Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I have enjoyed the Ginga franchise due to how unique it is having an entirely animal cast. Though Nagareboshi Gin suffered from some shonen cliches, it was made more interesting due to the fact that well... These were dogs using fighting techniques and gathering allies to fight the big bad. It was really damn interesting.

I want to know some more series with animal protagonists. Not funny animals, not anthros, not animal ears, not animals that turn into humans, not fictional animals along the lines of Pokemon, I mean animal animals.

Also, I am in the process of reading Gon, so don't say Gon either.

Shameless Stalker

Kawaii Shoujo

The only thing that I can think of is none other than Sgt Frog/Keroro Gunso.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Wyrn

Oh, forgot to mention I've already seen Chi's Sweet Home. That show's adorable. heart

fairy-phoenix
The only thing that I can think of is none other than Sgt Frog/Keroro Gunso.

*ahem*

Mitsuki the ninja

Not funny animals, not anthros

Invisible Gaian

Only anime that i could think of was Wolf's Rain. Main characters can turn into wolves, and trust me, it's one of the best anime out there! biggrin

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PandaLovingTaco
Only anime that i could think of was Wolf's Rain. Main characters can turn into wolves, and trust me, it's one of the best anime out there! biggrin
they don't turn into wolves, they ARE wolves, wolves that can take on a human seeming.

Invisible Gaian

Mugetsu Ookamiza
PandaLovingTaco
they don't turn into wolves, they ARE wolves, wolves that can take on a human seeming.

Bleh, same thing. Wolves are wolves. But, thanks for correcting me.

Fluffy Creature

I haven't watched either of these, but I stumbled upon some obscure titles that fit your criteria
White Heart Baekgu
Massugu ni Ikou

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Troy the confuzed

Massugu ni Ikou

Oh! I remember I saw this a long time ago. Thanks for reminding me of the name. As for White Heart Baekgu, I'll look at it.

Space Genius

Mikan Enikki- an anime about talking, orange cat and his animal buddies.

Wolf's rain- the main characters are wolves, who can turn into humans and they search for their paradise.

Jungle Book Shōnen Mowgli- the adventures of Mowgli, who is raised by wild animals living in jungle

Kimba- a story about white lion, something similar to Lion King.

Porco Rosso- anime movie from Studio Ghibli about a pig who was a pilot

Pom Poko- also Studio Ghibli work, about raccoons who want to save their forest from humans.

Mononoke hime- again Ghibli, a human girl lives with wolves and also protects her forest from evil, greedy humans.

Ponyo- again Ghibli, a story about a fish, which becames a little girl.

My neighbour Totoro- again Ghibli, a family moves to new village and the two girls make friends with gigant bear-alike creature, which they call Totoro.

Last unicorn- anime-alike story about unicorn princess.

Tonde Buurin Super Pig- anime about a girl who turns into magical warrior like Sailor Moon, but unlike to Usagi and other Sailor Senshi, she is a pig after her transformation.

Besides there are many anime with characters who have some animal features, like ears or tails. Those are Wolf and Spice, Di gi charat, Hyper Police, Inuyasha or Utawarerumono. And of course, there is Pokemon in which people catch and train weird animals with supernatural powers.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ciri z Cintry
Mikan Enikki- an anime about talking, orange cat and his animal buddies.

Wolfs rain- the main characters are wolves, who can turn into humans and they search for their paradise.

Jungle Book Shōnen Mowgli- the adventures of Mowgli, who is raised by wild animals living in jungle

Kimba- a story about white lion, something similar to Lion King.

Porco Rosso- anime movie from Studio Ghibli about a pig who was a pilot

Pom Poko- also Studio Ghibli work, about raccoons who want to save their forest from humans.

Mononoke hime- again Ghibli, a human girl lives with wolves and also protects her forest from evil, greedy humans.

Ponyo- again Ghibli, a story about a fish, which becames a little girl.

My neighbour Totoro- again Ghibli, a family moves to new village and the two girls make friends with gigant bear-alike creature, which they call Totoro.

Last unicorn- anime-alike story about unicorn princess.

Tonde Buurin Super Pig- anime about a girl who turns into magical warrior like Sailor Moon, but unlike to Usagi and other Sailor Senshi, she is a pig after her transformation.

Besides there are many anime with characters who have some animal features, like ears or tails. Those are Wolf and Spice, Di gi charat, Hyper Police, Inuyasha or Utawarerumono. And of course, there is Pokemon in which people catch and train weird animals with supernatural powers.
Did you read the full second paragraph of the first post?

Unforgiving Duelist

No one mentioned Cat s**t One? (yes, that really is the title)

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Vittoria Daisuke
No one mentioned Cat s**t One? (yes, that really is the title)
I was about to say it too. It's about the Vietnam War with the countries' citizens represented by animals. They might be too anthro for Mitsuki, though.

I like Gon too. It's a comedy about a dinosaur and woodland critters.

Maybe something on this list will interest you?
http://doubutsu-anime-fans.deviantart.com/journal/Licensed-Doubutsu-Manga-A-Nifty-List-297247017

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ringing Bell/Chirin no Suzu may be something you'd find interesting. and Arashi no Yoru ni as well. Arashi no Yoru ni has a movie and this season is getting a TV anime adaption so you have two options for that. Chirin no Suzu is just a movie (and an older one, I first watched it back in the 80's because the VHS box said it was by the same studio that did Unico, Sanrio, so you'd think it'd be a nice fluffy kid movie being as it's made by the studio that makes Hello Kitty... quite frankly, tho, for a little kid Bambi would have been less of a shocker - it was still good tho).
Not anime, but Plague Dogs. Hope it fits your tastes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff