Welcome to Gaia! ::

how come it's not alright to advertise cigarettes, but it's alright to advertise alcohol? alcohol kills more people than smoking.
remourleia
how come it's not alright to advertise cigarettes, but it's alright to advertise alcohol? alcohol kills more people than smoking.

Because it's socially acceptable to drink, but society has been brainwashed by anti-tobacco campaigns. It's the same in the states.

My mom flipped her s**t when she found out I smoke cigarettes, even though I only smoked twice a month or so at the time. I was turning 18 like the next day. She went on an on about how I'm going to get addicted, and how I'm self destructive, and all the typical s**t. About a month later we found out her liver was ******** up because she drank too much. The damage wasn't permanent, but she continued to drink, even during the healing process. She doesn't see the double standard, and gets offended when I tell her she shouldn't drink as much.

Social programming's a b***h. :/
funwithforkz
remourleia

Because it's socially acceptable to drink, but society has been brainwashed by anti-tobacco campaigns. It's the same in the states.

My mom flipped her s**t when she found out I smoke cigarettes, even though I only smoked twice a month or so at the time. I was turning 18 like the next day. She went on an on about how I'm going to get addicted, and how I'm self destructive, and all the typical s**t. About a month later we found out her liver was ******** up because she drank too much. The damage wasn't permanent, but she continued to drink, even during the healing process. She doesn't see the double standard, and gets offended when I tell her she shouldn't drink as much.

Social programming's a b***h. :/

******** that. i don't smoke, but i'd much rather be around someone who smokes than someone who's drunk. at least you can still function normally on nicotine.

Liberal Regular

Second hand smoke kills/causes diseases in non-smoking people and most smokers are inconsiderate jerks who smoke directly outside doors and transit terminals even though they're not supposed to.

Alcohol kills other people indirectly, through inebriation of driving cars drunks and s**t.

Amorous Visionary

17,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Bane of Ezekiel
Second hand smoke kills/causes diseases in non-smoking people and most smokers are inconsiderate jerks who smoke directly outside doors and transit terminals even though they're not supposed to.

Alcohol kills other people indirectly, through inebriation of driving cars drunks and s**t.

lung cancer is the number one cancer killer of non-smokers. it's mostly caused by all the chemicals we use, such as our dryer sheets, air fresheners, and scented candles, so those shouldn't be allowed to be advertised either.
alcohol is pretty high in relations to death of people in their teens and early twenties.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff