How old is your Gaia account?

A few months 0.0625 6.2% [ 2 ]
1-2 years 0.0625 6.2% [ 2 ]
3-4 years 0.21875 21.9% [ 7 ]
5-6 years 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
ANCIENT 0.46875 46.9% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]

why Hello Dollface
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

almost the next page and this guy hasnt popped up yet???

new page time

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Good lookin' out, Dollface. Thanks heart

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
So the birthday party was all right. It was a total sausage-fest, though, and all the girls in the bar looked like trash.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
It was a dive in Long Beach, a REALLY divey dive. Kind of like McGeady's in Lomita. The karaoke guys had a great selection of songs, but no one really does the good songs. The bartenders were crap. They take forever, they don't notice people at the bar, and it seemed like every time I went up there to get a drink one of them would walk away.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I'm not a bar snob by any means, though -- financially, I have a dive-bar budget. I'm just saying, as far as setup/vibe and service, I've been to better. Better on that same block, even. My favorite Long Beach dive so far is probably Alex's. It's a classic and the entertainment is top-notch. Sucks that sometimes there's a cover, but at least it looks like the money you spend goes into maintenance and good security.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Wow, accidentally reloaded a page with a Pink Link and I was threatened. Bigwigs at Gaia, you must acknowledge an accident when it happens.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Another great dive in Long Beach is The Prospector. I saw a terrific local band play a small set, and my boyfriend's old friends from college were in the band headlining. Band set covers are cheap, and the whiskey sours are heavy as well as inexpensive.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
dyejob
So I made a solemn promise to myself that I would try every single cheese sold at my favorite specialty grocer.

I made this promise about a month ago.

Since I began my cheesy quest, I have tried:
- Mimolette, a waxy French cheddar
- Roquefort, a pungent French blue cheese
- Hook's Four-Year Cheddar, a firm, very sharp American aged cheddar
- Cowgirl Creamery's Mount Tam, a soft, subtle American brie
- Cowgirl Creamery's Wagon Wheel, a firm and complex havarti-type
- Red Dragon, a red-wax-dipped Welsh gouda blended with mustard seeds
- Gruyere (can't remember full name), reminiscent of both Swiss and parmigiano
- Koko's Coconut Gouda, a Dutch gouda (not smoked) made with a dollop of coconut cream
- Manchego, a Spanish cheese made with sheep's milk (I've tried it before, from Trader Joe's)
- Lamb Chopper, a soft-firm sheep's-milk cheese from a small California dairy
- Cypress Grove Chevre "Sgt. Pepper" a goat cheese mixed with red pepper and spices
- Boschetto al Tartufo, a blend of sheep and cow milk aged with black truffles
- Rogue Creamery's Smokey Blue, a blue cheese smoked over hazelnut shells
- Cypress Grove Chevre's Purple Haze, fresh goat cheese blended with lavender and herbs
- Fiscalini smoked cheddar, from a creamery in Modesto, CA
- Point Reyes Toma, a bit like a smoked gouda with a rind that may be inedible that I ate anyway
- Le Delice Mon Sire, a soft, high-quality brie that firms toward the middle

Picked up another wedge of Mon Sire. It makes my body tingly with joy. Plus, I added two new soft-ripened cheeses to my ledger of conquests:

- Brebirousse d'Argental, a gooey cheese that tastes like cream cheese, smells like wet dog
- Fromager d'Affinois, a buttery, velvety, utterly sexy double-cream

The Brebirousse, I can do without. It was a tasty cheese, but the smell is not worth fighting through and the crust is a pain in the butt to eat around (it tastes like dirt).

The d'Affinois, though? HEAVENLY! The texture alone was worth the slight mildewy funk of the wrinkly bloomy rind. It's a double-cream cheese, which means it has crazy high fat content (60% fat content in the dry-matter) and is thus deliciously buttery and thick. It was love at first bite, for sure. I don't know if I like it more than the Mon Sire just yet, but that texture is something to be reckoned with for sure.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
why Hello Dollface
dyejob
Today, I read an article about Canadianisms. One of the things mentioned was the Canadian love of KD, which I instantly recognized as slang for Kraft Macaroni N Cheese (the blue box, yo).

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaaaait how does KD stand for mac & cheese, you hoser

Above the border they call it Kraft Dinner. I guess it makes sense if you already know that.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
why Hello Dollface
dyejob
heart Thanks guys!

Going out to a friend's birthday party at a karaoke bar. Gonna tear the walls down with some Styx!

lolol with some sticks

I did! I did one of my favorite karaoke songs to do: "Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx. I tear it up.

It's weird, the range at which I best perform is the higher register for men. I'm more of an alto/contralto vocalist, I guess.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items