Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've pretty much only seen attractive people look confident.

I can't think about any other alternative form of confidence that isn't externally based.

Call me odd, but...

Isn't it better for less physically attractive people to be less confident because they'll be more humble and accustomed to their limits and be more realistic about their scenarios?
I disagree, I've seen plenty of attractive and confident people who are still very humble and realistic about the fact that beauty isn't everything.

I think maybe growing up ugly then maturing into a piece of fine a** has this sort of effect, but you can be both.

Gaian

i S o m m e r

I think maybe growing up ugly then maturing into a piece of fine a** has this sort of effect, but you can be both.

This.
i S o m m e r
I disagree, I've seen plenty of attractive and confident people who are still very humble and realistic about the fact that beauty isn't everything.

Errr...

Beauty is mostly everything in my opinion, Ugliness is a curse.

I've never seen "both"
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.
Christ the Holy Son
i S o m m e r

Errr...

Beauty is mostly everything in my opinion, Ugliness is a curse.

I've never seen "both"

Well, there's people online I could give you an example of
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

Well, like you grow up not being as pretty, I'll say like in your highschool years maybe. Not getting all the boys or anything, and just learning to love yourself the way you are. You're established as a humble person.
Exit highschool and everyone and their mom wants you. But you've already established your sense of humbleness, now you can have a non cocky sense of confidence as well. You know that beauty isn't everything because at some point in your life you've been going without it and living just fine.
Christ the Holy Son

What is your sample size? I have seen an extremely large amount of people that are unattractive but look confident.

South Park even just did a parody this week on the "fat and proud" demographic.
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

Well, like you grow up not being as pretty, I'll say like in your highschool years maybe. Not getting all the boys or anything, and just learning to love yourself the way you are. You're established as a humble person.
Exit highschool and everyone and their mom wants you. But you've already established your sense of humbleness, now you can have a non cocky sense of confidence as well. You know that beauty isn't everything because at some point in your life you've been going without it and living just fine.
I'm in-familiar with the concept of self love. It almost appears to be...self delusion or narcissism when you've got pretty much no reason for it. Then again...I wrestle with personal demons.
Samadhi23
Christ the Holy Son

What is your sample size? I have seen an extremely large amount of people that are unattractive but look confident.

South Park even just did a parody this week on the "fat and proud" demographic.

I've seen attractive people look confident yet... I've seen ugly people look arrogant.

I don't like it when less attractive people are ultra cocky because they're practically setting themselves up for failure and will suffer a Narcissistic injury when they realize...."I'm gross looking"

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

Examples: (sp?) Irkul, the guy who plays ron weasley, and several celebs who had extremely dorky/ugly childhoods but look 'boyband hot' after growing up. Imo Taylor whatshisface who played sharkboy was mediocre in his youth, and now is "Over the top hot" (and doesn't enjoy showing it off, says he hated all the twilight scenes showing his abs) -and these celebs aren't those megasurgery types of people. Just look at any "This guy will never get any" meme-and then the person spitting out their cereal when they see how the person grows up to be. There's a whole meme dedicated to people who are ugly babies but grow up to be 'swanlike' even without makeup/surgery.
Christ the Holy Son
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

I'm in-familiar with the concept of self love. It almost appears to be...self delusion or narcissism when you've got pretty much no reason for it. Then again...I wrestle with personal demons.

Lol you can love yourself without beauty, there are many other things that maybe even too much beauty can close the doors off too.
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

Lol you can love yourself without beauty, there are many other things that maybe even too much beauty can close the doors off too.

Loving yourself without beauty?

I can't conceive it...not being Narcissistic.
Tarako6
i S o m m e r
Christ the Holy Son
AvenirLegacy
i S o m m e r

This.

I disagree.

Examples: (sp?) Irkul, the guy who plays ron weasley, and several celebs who had extremely dorky/ugly childhoods but look 'boyband hot' after growing up. Imo Taylor whatshisface who played sharkboy was mediocre in his youth, and now is "Over the top hot" (and doesn't enjoy showing it off, says he hated all the twilight scenes showing his abs) -and these celebs aren't those megasurgery types of people. Just look at any "This guy will never get any" meme-and then the person spitting out their cereal when they see how the person grows up to be. There's a whole meme dedicated to people who are ugly babies but grow up to be 'swanlike' even without makeup/surgery.

Irkul is a great example, I forgot the real actors name, he completely threw away his attractiveness to play the part of a person who isn't as attractive. But still thinks he's the s**t.
Alot of actors could never throw away their looks and cockiness for a second to do something like this.
When have you ever seen Megan Fox play a role where she's not a piece of a**.
there are very few people that are hopelessly ugly. you can always lose weight, fix your hygiene, your wardrobe or whatever really

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff