Total Votes:[ 1298 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 3330 3331 3332 > >> >>> »|

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

Best & Worst Applications

I have decided to give you examples of well-written and crappy applications we receive. Since donations aren't based on how active you are in the thread, we take the application process very seriously.

To break it down further in how we choose our Shining Stars:
50% - Application (Put effort into it!)
50% - You're actively questing the item and making progress (If you apply with only 10k and by the time we revisit your application and we see your progress is still 10k, you don't have a shot)

Below are real responses that were given to the important question asked on the application: Why should you be chosen as a Bright Star or Mini Star Recipient?

These responses were one of the BEST and resulted in being chosen as a Bright Star recipient:
Quote:
This is probably the first time ever that I’ve truly set my heart down for something, and really shown dedication in obtaining it. Any previous quests that I might've tried to embark on usually would go down the drain because I had been fickle with my choices, and changed minds all too often. This time though, I am certain about what I am doing, and am constantly keeping myself in check as to not stray off the path. I fell in love with Fallen Star at first sight and am determined to get it. Except for tipping everyone who drops by my quest thread, other questers, and just random statements I happen to find hilarious or eye-catching, I can assert that I have not spent any of my hard earned pure on anything from the marketplace or gold shop. Naturally, I am also extremely grateful to all those who've helped me through whatever means it may be. When I did decide to donate during the course of the one week since I started my quest thread, I gave the donatee something from my inventory that I wasn’t sure in selling because of the number of listings already there. At the same time, I also check to make sure that the items I do send another’s way isn’t something I received myself from someone else. Because, for the lack of better words, that’s simply really disrespectful to the donators. The latest item I gave away just because I could was Mineiro’s Scroll, which I bought from the Cash Shop alongside Rosamund’s Redemption that I sold in hoped of advancing towards my goal. Ultimately, what I’m trying to get to is that even while staying on the road to Fallen Star, I don’t forget to give back as much as my inventory allows me to. This is a first, but hey, we all have to start somewhere, right?
Quote:
I have been giving to the Gaian community even before I had enough money to make a decent avi. I've donated and given almost twice of what my account is worth currently to friends and other Gaians that are in need of items. A charity guild was thrown at me a little while after I joined the guild ( a month or two after I rejoined gaia on a new account). I ran it for several months on my own funds and funds that were donated to me and helped several people. Once it died, instead of taking all of my items and money back, I gave it to another charity so they could help others as well smile . I've helped a lot around the community and just would like a moment for myself I guess. I know that is selfish :/, but I think it would be more than awesome to get a really nice item myself for once smile . I hope that you can help me achieve that smile . Thank you for taking the time to read my application smile . I really appreciate it ^__^
___________________________________________________________________________________________

These responses were one of the WORST and resulted in NO donation (pay attention to the words in red that you should never include in your application):
Quote:
Well..I do not know..Im like all other Gaian trying to get something to finish or progress there quests and in hope to complete them soon.
Quote:
To be honest I cant think of why it should be me, there are alot of deserving questers out there as well! I will leave it on you guys!
Quote:
I really want it to help with my dream avatar
Quote:
Because I know that it will probably be damn near impossible to get most of the items I want for my dream avis with out a little help from a charity or two and some really kind donators.
Quote:
Because every time I check the marketplace the price has went up. X.x I'm about ready to stab Gaia inflation,lol.... And because Christmas set me back this year. ^^''
Quote:
I have donated a lot in the past and received a lot as well. In order to get this far in my quest, I sold about 90% of my invo. Its going a lot slower, I guess, since im not really posting in charities or participating in contests. im just waiting on donations.

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

O.G. Lovergirl

Wish you luck and thanks for the cupcakes. *yum, peanut butter.*

O.G. Lovergirl

Mikkiel
Wish you luck and thanks for the cupcakes. *yum, peanut butter.*

Ah, thanks as always. heart