see u next tuesday
Can I just say

Women

Make up an approximate 48% of the gamer demographic

Can everyone

Get

The

Over women playing videogames
yes but can women play video games aimed at their demographic? Or can men stop making games aimed at the 17% of less-than-18-year-olds demographic for the 100% of the market? That second rhetoric is by no means backed by any factual evidence; if you have any information on that end, please feel free to correct me.

What's your point man, women and men can play whatever games their heart desires regardless of what demographic it's marketed to, yes the gaming industry as a whole need to wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to producing games directly for women but it doesn't mean every woman out there is stuck playing Barbie's Island Adventures or whatever it is you're suggesting they do

Girl-Crazy Grabber

2pound
see u next tuesday
Can I just say

Women

Can everyone

Get

The

yes but can women play video games aimed at their demographic? Or can men stop making games aimed at the 17% of less-than-18-year-olds demographic for the 100% of the market? That second rhetoric is by no means backed by any factual evidence; if you have any information on that end, please feel free to correct me.
I don't know any women who consider "video games aimed at their demographic" to actually be "aimed at their demographic". ijs.

Besides, suggesting many games aren't "aimed at their demographic" is rather sexist, actually.

How come Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Dragon Age, Mass Effect couldn't be "aimed at their demographic"?
see u next tuesday
2pound
can women play video games aimed at their demographic? Or can men stop making games aimed at the 17% of less-than-18-year-olds demographic for the 100% of the market? That second rhetoric is by no means backed by any factual evidence; if you have any information on that end, please feel free to correct me.

it doesn't mean every woman out there is stuck playing Barbie's Island Adventures
I've never heard of Barbie's Island Adventure but you imply that the demographic for that game is women and not children. That makes your claim that "women and men can play whatever their heart desires" hypocritical because you think that games with Barbie in it are for women and not children; the closest thing to the game you mentioned, I think, is this game which is rated E for Everyone not W fo Women.

Besides that, my previous rhetoric is flawed anyways because I can't support anything it claims with facts. How about this one? How many great games for men and women support feminism?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

2pound
see u next tuesday
2pound
can women play video games aimed at their demographic? Or can men stop making games aimed at the 17% of less-than-18-year-olds demographic for the 100% of the market? That second rhetoric is by no means backed by any factual evidence; if you have any information on that end, please feel free to correct me.

it doesn't mean every woman out there is stuck playing Barbie's Island Adventures
I've never heard of Barbie's Island Adventure but you imply that the demographic for that game is women and not children. That makes your claim that "women and men can play whatever their heart desires" hypocritical because you think that games with Barbie in it are for women and not children; the closest thing to the game you mentioned, I think, is this game which is rated E for Everyone not W fo Women.

Besides that, my previous rhetoric is flawed anyways because I can't support anything it claims with facts. How about this one? How many great games for men and women support feminism?
Any game in which a female is the hero, or can be the hero (Fable, etc.).

Bayonetta's a good example.
Suincunemon
President of the End
you ever have sex with a black guy?

No I have not.
s**t you must be ugly and fat
Raven Prime
2pound
How many great games for men and women support feminism?

Well, I have never played Bayonetta or Fable so this is a good topic of discussion for people to argue whether or not Bayonetta is a feminist game; I haven't completely understood this article but it seems like Bayonetta may not be a good example of a female character; people who have played the game should voice their opinion on this matter. (new thread?)

Raven Prime
2pound
see u next tuesday
Can I just say

Women

Can everyone

Get

The

I don't know any women who consider "video games aimed at their demographic" to actually be "aimed at their demographic". ijs.

Besides, suggesting many games aren't "aimed at their demographic" is rather sexist, actually.

How come Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Dragon Age, Mass Effect couldn't be "aimed at their demographic"?
You're right and I apologize for offending anybody.

I assumed the majority of games out where sexist because of gender-stereotypes like for example I've only played DMC in the games you listed. I wish you could play as Trish and save Dante instead of the gender stereotype Dante (the hero) saves Trish (who is first a seductress, then a betrayer, and then a damsel in distress).

Girl-Crazy Grabber

2pound
Raven Prime
2pound
How many great games for men and women support feminism?

Well, I have never played Bayonetta or Fable so this is a good topic of discussion for people to argue whether or not Bayonetta is a feminist game; I haven't completely understood this article but it seems like Bayonetta may not be a good example of a female character; people who have played the game should voice their opinion on this matter. (new thread?)
Depends entirely upon how someone chooses to look at it.

If they see her prancing and posing and sexualization and stop right there, they might think she's a bad example.

But if they're not shallow, they'd see that she's powerful (she defeats "God" wink , she's self-sufficient (she saves the man of the story repeatedly and does almost everything alone), she's confident (there is no quivering over "can I do this", there is just "I can do this and if you think I can't be ready to be proven wrong" wink , and above all that she's comfortable enough in her own sexuality and her body to be able to pose like that.

I challenge you to find me any feminist who thinks that a powerful, self-sufficient, confident woman is a BAD role model.

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
15 pages
218 post
2 days
Why is this still here?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

The Enforcer666
15 pages
218 post
2 days
Why is this still here?
Because this is the VGD post-Godeau/Beramode.

Y'know, I don't know if they were the ones doing all the work, but it seems pretty coincidental that after they left, this place became pretty much barren of moderation.

Fanatical Prophet

President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End

No I have not.
As long as she's white they'll still give her a pass. You have to know the politics of the Black People.

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End

No I have not.

Yeah I guess.
Priestess Resira
President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End

No I have not.
As long as she's white they'll still give her a pass. You have to know the politics of the Black People.
Blonde with a huge a**
Suincunemon
President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End

No I have not.

Yeah I guess.
I hate to brake it to you just because you give blow jobs for money inside a store the sells games doesnt mean you work there.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End
Suincunemon
President of the End

No I have not.

Yeah I guess.
I hate to brake it to you just because you give blow jobs for money inside a store the sells games doesnt mean you work there.
It doesn't?

s**t. Guess I should stop telling people I work at Bioware.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff