Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 534 535 536 > >> >>> »|

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Welcome to THE Charity Christmas Ball!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

THE Charity Christmas Ball will begin December 22nd and go through December 25th, 2006.
To get a ticket, please start a trade with me, THE Santa Claus, for 300g. I will confirm the trade and PM you a ticket. Please post the ticket in your sig or thread or elsewhere to spread the word.
REMEMBER, EVERY BIT OF GOLD I GET FROM TICKET SALES GOES TO PARTICIPATING CHARITIES HERE ON GAIA! Thank you!

PRIZES!!!

A random Clever Elf (winner of the Secret Santa Game) will win a July 2005 Thank You Letter containing either a Solar Headdress or a Lunar Cowl!
(Christmas in July ninja )
A 2nd Prize has been donated! 5000 Gift Credits useable in the shops!

A random Sage (Logic Puzzle Winner) will win a December 2005 Thank You Letter containing either a Winter Fox Mink or an Ice Tiara!

The Winner of the Window Displays Art Contest will win 1000g!
(Other prizes for artwork will also be given out!)

The winners of both bumping contests will each win 4k, 2nd place winners will win 2k and 3rd place winners will win 1k!

1. THE Introduction
2. How to play THE Charity Secret Santa Game
3. Secret Santas (THE Form for playing THE Charity Secret Santa Game)
4. THE Christmas Puzzles and Verified Winners
5. THE Window Display Art Contest Rules
6. THE Ticket Holders and Donators
7. THE List of Participating Charities
8. THE Clever Elves (Secret Santa Game Winners!
9. How Charities Can Participate in THE Ball
10. Banners to Link This and Other Events and Petitions
11. Bumping Contest Rules
12. Pre-Event Bumping Contest Standings
13. Event Bumping Contest Standings
14. THE Journal (Quotable Quotes)
15. (Page 2) THE Scrapbook (Artwork Donated)

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 2. How to play THE Charity Secret Santa Game

Each charity will have a secret santa. On the first page of their charity will be a Christmas Gift icon User Image and next to the icon will be a sentence containing a number. That is the page number where their Secret Santa Elf posted.

Go to the page number indicated in that charity and look for the Secret Santa message, which will look like this:

User Image

Whoever posted that message is that charity's Secret Santa Elf. Use THE Secret Santa Game form in the next post to record the name of that charity under the correct Secret Santa.

PM me the form when complete. Please do not post it anywhere.

After the event is over I will award a July 2005 Thank You Letter (containing a Solar Headdress or Lunar Cowl) to one of the winners randomly by numbering all the winners and generating a number randomly in this thread. You must have purchased a ticket to win a prize. Tickets cost 300g and can be purchased from me. Consolation prizes will be Christmas flowers.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 3. Secret Santas (THE Form for playing THE Charity Secret Santa Game)

Elves who are acting as Secret Santas include:

Evelyn Elf

Joanna7025

JoyRose

Rickdoon

samsonite

SSBrosM

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 4. THE Christmas Puzzles and Sages (Verified Winners)

I have made 4 Christmas logic puzzles. The first one is very easy. The second one is more difficult. The third is the more challenging. The 4th is most difficult. You may PM me about them as often as you like. This is not "first answer = only answer" situation. I definitely believe in second (and third and so on) chances!

Please PM me your solutions if you wish to be entered in the drawing for a December 2005 Thank You Letter for this game. You must have purchased a ticket to win a prize. Tickets are 300g and can be bought from me. Start your trade with "ticket" in the title. Good luck and enjoy!

PUZZLE ONE
I'm sorting out the wishlists of three good kids. They each want a different toy and a different game. Which kid wants what? In which order are they on my List?

Jim is between the one who wants card games and the one who wants video games.
Tim comes after the one who wants card games.
The one wanting a bike is between Kim and the kid who wants a robot.
I also have to deliver a whistle and a board game.

You now have enough information to solve the Christmas List Riddle! Thanks to Everett Kaser who designed the game Sherlock, upon which this riddle was based. If you wish to verify your solution, PM me.

PUZZLE TWO
My friends put on a lovely Christmas Parade! One dressed up as Baby Jesus drinking milk, playing with a rattle and wrapped in a blanket. He rode on a float that was shaped like a manger. Who was in which order in the parade, what they were snacking on, what favorite gift did they bring with them, what did they wear and what did their float look like? Clues that say "next to" mean either one could come before the other in the parade order, but they are right next to each other in the parade. "Between" means next to both other items, one on before and one after. "Some time" simply gives a hint to the ordering, but does NOT mean "next to" though they may be next to each other, too. Good luck!

