Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is NOT a charity

But this IS a poll! Thanks for the gold! 0.66599430469862 66.6% [ 28065 ]
I have a charity to add. 0.057475083056478 5.7% [ 2422 ]
I'm looking for a charity. I'll click one of the links listed. 0.2765306122449 27.7% [ 11653 ]
Total Votes:[ 42140 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 408 409 410 > >> >>> »|

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
This is NOT a charity.

User Image

Welcome to THE List of Charities.

This is a LIST of charities with generous hearts heart who might help you if you post in their threads and follow their rules.

Even if this is stickied and bumps are not needed, they are a sweet show of support anyway, so please don't flame bumpers.

Please just ignore beggars.
Folks who ask for gold/items here won't get any donations here, and charity owners who see them begging here, breaking this rule, will possibly avoid donating to them as well even if they go to their charities, so beggars are really hurting themselves even more than they are annoying.

HINT: Read the first page of posts of any charity you plan to ask for a donation CAREFULLY. If you do not follow the rules of their thread, you will not likely get a donation from them.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 3: Charities for Newbies

Note: You need a Trading Pass to use the bank to get donations. It costs 500g and is a one-time purchase. After you've been here at least 3 days, click the arrow at the bottom of the window, then click "TRADE" to get to the Bank to buy it.
A wonderful guild for you is
User Image full of guides and friendly, helpful Gaians.

THE Christmas Charity
Owner: THE Santa Claus. Everyone is welcome! Just follow the easy directions in the first post. You only need a trading pass.

Green Charity
Owner: Emerald Kelly. Especially friendly to newbies. No requirements beyond a trading pass.

Spare Change Charity
Owner: Chiraya. Please read all the rules and fill out a form. You need 50 to 500 posts and must be less than 2 months on Gaia.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 4: General Charities A - F

As the Sakura Blossoms; A hangout charity
Owner: Kome101. The main thing I ask is that you stick around for a bit! (I will NOT be giving stuff to people who just pop in for something.) Other than that, besides games, contests, events and the like, my charity offers 3 different donations (Hit-and-Run, [regular] Donation, and New Gaian Donation) The requirements to get each of these are different, but they really arent that hard to qualify for!

THE Christmas Charity
Owner: THE Santa Claus. Everyone is welcome! Just follow the easy directions in the first post.

The Chocolate Wolf Charity
Owner: Wolf Anubite. One item donation for your first post, you may get another donation from me during special events. And please read the Rules post.

Demon Wings | Angel Heart
Owner(s): Blaizekit & Mrs_S_Snape. Anyone who applies gets a donation. It is not necessary to post, but posting increases donation as well as your own dedication to your quest.

Dreamcatchers Charity
Owner: Alura19. Quest Thread must be 1 week old.

A Fruitful Hangout Charity
Owner: FruitTartz. Please converse and participate to build friendships.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 5: General Charities G - J

Gift Giving Paradise
Owner: Toriki-chi, and Ceeshnia. Just post.

Green Charity
Owner: Emerald Kelly. No requirements beyond a trading pass.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 6: General Charities K - O

Kiss The Sky Charity
Owner: Crowley the Crow. Read the front, especially the "Rules" Post, fill out the application correctly, and don't run off! We're not a hit and run charity; if you are looking for a donation I must get to know you a little bit first. There are always a ton of contests going on. Events for every holiday open to everyone. There is a Sealed Letter Raffle every month that is open to everyone that regularly posts and talks in the thread. Page Contests every 50 pages, open to everyone. Once you get a donation, remember to say "Thanks" and please come back because being a regular will be worth your time.

The Labyrinth Charity
Owner: Blu_Fammy and eternally_soulless. Lots of games and give-aways.

Lillith&Diamond's Sweet Charity! Games+We Help Quests Hiatus 6/26/17 for new baby!
Owner: Lilliths Sinful Desires. Play games, stay and chat.

Locke's Picnic Basket
Owner: Locke103. No restrictions.

Once Upon a Month
Owners: OtherWorldShukumei & Your_Destiny_Awaits. Each month has a theme, and I give out set items at the end of the month. Applicants must be at least one month old, have 500 posts, and fill out the form correctly after reading the rules.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 7: General Charities P - S

Shadow Haven
Owner: Lady Hellraiser. No mules. Have fun!

Shared Memories: A Charity
Owner: Queen of Memories. No mules. Please chat between winning pages. Have fun!

Spare Change Charity
Owner: Chiraya. Please read all the rules and fill out the form. You need at least 500 posts and must be at least 2 months on Gaia with a quest for something that is 15k or more with a progress report.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 8: General Charities T - Z

TankChu Charity
Owners: Poleklaws and Mudchueary. You have to have at least 500 posts made in Forums. The more active you are the more likely you are to receive gold. We never donate Lower then 100k! Enjoy the Thread and remember, We are Family!

Timeless Reverie Charity
Owners: Clasela and Valerth. Post at least ten times. Then give a little something to the charity, getting something worth a lot more in return!

An Unscripted Charity
Owner: Unscripted Destiny. Hit and Runs are ok, not mules.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 9: Charities with a Difference

~ # ~ CHARITIES THAT DONATE SPECIFIC ITEMS ~ # ~

Alchemy Charity
Owner: Duchess Marie. We provide as much free alchemy stuff to anyone who asks for it. There is not a requirement for the questors, but they may not get a second donation if the questor does not post a 'thank you' in the thread.

Cafe Blue
Owners: Evil A One request per month for a letter, and stay to chat.

The Gaia Hat Charity
Owner: iymcool. To receive a donation all you have to do is kindly read the rules and fill out an application. Only hat quests will be donated to.

~ @ ~ CHARITIES WITH A TWIST ~ @ ~

Got Birthday Charity
Owners: Butterfly Bumps/Love Renewed. Have your birthday showing on your profile and have your profile viewable. Once you post, I'll add your birthday and you get gifts and wishes on your birthday.

The Phoenix Charity: Helping You Rise From the Ashes
Owner: Shanra the Bard. Must have been hacked, have hacking report reference number, 10pg active quest thread.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 10: Charity Guilds

The Gifter`s Garden
Captain: Butterfly Bumps. A place to chat, meet some awesome new friends, receive gifts for your questing pleasure, and earn some gold along the way.
Private guild with no entry fee.

The Newbie Supporting & Training Guild (NSTG)
Captain: Ebania. Provides a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. Also offers donations and opportunities to win prizes to everyone. Very friendly!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 11: Other Links of Interest:

BBCode reference shows how to format text on Gaia.

EARN GOLD QUICKLY! - Goldine lists a lot of quick, easy ways to earn gold. Also, check the rest of that Library for other helpful threads.

Exchanging Guide: Bugs/Flowers/Trash from Yuzi_k

How to Make Your First 100k Without Begging or Bumping - Francis Drake teaches clearly how to make gold in the Marketplace.

Minishops & Resources Center, run by Goldine, lists minishops and resources with kudos given by Gaians.

Resources and Advice for New Charity Owners

Snopes.com is an excellent site on which to check suspicious information that might really be false.

The Child Health Site = click their button to donate for free. Then they'll give you other buttons of equally worthy sites to visit.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 12: Form For Adding Your Charity to this List

I have found it impossible to keep up with young charities, since many of them close in the first month. Please do not post this form until your charity has been giving for at least one month, as I will probably just ignore it. Thank you.

Please post your charity information in this thread using this format:

URL of Charity:
Charity Name:
Owner(s):
Requirements (minimum/maximum number of posts, length on Gaia, length/age of quest thread, etc.):

Please use Gaia urls that link to the part of your thread you wish supplicants to see first. Please do not use tinyurls or other non-Gaian urls, since they lead to those distracting banners from Gaia that detract from your thread. I will try to use the color you choose for your charity name, but the descriptions will be color coded by type of charity. I will not include those nifty banners, as I am trying to keep this page quick to load.

If you are a charity for Newbies, please link this thread on your first page so they can find it. Otherwise, it's probably not needed since questors know about this. Here's the code, and the image code if you want to use it. Thanks!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8182661] [IMG]http://imgur.com/X7l1hqq.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8182661] [IMG]http://imgur.com/mt4T82Z.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8182661][img]http://imgur.com/cXgaJ2B.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8182661][img]http://i.imgur.com/eN8Axob.png[/img][/url]

I also post links to Charity Events in Post 14 below. I define Charity Events as things like give-aways and parties that will only last for a short period of time, usually a month or less. If you are holding an event and would like me to post it, please use this form:

Charity Event
Name of Event:
Starting and Ending Dates:
Notes about event:

~ IF YOU CLOSE ~

IF YOU CLOSE please let me know. If it is only temporary, you can use the form below (at least name of charity and date closed). If I notice you are closed or not giving when I pass by and you did not let me know first, I will likely delete your charity from this list. Some hints to me that you are not giving: The owner/mule has not been online in a month, or has been online but has not posted in the charity for several days, or has posted that funds are low and no applications are being accepted or no donations are being given. If you notice you are no longer listed, you are welcome to reapply any time you are giving and I will add your charity back onto THE List.

Temporarily Closing
Name of Charity:
Classification(s) (Newbie, General, etc.):
Reason Closing (optional):
Date Closing:
Date to Reopen:

Charities that remain on this list more than a month or so will be deleted unless a specific time for reopening has been set. Any deleted charity is welcome to submit a new form for inclusion in THE List of Charities when they reopen.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 14 - Charity News and Events (To Place an Event here, please PM me!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.in the NSTG
Dec. 11-25

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Read the rules of the thread for fullest participation options.
Open now until Jan 1st.
Contests and giveaways and lots of fun!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
14. HISTORY of THE List of Charities:

Goldine
HAPPY VISITORS: To Tell About This Resource at the Minishops & Resources Center, please copy this code:

I LIKE THIS RESOURCE THREAD!

THREAD NAME: THE List of Charities
LINK: gaiaonline.com/forum/t.8182661
RECORD NUMBER: 21.11
HOW I FOUND IT HELPFUL: [Describe your experience here.]

fill in why you like this thread and submit it to: User Image

From January 6th-9th we celebrated with the the Twelfth Night Charity Ball, which benefitted the 9 charities that responded in Santa"s Charity Link List. 23 tickets were sold and 5,700g was raised! This was before Santa's Charity Link List died.

From March 17-20th we celebrated St. Patrick's Day with the St. Patrick's Day Charity Scavenger Hunt. Ten charities benefitted. Ticket sales approached 6000g. There were 18 successful hunters.

March 2005 - Santa's Charity Link List has died under "message offline" problems so I'm recompiling a new one. If you see any other charities I've missed, please pass this on to them so they can post as well and we will have the most complete list possible. Thank you for your support.

June 6, 2005 - THE List of Charities opens for business. Thanks to all the charities that have helped me recompile this list!

July 5, 2005 - THE List of Charities is stickied! Since then it has been unstickied and stickied several times. confused

February 15-19, 2006: THE Charities On Parade Benefit was held to help raise gold for 37 participating charities. It included THE Parade Game and Charity Mule Avatar Contest. 42 played and won THE Parade Game. 52 tickets were sold. Thanks to Arianne Mist Child for running the Bumping Contests! We had a lot of fun!

Aprill 9-16, 2006: THE CHARITY EASTER EGG HUNT included 30 charities and 99 ticket holders. 64 played and won THE Easter Egg Hunt game and over 30k was raised for charities!

June 24-27, 2006: THE Charity Conspiracy Project included 42 charities and 37 ticket holders. 24 played and won THE Mission Plan and over 18k was raised for charities. Considering we had just over a third of the ticket holders of last event, I'm pleased we raised over half as much as last event! 13 played and won THE Password Game.

August 25-28, 2006: THE Charity Safari raised 45k for the 28 Participating Charities. Of the 77 tickets sold, 52 Guides played THE Safari game, correctly completing THE Travel Log. We also held our first art auction, raising an additional 3,200g! Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests! Thanks to unwielding and JoyRose for donating their artistic talent to the art auction!

October 27-31, 2006: THE Charity Halloween Masquerade raised 32k for the 30 Participating Charities! Of the 91 tickets sold, 44 Heralds correctly completed the Costume Call, unmasking the charities. We also had TWO Choose-Your-Own-Adventures, thanks to sutoyou and Evelyn Elf! Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests! Thanks to everyone for a fun event!

December 22-25, 2006: THE Charity Christmas Ball raised almost 62k for 20 charities! Of the 77 tickets sold, 24 Sages solved the logic puzzles and 20 Clever Elves correctly completed the Secret Santa game. Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests! Thanks to everyone for a fun event!

April 5-8, 2007: THE Charity Easter Eggstravaganza raised over 82k for over 30 charities! Of the 126 tickets sold, 56 Sages solved the logic puzzles and 34 Good Eggs correctly completed the Charity Owner Hunt game. Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests! Thanks to Takira Hanshu for maintaining THE Easter Parade! Most of all Thanks to Everyone for a fantastic event!

August 17-27, 2007: THE Charity Music Fest! raised over 100k for 20 charities! Of the 125 tickets sold, 46 Sages solved up to 6 logic puzzles and 40 Stars completed THE Musical Chairs Game. Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests, and most of all thanks to everyone for making this a fantastic event!

December 22-26, 2007: THE Charity Christmas Celebration raised over 97k for 33 charities! Of the 114 tickets sold, 51 Clever Elves gave 126 correct answers to 4 logic puzzles, and 53 completed THE Charity Wishlist Game. Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests, AnnElf for running the avatar contests, and QueenFey for providing free bumps to ticketholders and judging the avatar contests! Most of all thanks to everyone who participated for making this a fantastic event!

March 23-April 3, 2008: THE Charity Easter Hop raised over 122k for 24 charities! Of the 153 tickets sold, 37 Clever Elves correctly identified which charity was wearing which item of clothing, and 60 smart folks gave a total of 118 correct Logic Puzzle answers to the 5 logic puzzles! Thanks to Burning Peasant Head for running the bumping contests, AnnElf for running the avatar contests, and QueenFey for judging the avatar contests! Most of all thanks to everyone who participated for making this a record-breaking event!

August 22-25, 2008: THE Charity Fair raised over 77k for 27 charities! Of the 119 tickets sold, 23 Clever Winners correctly identified which item each charity was "showing" on the fairway, and 68 clever elves gave 287 correct answers to various puzzles! Thanks to QueenFey for running the avatar contests and writing contest! Thanks to indecisiveone for running the bumping contests! Most of all thanks to everyone who participated for making this a fantastic event!

December 24-29, 2008: THE Charity Christmas Dream Event raised over 100k for 4 charities. Of the 62 tickets sold, 16 correctly found the ornaments the charities hung and 28 cleverly solved logic puzzles. Thanks to QueenFey and TDAChick for helping make my event a success despite my being kept offline much of the time. You're all fantastic!

April 5 - 12, 2009: THE Charity Easter Mystery Party raised 2,373,500 gold for 20 charities. Many elves helped me sell 1348 tickets, and Free Rice Charity donated 100k! 261 Clever Elves gave 661 correct puzzle solutions. 107 Delightful Detectives found the props in all 20 charities. Thanks to ALL my wonderful elves: QueenFey, TDAChick, AnnElf, Bunny Maestro, Faith Fairy, delphine17 (behind the scenes), Gramma Chicken (now: The Hen House), Mighty Chicken Lady (Game Elf!), MoonSpirt66, Peasant157 (Other world shukumei), Rickdoon, unwielding and unwielding_v2. Thanks to everyone who helped make this event shine in Community Spotlight! You are all AMAZING!

August 21-24, 2009: THE Charity Picnic raised over 785,000g for 43 charities! This was the first event held in THE Charity Event Guild and several elves were generous with their time and resources to help make it a wonderful success! Thanks to delphine17, Elf Chicken, Lindori, and AnnElf. Of the 93 Ticket Holders, 5 gave 10 correct answers to THE Logic Puzzles and 6 played THE Charity Game successfully. Thanks to everyone who helped make this so successful!

December 24-28, 2009: THE Charity Christmas Party raised over 1,370,000g for 34 charities! Of the 91 ticket holders, 6 played THE Charity Game successfully, 19 gave 35 correct answers to THE Logic Puzzles, and 7 poets entered 15 poems. Visit THE Library in THE Attic subforum of THE Charity Event Guild to see the threads from this event, run by my Fantastic Elves: delphine17, Elf Chicken, Lindori, Shanra the Dragon Bard, OtherWorldShukumei, and AnnElf! Thank you, all of you who helped make this so successful!

April 1-4, 2010: THE Charity Spring Circus raised over 115k for 25 charities! Of the 69 ticket holders, 7 correctly filled out THE Charity Circus program, 7 submitted 22 Mad Libs, 15 poets submitted poetry, 12 writers submitted short stories, 7 folks made 19 tektek or snapshot avatars, and 12 clever elves gave 22 correct logic puzzle solutions. Thank you to all the Fantastic Elves who helped make this event such fun: delphine17, Elf Chicken (now EXQQQME), Lindori, Shanra the Dragon Bard, OtherWorldShukumei, and AnnElf! And thanks to all the ticket holders and donators!

August 21-31, 2010: THE Charity Luau raised over 133k for 18 charities! Of the 50 ticket holders, 16 successfully visited all 18 charities, 5 poets entered 6 poems, 11 folks made 12 tektek or snapshot avatars, and 8 clever elves gave 13 correct logic puzzle answers. Thank you to all the Fantastic Elves who helped make this event such fun: delphine17, EXQQQME (now THE Little Helper Elf), Lindori, Shanra the Dragon Bard, Goldine, and AnnElf! And thanks to all the ticket holders and charity owners without whom this would never have happened!

December 23-28, 2010: THE Charity Christmas Carnival raised over 11 million gold for 19 charities! Of the 226 Ticket Holders, 11 visited the charities, 17 stopped by the Carnival Booth for a prize, 23 Clever Elves solved logic puzzles, 7 poets submitted poems, and 13 elves contributed Mad Libs. 64 Snow Balls were thrown! Thank you to all the Fantastic Elves who helped make this event so much fun even in the Spotlight: THE Little Helper Elf, Shanra the Dragon Bard, Goldine, AnnElf and JoyRose with her Friendship patches)! And thanks to all the loved ticket holders and donators and charity owners!

July 1-4, 2011: THE Charity Midsummer Splash raised over 400k for 8 charities! Of the 26 tickets sold, 2 solved logic puzzles, 5 submitted tekteks, 3 submitted poems, 2 played Marco Polo, and one entered the coloring contest. The party was small but sweet. Thanks to NSTG guild who helped host the party and to my ever fantastic elves, and most of all the loved ticket holders and donators and charity owners!

December 16-26, 2011: THE Charity Christmas Jubilee raised over 1,700,000g for 14 charities! Of the 29 tickets sold, 5 solved logic puzzles, 5 won at Poker, 5 wrote letters to Santa, 4 played Craps, and 5 participated in our Chess Role Play. Thanks to NSTG guild who hosted Pictures with Santa at the party, and to all my fantastic elves who helped run the bumping contests and other games, and especially to all the loved ticket holders and charity owners!

May 24-28, 2012: THE Charity Triple Treat raised over 2,369,000g for 17 charities! Tickets sold: 19. Thanks to all who came and donated and had fun!

December 22-26, 2013: THE Christmas Charity Festival raised over 164k for 16 charities! 26 tickets were sold. Thanks to all who came and donated and had fun!

February 24, 2013: Thank you, Gaia, for awarding me this year's The Gaimanitarian Award at the GaiAcademy Awards!

July 14, 2017: Photobucket killed my graphics. I replaced all my old graphics with imgur images and had to edit the first post, unsticky-ing this thread. Thank you to Zefius for re-stickifying it!

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 7: Earning Platinum Quickly on Gaia

Earning platinum on Gaia can be quick and easy. Here are some ways in one place. Good luck!

User Image Post. If you post the amount of platinum you have now, you can watch your earnings for this session grow!
You can click the icon to your left (the red check mark) to go to your own subscribed threads.
You also earn a bit just browsing around the site.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Vote on avatars in the Runway. Do this at least once every day for an increasing first-vote reward. You can do it up to 50 times in a row for a bit more platinum (1 per vote).

wahmbulance Get Daily Chance at DC:Home DC:My Gaia DC:Gaia Cash DC:Shops DC:GOFusion DC:Forums DC:World DC:Games DC:Mobile . Each of my links only goes to the Daily Chance reward, not the landing page or cart itself. You can also get freebies from Dumpster Dive. although most likely it will not be worth much. However, sometimes it's something nice, and free is good!

emotion_dealwithit The most lucrative games are Lake Kindred and zOMG. For help, see the List of Lake Kindred Guides or zOMG Guides and Resources. You can also play other games in the Games tab, but they are a slow way to get platinum.

gaia_crown Sell an item from your Inventory. Sometimes selling things in the Marketplace will get you more than the half-price the stores give, but for very inexpensive things you may find no one will buy your item at any price. Also, you need a Trading Pass to sell things in the Marketplace. This pass can be bought at the Bank after you have been on Gaia at least 3 days.

yum_shrimp Play Booty Grab by visiting Gaia Aquarium Subforum and checking through a few pages of aquariums. For hints on how to play, see Booty Grab Guide.

yum_shrimp Visit your aquarium. Once per day the Overseer will grant you a gift if you have any fish in your aquarium (click on it when it's open and glowing). When your fish die they also leave a gift (click the fish drop in the Special tab of your inventory). Booty Grab Guide gives a good summary of how to make your aquarium provide the best prizes.

lol Vote in a poll. Check out the Chatterbox forum for threads with polls.

gaia_spoons Comment in a profile. Feel free to use mine.

emotion_yatta Add a comment to someone's Journal (again, feel free to use mine.)

idea Add an entry to your own Journal.

Thank you to JoyRose who first made this resource and most of the graphics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff