Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gaian

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello, my name is Finnick the Firefly and welcome to the Class of 2005 Hangout Thread!

Class of 2005, you say? Well, those of us who joined Gaiaonline in the year 2005 are considered to be members of the Gaia class of 05. This pertains to Gaia Spirit Week, which will be explained in the next post. For new members and old, we welcome you all here to stay and chat! Don't worry, you don't have to be a member of class to join in on the fun!

Since making a post for rules seems pointless, I will say that there is one big big rule that everyone must follow: respect everyone who posts here! That means no arguing, no putting anyone down for any reason and no frowning. We want bright smiles in this thread, everybody!

By the way, the official color for the class of 2005 is yellow!

I r Spirit Week
Q:Why don't the Class Colors match the sashes Gaia gave out?
A: For a couple of reasons. When we first stared doing GSW, Gaia hadn't released the sashes yet, and when they did release them, most people didn't want us to change the colors - they liked the tradition behind the colors, and they liked being able to make a rainbow. We decided that for now, we won't change the colors. Besides, not everyone has one of the sashes, or the right sash.
If you want to wear your sash anyway, go for it! You won't be alone, lots of other people like to wear their sashes as well as the colors we assign, and that's totally fine. Show your spirit the way you want to!

Sparkly Gaian

User Image

You might be wondering, what exactly is the point of Gaia Spirit Week?
....Or you might not, but let me tell you:

Gaia Spirit Week is about more than just dressing up for fun and having a good time; it's about showing how much we appreciate this website that we all use, recognizing what a great community of people inhabit it and the people who make it happen. Spirit Week is for making new friends, talking to people you might not usually talk to, and using Gaia the way it was created to be used - to connect with other people. Most of all, it's about appreciating the people who make Gaia happen; all the moderators and admins who help run it!
Gaia is constantly changing, coming out with new things, updating old things, and always trying to make itself better for it's users. Of course, we don't always agree with the things they do and that's okay. You don't have to like everything the Gaia team does. But you should still take time to thank your admins and mods, and that's what Spirit Week is all about!

Tell your mods that you love them! Send them gifts, avatar art, or just tell them you appreciate them! It doesn't cost you anything, and it really will mean something to them. We know how much you guys all love your mods, and we want you guys to share it! But I think a lot of the times people don't know how; they don't know who the mods are or what the mods want. I may not have an answer for the second part of that, but I do know the first: here at Spirit Week, we've put together an easy way for everyone to participate, and do a little something for the mods.

There is this convenient list of everyone who's a part of the Gaia staff located here. And here is another list we put together that can be found here, since it's a bit long for the main thread. The list is not completely up to date, so if we've missed anyone, please let us know!

What do we do with that, you may ask? There's a bunch of things you can do! You can tip that post (it's only 10,000g and it only takes a second and it's not like sending a trade). If we could get a bunch of people together to do that, we could donate a significant bit of money to each mod with minimal effort on each persons part. If you're not interested in donating gold, you could always just send them a PM on telling them you appreciate them! So send them some art of their avi or anything else you can think of!

Go out and show the Gaia team how much you appreciate them!
Thank you Gaians!

Sparkly Gaian

Sparkly Gaian

Sparkly Gaian

User Image

The more you contribute/hang out in the thread, the better your chances are of getting put on this list.

II AlphaAquarii II Created the first Class of 2005 hangout thread and was the inspiration for the new one!

Renia goes RAWR Initiated the creation of the new thread, did the graphics, set up, etc.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
All the members of the class of 2005 who have posted here.

`Cid
SweetNiar
Krazie_Kitty_Kiilala
QT2
Cillaid
xXRed Moon VampiressXx
xFlamethrower
Nariana
peech c a n d y
white_wolf1989
featherfire520
Ramona Razor
i have a fairy by my side
Mereluna
Misaki Blaze
Vx 2Fly
Mrs_S_Snape
f a l l i n 4 d a n c e
Jar Full Of Painkillers
angel4evah
Sam Vampire
Yeata Zi
~Black Petals~

Sparkly Gaian

Sparkly Gaian

GOSpiritWeek
User Image

07-09 Literary Classics Day- Celebrate some of the most iconic characters ever written. From Anne of Green Gables to Three Musketeers, there are many pieces of literature that have held long-lasting places in our hearts and inspired the culture around us.

07-10 Personal Hero Day- Today we take time to honor someone that has made a huge impact in shaping who we are today. This can be a relative or guardian, a celebrity, or historical icon that has given you some sort of inspiration or helped you out during some point in your life.

07-11 Make a Scene Day- Oh the places you go! We want you to make a scene, taking us on a journey with your avi using backgrounds and other items. A stroll in the park, a fairy tale setting, or even a world of nightmares! Take us on a journey with you.

07-12 Steampunk Day- Imagine a world in which everything ran on steam. A place where the sky was filled with airships and the fashion is inspired by the Victorian era. Are you a sky pirate, an engineer, or high-classed citizen flaunting your best garbs?

07-13 Sleepover Day- Time to throw on you pajamas and get ready for spin-the-bottle, pillow fights, pranks, and pizza! This will be one wild sleep over. Who's gonna fall asleep first?

07-14 Mystery Day- Following tradition, we will leave the last day for all of the GSW participants to decide on. We will start a poll upon the opening ceremony of Gaia Spirit Week 2017. Everyone will have the chance to vote for their favorite possible day from a list. The poll will remain open until Thursday at 5pm Pacific Standard Time, giving everyone a few hours to decide on their avis before the midnight screenies.

Here are this year's choices:
-What Happens in Vegas: Gambling, Mobs, Show girls, and Allen
-Space Odyssey: Aliens, Explorers, Shooting Stars, and The Force
-Animation: Classic Toons, Anime, and Movies
-Western: Cowboys, Farmers, Animals, and Robots
-Supernatural: Ghosts, Ouija Boards, Possessions, and Moose

07-15 Class Color Day- Gaia was created back in 2003. The GSW has assigned a specific color for each year. Dress your avi and join fellow participants that joined the year you did in screenies and class competition, then join the other classes in a celebration for all the years Gaia has been here for us. Over the years, a tradition has sprung up in which some participants choose to wear a rainbow item to signify unity of all classes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff