Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
I've watched the movie 11 11 11 in the past, and I thought of times when people would accuse and judge people and things out of intimidation and appearance.

If you watched the movie, you would know that the people or "angels" who were there to ensure rapture appeared as evil or demons. Blah blah...

That stirred a thought... Making me think of the Vatican sealing away documents. What if there is more to it? Already religion in a modern aspect is people quoting the bible ti serve their own feelings and to make others, through god, feel like they aren't doing what they should in life. Questioning religion is normally combatted with being godless, or stirring others' faith.

I just want to, at the least, bounce ideas off of you all...
What if there is more to religion and the past then they wish to share.
I'd if the Vatican serves a darker purpose... Hiding ancient scriptures and taunting the truth.

... Don't get me wrong, the ideals and morals that the bible and such teach are great... Yet I am torn that such a tale of something that is supposed to be infallible is so hidden... I even saw news on a book from the past written in an old language being worth millions just for a page copied... Just copied. That proves to me that a lot of people seek an unknown truth!

It's a great tale to believe... Like Santa Claus... But in the end, what us the truth, what is hiding? It makes ne doubt religion even more. Do any of you feel how I feel about this? Does someone know what I dont?

Share the knowledge, because I want to know what the purpose of this is, at this rate, life will progress beyond necessary, and yet the true story and history is not known. Is there a greater cause, or a religious point to live? Especially now since morals and values are shades of grey and people have lost their shame and discipline...
Most people aren't ready to know the truth. Therefore it's only natural to hide things from them.
Just to be clear, you are actually talking about Christianity and not every religion right? If it's just Christianity, then you should state that instead of saying religion.

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
deadmanjay
Just to be clear, you are actually talking about Christianity and not every religion right? If it's just Christianity, then you should state that instead of saying religion.
the vatican is catholic though... Isn't it?

Adored Admirer

Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

And Catholics are Christians.
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

Catholics are Christians which still means you are just talking about one religion.

To answer your question: There are hundred of rumors as to what is supposedly in the Vatican. Anything from Jesus' actual robe, to an extra-terrestial that helped build the pyramid, to even the body of Mary of Magdalene. Now, if the Vatican were to allow people to come in and look around, and they didn't find all of this supposed hidden mystery stuff, what then? It would probably be like Area 51 in which people still think that hundred of stuff is hidden from them and they really want the truth damnit. However, since the mass can be moronic, there would still be people that don't believe that there wasn't as much as they thought. Old Bibles from the early days just aren't good enough for some and thus, the truth to them, would still be a mystery. So would their ******** brains, but I digress.

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

Catholics are Christians which still means you are just talking about one religion.

To answer your question: There are hundred of rumors as to what is supposedly in the Vatican. Anything from Jesus' actual robe, to an extra-terrestial that helped build the pyramid, to even the body of Mary of Magdalene. Now, if the Vatican were to allow people to come in and look around, and they didn't find all of this supposed hidden mystery stuff, what then? It would probably be like Area 51 in which people still think that hundred of stuff is hidden from them and they really want the truth damnit. However, since the mass can be moronic, there would still be people that don't believe that there wasn't as much as they thought. Old Bibles from the early days just aren't good enough for some and thus, the truth to them, would still be a mystery. So would their ******** brains, but I digress.
but why seize such things? It's almost as if they are controlling a disease... The new form of knowledge and truth to the past... I have no quarrel with marching forward, but I tree that doesn't know of its roots has no idea why they're alive...

I get how the mass sway and swerve at tidbits of information, rumors or no... But what could such knowledge do when shared with a smaller body? Only people who lie and cheat hide the truth... I understand the fact of sheltering us all from harsh realities... But even if we were to see the worst... What is the bible? It teaches us how to be better and care, and learn with a heart... AT THE LEAST... So I'm still uncertain as of why It's felt the need to be kept over our heads... And as one person said above, "some people aren't ready for the truth" why should someone decide when we are ready? We spend our entire lives trying to prove ourselves, yet we can never achieve the base of our lifelong struggle... To find... It, everything.

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
dare mo imasen
Most people aren't ready to know the truth. Therefore it's only natural to hide things from them.
that's why people die without the slightest idea of what's real huh?
Xedhadeaus

People die because they die. Knowing what's real and what's not will not change their fate.

There was a time in history, when individuals [A] tried to educate the mass. At first it looked promising. But then, others (B) started doing the same thing. Long story short: "truth became lies. Lies became truth." One part of the mass said "[A] is spreading lies". The other said "(B) is spreading lies". Because of this [A] decided to move "underground" to guard their knowledge.

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
dare mo imasen
Xedhadeaus

People die because they die. Knowing what's real and what's not will not change their fate.

There was a time in history, when individuals [A] tried to educate the mass. At first it looked promising. But then, others (B) started doing the same thing. Long story short: "truth became lies. Lies became truth." One part of the mass said "[A] is spreading lies". The other said "(B) is spreading lies". Because of this [A] decided to move "underground" to guard their knowledge.

I know tons about that... Ignorance is bliss, but that being said, why teach of racism? Sexism? Hatred without any concrete reason? Why teach of ambition and disrespect? Prejudice and lies, deceit? These are additional things we all could do without... Yet the former stands...

And I heard something a troll was saying... Jesus told someone to count them (people of Israel) then under it it said Satan told the same man to do the same... Perhaps the two differ, but my point before is that the bible teaches us to be better people irregardless of the differing stories... I guess in the end it only amounts to who we are getting on our knees for...
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

but why seize such things? It's almost as if they are controlling a disease... The new form of knowledge and truth to the past... I have no quarrel with marching forward, but I tree that doesn't know of its roots has no idea why they're alive...

I get how the mass sway and swerve at tidbits of information, rumors or no... But what could such knowledge do when shared with a smaller body? Only people who lie and cheat hide the truth... I understand the fact of sheltering us all from harsh realities... But even if we were to see the worst... What is the bible? It teaches us how to be better and care, and learn with a heart... AT THE LEAST... So I'm still uncertain as of why It's felt the need to be kept over our heads... And as one person said above, "some people aren't ready for the truth" why should someone decide when we are ready? We spend our entire lives trying to prove ourselves, yet we can never achieve the base of our lifelong struggle... To find... It, everything.

You are trying to play conspiracy theory and philosophy way too much. Out of all that, you got that they really are hiding something? If all they have is older bibles,which they have admitted a little of, why does the public need to see it? That s**t is old and would probably crumble if some snot nosed little moron touched it. That would be if they didn't have an armed guard ready to shoot said snot nosed moron with extreme prejudice.
Xedhadeaus

I know tons about that... Ignorance is bliss, but that being said, why teach of racism? Sexism? Hatred without any concrete reason? Why teach of ambition and disrespect? Prejudice and lies, deceit? These are additional things we all could do without... Yet the former stands...

Knowledge is neutral. I think Buddha said: Don't blindly believe what I say. Don't believe me, nor another, based on how others convince you with words. Don't believe anything you read or hear, whether of tradition, authority, religious teachers or texts. Neither should you speculate, nor rely on logic alone. Don't be deceived by appearances. Find out for yourself what is true and virtuous. Abandon those things that lead to pain and suffering.

Quote:

And I heard something a troll was saying... Jesus told someone to count them (people of Israel) then under it it said Satan told the same man to do the same... Perhaps the two differ, but my point before is that the bible teaches us to be better people irregardless of the differing stories... I guess in the end it only amounts to who we are getting on our knees for...

There was also a story about an angel telling someone to kill his son because God wanted it. When the person was prepared to do the work, God stopped him. So the question was if someone came and told you to kill your son because God told them, would you do it?

Here are two quotes from Zeitgeist:
The whole system that we live in drills into us that we’re powerless, that we’re weak, that our society is evil, that’s its fragmented. It's all a big fat lie. We are powerful, beautiful, extraordinary. There is no reason why cannot understand who we truly are, where we are going. There is no reason why the average individual cannot be fully empowered. We are incredibly powerful beings.

In our culture we’ve been trained for individual differences to stand out. So you look at each person and immediately you think brighter, dumber, older, younger, richer, poorer, and we make all these dimensional distinctions, put them into categories and treat them that way. And we get so we only see others as separate from ourselves and the ways in which they’re separate. And one of the dramatic characteristics of experience is being with another person and suddenly seeing the ways they are like you, not different from you. And experiencing the fact that that which is essence in you, and is essence in you, is indeed one. The understanding that there is no other. It is all one

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

You are trying to play conspiracy theory and philosophy way too much. Out of all that, you got that they really are hiding something? If all they have is older bibles,which they have admitted a little of, why does the public need to see it? That s**t is old and would probably crumble if some snot nosed little moron touched it. That would be if they didn't have an armed guard ready to shoot said snot nosed moron with extreme prejudice.
but didn't you just argue they had more? Or claimed to have more?

And the public seeing it really shouldn't be a concern... If they're just really old bibles and such, why would they need to be read and studied in secrecy. Like other things and artifacts... Some are out to be viewed, not touched and drooled over but to be seen.

Books like the hunters guide... Talking about the legend of Dante and sparda, vergil and etc... Are also in the Vatican... So not just bibles are there though it is religious.

And it sounds like the fact that people at the Vatican could retaliate against others is justifiable to you... A religion that is otherwise peaceful and nonviolent going out of their way to harm someone they could have just prohibited from entering...

Admit it, you already hinted at having a sour outlook toward people's minds, and now you think a careless civilian being shot is... Forget it, I'll just hope for a second opinion.
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay
Xedhadeaus
deadmanjay

but didn't you just argue they had more? Or claimed to have more?

And the public seeing it really shouldn't be a concern... If they're just really old bibles and such, why would they need to be read and studied in secrecy. Like other things and artifacts... Some are out to be viewed, not touched and drooled over but to be seen.

Books like the hunters guide... Talking about the legend of Dante and sparda, vergil and etc... Are also in the Vatican... So not just bibles are there though it is religious.

And it sounds like the fact that people at the Vatican could retaliate against others is justifiable to you... A religion that is otherwise peaceful and nonviolent going out of their way to harm someone they could have just prohibited from entering...

Admit it, you already hinted at having a sour outlook toward people's minds, and now you think a careless civilian being shot is... Forget it, I'll just hope for a second opinion.

So apparently you can't read and understand that people making claims of something doesn't mean that that something exists. Good luck in other, less demanding forums.

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
dare mo imasen
Xedhadeaus

Knowledge is neutral. I think Buddha said: Don't blindly believe what I say. Don't believe me, nor another, based on how others convince you with words. Don't believe anything you read or hear, whether of tradition, authority, religious teachers or texts. Neither should you speculate, nor rely on logic alone. Don't be deceived by appearances. Find out for yourself what is true and virtuous. Abandon those things that lead to pain and suffering.

Quote:

There was also a story about an angel telling someone to kill his son because God wanted it. When the person was prepared to do the work, God stopped him. So the question was if someone came and told you to kill your son because God told them, would you do it?

Here are two quotes from Zeitgeist:
The whole system that we live in drills into us that we’re powerless, that we’re weak, that our society is evil, that’s its fragmented. It's all a big fat lie. We are powerful, beautiful, extraordinary. There is no reason why cannot understand who we truly are, where we are going. There is no reason why the average individual cannot be fully empowered. We are incredibly powerful beings.

In our culture we’ve been trained for individual differences to stand out. So you look at each person and immediately you think brighter, dumber, older, younger, richer, poorer, and we make all these dimensional distinctions, put them into categories and treat them that way. And we get so we only see others as separate from ourselves and the ways in which they’re separate. And one of the dramatic characteristics of experience is being with another person and suddenly seeing the ways they are like you, not different from you. And experiencing the fact that that which is essence in you, and is essence in you, is indeed one. The understanding that there is no other. It is all one

The first part was a rebuttal toward the statement saying past knowledge was not taught due to people repeating history or agreeing with what has already been deemed wrong... The things I mentioned up there do the same, yet are taught...

If I was given sufficcent evidence that god was real and did in fact want me to do it... I would sit down and tell my son about it before doing it... And I would be willing to accept the responsibility of being condemned by fault... Because I would do the same to myself if asked.

Seeing people for what they are and not how they appear isn't hard... Especially online... Because more than most, people behave how they want to be seen, or how they can't normally behave due to having to regret and atone for the things they say or do... I do agree when you say people are one and the same... If everyone lived the same life, talked to the same people and did exactly the same things as others with no outside guide... We would all be the same more or less, genetics would be the main factor in differences. We are the same... But the choices we have and make make us different, not how we look. When I look at others, I potentially think that that could just as well be me if I didn't have the life I did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff