Welcome to Gaia! ::

After years of getting hosed by Gaia did I finally get lucky?

It seems that way!! 0.56818181818182 56.8% [ 50 ]
Nope it's worthless 0.14772727272727 14.8% [ 13 ]
Ummmm... 0.28409090909091 28.4% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Marcus Wade
Sweet Talk Tether
zombie296
Copper Shenanigans

Please please please don't listen to these people. Listing it at something like that is not helpful. If you don't want to sell this item, then don't list it. Don't jack up the price even more.

This...THISTHISTHISTHIS!!!!! Too late now, but my rant shall not rest...

For chrissakes, if you DO NOT want to sell it, then DO NOT LIST IT. How tough is that? I'm sorry, the next person won't be able to try it on in the MP...OK, then be patient, enjoy that exclusiveness while it lasts. EVENTUALLY it will show up and then it's fair game. But, now that the ludicrous price has been established (QUADRILLIONS now, really??), every idiot who gets one of these things and doesn't want it will get the idea that it's actually going to sell for that much. Even if it never will, the prices they THINK they'll get for it are plainly visible. Consider the 'logic' here for a moment...no matter how much I love my sugar gliders...and I DO...should I list them on Craigslist for eleventy billion dollars JUST so someone else who doesn't know what they are can see them, even though I have NO intentions of parting with them? Kinda silly, don't you think? And by establishing that price, you just aided the Gaia war machine that's pushing GCash, gold gens, and whatever the latest inflation scape goat is down our collective throats. Hence why I haven't bought anything, including GCash, at all in months and do not foresee any new acquisitions to my inventory any time soon.

I had three of these Rose Artemis items plus some other recolour of same item...made it all white, if memory serves...gave every one of 'em away to newer players through a thread my crew and I did not long ago. No wonder newer players aren't sticking around long...MP prices are enough to ring the death bell for most of them. Without a decent influx of newer players, Gaia as a whole is doomed to fail...and I shall sit back in my lounge chair, sipping my cold drink, and enjoy the show as it crashes and burns due to this nonsense.

~Z

User Image

Oh my God, this is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while, like, this whole thing reads like something off /b/. Putting a new item on the MP for a few seconds so others can see what the poses look like isn't going to establish any sort of price and doesn't aid "the war machine." It literally does NOTHING but allow other people to see the poses of the new item. Hop off the soapbox for a second and go get some fresh air, rethink your comparison between selling a virtual item and your pets.
Umm.. no just no.... Listing a item even for a little while at a crazy price EVEN IF YOU DONT SELL IT CAUSES A PROBLEM here since nobody gets this i shall show you. I have been on Gaia for a long time i know how the market place works. Once someone lists a item other will see said listing and base their listing on the latest listings! Do you REALLY think that if someone lists an item for a crazy price that the next person is going to be like " Ohh this item is listing for 50tril!.... hrmm i am going to list mine for 60 bil to be fair!"... NO THEY ARE NOT. They are going to post theirs for 49tril, 48tril. 39tril. Crazy prices that only help Gaia get into everyone pockets.

I've been here a long time too, so I know how the MP works and it defs doesn't work in the moronic way you've described. Plus, with inflation the way it is, how are new items EVER going to be reasonably priced as soon as they're released? Please go get some fresh air and step away from the computer for a moment, your tinfoil hat is showing.

Desirable Genius

9,450 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Soulfulness
If she was the first/one of the first few to pull it out of the RIG, there aren't even that many people to list under her. Just because, once upon a time, you took advantage of an item with no listings doesn't mean everyone else is gonna.

No one else will 'take advantage' of this situation? Hmmm...you underestimate the greed and keyboard dexterity of people.

Example: This item...see the listing? It's OK...I'll wait while you look at it...

Now then...this item has been popping up for awhile now, from what I've heard rumored, it's due to Gaia staff not knowing how to turn it off. It's a free item and also extremely rare. The average WAS 25,484,000, a ridiculous price for a free, though rare, item. I've seen the term 'd**k move' thrown around in this thread...so who was the d**k who moved to list this thing at 50,000,000,000, even if only to scrounge for bids? Yes, the item has deflated from that original ludicrous price...but I need this item.

So, if I now stuff my conscience and pride into the closet and pay the current 'Lowest Price' of 99,840,000, that lower average buy price will increase accordingly. THAT'S the problem with what you're doing by listing 'EXCLUSIVE, EXTREMELY RARE!!!' items that you have NO intentions of selling for the insane prices I've seen mentioned in this thread. By posting that first listing for intentionally inflated prices, you give others who managed to see yours the idea that they can do the same. Inflation/deflation is like weight loss...hella easy to pour it on, not so easy to get rid of it, which was, I believe, poster Marcus' point.

Not only that, but if I DO buy that silly cat for that much...which, by the way, goes directly AGAINST the suggestions contained in the thread mentioned in this thread re: solving the current inflation situation (yes, I DID read the entire thread) by suggesting that one NOT buy ANY item over 5 billion...then turn around and sell what I crafted with it, MY price will be ridiculously high as well...because I not only spent the time to collect the items needed, but also spent the MONEY to get those ingredients. I'm lucky to break even on it at all, yet I'll still get the piles of nasty PM's and what-not demanding to know "...WHY is your price for that item SO HIGH??? It's not FAAAAAAAIIIIIR!!!" I hope any of this is remembered...cause I'm kind of tired of all of it.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
RoyMustangTheGod
Soulfulness
If she was the first/one of the first few to pull it out of the RIG, there aren't even that many people to list under her. Just because, once upon a time, you took advantage of an item with no listings doesn't mean everyone else is gonna.

No one else will 'take advantage' of this situation? Hmmm...you underestimate the greed and keyboard dexterity of people.

Example: This item...see the listing? It's OK...I'll wait while you look at it...

Now then...this item has been popping up for awhile now, from what I've heard rumored, it's due to Gaia staff not knowing how to turn it off. It's a free item and also extremely rare. The average WAS 25,484,000, a ridiculous price for a free, though rare, item. I've seen the term 'd**k move' thrown around in this thread...so who was the d**k who moved to list this thing at 50,000,000,000, even if only to scrounge for bids? Yes, the item has deflated from that original ludicrous price...but I need this item.

So, if I now stuff my conscience and pride into the closet and pay the current 'Lowest Price' of 99,840,000, that lower average buy price will increase accordingly. THAT'S the problem with what you're doing by listing 'EXCLUSIVE, EXTREMELY RARE!!!' items that you have NO intentions of selling for the insane prices I've seen mentioned in this thread. By posting that first listing for intentionally inflated prices, you give others who managed to see yours the idea that they can do the same. Inflation/deflation is like weight loss...hella easy to pour it on, not so easy to get rid of it, which was, I believe, poster Marcus' point.

Not only that, but if I DO buy that silly cat for that much...which, by the way, goes directly AGAINST the suggestions contained in the thread mentioned in this thread re: solving the current inflation situation (yes, I DID read the entire thread) by suggesting that one NOT buy ANY item over 5 billion...then turn around and sell what I crafted with it, MY price will be ridiculously high as well...because I not only spent the time to collect the items needed, but also spent the MONEY to get those ingredients. I'm lucky to break even on it at all, yet I'll still get the piles of nasty PM's and what-not demanding to know "...WHY is your price for that item SO HIGH??? It's not FAAAAAAAIIIIIR!!!" I hope any of this is remembered...cause I'm kind of tired of all of it.

What even is that item? ... I realize that's off topic, but... what is it for? sweatdrop

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
RoyMustangTheGod
Soulfulness

Oh my god. It increased in price BECAUSE it was rare. You cannot just avoid the fact that it was rare and shove the fact it was free in my face; yeah, it was free, but how many users found out how to get it? Hm? Do you think items are going to stay low when they're rare? Lemme tell ya: they're not.

Such is the case for RIG drops and LQI and whatever the hell you wanna bring up. It could be a common drop, but as more and more people buy it for keeps, there's less in circulation; thus, an increase in pricing. It's common logic.

Dapper Explorer

7,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This thread is a magnet for stupidity. I thought we were long past the ignorant notion inflation is influenced by user listings? Don't you dare talk about the economy until you get those kind of fundamentals under your belt.
Poor OP being harrassed over such nonsense!
Congratulations on finding a rare, valuable, and pleasant-looking item. I would suggest (if you do decide to sell) that you wait a couple of days or weeks until a price has established itself on the MP. It can be rather hard to gauge a price after returning from hiatus, especially with the economy being so volatile. Another tip is to hold onto anything valuable you win unless you have specific plans as to what you will purchase with the gold. There is nothing more disheartening than selling only to find your gold has become all but worthless in the matter of a week.

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
SMH... if something's listed for a high price, and does not sell for that, it's not worth that price. Then the seller has to go lower until they find a price someone will buy at. Listings do not establish worth, buyers do. If there's only five of these and they seriously go for 7 trillion each... well that's their worth in this economy. They'll find their way well below that as more people list and nothing is bought though.

Not that the rant's over... congrats OP! That's pretty cool to return and instantly get a rare item drop biggrin

Fruiti Tooti's Partner In Crime

Divine Darling

29,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jinglybell
If gaia would fix the sleeves on Starless/Coral artemis before releasing new recolors of it Id be so happy. (It wont let you save with starless artemis sleeves on, supposedly coral ones too)

They just friggin ignore my bug reports about it.
That explains why my outfit wouldn't save the other day. emotion_donotwant I do hope that gets fixed.

Congrats on the pull, Pseudoyoyomi. emotion_yatta

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
sterek
Marcus Wade
sterek
Listing an item for an outrageous price only creates a listing without letting people purchase the item. It's how first listings are made 90% of the time--people aren't actually selling the item. Once they remove the item just a minute later, the ABP will still show as 0 gold, because there will be no purchase (and therefore no average). Please don't spread misinformation. We need people to make listings for items they plan on keeping.
I am sorry but that's wrong, yes by listing said item for a high price your not going to sell it for a high price BUT that prompts others who also have the item to list theirs at insane prices. Your still causing a problem by doing that this is why our market place is so ******** up!

Listing an item for a quadrillion gold and removing it a minute later creates a new listing to let users see the item and try it on, but not purchase it. Nobody has a quadrillion gold. It's an imaginary "this is not for sale" value. Even if someone lists it for a trillion gold because they misunderstand the purpose of that no-sale price, two things can happen: either the item will be more common and, since it will still show as an ABP of 0 gold, people will be smarter about their pricing, or nobody will buy it, because no one is stupid enough to pounce on an outrageously expensive for an item that might be re-released tomorrow--and the seller will be forced to lower their price if they want to sell the item.

tl;dr: If you don't use the Marketplace enough to understand how new listings work and be able to make the difference between a high price and an purposely unattainable price, please don't use that lack of knowledge to influence people. It's not wrong, it's not causing a problem, and it's not why the Marketplace is ******** up. This is not up to debate.

Um there are alot of people with a quadrillion gold. Thank you gold gens. I mean you cant know that they dont unless your a mod and stalk every frikin user in the whole of Gaia XD.

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Soulfulness
RoyMustangTheGod
Soulfulness

Oh my god. It increased in price BECAUSE it was rare. You cannot just avoid the fact that it was rare and shove the fact it was free in my face; yeah, it was free, but how many users found out how to get it? Hm? Do you think items are going to stay low when they're rare? Lemme tell ya: they're not.

Such is the case for RIG drops and LQI and whatever the hell you wanna bring up. It could be a common drop, but as more and more people buy it for keeps, there's less in circulation; thus, an increase in pricing. It's common logic.
You guys are getting off topic of the Op's post. You both have good points and are not going to agree.

Werewolf

Dreko Windgates
Um there are alot of people with a quadrillion gold. Thank you gold gens. I mean you cant know that they dont unless your a mod and stalk every frikin user in the whole of Gaia XD.

There are several people with trillions, but not a quadrillion. A quadrillion is 1000 times a trillion. It's not even close to being attained at the moment. The maximum payout for gold generators is around a trillion, with the average ranging between 1 and 10 billion. The wealthiest users keep their worth in items because their value usually increases, unlike pure gold which steadily decreases.

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
sterek
Dreko Windgates

There are several people with trillions, but not a quadrillion. A quadrillion is 1000 times a trillion. It's not even close to being attained at the moment. The maximum payout for gold generators is around a trillion, with the average ranging between 1 and 10 billion. The wealthiest users keep their worth in items because their value usually increases, unlike pure gold which steadily decreases.
You have no way of knowing how much every member has. My roommate has very close to a quadrillion because she is saving up for some rare item and spends alot of her money on GC. So yeah you cant know how much any one user has.

Aged Bunny

Dreko Windgates
sterek
Dreko Windgates

You have no way of knowing how much every member has. My roommate has very close to a quadrillion because she is saving up for some rare item and spends alot of her money on GC. So yeah you cant know how much any one user has.

My roommate has very close to a quadrillion because she is saving up for some rare item

..I smell bullshit. There is nothing is worth a quadrillion gold to save for. rofl

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
Xanitrix
Dreko Windgates
sterek
Dreko Windgates

My roommate has very close to a quadrillion because she is saving up for some rare item

..I smell bullshit. There is nothing is worth a quadrillion gold to save for. rofl
Hey i am just telling it like it is i dont tell her how to spend her money. I think its stupid but she gets paid every week and spends 100 bucks a week on GC.

Mega Noob

Woah! Congrats on getting the cool new item! Even if its rare, and worth a lot, don't worry about selling it if you don't want to. Listing an item, and then pulling it, doesn't set an "average" price. Hell, I did it with my SD Gaian item, and it still has a sell price of 0gg. Because it was never purchased.

As for people with "quadrillion" gold...I'll believe that s**t when I see a non-photoshopped image. rofl

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
Oh wow, some of the responses in here. eek
How has this not been moved to CB?

Congrats on your pull OP, clearly you tapped into The Force.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff