• The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Well of course they wouldn't when they know you'd just freak out at them.

You scared them all off.

Sure.
Still, you didn't answer my question. What makes you think you're qualified to make this thread?

What makes you think anything you could tell anybody on this forum is any more useful than anything anybody could find out on their own?

The only thing you could tell us about that anyone couldn't just google are things relevant to you and your personal experience, but you're not a game, so discussion about you is irrelevant to the forum as a whole.

Unless you are a game. One which I would not buy and would give a 1/10.

I thought this thread would be fun.
But with people like you coming here has ruined it.
I really don't care about your opinion. It's great that you've put it out there, but maybe someone else will give a s**t. I don't. You've been rude to me and I don't appreciate it.
Actually, I've asked you questions in a pretty straightforward, if blunt, manner. You might not have wanted to hear it, but that doesn't necessarily make it rude. I asked you straight up what your reasoning was for thinking you deserved to make this thread over anybody else on the forum, particularly given the fact that threads like this are pretty much directly disallowed in the rules (Guru threads/general topics).

You, on the other hand, immediately jumped to swearing at me and attacking me. That's pretty damn rude too.

Which is funny because as a person who works in a job where customer service is important (I assume you don't just like... work the back room or something), you'd think you'd be a little bit better at dealing with someone you don't necessarily like without jumping to swearing immediately.

Hahaha but it's gaia. Nobody cares. I'm not dealing with customers. I'm just dealing with other people on this site.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Well of course they wouldn't when they know you'd just freak out at them.

You scared them all off.

Sure.
Still, you didn't answer my question. What makes you think you're qualified to make this thread?

What makes you think anything you could tell anybody on this forum is any more useful than anything anybody could find out on their own?

The only thing you could tell us about that anyone couldn't just google are things relevant to you and your personal experience, but you're not a game, so discussion about you is irrelevant to the forum as a whole.

I really don't care about your opinion. It's great that you've put it out there, but maybe someone else will give a s**t. I don't. You've been rude to me and I don't appreciate it.
Actually, I've asked you questions in a pretty straightforward, if blunt, manner. You might not have wanted to hear it, but that doesn't necessarily make it rude. I asked you straight up what your reasoning was for thinking you deserved to make this thread over anybody else on the forum, particularly given the fact that threads like this are pretty much directly disallowed in the rules (Guru threads/general topics).

You, on the other hand, immediately jumped to swearing at me and attacking me. That's pretty damn rude too.

Which is funny because as a person who works in a job where customer service is important (I assume you don't just like... work the back room or something), you'd think you'd be a little bit better at dealing with someone you don't necessarily like without jumping to swearing immediately.

Hahaha but it's gaia. Nobody cares. I'm not dealing with customers. I'm just dealing with other people on this site.
So in other words, your only reason for being polite to people is money?

Huh.

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime

Huh.

If that's what you choose to think.

I could have been nice to you, but you weren't exactly the nice guy coming in here. Even though you say you were just being blunt and up front with your questions, I found them offensive.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime

Huh.

I could have been nice to you, but you weren't exactly the nice guy coming in here. Even though you say you were just being blunt and up front with your questions, I found them offensive.
And instead of trying to answer them in a satisfactory way, you jumped to swearing at me, leading me to believe that you just plain didn't have any decent answers.

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime

Huh.

And instead of trying to answer them in a satisfactory way, you jumped to swearing at me, leading me to believe that you just plain didn't have any decent answers.

I don't feel the need to prove myself to you.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime
Suincunemon
Raven Prime

Huh.

Seems odd that you've spent this long trying to justify your own rudeness, then.

I'm merely trying to find out why you couldn't answer a simple question (why you felt that you deserved this thread over anybody else in the forum). For all I cared, you could have ignored all the other questions (most were just joke questions anyways, if you couldn't tell) and just answered the first one.

So far as I can tell, it's because you don't feel like you "need to prove yourself", which leads me to think that you just have an inflated sense of self-worth.

So, in essence, and in many more posts than necessary, I guess you indirectly answered my question. You put yourself on a pedestal, for God knows why, maybe v****a-related, maybe job-related, maybe just self-importance, and think that you're above everyone else, which is why you "don't need to prove yourself" to little peasants like myself or anyone who asks about your reasoning behind making this thread.

Wheezing Smoker

8,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
her u go i thot ud lik dis

User Image

Bashful Flatterer

What makes you so special? Just because you recently started working at a second rate game store doesn't mean you know any more than me or any other guy / girl on this forum. I'm studying game design and I bet I could talk a whole lot more about games than you, I could probably sell them a lot better too, I've done it before wink If you think you're in a cool gaming community and that you're so special because you work at a game store you really shouldn't. Go attention seek on CB.. there are tons of boys who would love to chat you about your fantastic job there.

Bashful Flatterer

Suincunemon
2pound
Do you feel women are represented positively "enough" or at all in video games?

Not really. I think that because there are so many more guys that play videogames they don't really care if women are represented positively through the games.

I'm just going to continue through this forum and point out everything that's wrong with supposed girl gamers like you! You give people like me that love video games a bad rap. Women aren't represented positively enough in the gaming industry. You should be ashamed of yourself, go sell your supposed copied of Arkham Asylum and your xbox or whatever. The gaming community is better off without people like you.
haha, this thread distracted me from my Ethics paper.

At 4:20 in the morning.

Requimortis and Karasu put on a grand show.

Blessed Poster

Suincunemon
Even though you say you were just being blunt and up front with your questions, I found them offensive.

That is your problem not raven's.

You choose to be offended by what is really a straightforward question.
Suincunemon
You don't have to prove yourself to anybody, except an admin if asked what your reasoning for making this thread is, which in my opinion should be Grrl power! Seriously. This thread is technically breaking the rules; there's hardly any set topic of discussion; it's "general discussion" and those kinds of topic are not allowed.

However, I've kept it to the "females are misrepresented" subject matter; even then, I don't think I'm any more right for posting in a thread that isn't producing discussion about one topic or a themed topic; which is why we go back to the "Grrl power!" reasoning.

If you think about it, the only reason so many males posted could be that "you're a female gamer" and that in and of itself is "misogynistic" and maybe that's the reason why you posted this thread. In my opinion, this thread does have a subtle topic that isn't being talked about enough and it becomes even more relevant for that; females are misrepresented in video games, male gamers want attention from a female gamer, I've heard the term "girl gamer" being thrown around here and there, vaginas are now a topic of discussion/argument-based points in a video game discussion forum, etc. This all has to do with what I started to talk about with you. We didn't finish our conversation but my question still stands: How good do you consider yourself at you at BF3? This seems irrelevant but I have a point that actually connects to the Grrl power! "movement" in video games.

I propose to you, in order to make this thread a more discussion-based one, change your topic of discussion from "Ask a girl who works at a gaming store anything" to "Misogyny and other feminist related discussion in gaming" so that an admin doesn't soon move your topic to the Recycle Bin or Chatterbox and I encourage you to seek constructive criticism from others so that this topic stays relevant to the feminism-in-gaming themed subject matter and I encourage anyone else reading this post to be more productive in the discussion than just criticizing the OP for technically breaking the rules.

Disclaimer: I admit that I make assumptions based on circumstantial facts and/or assumptions and encourage anyone to correct me.

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
Can I just say

Women

Make up an approximate 48% of the gamer demographic

Can everyone

Get

The

Over women playing videogames
ZombiiePanic
Suincunemon
2pound
Do you feel women are represented positively "enough" or at all in video games?

Not really. I think that because there are so many more guys that play videogames they don't really care if women are represented positively through the games.

I'm just going to continue through this forum and point out everything that's wrong with supposed girl gamers like you! You give people like me that love video games a bad rap. Women aren't represented positively enough in the gaming industry. You should be ashamed of yourself, go sell your supposed copied of Arkham Asylum and your xbox or whatever. The gaming community is better off without people like you.
And why is that? I'm trying to help lower this negativity and help the community be more productive and intelligent.

So, why are we "better off" without people like her? Why should she be "ashamed" of herself? How is she giving you a "bad rap"?

This type of thinking comes from agreeing with others without having a good reason for your actions and thus hinder the feminists reputation yourself. You should elaborate on the "girl gamer" point and stop pointing fingers. This will help reduce the amount of babble in the forums and increase the amount of discussion and argument.
see u next tuesday
Can I just say

Women

Make up an approximate 48% of the gamer demographic

Can everyone

Get

The

Over women playing videogames
yes but can women play video games aimed at their demographic? Or can men stop making games aimed at the 17% of less-than-18-year-olds demographic for the 100% of the market? That second rhetoric is by no means backed by any factual evidence; if you have any information on that end, please feel free to correct me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff