Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zombie Is Lost's Significant Otter

Heart Giver

User Image

If you're new: Tired of those starter clothes? Come on in and browse for a new outfit! You can also grab up to 10 free items from the Grab Bin! Feel free to stick around to chat, and keep an eye out for contests!

If you're not new: Just come in and say hi, stay and chat if you'd like! You may grab 1 free item from the grab bin, or you can donate! Anybody can participate in the contests (unless otherwise stated).

Announcements
6/19/16 I pop in every now and then. This thread isn't updated often anymore.

Heart Giver

About & FAQ

This thread is primarily intended to help people who are new to Gaia get started, although others are welcome to post in this thread and chat. If you are new, then you'll need to get a trading pass before you'll be able to receive items from this thread. Since you can get a lot of items in this thread, it will be simpler to trade them to you all at once (or in multiple trades). Until you receive a trading pass, your name may be added to a waiting list.

For donations or trades regarding the Grab Bin, send trades to Alerick B. User Image

How this thread came to be...
Originally, I started off with a thread called Simple Designs: A Collection of Cheap Outfits. This thread was created in the light of inflation in order to show people that they didn't have to pay to play in order to enjoy this website. I also understand that even these outfits might be hard to obtain for new users, so I offered to buy the outfits for them. I posted all over the Welcome to Gaia forum to promote this thread (which has recently re-opened) and other helpful threads. Eventually, my original thread incorporated the Grab Bin. I had a few takers, but it wasn't till I found [this thread] that I realized that my thread was too low-key, and that a separate charity thread would be far more helpful. Thus, this thread was inspired. I re-opened Simple Designs so that it would be more organized, separating the charity aspect of the thread into this one. Maybe someday I'll get a nicer banner for this thread too. The other banner happened to be a gift.

FAQ

What is a trading pass?
A trading pass enables you to sell items in the marketplace and trade with other users. You may buy a trading pass for 500 gold after you have been registered for 3 days. You may request items in this thread after you have received a trading pass or I will put your name on the waiting list until you receive one.

How do I earn gold on Gaia?
There are various methods of earning gold. You earn a little bit of gold simply by exploring the website and posting in forums. But, here are some other great options.

gaia_gaiagold Open Daily Chance on every landing page in the header. Gold grants are now higher than they used to be, and the charms great to sell, or use to craft items to sell.

gaia_gaiagold Play Games.
We've got some good games around here! A game that is truly great for earning gold is [Fishing]
. (You don't have to read the guides, you can just jump right in if you'd like!)
Admittedly though, most game payouts haven't been updated in a very long time. sweatdrop

gaia_gaiagold *New: Play Lake Kindred. This game requires a bit of investment, but the payout is well worth it if you stick with the game. This is the #1 way to earn gold on Gaia. [A beginner's guide.] [Level rewards guide.]

gaia_gaiagold Play Booty Grab. [Learn more about Aquariums]

gaia_gaiagold Try [Dumpster Dive]. You can find some cool stuff in there!

gaia_gaiagold Open up a [mini shop]. You can draw, write, make custom graphics, open up a unique shop, or check out what services people are looking for and get hired!

gaia_gaiagold Hang out in the [Charity/Quests forum]. Hey, you're doing that right now! You can also check out other charities (like my affiliates). Be sure to read the rules, don't be an annoying beggar, and be patient. You can even open up your own quest thread and ask for help in reaching your goals.

gaia_gaiagold Vend items in the marketplace. You'll need some gold to start out with. [Here] is a guide. Don't be greedy, inflation is already an issue in the marketplace. You can also vend items in [The Gaia Exchange].

But I still can't afford anything! Why is the marketplace so expensive?
The marketplace has undergone massive inflation due to the release of gold generators in the cash shop. Greedy vendors jack the prices up, but people buy them and they remain at that price because there is so much gold in the system. [Click for more details]

New management came to work at Gaia in mid-2013, taking Gaia in a more sales-driven direction. Since then, we have had fewer site updates and severely constant pressure to buy Gaia cash. Take the pledge to [refuse to buy Gaia cash] while Gaia practices such irresponsible business tactics, and [sign the petition] to end inflation by stopping the gold generators.

You don't have to pay to play on this website. Learn how [to make affordable outfits] and [keep up with the latest deals]!

*New: Check out my guide to affordability, within the NSTG guild.

What are charms? What is GoFushion?
Charms can be collected, and then "fused" in order to craft items under GoFushion. The more charms that are needed, the more value that the item is worth. You can receive charms most often from the daily chance. Heart charms and star charms are most common, and others are fairly rare. Selling charms can be a good way to earn gold. On the other hand, saving charms to craft a beautiful item can be very rewarding, and may even be a more valuable sale. Click here for a Guide to GoFusion.

Help! I registered as an animal and now I'm a smelly male human! How do I change my gender?
First, save your base as the human. Then go to Account Settings and find 'Avatar Gender' in the left column. There is a bullet under that with a link to two free gender bender potions (click twice). Next, go to your inventory and find the potion under the 'Special' tab. Use it. Gender bender potions can also be purchased at Skin Tyte for 50k.

How can I donate to this thread?
See [this post]. All donations are sent to my charity account, Alerick B.

Contents
About/FAQ | Rules/Moderators | Free Outfits | Grab Bin | Donors | Contests | Games | Helpful Links & Affiliates

Heart Giver

Rules & Moderators

Do:

- Follow the ToS. Be nice, be friendly.

- Ask questions.

- Chat and make friends! Don't be afraid to say hello to other people in this thread!

- Recommend this thread to new users!

- Remember that fish are friends, not food! Then again, fish are pretty tasty...

Do NOT:

- Don't beg people. Don't be a pest. Don't expect people to give you anything you want. Your life doesn't depend on having a pixel item. Be patient.

- Please don't merely bump the thread excessively. Chat, share it, but don't sit around and bump. Occasional bumping is okay to get more visibility.

- Quote any of these front page posts. If you'd like to quote me, then copy & paste this into the top of your post (or backspace the content).
[quote="Raining_Nights"][/quote]

Thread Moderators:
These people will be your guides. You'll see 'em around, you can say hi to them, they may send you your free outfit, and they'll answer any questions that you have.

I'm currently looking for new moderators!

&Owner, Raining_Nights User Image | Bashful Fawn User Image

Marie-Cris User Image | nefret2011 User Image | Sarah3ddepp User Image

Contents
About/FAQ | Rules/Moderators | Free Outfits | Grab Bin | Donors | Contests | Games | Helpful Links & Affiliates

Heart Giver

Free Outfits!

You may request 1 human/semi-human outfit (either gender) and 1 animal outfit. You may use the outfit in any way that you wish.

You will be put on a waiting list until you receive your trading pass. When you receive your outfit, you will also receive 10k to buy new hair and eyes if you wish (it doesn't have to be what's used on the avatars here). Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy your new outfit!

Hey! - When you're requesting an outfit in this thread, please copy and paste this into your post:
[quote="Raining_Nights"][/quote]

*New - Now you may also request winter-themed outfits in addition to your other two outfits!

Females
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. #1-5
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. #6-10

Males
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. #1-5
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. #6-10

Animals
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image #1-5
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image #6-10

Winter-themed:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image User Image User Image User Image

You may browse for more options [in this thread].

Waiting List

Contents
Grab Bin

Hey there, I'm Al! If your account is less 3 months old, then you are eligible to receive up to 15 items from the Grab Bin! Who doesn't love free stuff?

Just copy and paste this form into your reply. You're welcome to request specific items from the grab bin below, but I can't guarantee that you'll get them. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I used to for me to update the list. If you don't have a trading pass yet, then you'll be put on the waiting list until you receive one. Enjoy your free items!

Fill out this form:
[quote="Alerick B"][/quote]
[align=center][size=24]Grab that for me![/size][/align]

1. What colors do you like?

2. What hobbies do you have?

3. Dresses and skirts. Yes or no?

4. Describe your style. (You can use multiple adjectives.) (e.g. Professional, Cute, Frilly, Punk, Athletic, Elegant, Sexy, Hipster, Colorful, Sci-fi, etc.)

5. Do you see anything specific that you would like from the list below?

6. Do you want holiday or winter-themed items?

7. Do you want animal-base items?

8. Do you want housing or aquarium items?

Your application may be rejected if your account looks suspicious or your activity consists disproportionately of begging.

List of Grab Bin items
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Waiting List
Fuzzy Kuriboh
HELLO SENPAI
Elena Rossi

Contents
Donors.

Are greatly appreciated. emotion_bigheart You're welcome to donate to the Grab Bin or to Contest Prizes (for more expensive items). Send any donations to this account with a trade titled 'Welcoming Gifts'.

I am currently not accepting donations unless they are holiday/winter items. You may send me a trade with "Winter" in the title.

gaia_diamond A special thanks to the rice ball for a group effort to collect donations for my charity thread. Check them out if you'd like them to sponsor your charity thread as well. I received Grab Bin items, prize items, and 110 million gold from them.

Plein de Bisous - GB items + prize items
qianaru - GB items
Ekomoto - prize items + 2 billion gold <3
Keezah - 5 billion gold <3
chromaticore - prize items
Sineaed - GB items
Angelic Reprobate - GB items
simply_kattie_kitty - GB items
Tori979 - GB items
lacheyenne - prize item <3
Seeky - prize items
CleoHeston - GB items
AishiSo - prize items + 1 billion gold <3
mn_4265 - GB items + prize items + 1 billion gold <3
TimeLadyMeg - GB items
Divinitate - prize items
banbrokenhearts - GB items
Jean Noh - GB items + prize items + 10 billion gold and more <3
C a r e f r e e 2 3 - GB items + prize items + 527+ mill gold
Chai Vee - GB items
Quyne - 500 mill gold
-FoolishBox- - GB items + prize items
LisaRohdes - GB items
Nikusu Tomari - GB items + 5 mill gold
Shilshadu - GB items + prize items
aiacandy - GB items + 10 mill gold
firesong000 - GB items + 1 mill gold
Sarah3ddepp - GB items + 200k
Big Momma T - GB item + prize items + 150 mill gold
COCKATRICE - GB items
PandaGlompsYou - GB items + prize items + 3.8 bill gold <3
Qyne - GB items + 20 mill gold
Sinnto - GB items
Oliver Tunsia - GB items + prize items
bleakRequiem - prize item + 100 mill
Lucid Hallucinogen - GB items + prize items
Really a Mermaid - 5 mill gold
sinonyx - GB items + prize items
psuedo optimist - GB items
Anance - GB items + prize items
anadentone - GB items + 1 mill gold
Sinsies - GB items + prize items + 3.1 billion gold <3
Quieterest - GB items + prize items + 1.5 billion gold <3
Anonymous - GB item
Sileaf - GB items + prize items
ninjakid0104 - 100k
banbrokenhearts - GB items
Nyxsirisa - GB items + prize items + 1 billion gold <3
Darkreaper_44 - GB items + 15 mill gold
Stealer of Stars - GB items + 50k
Brommiel - GB items + prize items + 1 billion gold <3
Anonymous - Soooo many GB items + prize items <3
TessaEcho - GB items
Twizzzie - GB items + prize items
custard sama - GB items
Love Strawberry Gashes - GB items
Anonymous - Sandcastle Treasure
Bashful Fawn - A lot of GB items + prize items <3
rose allure - GB items+ prize items + 100 mill gold
Ninja Spoon - GB items + 1 prize item
Raining_Nights - GB items + prize items + gold

Seriously, you guys are awesome!!

Here's my inventory of high-end items. (not updated)
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Contents

Heart Giver

Contests

General Contest Rules:

1. PM all entries to me. Do not post them in this thread. Do not say which entry is yours until voting has ended.
2. Follow the ToS. Never submit entries that are excessively inappropriate, graphic, sexual, or gory. I will not accept them.
3. If work is stolen, plagiarized, copied, or recycled, then you will be disqualified and banned from all current and future contests. Create something new and original.
4. Entries will be narrowed down, and then voted on.
5. If more than one contest ends on a given date, then I will use the RNG to determine which winner picks first.
6. Ask me if you have any further questions!

Prize Bin
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

1. Holiday Short-Story Contest [Open]

Your story should demonstrate the spirit of the holiday season and what it means to you. Make it a heartwarming story or a heartbreaking story, but remind us of what is truly important this holiday season. Touch our hearts and remind us to cherish the things which are most special.

Information for this contest:
1. Limit: 1 entry. PM your entry to me. Do not post it in this thread.
2. Please title your entry.
3. There will be one winner and one runner-up. They may select their prize from the Prize Bin.
4. This contest will end at 11:59PM PST on December 26th.
5. If you would to have your story reviewed before it's submitted, then I offer an optional critique.

2. Festive Art Contest [Open]

User Image User Image
Click [here] and [here] to see the artists.

The Theme: Winter, Snow, Holidays. It can be a character, a scene, or a design. Any medium will do. Be creative, and have fun!

1. Limit: 1 entry. PM your entry to me. Do not post it in this thread.
2. There will be one winner and one runner-up. They may select their prize from the Prize Bin.
3. This contest will end at 11:59PM PST on December 31st.
4. You may request a critique on your artwork.
5. (Optional) Say a little bit about your entry, or title your entry.

3. Avatar Dress-up Contest [Open]

Create either a holiday or winter scene. Perhaps classic scenes from "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" to "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer." Perhaps an ice queen or young sledder. Anything, just have fun!

1. Your account must be less than 3 months old to enter this contest. No mules.
2. Limit: 3 entries. PM your entries to me. Do not post them in this thread.
3. You may either use the Avatar Builder or the Customize Avatar page. Just take a screenshot of the avatar when you are done, including the item list and price estimate.
4. The price limit on avatars is 5 billion. Try to stay close to this number, or under. Look out for items that are mis-priced.
5. As the prize, I will buy the outfit that you design for you. Unavailable items will be substituted. Winners will be selected in 3 categories: Festive Holiday, Snowy Winter, and Most frugal (500 million and under entries). You may only win once.
6. This contest will end at midnight PST on January 5th.

4. Winter Poetry Contest [Open]

Suggested forms: Common (ABAB, AABB), Ballad (ABCB), Sonnet (14 lines, song-like), Haiku (5,7,5), free verse, or [acrostic] (fun option)! You can also use [this website] for help.

Oh, how beautiful.
A snowflake. And look, here comes
sixty million more.

1. Limit: 3 entries. PM your entries to me. Do not post them in this thread.
2. Please title your entry.
3. The winner's prize is Siku the White Wolf. User Image
4. This contest will end at 11:59PM PST on January 10th.

All current entries can be found towards the bottom of this page.

Contents

Heart Giver

Games

1. The Claw Crane Machine [Open]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Human items:
__| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
|1|User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|8|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|15|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|22|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|29|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|36|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|43|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Animal items:
___| 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 |
|50|User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|56|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|62|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|68|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|74|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
|80|User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Rules:
gaia_star You are allowed to win 2 items per day.
gaia_star The number you roll corresponds with the prize that you've won. The starting number for each row is marked, so count to your number from the nearest starting number.
gaia_star Do NOT delete posts. You cannot change your mind about whether you want an item if you have already declined it. If I suspect that anyone is cheating, then this game will be suspended for everyone.
gaia_star To generate a random number, use the random number generator (RNG) post action. You may find this in the right column of the 'post reply' page.

Numbers that have already been emptied:

How to play:
If you want human items, then generate a number from 1 to 49.
If you want animal items, then generate a number from 50 to 85.
If you want items for either base, then generate a number from 1 to 85.

If you win an item, then send me a PM with a link to the winning post.
If you wish to deposit the item back into the machine, then put this in your post.
[b]I'm throwing this thing back to the machine![/b]

Winners List:

***These rules are subject to change if I find it necessary.

2. Find the Owl! [Open]

How to Play:
1. This little owl icon is hidden somewhere in this thread. All you have to do is find her. User Image
2. The first person to find the owl and send me a PM with the page number wins!
3. Have fun, and look carefully! The current prize for this game is Crystal Wings. User Image

Winners List:

Contents

Heart Giver

Helpful Links & Affiliates
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/welcoming-gifts-a-charity-for-newbies/t.92598983/][img]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm84/Night-Rain7/WelcomingGiftsBanner.png[/img][/url]

Links:

[Free Items]
[A Guide to Affordability]
[Learn About Inflation]

Banners:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
User Image User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Contents

Heart Giver

Celebrating December!

User Image
Close up of a snowflake.
Close up of frost.

Winter Fashion
Clothes

Creative ways to tie a scarf!

Makeup
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Seasonal Recipes
Candy Cane Cocoa
Ingredients (4 servings, ready in 15 minutes):
4 cups milk
3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
1 cup whipped cream
4 small peppermint candy canes

1. In a saucepan, heat milk until hot, but not boiling. Whisk in the chocolate and the crushed peppermint candies until melted and smooth. Pour hot cocoa into four mugs, and garnish with whipped cream. Serve each with a candy cane stirring stick.

Fast Figgy Pudding
Ingredients (4-6 servings, ready in 25 minutes):
50g ANCHOR® Butter
50g plain flour
Half a teaspoon of mixed spice
75g white breadcrumbs
100g soft dark brown sugar
150g sultanas
75g Raisins
50g Dates
50g Cherries
125g currants
25g coarsely chopped peel
grated rind and juice of half lemon
2 eggs
2 tablespoon treacle
1 tablespoon golden syrup
50ml Orange Juice
50ml Apple Juice

1. Sieve all the dry ingredients together and mix well. Stir in all remaining ingredients until completely mixed.
2. Lightly grease a half litre (1 pint) pudding basin and fill with the mixture. Cover with cling film and make a slit in the top to allow steam to escape. Cook on microwave high for 10 minutes.
3. Allow to stand for 10 minutes after cooking. Sprinkle with brandy and serve.

Gingerbread Cookies
Ingredients (2 1/2 dozen cookies, ready in 30 minutes):
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg yolk
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in molasses and egg yolk. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg; blend into the molasses mixture until smooth. Cover, and chill for at least one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. Frost or decorate when cool.

Mold-able Jello Cookies
Ingredients (3 dozen, ready in 20 minutes):
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
4 (3 oz) packages of jello
Food coloring, optional

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tarter. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.

2. Divide the dough into four sections. Sprinkle two Tablespoons of jello onto each section and then knead the dough until combined. You can add a few drops of food coloring in, if you’d like the color to be more vibrant.

3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. If desired, you may roll the balls into the extra jello powder for a sweeter cookie. Then place dough onto the baking sheet two inches apart. Flatten the dough with the bottom of the bowl to allow the cookies to cook evenly. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Major holidays during winter include Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. Here are some fun facts!

Christmas - the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church.

1. The traditional three colors of Christmas are green, red, and gold. Green has long been a symbol of life and rebirth; red symbolizes the blood of Christ, and gold represents light as well as wealth and royalty.
2. Christmas has different meanings around the world; Christmas Eve in Japan is a good day to eat fried chicken and strawberry shortcake.
3. Many of the traditions associated with Christmas (giving gifts, lighting a Yule log, singing carols, decorating an evergreen) date back to older religions.
4. An artificial Christmas tree would have to be reused for more than 20 years to be “greener” than buying a fresh-cut tree annually. Artificial Christmas trees have outsold real ones since 1991.
[More]

Hanukkah (also spelled Chanukkah)- a Jewish festival, lasting eight days from the 25th day of Kislev (in December) and commemorating the rededication of the Temple in 165 BC by the Maccabees after its desecration by the Syrians. It is marked by the successive kindling of eight lights.

1. The war of the Maccabbees was the world's first ideological war, fought by a small band of pious Talmudic scholars who engaged in cunning stealth warfare.
2. During Hanukkah, families eat latkes(potato pancakes) and sufganiot (jelly donuts), or other foods which are fried in oil, to celebrate and commemorate the miracle of the Festival of Lights.
3. A dreidel is a spinning top featuring four Hebrew letters.The letters stand for the Hebrew phrase “A great miracle happened here (in Israel)". They're meant to remember when the Greeks were in Israel and forbade Jews to learn Torah. Tradition holds that kids used to meet up in secret to learn, but if a Greek soldier happened upon their meeting they would pretend to be gambling with their dreidels.
4. Today, the US president and first lady host an annual Hanukkah party for hundreds of American Jewish politicians, organization heads and school and yeshiva deans. But that wasn’t always the case. The first official White House Hanukkah party was held on December 10, 2001. President George W. Bush borrowed a 100-year-old hanukkiyah from the Jewish Museum in New York for the event. Since then, the White House Hanukkah party has been a coveted get-together.
[Read More]

Kwanzaa - a non-religious festival observed by many African Americans from December 26 to January 1 as a celebration of their cultural heritage and traditional values.

1. The holiday was created by Dr. Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate family, culture and heritage, and is modeled after the first harvest celebrations in Africa. The word Kwanzaa comes from the Swahili phrase "Matunda ya Kwanzaa" meaning “First fruits of the harvest.”
2. The colors of Kwanzaa are black, red and green. Black represents the color of the people, Green represents the fertile land of Africa and Red represents blood shed in the struggle for freedom.
3. People who celebrate Kwanzaa have a big feast called Karamu on 12/31.
4. Kwanzaa has 7 letters, 7 symbols, and lasts for 7 days. The seven days of the Kwanzaa celebration correspond with seven principles: unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith.
[More]

Gift Ideas

gaia_star Have an at-home spa day or a give them a massage and relax.
gaia_star Cook their favorite dish.
gaia_star Create a special hand-crafted item.
gaia_star Make a bouquet out of candy and money(optional).
gaia_star Make a secret stash book.
gaia_star Make homemade body butter, soap, or sugar scrub.
gaia_star Make a photo pendant.
gaia_star Make a custom stepping stone (housewarming gift).
Find more ideas.

Music

Disney short: The Little Match Girl

Heart Giver

Reserved for Future Contest Entries

Heart Giver

Heart Giver

Heart Giver