Welcome to Gaia! ::

Last Knight Standing's Significant Otter

Shirtless Wizard

Just A Bit Witchy

I never really left tbh lmao. Been lurking all this time.
ninja

But also, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING HERE AGAIN!!!!
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Lol, good to be back! This is the only account I have access to, which is kinda disappointing. Was wanting to go back through a bunch of old rp, and there was a lot in PMs in addition to the public posts. Very sad.

Incredible Witch

Planck`s_Constant
holy ******** y'all are not dead?
~dies~

I never really left tbh lmao. Been lurking all this time.
ninja

But also, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING HERE AGAIN!!!!
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Last Knight Standing's Significant Otter

Shirtless Wizard

holy ******** y'all are not dead?
~dies~

Adventuring Dreamer

*Despite Daniel's and Vash's attempts to distract/calm her down, Heather is in full panic mode as she stares at her phone not connecting to anything. She can't make a call, can't text, can't do anything to contact her dad. She does answer Vash's question as she tries to do SOMETHING, hoping that maybe this time it will work?*
Th-that's my dad. He... He got hurt a few years ago, but he's doing better. He's suppose to be coming home from PT soon.
*Realizes that he might not know what that means, closes her eyes tight as her whole face scrunches up in distress for a moment. Opens her eyes again and tries again to send a text saying that she got invited to a spontaneous sleepover. Makes a distressed noise when it fails to connect and she now notices that her battery is at 62%*
Uh, PT is physical therapy.
I-I-I made breakfast for dinner as a surprise to him and Alasdair stole Dad's bacon since it's made from meat and not from tofu like mine and I chased after him and then I ended up here and and and and... Oh no! No no no no no!
*Failed to connect again and she's spiraling*

*Finally looks up at Daniel with a very panicked look as her voice cracks*
That's not the problem!
I ran away before and I went missing for 3 days! 3 months ago!
I don't wanna be the reason for Mom to fight with Dad again! She already doesn't want us because we're a burden!!
*Gasps and covers her mouth, realizing that she just let out one of her issues on these guys. Her eyes dart back and forth at each man in the room quickly, blinking rapidly as she starts to tear up*
I-I-I...

*She runs out of the room, she needs to get away for a moment. She can't believe she just did that...*

cat_eek

*Alasdair was going to make a comment about room service, but instead he's off after Heather. At least Ianto doesn't have to deal with his eldritch fey nonsense at the moment*

Dapper Humorist

*Stares in slack jawed horror as Alasdair just....kills and swallows a rat whole right in front of him. And then appears to remember his manners.* emotion_0A0

I'm...very much missing something. Aren't I? *Pinches himself gently. Ouch.* Shame, that would have explained a lot.

*Feels helpless to assist Heather. Jack would know what to do but Ianto...there's really not that much to offer except basic creature comforts.* The owner is remiss to have us eating in the public dinning area but I can slip into the kitchens and get us something proper to eat, and to drink, if there any requests?
*Luckily wasn't around to see that, Alasdair because he would have stopped it.* talk2hand

*Sits up straight when Daniel offers the food. Takes it in his hands like it's gold and bows his head respectfully like a doof.* I thank you for your kindness and generosity in these trying times. ✨✨🙏✨✨

*Then he rips off the wrapper and shoves the whole thing in his mouth in one go. Oops. Hopes nobody else wanted that one!* Mmmmff iff soo good! emotion_omnomnom

*Still chewing, looks over Heather's shoulder to see the picture on her primitive communications device phone. Because even if Vash is sitting somehow he's taller than everyone.*

Whoofff dat? *Once again, is purposefully acting the fool in order to distract her from her emotions, although he understands the gravity of the situation a little bit better when Daniel verbalizes wanting to go home. Vash swallows. Oh, that's right. Most people have someone who'se waiting and worrying for them back home, don't they? Surveys the room and recognizes the anxiety on everyone's faces for the first time.* ...

Newbie Explorer

*Trails behind Heather and Vash, following them up to the top of the Inn.* Well it's certainly...intimate.

*At the question of food Daniel pats down his fatigues until he finds a small protein bar in one of his pockets. Unwrapping it, he hands it to Vash.* Here you go. Should tied us over, for the moment. *Has a few more if anyone is interested in...government rations.*

*Notices Heather pull out her cellphone with a frown. Can guess what she's trying to do. After all, everyone of them is stuck here. Noting her reaction to being touched previously, Daniel tries to focus on being a comforting voice for now.* I know this a lot right now but you will make it back home, Heather. Whatever's happening right now, it's only temporary.

*Daniel, personally, doesn't plan on going anywhere now until he get to the bottom of this tablet nonsense but he realizes his anxiousness to talk about the Plants and the tablet is a lot for a homesick thirteen year old. Maybe Daniel would have better luck grilling the strange newcomer. What was his name again?*

Adventuring Dreamer

More Than Eye Candy
*A wooden sign swings out in front with the poorly carved picture of vomiting feline. Welcome to: The Drunken Cat!*

cat_stare

*Alasdair is unsure of whether to be amused or mildly insulted. Maybe both? Twitches his tail as he follows Ianto into the alley. His eyes dilate and widen at the whole cloak-and-dagger approach to entering, definitely interested in how that came to be and all of the secrets it could entail*
cat_ninja

*And once in the room... Oh, look at that! A meal for him! Drops the coin purse from his mouth and immediately pounces on the rat, instantly snapping its neck! To give it a quick death before Heather or Vash come in aka before they can stop him! With it dead, he throws it up in the air and opens his mouth much wider than a cat should open their jaw and swallows the rat whole. However, a bit of the tail sticks out of his mouth and with an embarrassed "mreep", he slurps it up like it's spaghetti*
Whoops! Pardon my manners!
cat_redface

Oh sorry, Daniel!
sweatdrop
*Heather allows herself to be herded to the Inn and absolutely hold Vash's hand the whole time, smiling widely at the sight they must be. There's some admiration for the ladies they pass by and she even gets a little starry-eyed as well as gets a mild blush on her freckled cheeks at how pretty they all look in their dresses...*
emotion_kirakira

*She giggles again at all of Vash's reactions to the Inn and then to the alley. Once they're in the room and he just collapses on the bed, she's still giggling... Until Vash asked his question and it reminds her...*
... Oh.
eek

*She came here chasing after Alasdair because he stole her dad's bacon that she cooked for him and possibly her mom if she finally decide to come back home maybe... But more importantly, her dad was suppose to come home soon and she's not there. It's finally dawning on her that she can't go home yet and that she might have to stay there for a night. Or for longer*

*Cue panic*
Oh, no. No, no, no, no...
*Mumbles under her breath as she pulls out her cellphone from the backpocket of her jeans, turning it on. The lockscreen is a picture of herself with an man with similar features to her and wearing a baseball jersey at a baseball field...And he's also sitting in a wheelchair. She opens up it up to try to see if she has either a wifi or just a signal in general, forgetting in her panic that it's not possible in this time period*

*She also has yet to realize that Jack hasn't come back...*
*Keeps acting the fool in order to make Heather laugh until Daniel decides it's Adult Time. * Oh right, Ha. Good point. sweatdrop *Vash casually scoops up any remaining coins and dumps them into the purse, pocketing it for now---with the intention of giving it back to Alasdair later.*

*Will offer his hand to Heather, if she likes, strolling through the streets of London in a giant red and a flower crown as if it's the most normal thing in the world.* heart *Is still taking the in sights of course: horses pulling carriages and ladies in big dresses. Is especially happy to see the pub on the first floor of the Inn. Practically attaches himself to the glass peering in at all the food and drink inside.* emotion_kirakira

*But then Ianto leads them all around the back and Vash is...devastated. His face looks like a hollowed out melon until they reach the rooms. Then he immediately flops onto a bed while his stomach growls. LOUDLY.*

Hey. Isn't there anything to eat around here? emotion_skull

Newbie Explorer

*Slightly amused that Alasdair is so emberrassed.* Practically speaking there's a very good reason for medieval kings swapping out coins with every reign. But I suppose if you were expecting to make good on your earnings after all that time....you'd be a little disappointed. *Admires them again.* In some ways, though, these are preserved pieces of history which makes them...priceless.

*But only to nerds like him.*

*Disappointed to hear that they may be stuck here for the night but agrees with Ianto it's best not to keep drawing attention to themselves out here in the open, although he is anxious to hear more about Heather's ideas regarding Plants and the tablet. Speaking of. Daniel lingers there for a moment, hoping to usher Heather and the new guy along.*

Hey uh, guys? We should probably get going. *Internal sigh. Honestly why does it feel like there's two teenagers here instead of one?*

Dapper Humorist

*Ianto stops in front of their Inn, a 3-storied building with a roof much in need of repair. A wooden sign swings out in front with the poorly carved picture of vomiting feline. Welcome to: The Drunken Cat!*

Hmm. Over 100 years and London never really changes does it? confused

*The first floor is a pub. Through the windows, people are clearly eating and drinking merrily, some sitting at the long polished bar along the right wall, others sitting at various tables, hunched over hot food and drinking dark ale. If they entered through the front door, there would be a young man in a polished suit and slicked back hair waiting to check them in. But Ianto strictly avoids that. Instead he leads anyone following around the back by ways of a dark fog-choked alley.*

*He knocks on the door, and after confirming Ianto is known by the owner they're ushered up a tight pair of servants steps, to the very top of the 3rd floor where theyre given 2 bedrooms for the night. Each room has 2 small cot-like beds and a lead-lined window with a chair beneath.*

*Conveniently (or inconveniently, depending on your take) the rooms are joined by a door. Ianto opens it up for now so the four (plus Alasdair) can speak freely, before deciding where they would like to sleep. Ianto himself takes the room on the right. Sitting on the bed he takes out the tablet he salvaged from the Hub and lays on the wrinkled bedsheet beside him, eyeing the progress of his diagnostics software wearily.*

Well. It's functional, I suppose. And quiet. We'll be left alone here, atleast.

*Could have sworn the room was bigger when he was last here with Jack. Or maybe he hadn't noticed because his eyes were always on the Captain. The whole world feels smaller without him.*

*And yes, Alasdair there are probably plenty of pests to catch here. In fact, there's a rat by his feet right now.* gonk

Adventuring Dreamer

Daniel Jackson from SGC
I suppose I ought to thank you but in the span of nine hundred years the English have changed currency. Although, I suppose if any of this is forged from silver or gold it still has some value...

*Alasdair... did not know that. He simply assumed that currency changed closer to Heather's time, not during the time he was trapped. His ears go back and he looks away with a sniff, his tail moving back and forth rapidly in embarrassment*
... Well, that seems to be a terrible waste if you ask me.
At least gold and silver is still appreciated. That will hopefully forever be timeless with both mortals and the immortals.
cat_stare

*Jumps down from Daniel's shoulder and lands next to the coin purse that Ianto didn't take. He picks it up with his teeth and follows after Ianto with a cat-trot. He needs to check to see if the Inn is safe for Heather and if it needs some form of pest control, whether it be of the supernatural kind or the rodent kind*

*Heather looks up at Daniel as she finishes up finding as many coins as she can, nodding at his question about Vash's validation*
Of course! It makes sense!

*She would go into a rant about how it makes sense, but she's distracted by Vash and his anticsmagic tricks. Snorts in amusement at the first coin from behind her ear and then starts giggling like a loon at the rest of the coins pulled from behind his ear that won't seem to stop*
rofl

*She will eventually follow Ianto to the Inn, but right now she's too giggly*

Dapper Humorist

Daniel Jackson from SGC

Do we have an ETA when this Hub goes out of lockdown?

I'm trying to some run diagnostics with the software I uploaded. But that will take time.

*Does...not understand why Dr. Jackson is having a one sided conversation with the cat but assumes perhaps Daniel knows something he doesn't. That or the poor man has already snapped, which would be a shame. Either way, nods at the assessment that they should move on from the park.* Follow me. I'll lead the way. *Carefully crosses the road and leads the group a few blocks from where they emerged from Hub in front of a small, unassuming Inn.*

*Allows Alasdair to take his pocket money back. Torchwood has a tab set up so paying shouldn't be a problem.*
*Scratches his head when Heather says she's from the 2st century. That's still a long, long way from Rem. No wonder her Earth is still full of greenery, it hasn't been irredeemably polluted yet.*

*Smiles politely as Heather reveals his information about the Plants to Daniel.* Hmm? Tablet? You mean the red blinking thing the other blonde wanted? *Not quite sure what that has to do with anything.*

Imagination Running Free

* BECAUSE I AM JUDGING YOU RIGHT NOW"*

*Why so mean? It was an accident.* emo

*Gets on his knees to help pick them up alongside Heather. When it looks they're done he'll weigh the bag stroking his chin.* Hmm. Seems a little light. Are we missing some? *Looks under his shoe. Under the bench. Then...pulls out one out behind Heather's ear.* Oh there it is. *Then reaches behind his own ear and pulls another one out. And another. And another.* Uwaah! They won't stop! gonk

*Haha, what? Is taking this all very seriously. See? THIS IS HIS SERIOUS FACE.* emotion_donotwant

Newbie Explorer

*Sniffles. With Alasdair so close, feels a sneeze coming on.* @__@

*Pales a bit as Alasdair throws his voice. Has seen the cat in all of his, erm, terror, and is struggling to reconcile the relationship between him and Heather. Who at least seems human enough.* Ah. So you're her guardian, of sorts? I see. *Thinking back to the Hub and how he called himself a sidhe. There's an old Irish phrase aes sídhe that means people of the fairy hills. Does that really make him a fairy? Daniel has run into more than one myth before that, due to alien interference, has turned out to be true. Still not sure, exactly, what to make of this all yet, but both Alasdair and Heather seem to be on their side. Which is the best he can really hope for, under the circumstances.*

I suppose I ought to thank you but in the span of nine hundred years the English have changed currency. Although, I suppose if any of this is forged from silver or gold it still has some value...

*Smirks at Heather's joke. Ah. Yes. Archeology. Except there's no need to do any digging when they're living history in real time! Then she tugs his sleeve and Daniel knits his brows together in a frown when she explains her theory.* You think he knows what the tablet was referring to?

*Casts a suspicious glance at Vash, a million thoughts racing through his head. The tablet was a guide. Even John suggested it only activated because it found what the descriptions were looking for. And it very clearly activated in the hallway, with Vash. But what were Plants, exactly? And what did the Goa'uld want them for? Sighs.*

I think Ianto is right. Maybe we should retire somewhere we can discuss this in private.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff