Welcome to Gaia! ::

For those of you who had read this thread before: please consider it closed.
I'm really sorry for posting that, this is clearly not the right place, but I was asked to announce the magazine everywhere I can and I'm doing it.

Are there people interested in the project? Yes there are about 11 people, most of them from the USA. But I know many of you won't be interested because it's for a magazine in Brazil and nobody abroad has ever heard of it, that's true.

So... I'm really sorry if I insulted someone or something, that wasn't my intention. neutral
Wait... so DRAW for you so you can make money and you get paid for the work that we'd do? Maybe just me but scam rip off and cheapskate come to mind as words to describe this.

any artist good enough to do this... Should already be smart enough to know that if you are getting paid for it... so should they.

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
So, you get a few thousand panels of art, and the artist gets nothing but the opportunity for exposure. Definitely sounds fair. /sarcasm

You're better off just doing the artwork yourself, if you're so inclined to not pay anyone.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
As bad as I draw,yet even this does seem a bit out of place. Your just hogging glory while other's have nothing to show what we made.

I just see this as us the bed and you as the owner who lay's on her workers. I am deeply sorry but this will have to be rejected.
none of us is earning money ._."
We're all doing this for free just to get famous and one day we can find a good publisher. I didn't say we're making money o_o' sorry if you got that.
I was the artist myself, but I have no time to keep working on it and I have to find someone else...
Young Master Aibiki
So, you get a few thousand panels of art, and the artist gets nothing but the opportunity for exposure. Definitely sounds fair. /sarcasm

You're better off just doing the artwork yourself, if you're so inclined to not pay anyone.

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that. We are all working for free... Nanquim Magazine publishes good stories but doesn't pay for it. The day TPT will officially be published and make some profit, of course everybody is going to be paid. I'm really sorry that wasn't clear... I'll check if I can edit that post and fix it

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mad Diana
We're all doing this for free just to get famous and one day we can find a good publisher. I didn't say we're making money o_o' sorry if you got that.
I was the artist myself, but I have no time to keep working on it and I have to find someone else...

I should direct you to one of my animation teachers blog post in response to this. http://mayersononanimation.blogspot.ca/2012/01/freelancing.html

He is very right. Doing something for free even in hopes of getting "Famous" or that it would look good in your personal portfolio's is fine and all, but it can be harmful and a lost of people take advantage of it. This, of course, does not apply to you as this was your goal with whomever you organized it with, but when you start talking about getting other artists here to essentially work for you (I say that since you say that you no longer have time to work on it) and offer to pay in Gaia gold. Once you bring in an actual publisher then it gets messy.

All and all there is not enough information here and I don't think this is the right place to be asking. If you are asking people to make something with you that is going to be published, you should note IF you are getting paid, how it's getting paid, who the publisher is, expectations, etc. Most people do not do things for Gaia gold that will get published outside of Gaia in a magazine.

Witty Humorist

you don't get famous from magazines no one has heard of posted in brazill
Otange Noobs
Mad Diana

I should direct you to one of my animation teachers blog post in response to this. http://mayersononanimation.blogspot.ca/2012/01/freelancing.html

He is very right. Doing something for free even in hopes of getting "Famous" or that it would look good in your personal portfolio's is fine and all, but it can be harmful and a lost of people take advantage of it. This, of course, does not apply to you as this was your goal with whomever you organized it with, but when you start talking about getting other artists here to essentially work for you (I say that since you say that you no longer have time to work on it) and offer to pay in Gaia gold. Once you bring in an actual publisher then it gets messy.

All and all there is not enough information here and I don't think this is the right place to be asking. If you are asking people to make something with you that is going to be published, you should note IF you are getting paid, how it's getting paid, who the publisher is, expectations, etc. Most people do not do things for Gaia gold that will get published outside of Gaia in a magazine.

Thanks for your reply.
I know that working for free is not a very good option, but unfortunately Brazil doesn't care about national comic books. This country only publishes and pay for international artists, so all a national artist can expect is fame so then we can try to be published somewhere abroad. We'll try enywhere we can: Image Comics, New Pop, Conrad...

I was in a forum like this when I first saw this same announcement. I got interested and submitted my art, but then I noticed I wouldn't have time to draw the rest of it. So instead of drawing, the "manager" asked me to announce this everywhere I can. People are kinda desperate here because the story is getting famous but we still can't find someone (good) to draw it.

Well I'm sorry anyway.
Marshal poi jinx

Yes you actually do...
People abroad may have never heard of it (that makes sense) but Brazil is a huge country and the magazine is popular around here.

Witty Humorist

Mad Diana
Marshal poi jinx

Yes you actually do...
People abroad may have never heard of it (that makes sense) but Brazil is a huge country and the magazine is popular around here.

you see the problem is I've heard this pitch before I've been in those groups before and they never work. You just end up doing a lot of work for nothing and nothing comes of it. Pitches like this are a waste of time. If something would come of it you would be paying and not asking for people on gaia if they could do it for you. You would go out and get professionals to do professional work so you get results that brings in money. you would make the sacrifice for a higher result. You wouldn't expect the artist to sacrifice his time and effort for something with zero insurance of a high turnout.
Marshal poi jinx
Mad Diana
Marshal poi jinx

Yes you actually do...

you see the problem is I've heard this pitch before I've been in those groups before and they never work. You just end up doing a lot of work for nothing and nothing comes of it. Pitches like this are a waste of time. If something would come of it you would be paying and not asking for people on gaia if they could do it for you. You would go out and get professionals to do professional work so you get results that brings in money. you would make the sacrifice for a higher result. You wouldn't expect the artist to sacrifice his time and effort for something with zero insurance of a high turnout.

I understand. That is actually what I first thought when I saw this announcement somewhere else, but then I met the people who are working on it and I realized it may actually be published someday. We just need someone who can draw it, and I don't know how to find this person other than asking to work for free. We can't pay because we're not being paid. It's actually a complicated situation.

That's why we can't ask professionals to do it. Unless someone pay US, we can't pay someone else...

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
you might have better luck going to the art shops and askign around there. people draw avi art for gaia gold all the time, maybe you will get lucky and be able to pay someone to do a few pages for you with gaia gold

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff