Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you be willing to buy a physical (bound) manga of BOWBS?

Yes! I love this comic. =D 0.2943143812709 29.4% [ 88 ]
Maybe, if I have the money. 0.16722408026756 16.7% [ 50 ]
No, I'm fine with reading it online. 0.073578595317726 7.4% [ 22 ]
Only if it has a big difference with the online version. 0.05685618729097 5.7% [ 17 ]
Only if you'll be giving away goodies for the purchase. 0.036789297658863 3.7% [ 11 ]
Don't know what you're talking about. 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 26 ]
POWL HOAR! 0.28428093645485 28.4% [ 85 ]
Total Votes:[ 299 ]

Dapper Phantom

Haha.
Hey, Bella, have you seen all of Hobbit?

Friendly Gaian

12,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
euclids_triangle
Haha.
Hey, Bella, have you seen all of Hobbit?

Yes I have! What did you think?

Dapper Phantom

Belladona Nightshade

Still on the iffy side of Desolation (extended edition was worth waiting to buy), but I think Five Armies wrapped up well. LOVED Bard. I wanted to kick the elves for ruining a perfectly good shield wall, but it showed that the two armies were grand standing each other. Richard Armitage's Thorin really showed well in the final battle. I gotta admit... when *spoiler* Kili died, it was a mighty bit melodramatic... My mom smacked me for every "Kili: Tauriellllll! Tauriel: Killiiiiiii! Kili: *coughgag* T...Tauri... ellllllll Tauriel: *sobbing* Killiiiiiii" I did in her ear. xd *end spoiler* Actually, Kili really was quite a screen-hog in comparison to his brother...

What did you think?

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
XD I liked the movies.

Dapper Phantom

Reoakee
XD I liked the movies.

Fav part?

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
Greetings everyone! *smiles*

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
euclids_triangle
Reoakee
XD I liked the movies.

Fav part?
Smaug. all of Smaug. <3 start to end. I loved so many other things but anytime someone says the hobbit. I instantly flash to Smaug.

Dapper Phantom

*waves to Usako* Hey!

Reoakee
Smaug. all of Smaug. <3 start to end. I loved so many other things but anytime someone says the hobbit. I instantly flash to Smaug.

*nods* Bandicoot Cabbagepatch did a fabulous job on him. The movement, the voice, the attitude. All very well done. I loved his moments at Laketown.

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
mmm yes <3 Just how well all of it was done. the flying the fire XD I could go on about it but that's just inviting to many spoilers

Friendly Gaian

12,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
euclids_triangle
Belladona Nightshade

Still on the iffy side of Desolation (extended edition was worth waiting to buy), but I think Five Armies wrapped up well. LOVED Bard. I wanted to kick the elves for ruining a perfectly good shield wall, but it showed that the two armies were grand standing each other. Richard Armitage's Thorin really showed well in the final battle. I gotta admit... when *spoiler* Kili died, it was a mighty bit melodramatic... My mom smacked me for every "Kili: Tauriellllll! Tauriel: Killiiiiiii! Kili: *coughgag* T...Tauri... ellllllll Tauriel: *sobbing* Killiiiiiii" I did in her ear. xd *end spoiler* Actually, Kili really was quite a screen-hog in comparison to his brother...

What did you think?

My overview of it all was:
1st movie: LOVED IT. LOVED ALL OF IT.

2nd movie: Not a fan of the made-up love story, didn't care for all the additional Gandalf storyline add ons either. Maybe I'm a purist but it's weird learning about a storyline that has already been made into 3 movies like a gajillion years ago. I mean, yay for an additional female characters but she really didn't need to be used for a love story. Meh.

3rd movie: The flow of the whole movie was rather good (for a part of the story that was literally 2 pages). I honestly didn't see time go by because the battles were rather interesting and well executed. I agree, Fili took a lot of the show but I think that the Thorin wanking surpassed it... in a good way. Also: SUPER LEGOLAS, master of knowing things that will help him fight before they happen!! Like falling columns that will NOT shatter but turn into bridges! Stones falling on juuuuust the right places for him to float around like a pixie... but you know... I still really liked all that. LOL

All and all... i still think they could have done it in 2 movies. XP

Friendly Gaian

12,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
LadyUsako
Greetings everyone! *smiles*

hello!

Dapper Phantom

Belladona Nightshade

My overview of it all was:
1st movie: LOVED IT. LOVED ALL OF IT.

2nd movie: Not a fan of the made-up love story, didn't care for all the additional Gandalf storyline add ons either. Maybe I'm a purist but it's weird learning about a storyline that has already been made into 3 movies like a gajillion years ago. I mean, yay for an additional female characters but she really didn't need to be used for a love story. Meh.

3rd movie: The flow of the whole movie was rather good (for a part of the story that was literally 2 pages). I honestly didn't see time go by because the battles were rather interesting and well executed. I agree, Fili took a lot of the show but I think that the Thorin wanking surpassed it... in a good way. Also: SUPER LEGOLAS, master of knowing things that will help him fight before they happen!! Like falling columns that will NOT shatter but turn into bridges! Stones falling on juuuuust the right places for him to float around like a pixie... but you know... I still really liked all that. LOL

All and all... i still think they could have done it in 2 movies. XP

Agreed on the two movies thing. Even if each were four hours long, *I* would have watched it. Second movie was definitely wanting. If it weren't for the BATTLE THE DRAGON INSIDE THE MOUNTAIN scene, the movie would have been quite a bit shorter. I rather liked seeing the White Council parts, though. Gandalf frequently and abruptly leaves without explanation in the book. Now we have a clear, non-look-it-up-in-the-appendix portrayal. This set it up better for a marathon run, I think.

Oh gosh... SUPER LEGOLAS may have accidentally upstaged himself. Take down an oliphant later? Psh. Why not? Heck, he probably could have taken out the cave troll by himself without the others distracting it and Aragorn sealing its windpipes.

WHY DIDN'T THE TROLLS TURN TO STONE? Sauron wasn't providing protection from the sun. TROLLS like sun even LESS than orcs because SUNLIGHT TURNS THEM TO STONE. *flails on floor*

Still an awesome conclusion to the series. Will be doing a HUGE marathon at some point in my future. Likely after Five Armies has its extended edition out. (Why do people buy the theater releases??)
So very many feels about the hobbit. I've been trying to get out and watch it again but can't get my mom in law to keep the kids. Even though Legolas wasn't meant to be in it i felt like a teenager mooning over him again. The love story was awesome though. Me and my mom literally cried at the end. Thorin is sexy. That is all.

Dapper Phantom

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces