5-6 years 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
ANCIENT 0.46875 46.9% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
4. He's Jewish, or rather, "of Jewish descent."

I don't know, I have a thing for American Jews, especially Los Angeles Jews aka Hollywood Jews or Fairfax Jews. Fairfax is one of the greatest places in the universe. I hope one day I run into Danny Elfman at Canter's Jewish Deli.

Note: I am hoping no one thinks I am using Jew as a pejorative. Please understand that I have the utmost respect for Jewish culture, both contemporary and archaic. Though I am agnostic myself, I have a genuine, completely irony-free fascination with, and attachment to, modern Judaism.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
3. Instead of being drenched in goffie sadness, Mr. Elfman's dark side has a great sense of humor. He evokes, with plain language, a sort of plaintive humanness that can sometimes be really pervy and shameful, but in a way that doesn't make you squirm.

Haha, I sound like a critical review writer again.

But yes, his dark and somewhat kinky sense of humor is a major turn-on, and everyone knows that girls listen to music with their libidos.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Oh, we've surpassed the 100-page mark. Excellent! Moving on . . .

2. Young Danny Elfman, dude. Fit, freakish, rocking the "guyliner" look before hardcore kids did it. Manly swagger, childlike energy, and the genius move of pairing suspenders with wife-beaters. He aesthetically embodied his own music. He's SO Baldwin Hills.

I would have hit that so hard that the next person to pull him out would be crowned the King of England. :cough:

My boyfriend knows that, and so as a special treat last year, Mr. "I don't dress up for Halloween" attended the annual Halloween fete dressed like Danny Elfman.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
. . . and the number one reason why Danny Elfman ranks among the Greatest Men Who Ever Lived . . .

1. He is a prolific prodigy, for chrissakes! The man has been busy up the whing-whang making music since the early 1970s! And he's damn good at what he does, too; he's grown a lot as a musician. The best part? He's done all of that without ANY formal training in music.

That's right, Daniel Robert Elfman is no conservatory alum. He used to explain the music he wanted to make to his bandmate, composer Steve Bartek, and together they would turn his inspirations into orchestrations. Now not only does he have over 35 awards and recognitions for his work, which is EVERYWHERE btw, he's even ventured into experimental American Contemporary Classical music. Czech out Serenada Schizophrana if that appeals to you at all.

THE MAN IS A GENIUS.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
With that said, I make my départ grand for the time being.

With plenty of starter-gold and over 100 pages under my belt, Phase Two is imminent.

Initiate countdown.
omg danny elfman xd genius
dyejob

My boyfriend knows that, and so as a special treat last year, Mr. "I don't dress up for Halloween" attended the annual Halloween fete dressed like Danny Elfman.

hell yeah he did it was amazing. kudos for real.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
botched
dyejob

hell yeah he did it was amazing. kudos for real.

Hottest thing ever. I couldn't keep my hands off him all night.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
*waves*

Welcome back!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Bumping again!

Chatty Dabbler

heart heart heart

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I have a new idea for tonight's insomniac bumping spree.

Follow me on this, people . . .

MY TOP FIVE SCENES/SEQUENCES DURING WHICH MUSIC APPEARED IN FILM

I don't mean musicals, I mean every other genre of movie. Like, the song was chosen to play in a certain scene to lend to it, be it through general atmosphere or lyrical illustration.

This is so dumb. I bet no one is even going to read it.

But anyway, on to it . . .

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
5. "Telephone Line" by Electric Light Orchestra Billy Madison

The "Steve Buscemi lipstick scene" is one of my favorite in any movie EVER, and I don't care what that says about my taste in movies. It was absolutely flawless execution of the concept, from the ugly dated couch he was sitting on to the little blue polo and the vacant stare as he lay down. And of course, playing that ridiculous ELO song just clinches it -- not only is it a song about a phone call, it adds another layer of absurdity to the entire scene.

DOO WOP, SHOO BEE DOO BOP, SHOO BOP DOO LAAAAAAANG! BLUE DAYS! BLACK NIIIIIGHTS! SHOO BOP DOO LAAAAAAANG!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
4. TIE: "Fake Plastic Trees" & "My Iron Lung" by Radiohead Clueless

Radiohead IS one of my Top Five Favorite Bands Of All Time, and I love Clueless so much that when I choose to watch it (happens about twice a month on average) I sometimes watch it twice in a row. It so happens that those are two reasons why these two songs/scenes even made the list, yes, but anyways . . .

For the most part, it was a movie with a lot of fun and funky songs on its soundtrack. Amid all the color and frivolity of the movie, both Radiohead songs cut through to represent "the maudlin music of the University station" while being fittingly '90s enough. The first song characterizes Josh (sexy MF Paul Rudd); the second highlights the grunge of Travis (Breckin Meyer) once and returns as a musical motif when Cher's down in the dumps.

GENIUS!!!

I know, I'm a dork.

Moving on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out