Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you excited for Black Friday?

Yes 0.46846846846847 46.8% [ 52 ]
No 0.53153153153153 53.2% [ 59 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 330 331 332 > >> >>> »|

Rabbit

User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your travels throughout Gaia, you stumble across a tiny little shop called: The Thrift Shop.
Thinking that there may be some good deals to be had, you decide to give the shop a browse.
Upon entering the establishment, you are immediately met by a person who seems to have been eagerly awaiting your arrival...

what what. what what.
Hi there! Hi, welcome to The Thrift Shop! Thanks for stopping by!
I am xiaoyu-ssi, a.k.a. The Owner/Proprietor of this thread. Nice to meet you : )
I made this thread because I just wanted a place to chill and chat with some people on Gaia, plus I wanted to make a charity/quest thread, and I kind of had this idea for a while.
This is a place to chillax, hang out, have some casual conversation with strangers, maybe make some friends, and to score some items at crazy discounted prices.
How can you do so? Read on, my friends, read on.

(P.S. I have a ton of event ideas which I'll be running sporadically, so I hope you stick around for the fun)

navigation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| home || notice || stock || shop || events || mini games || donate || governance || black list || ??? ||

Rabbit

User Image

As you make your way around the store, you notice that in between the rotation of hipster sounding songs are various announcements read by a monotonous voice:

12/02/14:
- Hello friends, it is December, and exams season is upon us! (and by us, what I mean is myself). What does this mean? This means that I will be lurking this thread from time to time, but I probably am not going to have any major updates.
- Item redemptions shall be put on hold at this time, though I shall be back before Christmas, hopefully with some new events/games in time for the holiday and definitely with some awesome new items to be redeemed! ^^

11/29/14:
- The Black Friday Event is now over! Thanks for participating c; (stick around for other events in the possibly near future ^^)
- The help thing (see prev. update) is on hold for the time being sweatdrop

11/24/14:
User Image
Check out posts #5 & #6 for limited time promotions & games c: whee!

- Also, I am interested in getting help from someone to manage this thread. If you are interested (though honestly, most of what I need help with is just menial work) in giving me a hand, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out ^^

11/11/14:
- 21:57EST: Construction is completed! (For now, anyways)
- Construction begins, maybe the place will actually be open soon?

while you are here, please respect our rules
  1. follow Gaia's terms of service
  2. and the forum guidelines
  3. respect. don't hate, appreciate
  4. read post #4, so you know how things are going down

also, if you think of certain improvement to be made to this thread, let me know what they are : )

navigation
|| home || notice || stock || shop || events || mini games || donate || governance || black list || ??? ||

Rabbit

User Image

There are racks of items all around the store with signs on each rack indicating that the stock is sorted by price.

Tier 1: 1,000,000g + 2 credits OR 5 credits
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tier 2: 10,000,000g + 5 credits OR 10 credits
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tier 3: 50,000,000g + 10 credits OR 20 credits
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tier 4: 250,000,000g + 15 credits OR 30 credits
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tier 5: 1,000,000,000g + 20 credits OR 40 credits
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Having found all these amazing bargains, you approach the cash with your armful of items, only to be met with the disapproving eye of the cashier.
"I'm sorry," he says, not sounding sorry at all. "You don't have enough store credit to purchase these items."
Confused, you ask him about store credits. Although he seems thoroughly annoyed, he shows you how to earn store credits...

To Earn Store Credits:

1. Make ten posts to receive a welcome package
    (which consists of: 1,000,000g and 1 trading credit)
  2. Following your initial 10 posts, every 5 posts = 1 credit.

Store credits: can redeemed as indicated above.
    Trading credits: can be used to trade one item in stock for another item of similar value

When you wish to redeem an item, send me a message and I will confirm that you have enough credits before initiating the trade. Feel free to number your posts/keep track of credits on your own (I will be keeping a tally as well).

please note:
    all redemptions are subject to item availability
    one bump per day will count as a post, all other posts must contain actual content

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Referral Program
Refer a friend to this thread.
When that friend hits 10 posts, you will receive 2 credits!
(Please have that friend indicate that he/she was referred by yourself)

Dividend Payments
The first person to post on page xx will receive xx amount of gold:
Page 10, 110, 210, etc... : 100,000,000
Page 25, 125, 225, etc... : 250,000,000
Page 50, 150, 250, etc... : 500,000,000
Page 75, 175, 275, etc... : 750,000,000
Page 100, 200, 300, etc... : 1,000,000,000

Market Research
The very curious owner is always wanting to learn more about her customers.
Answer her current... wondering (is that the right word for it) to receive a small prize.
Currently wondering
Nothing at the current moment, please check back later!

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Where in the World is Harvey Milk?
Meet Harvey Milk, the rabbit:
User Image
Once in a while, he manages to make a devious escape. Be the first to find him and win the prize!

(How to play: When this event runs, I will make a 'Lost' post in the forums telling you where I lost him in Towns (ex. Barton 001000). Go into towns and find Harvey Milk. When you do, quote the 'Lost' post and provide the town address (ex. 1 Barton 00100) and a screenshot of the rabbit! The first person to do this will win the reward)

Finders Keepers
User Image
As you're walking down the street, you stumble across a shiny coin on the sidewalk! Looking around, there's no sign of another person. Oh well, you think to yourself, finder's keepers.

(How to play: When you see the above posted in the thread, be the first person to quote it and win the coin!)

Something Has Happened!
Stick around the thread for chances to get free items!

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Walking around, you notice a bin placed by the door labelled: Donation Bin.
Attached to the bin is a piece of paper, which reads:

"Dear person reading this,

If you are like me, and end up playing to many rigs, resulting in tons of the same item in your inventory (or if you just have too many items and have the need to do some cleaning out), feel free to donate your items to The Thrift Shop in order to support the business! The Thrift Shop is always accepting donations smile
As a thank you for your generosity, we will add you to our list of sponsors and as an additional thank you, the owner of this shop (myself) will provide you with a piece of artwork!
(Assuming you want these things - also, the art probably won't be stellar. So yeah... enticing.)

Have a nice day,
The Proprietor"

The Thrift Store's List of Amazing Beautiful Shiny Sparkly Sponsors

Rainbow Ninja Sharpies - Our very first sponsor! 谢谢,谢谢
Sifen Yamishi - Thank you very much! c:
Kara of Darkwood - Thank you! Merci! cx
unfortunatevent - Many thanks ^^
The Gaia Wish Foundation®. - Merci beaucoup, very very much
Mista Pickles @ Greatest Expectation Charity - Thank you! Much gratitude to you c:
Gopacksand @ Greatest Expectation Charity - Thank you so much! Gracias. Danke. ^^
dajwa - omg thank you 有難うございます。 seriously, many many thanks ^^
Sicko Nickolie - thank you thank you ^^ 감사합니다
Every Flavour Bean - thank you so much! many many thanks c:
XxSilverMoonFoxX - thank you! tyvm ^^

Items Donated
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

As you approach the counter to make your purchase, you notice something posted by the cash register:

"The Thrift Shop is a Not For Profit Organization.
All gold earned through the business will be returned to our customers in two ways:
1) to purchase more store stock 2) through store-hosted events

In order to hold us to our word, we have this governance notice to inform customers of how much gold we have earned, how much gold we currently have, and how we have distributed the gold thus far."

revenue
10,000,000,000g - starting fund
29,261,000,000g - donation revenue
5,210,000,000g - sales revenue

current gold balance
35,792,996,400g

distribution record
8,577,003,600g

gold in transit
101,000,000g - out
0g - in

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

this space was intentionally left blank

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Despite the store being crammed with stuff, there's one corner with nothing in it. It's just... empty. "Hm, wonder what that's about," you wonder as you move on.

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

Despite the store being crammed with stuff, there's one corner with nothing in it. It's just... empty. "Hm, wonder what that's about," you wonder as you move on.

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

navigation

Rabbit

User Image

navigation

Rabbit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces