrets, worries and stress.

The original idea of DLS was conceived by a Gaian known as Desirface. She was inspired by the genius of Frank Warren, the creator of Post Secret, and created a thread in which she and others could express their thoughts and emotions in a safe and non-threatening atmosphere.
In time, the thread expanded and grew into something much more.

Nowadays, DLS is a unified and supportive community of people all dealing with their daily dilemmas in a comfortable and non-judgemental environment. Desirface is no longer part of the community, but a team of moderators continue her legacy, and the thread has stood the test of time and is here for you.

Please stay, have a look, and discover how DLS can help you.
Thank you for reading, friend. We hope to see you again soon.

Current Poll Song: "Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab for Cutie

User Image

Quote of the Week:

" Humans aren't as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with feelings and thoughts of others, be they humans or other animals on Earth. So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were 'reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy. " Neil deGrasse Tyson

User Image

Naterbee
Sammiifayse
o sister
not with haste
mewkittyy
Versatile Lunatic

User Image

User Image

These are the DLS Rules.
We ask that you follow them.
Any posts that do not conform to these rules WILL be deleted and warnings WILL be issued accordingly.
We, the Moderator Team, thank you for your co-operation.

DLS is a place for Secrets. Therefore, each post must contain a Secret.

✖ --A secret is - Anything you feel you need to express in a calm, non-threatening manner.
✖ --A secret is not - Asking for crushes/formsprings etc.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX- Bumping/emote posts/picture posts that aren't a secret/posting any other rubbish for gold.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX- RP Invitations/Advertising other threads/sites.

Keep the Peace

✖ --Be careful with what you post. Some subjects are rather tender and can cause upset.
✖ --Do not attack another DLSer, no matter what they post.

**DLS is a place for secrets. Sometimes you will encounter a secret that may seem as if it is about you, or is about a subject that you find upsetting.
If this happens, please, rather than speaking to the poster or posting something that may cause them or other DLSers to react, come to a Moderator and we will gladly sort it out for you.

Follow the TOS

✖ --Gaia has a TOS. Follow it. Any posts found breaking the TOS WILL be reported to Gaia and handled by them NOT by a DLS Moderator.

No Chatting

✖ --Do not hold conversations in/reply to/comment on anyone's posts. This is chatting and WILL NOT be tolerated.

Don't Feed the Trolls

✖ --Occasionally DLS will attract a Troll that is either out to cause trouble or will continually spam DLS.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX-DO - Report them to a Moderator.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX-DO NOT - Respond to their posts in any way.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-This means posting anything that acknowledges their presence.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-This is what they want. As long as they're getting what they want, they will remain.
User Image

Friday, the 20th of February, 2015
Just a note, we will be updating the "quote of the day" Once a week now (and obviously will be changing it to 'quote of the week' (since we never updated it once a day anyway)
The poll song will now change every week instead of random times.
Any poll suggestions should be sent to the poll suggestion thread!
(only problem is i dont have access to any of the graphics made so....it'll still say quote of the week)

Sunday, the 15th of February, 2015
Hey DLSers. So the mod trials have ended and it is time to announce our new mods. Now people always have a problem when there are new mods, and we can't always please everyone. But we spent a lot of time thinking about who to choose, and we are all happy with our choices. They more than proved they are good mods through the trials.
We are bringing back an older mod Versatile Lunatic, and a brand new mod, mewkittyy.
They will be posting in the following colours:

Versatile Lunatic
mewkittyy

We are really happy to bring these moderators on, and we hope everything goes smoothly!
Have a great day, everyone!

-o sister

Sunday, the 8th of February, 2015

Hey DLSers, long time no see.
As of today we will be trialling moderators for mod positions, which means we will once again be cracking down on rules. I would take to the time to review our rules once again as it has been a while since we had a big crackdown on them. If you have a problem with this, you are more than welcome to visit the old DLS threads that are no longer moderated which you will find in our links section.
Anyone who is interested in a moderator position just has to send Face a message and one of our active mods will get back to you with an application for you to fill out. Your application will then be assessed by all of the moderators before you are accepted/declined for the trial stage.
Good luck to anyone who applies!
- Naterbee

Saturday, the 7th of February, 2015
Hello, Everyone.
As some of you are aware, there was a situation in DLS today.
It was revealed that a DLSer had been sexually harassing so far 4 girls. We don't know if was more. He was sending some pretty bad things to these girls, even though they had expressed they didn't want these things being sent.
He has since been blocked from DLS.
I want everyone here to know, we do not tolerate sexual harassment. Or any harassment. Or bullying.
If you guys are ever being harassed by another DLSer, please let us know. Do not feel like you have to suffer in silence. This place is supposed to be a safe place. You shouldn't feel like people can just message you and send you things you didn't want.
If you do not feel comfortable PMing Face, you can PM me personally (o sister) and I will never judge you and I will help you to the best of my ability.
I am so sorry this happened the people it happened to. And I'm sorry I didn't know earlier.
But please, never feel you have to suffer, or quit DLS, because someone is hurting you in that way.
I am always here if you need me.
Have a great night, guys.
-Cassie
Wednesday, the 4th of February, 2015

Hey all,
This is just a friendly reminder that we have a rule in DLS called "Keep the peace", which basically means don't make this an unsafe place for other DLSers. It seems like maybe we all need a refresher course in what exactly the rules are, so we advise you all to have a look at them once more. DLS is a safe place for many people, and we'd like to keep it that way.
While we can't warn/ban you for sending someone hateful anonymous messages offsite (such as crushtags or tumblr messages), what we can do is warn you and (if it comes to that) ban you for causing hostility within the thread.
If you don't like someone in this thread, or on this site, block them. Do not bring your unruly behavior into DLS.
If you feel unsafe in our thread, always message a moderator or send a message to the Face account. We don't take those reports lightly and it will be handled.
Thanks.

Saturday, the 3rd of January, 2015

Let me start off by saying Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you all had great holidays and wish you much luck in 2015
Alright, so about the NPC's.
I have researched and researched, but there is literally nothing I can do about the NPC's.
People can individually ignore them, but there if Face blocks them it doesn't stop them from posting in DLS. So I delete the posts when I can, but I cannot be here 24/7, unfortunately.
I will talk to the other MODs so maybe we can work something else, but this is all I can suggest for now.

Thank you all for being patient, and working with us, but as of now, there isn't anything I can do.

Again, Happy New Year to everyone!

-o sister

Wednesday, the 17th of December, 2014

Hey, DLS.
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays!
Whatever you do or do not celebrate, I hope everyone has a great time, and a happy New Year! Be safe, have fun, and see you around.

-o sister
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-
-RESERVED-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff