Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
There's nothing wrong with being black. He could probably work out and develop an amazing figure. I would suggest he packs protein and starts exercising. I would also suggest he tries to actually find his passion and latch onto a real identity. And braces.

What's the best way to get some protein?
Meat. Protein supplements, such as whey, etc.
I see, i'll tell him about..

My friend said that he's always wanted to ethnically ambiguous. He doesn't want to fit a label of..

"Black" "White"

He said that he wants his image to be in people's minds when he's not around.

He wants to be from nowhere...
Ha, well he could try Asain skin-lightening products. They're supposedly harmless. I kind of want to try them to be more pale. >.>

But yeah, he needs to be less hung up on race. You can't be ethnically nothing.
Hmm... I wouldn't say he's hung up on race. He said that... "He doesn't fit in with anybody and never felt like he has" He wants his external appearance to reflect that sense of...Stranger hood.
Frankly, I envy his ability to not fit in. I'm tired of being lumped in with white bread. He needs to value his uniqueness more.
I refuse to be a part of-- or even read the rest of-- it this conversation, about one of the many beauties in all different kinds of people, with somebody who's avi is Jesus.

Like. What.
Christ the Holy Son
calamito
Christ the Holy Son
Isn't it better for less physically attractive people to be less confident because they'll be more humble and accustomed to their limits and be more realistic about their scenarios?

Their ...limits?? What limits? That they're less attractive? Seriously... what the ********]

Yes, ugly people generally have limitations in Society.

Yeah. Everybody does. confused
Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
Christ the Holy Son
Desideraht
A lot of people who perceive their faces as ugly can do something about it by fixing their teeth, eyebrows, and hygiene.

Yeah, a friend of mine has got buckteeth. Extremely bushy eyebrows. A deviated nasal septum, broken nasal cartilage and he hates his ethnic looks.

8 out of the 10 girls I asked told me that he was ugly.

My friend spends alot of time alone, writing trying to be some deep existentialist hipster writer guy and tries to play with his image because he doesn't fit in. He's depressed and he's a recluse.

Good thing I don't look like that guy! neutral
Working on his teeth and eyebrows could work wonders for him. Ethnic guys with ugly noses can actually be extremely hot if they work on their other features. Some people actually dig ugly noses (I kind of like them, myself).

He really should try manscaping. Get his eyebrows done and some braces. I'm serious; it could change his life.

My friend isn't like ethnic European. He's black and really dark he was raised in America.

He's incredibly tall and thin.

What would you suggest for him? stare
There's nothing wrong with being black. He could probably work out and develop an amazing figure. I would suggest he packs protein and starts exercising. I would also suggest he tries to actually find his passion and latch onto a real identity. And braces.

What's the best way to get some protein?

Sounds like your friend is a hard gainer, which always seemed like kind of an awesome problem to have. Though I suppose that's thinking like someone who already works out and would be glad to actually have my ideal caloric intake be huge.

Tell him to lift heavy and eat a lot. He should aim to lift weight that is heavy enough that he can only do about 12-15 repetitions with proper form, but not so heavy that he can't at least do 6-8. He should focus on compound lifts that work large muscle groups. His best bet would be things like flat bench press, deadlifts, squats, pull ups, dips, and military presses. As for what he eats, yes, protein is important but he honestly just simply needs to create a caloric surplus to gain weight. Meaning he should eat maybe 200-300 more calories than he actually needs, a good deal of that being from good fats, proteins and good carbs.

Fashionable Hunter

I have a handful of friends who are unattractive appearance-wise, most of them girls if that says anything to you, but make up for it with a fantastic and confident personality. Also, being humble and being confident are not mutually exclusive for either attractive or unattractive people.

I don't know if I would say my friends' unattractiveness pushed them to work harder in other aspects, thereby creating their confident attitudes, but I'm sure in a lot of people, it's a factor. Many of them don't put a lot of stock into make-up (because honestly on many of them, it wouldn't matter too much), but do make sure to dress sharp. But I think their confidence mainly comes from knowing their s**t when they speak.
kakteed
I have a handful of friends who are unattractive appearance-wise, most of them girls if that says anything to you, but make up for it with a fantastic and confident personality. Also, being humble and being confident are not mutually exclusive for either attractive or unattractive people.
So...they fake it?

I agree with you that confidence and humility aren't mutuality exclusive on both sides of the aesthetic spectrum but...You can't ignore the fact that when on one end of the Ugly/Beauty duality one of them gets a disproportional amount of favorability.

Quote:
I don't know if I would say my friends' unattractiveness pushed them to work harder in other aspects, thereby creating their confident attitudes, but I'm sure in a lot of people, it's a factor.
Agreed.
Quote:
any of them don't put a lot of stock into make-up (because honestly on many of them, it wouldn't matter too much), but do make sure to dress sharp. But I think their confidence mainly comes from knowing their s**t when they speak.
And it all comes back to utility...
ZootSuit
I refuse to be a part of-- or even read the rest of-- it this conversation, about one of the many beauties in all different kinds of people, with somebody who's avi is Jesus.

Like. What.

Fine then, live in your bubble.

Fashionable Hunter

Christ the Holy Son
kakteed
So...they fake it?

I agree with you that confidence and humility aren't mutuality exclusive on both sides of the aesthetic spectrum but...You can't ignore the fact that when on one end of the Ugly/Beauty duality one of them gets a disproportional amount of favorability.

Quote:
I don't know if I would say my friends' unattractiveness pushed them to work harder in other aspects, thereby creating their confident attitudes, but I'm sure in a lot of people, it's a factor.
Agreed.
Quote:
any of them don't put a lot of stock into make-up (because honestly on many of them, it wouldn't matter too much), but do make sure to dress sharp. But I think their confidence mainly comes from knowing their s**t when they speak.
And it all comes back to utility...

Doesn't seem like faking to me. They're basically all the leadership type, if that helps. They're not wallflowers, and they're good at debate.

I don't think the first part of that sentence/paragraph has anything to do with the second half, so unless you clarify, I don't really have a response blaugh

*shrug* I never said looking good wasn't a life-factor. That would be silly to say. But I think physical attractiveness is nothing more than a bolster, and most people, attractive or otherwise, are better off concentrating on things they CAN change, like the extent of their knowledge and how often they wash their clothing. And their attitude towards life.

Friendly Lunatic

kakteed
*shrug* I never said looking good wasn't a life-factor. That would be silly to say. But I think physical attractiveness is nothing more than a bolster, and most people, attractive or otherwise, are better off concentrating on things they CAN change, like the extent of their knowledge and how often they wash their clothing. And their attitude towards life.

Attractiveness is something you can change. There are so many subtleties to it. The way your hair frames your face and complements your head. The perceptual glow of healthy skin. The subtle differences between a fake and a genuine smile. Glasses. Earrings. Neckline. Cheeks that flush with colour depending on the mood. That spark of interest in your eye. Even the location of fat deposits can be affected by diet.

Sure, we can't change our bone structure, but that is just a drop in the bucket.
Some people say that part of feeling good is looking good, and to back that up to a point I haven't ever seen too many non-reclusive cycloptic hunchbacks who were beaming with confidence.

Fashionable Hunter

MachineMuse
kakteed

Attractiveness is something you can change. There are so many subtleties to it. The way your hair frames your face and complements your head. The perceptual glow of healthy skin. The subtle differences between a fake and a genuine smile. Glasses. Earrings. Neckline. Cheeks that flush with colour depending on the mood. That spark of interest in your eye. Even the location of fat deposits can be affected by diet.

Sure, we can't change our bone structure, but that is just a drop in the bucket.

Errr, no.

Again, I'm thinking of several of my friends whose physical problems aren't going to be solved with a new hair-do, more smiles, or a diet because their faces are noticeably lopsided in some way (vertically or horizontally because both matter). They aren't plain girls; they're actually unattractive because the human mind recognizes symmetry as an attractive physical feature.

So yeah, maybe if you're already semi-decent, attractiveness is something you can change without too much effort. That doesn't work for everyone, and I still hold that BECAUSE it doesn't work for everyone, to concentrate on other human virtues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff