Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is NOT a charity

But this IS a poll! Thanks for the gold! 0.66599430469862 66.6% [ 28065 ]
I have a charity to add. 0.057475083056478 5.7% [ 2422 ]
I'm looking for a charity. I'll click one of the links listed. 0.2765306122449 27.7% [ 11653 ]
Total Votes:[ 42140 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 408 409 410 > >> >>> »|

Hey Santa, long time no see....glad to see the list back up. I'll check links in the upcoming months, if you still want the help. 3nodding heart

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Some Hints for making a successful Charity:

1. Have it planned out before your first post. What will you donate to each person? How will you pick the people to donate to? Will you use special rules to make sure they read the rules? How will you acquire the stuff to donate? Larger donations are cool but harder to finance. If you don't think you can pretty much fund the charity with just you and the staff you have on board, you may wish to rethink the idea. Few people actually donate significant amounts to charities regularly.

2. Plan your thread in an offline word processor post by post. You may want to reserve all 15 posts of the first page so no one can stretch the page or otherwise mar your presentation. You'll probably want the following posts: Introduction, Rules, List of People who donated to your charity, List of people that the charity has helped, Staff members/story of the charity, Contests if any, Affiliates links including banners and links to your charity for others to use to advertise your thread. The order of posts isn't really important. Many charities include a Table of Contents on the first post.

3. Collect a good-sized "pot" to start with before opening your charity (at least 10k, preferably more like 30k-40k).

4. Beautify your charity with artwork that goes with your charity's theme, but try to keep images small so they load faster, especially for our dail-up friends.

5. You might wish to hold a Bumping contest to get your thread rolling. If you hold a lotto you might want to check out this thread of rules about that.
Hurray! I was wondering when this would be ready.

Thanks so much.
heart
Owner: Drunk_Vader
URL of Charity: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pt=1118170923&p=395160941#395160941
Charity Name: Randomness Charity
Restrictions (minimum/maximum number of posts, length on Gaia, length/age of quest thread, etc.): None
woot new list list!

Just a note for santa: The YwBc charity is going to be closed for about a week. Sam and I need to sort out money and donation issues, then we'll get back up. I'll post again when we are. Thanks for doing this!

Prince Yuriy's Waifu

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ninja

Just a note, but after TADC...my charity...runs out of funds, we are temporarily closing so I can finish my quest...we have 5k currently, and we are going to reopen with a bang...hopefully with 117k for the charity. eek
Yay for santa!
Owner: Sailor_Chibi
URL of Charity: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pt=1112325374&p=336473879#336473879
Charity Name: Eternal Light of the Gaians
Restrictions (minimum/maximum number of posts, length on Gaia, length/age of quest thread, etc.): Minimum of 300 posts, must be a member of Gaia for at least three months, quest thread that is active, well-organised (with a place to thank donators) and at least five pages, at least 25% of item price saved (exceptions sometimes made).

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention that my charity helps questers. At the present time, I don't give donations to newbies or anything like that. Questers only... 3nodding
Owner: TheLostOne42
URL of Charity: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7953601
Charity Name: Desperate People Charity
Restrictions (minimum/maximum number of posts, length on Gaia, length/age of quest thread, etc.): Fill out form provided in the second post, must be filled out correctly, and NO PMing me asking for donations
Owner: BeautyReincarnated Co-Owner: cherrydevil328
URL of Charity: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7158032
Charity Name: The Blue Cheshire-Moon Charity
Restrictions(minimum/maximum number of posts, length on Gaia, length/age of quest thread, etc.): There are no real restrictions. Quest threads are preferred, but not required. We go by gut instict, and the rules help us decide who is or is not deserving of a donation.
I need money

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Owner: FireGoddess101
URL of Charity: Fire's Charity
Charity Name: Fire's Charity
Restrictions: 200+ posts or two months old. Most also post in orange.

I'm a new charity by the way.

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
mini40688
I need money

Did you even read the first page of this sticky? No? Figures. This is not a charity! scream
Wow, nice thread Santa! Hope you like my new look. Not the best, but it'll do for me. Merry Christmas Santa and all!

*sets out milk and cookies*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces