Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Welcome to C O L O R S P L A S H! A GLBT Hangout!
This is a place where, whether you are gay, straight, transsexual, gender queer, or something in between, you can come chat and have a good time!

User Image

Welcome/Rules/About Me/Affiliates/Links/Information/Random/Random

User Image
I know nobody likes rules, but they have to be established.

User Image I am god here. I have the right to ban you from my thread if I deem it appropriate. You have the right to try and appeal. Just PM me.

User Image Follow the Gaia TOS.

User Image Do not quote the first page.

User Image Be respectful of everyone.

User Image This isn't a bar/party/hotel thing. Please keep RPing to a bare minimum.

User Image Please use good grammar, and spell out your damn words!

User Image NO PAGE STRETCHING! stressed

I have the right to change or add rules whenever I please, so don't forget to check back every so often.

User Image
User Image Pansexual

User Image Genetically female, but is genderqueer.

User Image Loves dressing up in mens clothing.

User Image Loves green eyes.

User Image Loves to draw.

User Image Plays a lot of Team Fortress 2.

Eh, I'll put up more as I think.

User Image

User Image
User Image

PM me if you want to affiliate.

User Image
http://moktai.deviantart.com

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/ny4ssv][IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/MomoLACK21/banner.png[/IMG][/url]

Make me banners! I'll pay!

User Image

This is some that I took from Wikipedia if you are curious or just want to know more. Here's a link for the LGBT Portal. Here's a link for the Transgender Portal

Homosexuality:
Wikipedia
Homosexuality refers to romantic or sexual attraction or behavior among members of the same sex, situationally or in an enduring disposition. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality is considered to lie within the heterosexual-homosexual continuum of human sexuality, and refers to an individual’s identity based on those attractions and membership in a community of others who share them.

Homosexuality is found in virtually every animal species. The prevalence of homosexuality among humans is difficult to determine accurately; studies suggest between two and twenty percent of the population exhibit some degree of homosexual tendency, though in many earlier cultures homosexual relations were highly prevalent. Throughout history, individual aspects of homosexuality have been admired or condemned according to various societies' sexual norms. When praised, those aspects were seen as a way to improve society; when condemned, particular activities were seen as a sin or a disease, and some homosexual behavior was prohibited by law. Since the middle of the 20th century homosexuality has been gradually delisted as a disease and decriminalized in most developed countries. However, the legal status of homosexual relations varies widely by country and there remain jurisdictions in which certain homosexual behaviors are crimes with severe penalties including death.

Many homosexual people hide their feelings and activities out of fear of disapproval or violence; they are commonly said to be closeted. Openly declaring one's orientation is known as coming out of the closet. Efforts toward emancipation of homosexuality as it is currently understood began in the 1860s; since the mid-1950s there has been an accelerating trend towards increased visibility, acceptance, and civil rights for lesbian, gay and bisexual people. Nevertheless, homophobia persists, and in particular young people subjected to it are at greater risk of socialization difficulties including suicide. Currently the most common adjectives in use are lesbian for women and gay for men, though some prefer other terms or none at all.

Bisexuality:

Wikipedia
Bisexuality refers to sexual behavior with or physical attraction to both sexes (male and female), or a bisexual orientation. People who have a bisexual orientation "can experience sexual, emotional, and affectional attraction to both their own sex and the opposite sex"; "it also refers to an individual’s sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them." It is one of the three main classifications of sexual orientation, along with a heterosexual and a homosexual orientation. Individuals who do not experience sexual attraction to either sex are known as asexual.

Bisexuality has been observed in various human societies and elsewhere in the animal kingdom throughout recorded history. The term bisexuality, however, like the terms hetero- and homosexuality, was coined in the 19th century.

Pansexuality:

Wikipedia
Pansexuality, or omnisexuality is a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others. For others, an individual's sex, gender expression, or gender identity can be a key factor of attraction, despite the pansexual individual's wide range of sex and gender attractions.

The word pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan-, meaning "all". In its simplest form, pansexuality denotes the potential of sexual attraction to all genders and beings. It is intended to negate the idea of two genders (as expressed by bi-)

The adjective pansexual may also be applied to organizations or events. In this context, the term usually indicates an openness to the involvement of people of all genders and sexual orientations in said organization/event, as well as the pansexual sexual identity.

Asexuality:

Wikipedia
Asexuality is a sexual orientation describing individuals who do not experience sexual attraction or do not have interest in or desire for sex. Sometimes, it is considered a lack of a sexual orientation. One commonly cited study placed the incidence rate of asexuality at 1%.

Asexuality is distinct from celibacy, which is the deliberate abstention from sexual activity. Some asexuals do have sex.

Polysexuality:

Wikipedia
Polysexuality refers to people who are attracted to more than one gender or sex but do not wish to identify as bisexual because it implies that there are only two binary genders or sexes.[citation needed] Polysexuals are those people sexually attracted to many different sorts of ideas, species, and characteristics. Polysexuality should not be confused with pansexuality; pan meaning all, and poly meaning many, though not necessarily all.

Polysexuality is a self-identifying term that is somewhat amorphous, as there is a wide variety of different people who use the term to describe themselves.

Transgender:

Wikipedia
Transgender (pronounced /trænzˈdʒɛndər/, from (Latin) derivatives [trans <L, combination form meaning across, beyond, through] and [gender <ME <MF gendre, genre <L gener- meaning kind or sort]) is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies that diverge from the normative gender role (woman or man) commonly, but not always, assigned at birth, as well as the role traditionally held by society.

Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" (self-identification as woman, man, or neither) not matching one's "assigned sex" (identification by others as male or female based on physical/genetic sex). "Transgender" does not imply any specific form of sexual orientation; transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, polysexual, or asexual; some may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable to them. The precise definition for transgender remains in flux, but includes:

* "Of, relating to, or designating a person whose identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender roles, but combines or moves between these."

* "People who were assigned a sex, usually at birth and based on their genitals, but who feel that this is a false or incomplete description of themselves."

* "Non-identification with, or non-presentation as, the sex (and assumed gender) one was assigned at birth."

A transgender individual may have characteristics that are normally associated with a particular gender, identify elsewhere on the traditional gender continuum, or exist outside of it as "other," "agender," "Genderqueer," or "third gender". Transgender people may also identify as bigender, or along several places on either the traditional transgender continuum, or the more encompassing continuums which have been developed in response to the significantly more detailed studies done in recent years.

Transsexual:

Wikipedia
Transsexualism is a condition in which an individual identifies with a physical sex different from the one they were born with. A medical diagnosis can be made if a person experiences discomfort as a result of a desire to be a member of the opposite sex, or if a person experiences impaired functioning or distress as a result of that gender identification. Transsexualism is stigmatized in many parts of the world but has become more widely known in Western culture in the mid to late 20th century, concurrently with the sexual revolution and the development of sexual reassignment surgeries. It remains controversial, however. Discrimination and negative attitudes towards transsexualism often accompany certain religious beliefs or cultural values. There are cultures that have no difficulty integrating people who change sex roles, often holding them with high regard, such as the traditional role for 'two-spirit' people found among certain native American tribes.

Androgyny:

Wikipedia
Androgyny is a term derived from the Greek words ανήρ (anér, meaning man) and γυνή (gyné, meaning woman) that can refer to either of two related concepts about gender: the mixing of masculine and feminine characteristics, as in fashion statements; or the balance of "anima and animus" in psychoanalytic theory.

Genderqueer:

Wikipedia
Genderqueer and intergender are catchall terms for gender identities other than man and woman. People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as being both male and female, as being neither male nor female, or as falling completely outside the gender binary. Some wish to have certain features of the opposite sex and not all characteristics; others want it all.

Some genderqueer people see their identity as one of many possible genders other than male or female, while others see "genderqueer" as an umbrella term that encompasses all of those possible genders. Still others see "genderqueer" as a third gender to complement the traditional two, while others identify as genderless or agender. Genderqueer people are united by their rejection of the notion that there are only two genders. The term "genderqueer" can also be used as an adjective to refer to any people who transgress gender, regardless of their self-defined gender identity (see Alternate Meanings, below).

[********]
[******** refers to the self-conscious effort to "******** with" or play with traditional notions of gender identity, gender roles, and gender presentation. It falls under the umbrella of the transgender spectrum.
If you have any suggestions for more information just let me know!

User Image

User Image

User Image I am in love with

Ø ƨ ȼ α Г Ш ϊ ł Ԁ Σ
User Image

Ø ƨ ȼ α Г Ш ϊ ł Ԁ Σ
User Image

Ø ƨ ȼ α Г Ш ϊ ł Ԁ Σ
User Image

Ø ƨ ȼ α Г Ш ϊ ł Ԁ Σ
User Image

sourpio's Fangirl

Anxious Fatcat

Hello there! C:

Hello, So Kawaiiiii!

Ø ƨ ȼ α Г Ш ϊ ł Ԁ Σ
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items