The sounds of a jingle ball, one of the favorite gifts, gave the parade a festive sound!
The elf's favorite gift was tools, of course.
Mrs. Claus wore a decorative apron as she gave and got her favorite gifts all along the parade route: hugs!
The angel wore a pure white gown (not the green hat) as she played her favorite gift, a harp.
The one snacking on chocolates was last in the parade, next to the one in the red hat.
The manger float came between the one in the red hat and the one eating pie.
The cloud float led the parade, followed immediately by the train float.
A sleigh float came some time later in the parade.
The elf was somewhere ahead of the person whose favorite gift was hugs in the parade.
The elf was next to the one with the harp.
The one snacking on carrots was next to the rocking chair float.
The one in the blanket was next to the elf.
Rudolph brought sugar cookies because they were someone's favorite snack.

You now have enough information to solve the Christmas Parade Riddle! Thanks to Everett Kaser who designed the game Sherlock, upon which this riddle was based. If you wish to verify your solution, PM me.

PUZZLE THREE
Each elf whose name begins with E (like Elvis) is partnered with an elf whose name begins with P (like Pearl, who is not necessarily Elvis' partner). Which elf partners are working on which toy (like bikes) using which tool (like a needle)? Which snack are each pair eating? What is the color of their table and what order are the tables in from left to right? Elvis and Pearl and the bikes and the needle are also part of the puzzle but not necessarily together.

One of the tables is black.
Cookies are at the fourth table from the left.
Pete drinks milk.
Elaine works next to Pat.
One set of elves uses glue to make carts.
Pam uses string to make her toys.
Esther makes tops.
Eve puts down her wrench to eat carrots.
Paul stops making puzzles to eat apples.
Esther works between the doll-makers and the elves who use scissors.
The brown table is somewhere to the left of the elves eating bread.
Pete works next to the elves eating carrots.
The blue table is next to the red table.
Elmer works next to the green table.
Paul works next to the elves eating cookies.
Elijah eats apples at his red table.
The brown table is next to the yellow table.
Pat makes drums.
Elaine works next to the elves eating peanuts.
The doll-makers work next to the drum-makers.
Penny works next to Esther.
Pam works next to the puzzle-makers.
The doll-makers work next to the elves using string.
The elves eating bread work next to the elves using a knife.
The elves using a wrench work next to the blue table.

You now have enough information to solve the Christmas Workshop Puzzle! Thanks to Everett Kaser who designed the game Sherlock, upon which this puzzle was based. If you wish to verify your solution, PM me.

PUZZLE FOUR
The director of this year's Christmas Pagent was a bit eccentric. Each actor had a prop made of something different, like cardboard, and a costume of a different color. He learned which Gaian NPC each actor liked best. No two actors picked the same one (and all the actors were elves whose names begin with "E" or "P" wink . When decorating each dressing room, he put a poster of that actor's favorite Gaian NPC on the wall and set up a place for each one's unique pet in a corner. Then he coded the door of each dressing room with a different symbol instead of the name of the actor. He had a shape for each actor to stand on when on stage. Then he mixed up the order in which they came on stage, which you also can deduce from the following clues. For each character in the pagent, name the actor, what the prop was made of, the color of the costume, the favorite Gaian NPC, his or her pet, the symbol on the dressing room door, and the shape he or she stood upon in order from the first one on stage to the last. Good luck!

Pam came on stage last.
The donkey's name is Sasha, after it's owner's favorite Gaian NPC.
Paul's prop of Myrrh was made with water and the symbol on his door was a tomb.
The one who is for Gambino stands on the hexagon.
Elmer played "Joseph" in a blue costume.
The door for the actor playing the angel had a harp symbol on it, not a bell.
The one with a prop made of cotton balls and a cane symbol on the door wore green.
The angel either wore a white costume OR had a cane symbol on the door, but NOT both.
The actor who played "Gaspar" had a pet camel and a treasure chest symbol on his door.
One had the rose symbol on the door stood on the heart, not the oval.
The one who likes Leon had a manger symbol on the door.
The one whose prop was made of paper likes Rina best, even more than Moira.
Elaine played "Mary" with a prop made of milk, not cardboard.
The one with the cane on the door stood on the square.
Peter, not Elvis, stood on the triangle.
Pat had a pet ox, not a cow.
The "Shepherd" was either played by Elmer or by the actor with a pet sheep, NOT both.
"Balthazar" was played by Paul.
The sheep liked the cotton balls of its owner's prop.
The one with a pet mouse had a pink costume.
The one with the paper prop was next to the one whose prop was made of cloth.
The one with a harp on the door came next to the one with a rose on the door.
The one with a pet dove came on next to the one who went to the circle.
Elaine came next to the one with the pet dove.
The one with a plastic prop stood next to the one with a cane on the door.
"Balthazar" came next to the one wearing a yellow costume.
The green costume came on stage just before or just after the purple costume.
The one in a white costume came on stage between Joseph and the one with a pet mouse.
The one with the wooden prop was next to the one with a tools symbol on the door.
The one in the blue costume came between the one in brown and Eve.
The one with the parrot was next to the one who likes Becky.
"Melchior" came on stage to stand next to the one with a pet sheep.
Eve came on stage some time before Pat did.
The Innkeeper came next to the one in the blue costume.
The one standing on the star came on stage some time before the one in black.
The one on the octagon came on between the one in purple and the one in yellow.
The angel came on stage some time before Paul.
The one who stands on the circle comes on stage some time before Elaine.
The one with a treasure chest on the door came next to the one on the octagon.
The one with the harp on the door came on some time before the one standing on the square.
The one with a pet camel came on stage some time before the one who likes Cindy.
The one who likes Becky came on between the one who likes Vanessa and the one in black.
The one who likes Becky came on stage between the one standing on the square and the one standing on the octagon.

You now have enough information to solve the Christmas Pagent Puzzle! Thanks to Everett Kaser who designed the game Sherlock, upon which this puzzle was based. If you wish to verify your solution, PM me.

Those Sages who have Verified their correct solutions:

Code: biggrin = Solved Puzzle 1, exclaim = Solved Puzzle 2, eek = Solved Puzzle 3, mrgreen = Solved Puzzle 4!

1,2,3 - ~Keaira Ghealai~ biggrin exclaim eek
4,5 - 99a biggrin exclaim
6,7- =[Cheerio]= biggrin exclaim
8,9 - =[DarkWildKat]= biggrin exclaim
10,11 - =[Nightmare City]= biggrin exclaim
12,13 - [Mildly Amusing] biggrin exclaim
14,15 - AKA Superman biggrin exclaim
16,17 - bai_lang biggrin exclaim
18,19 - BakurasKitten biggrin exclaim
20,21 - BladeChildKat biggrin exclaim
22,23,24,25 - BrokenLioness biggrin exclaim eek mrgreen
26,27 - Burning Peasant Head biggrin exclaim
28 - Cathain MacTire biggrin
29,30 - Gramma Rassie biggrin exclaim
31,32,33 - Elizi biggrin exclaim eek
34,35,36 - JoyRose biggrin exclaim eek
37 - kimmy65651 biggrin
39,40,41 - magicheide biggrin exclaim eek
42,43,44 - Qevna biggrin exclaim eek
45 - sekushi_fairy biggrin
46,47 - TDAChick biggrin exclaim
48,49 - True Myth biggrin exclaim
50,51,52 - weirdguy biggrin exclaim eek WINNER OF THE DEC 05 LETTER! CONGRATULATIONS!!
53,54 - xDevilBakurax biggrin : exclaim

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 5. THE Window Display Art Contest Rules

This little contest will be judged purely subjectively. My intention is that every entry get at least 100g as a prize and then one lucky winner will get 1k! I may increase prizes to suit myself but everyone who enters artwork that shows at least a little effort will get 100g. It is free to enter! It's just for fun, really, so don't stress too much over the artwork!

Rules of submission:

1. The artwork must obey Gaia TOS and Rules including staying within the 500x500 pixel size limit and 100,000 byte file size limit.

2. I remember the old window displays in department store windows downtown. I'm looking for any December holiday-themed graphic of your own making for a similar effect in THE Window Displays thread. It may be animated or not, so long as the work is your own.

3. Please post the artwork in THE Window Displays thread. Post as many graphics as you like but you may only win one prize. All art must be posted by Saturday, December 23rd.

4. Visitors are welcome, but of course may not copy or take credit for any graphics there from someone else.

5. I will judge them on or after December 25th and award gold as I like. Prizes are small mostly because I'm not sure of my own judging abilities and want to give all participants a prize. I'd rather give everyone a small amount than nothing to most and a big prize to one or two folks.

ARTISTS' ARTWORK ON DISPLAY:

~Keaira Ghealai~ p.1
Aria-of-light - p.1 - THE WINNER
Baronette - p.1
Charinje - p.2
JoyRose - p.1
magicheide - p.2

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 6. Ticket Holders and Donators are LOVED! heart
heart or 4laugh by name means they gave more than the cost of a ticket. THANK YOU!

~Keaira Ghealai~ heart
~The Masked Donator~ 4laugh
+[B.P.H]+
`Tanuki heart
99a heart
=[Cheerio]=
=[DarkWildKat]=
=[Nightmare City]=
-[Emo Fairy Namine`]-
-various.jams- heart
[K I M M Y]
[Mildly Amusing] 4laugh
.[Cherbear].KHrulz.
.risetonight.
agni_dreamer
AishaLove 4laugh
AKA Superman heart
Alura19 heart
Amigo_amigo_amigo 4laugh
Anakasha1222
angelshinobi
Aria-of-light 4laugh
aznplayer4
bai_lang 4laugh
BakurasKitten
Baronette
BladeChildKat
BrokenLioness 4laugh
Burning Peasant Head heart
Captain Rammstein 4laugh
Cathain MacTire heart
catzgirl1234
Charinje heart
Chill Charity
Cynical Strawberry
Elizi
Evelyn Elf heart
Fluffy Acid Teddy
Girl_lover5 heart
Gramma Rassie 4laugh
GSC
hatchi-san heart
heck_yes92
iymcool 4laugh
jakebond2 heart
jerzeeboii 4laugh
JoyRose heart
kimmy65651
Lady Zypher heart
Lady_Flamestress
Lindori 4laugh
Lord_LHUSID2 heart
Maggie writes
magicheide
mappia heart
Maverick Surfer
Meatwad387
Megaera` 4laugh
Meilin1
Nekotsuma heart
Principalkitten 4laugh
Qevna
samsonite heart
sekushi_fairy
shad0wpupp3tmast3r 4laugh
serenemercury 4laugh
Sparkyperson
Swt_Irish_Rosie
Takira Hanshu heart
tayani heart
TDAChick 4laugh
The Confused Wanderer heart
Tohamam_Higurashi
True Myth heart
weirdguy heart
yakusugy 4laugh
Wikki-chan : heart:
Wills the Guy 4laugh
xcujox heart
xDevilBakurax
xvampericxchickx

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 8. THE Clever Elves
(Winners of the Secret Santa Game, one of whom will randomly win a December 2005 Thank You Letter containing Winter Fox Mink or Ice Tiara!)

A gift of 5,000 gift credits will be given to a ticket holder who is runner-up by angel_baby_4. These may be used in any of the shops (not the marketplace) around gaia.

1. ~Keaira Ghealai~
2. `Tanuki
3. -various.jams-
4. =[Cheerio]=
5. =[DarkWildKat]=
6. =[Nightmare City]= WINNER OF THE JULY 05 LETTER! CONGRATULATIONS!!
7. AKA Superman
8. Alura19
9. BakurasKitten
10. BladeChildKat
11. Charinje
12. Chill Charity
13. Elizi
14. kimmy65651 WINNER OF THE 5000 CREDITS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
15. Maverick Surfer
16. Meilin1
17. Swt_Irish_Rosie
18. TDAChick
19. Takira Hanshu
20. xDevilBakurax

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 9. How Charities Can Participate in THE Charity Christmas Ball

+PM me that your charity wishes to participate. Please include the name of your charity in the title of the PM so when I PM you back with a page number it's easier for me.

+ Post the page number in a Christmas-themed sentence by the "gift" icon User Image on the first page of your charity thread no later than December 20th. Make sure the only number in your sentence is the page number I give you.

EXAMPLE: (If I gave the Sample Charity "page 123" wink

Sample Charity
User Image The Sample Charity made 123 samplers for sweet grannies all over the world!

You can use this code for the icon:

[img]http://graphics2.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/4a4c09ae697.png[/img]

+ Bump the event thread at least 50 times (spread out over many days or all on one day, any split you like). Charity Bumps must include the name of the charity and may be bumped by any staff member. Charity bumps over 50 will earn extra gold for your charity (how much depends on how much gold I have). These bumps do not count for the staff member's personal bump count.

+ Post a banner and link to this event somewhere on the first page of your charity thread.

+ Put up a new poll for the event

+ Keep actively giving throughout the event

These are all optional, but the more of the above tasks your charity completes, the more prize gold your charity will get at the end of the event. 3nodding

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 10. Banners and other links:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Thanks to JoyRose

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20061771] [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/yzw89k[/img][/url]

User Image Thanks to Nekotsuma

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20061771] [img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/inuyasharocks35/Christmas.gif[/img][/url]

Also, I'm offering my avatar for use here:
User Image
Photos
With
Santa

Also, please help with these petitions if you're willing:

User Image

A Petition to Let Us Change Our Trade Titles Again

Possible Petition ideas:
Elizi
i totally think Gaia needs a cold emoticon, he should be blue and have icicles hanging off him. also a sleepy icon with zzzzzzzz's would be cool.
(I'd like one that throws confetti for a party!)
Post 11. Bumping Contest Rules

*Bumpers must hold a ticket, which The Santa Clause sells for just 200g.

*Post in this thread and please number your bumps. (Any bump/post that isn't numbered doesn't count towards the bumping contest.)

*If you are bumping for a charity, you must put what charity you are bumping for in each post. (Ex: Bump 1 for ______)

*Bumps must be numbered sequentially (1,2,3,4...). Misnumbered bumps may be disqualified. If you see you have missed some numbers, please make those bump numbers before continuing with your bumps (if you left off at 94 but missed #22, start with bump 22 then continue with bump 95 and on). Failure to fix misnumbered bumps could cost you the prize.

*You may use the word "bump," a graphic, or another posted word/phrase --just please be consistent -- it makes it easier to check!

*There will be two bumping contests. The first one starts on December 3rd and runs till the 21st. The second starts on the 22nd of December and runs till the 25th.

*The bumper with the most bumps wins 4k. 2nd Place Prize is 2k. Third Place Prize is 1k. Bumpers who tie for two places (or all three places) will split the winnings. (If two folks tied for 2nd and 3rd place would split the 4k equally, each getting 2k)

*Standings will be recorded below in Post 12 and Post 13.
Post 12. Pre-Event Bumping Contest Standings
Started on December 3rd, Page 7. Ended on December 22nd, Page 462.

1st: BakurasKitten - 1740
2nd: Elizi - 1320
3rd: ~Keaira Ghealai~ - 820

samsonite - 51
-various.jams- - 50
Tohamam_Higurashi - 28
Principalkitten - 5
aznplayer4 - 3
Post 13. Event Bumping Contest Standings
Started on December 22nd, Page 462. Ended on December 26th, Page 534

1st: BakurasKitten - 370
2nd: aznplayer4 - 212
3rd: Elizi - 200

heck_yes92 - 170
-various.jams- - 6
Ryu-Kyoki - 3
magicheide - 3
Wikki-chan - 1

Charity Bumps:
Ghostly Giveaway - 570
Gaia Hat Charity - 441
The Gaian Smiles Charity - 300
*Name Here* Charity - 200
Dreamcatchers Charity - 150
The Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream Charity - 112
Charity of the White Wolf - 105
|Q| Charity - 100
The Ebenezer Foundation - 100
PandaManda's Bouquet & Hat Charity for New Gaians - 61
Chill Charity - 50
The Fork Charity - 45
The Destiny Charity - 30
Every Day is Christmas Charity - 23
The Bittersweet Charity - 18
Element Charity - 15
Triple "A" Charity - 9

List updated up to page 534.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Post 14. Journal (Quotable Quotes)
Lady Zypher
hehe, always donating to support the charites... not to play the games xP

Takira Hanshu
BakurasKitten

Oooh! Milk!!!
But of course. You can't have cookies with out milk. In fact, there should be a law for it.

Thou shall always eat cookies with milk.

Elizi
These are the only bump contests i obsess over since the cause is so good i figure the more i bump the more people will see it.
[@ fellow bumper who was thinking of giving up] no, keep trying, the more the merrier.

Maggie writes
I know how missing friends can be, though. yuck. I hope you won't have to move again. But at least you could still keep me if you did! HA!

Cartagia
Aww, you always have such excellent events for charities! heart 3nodding

Alura19
And I absolutely love the puzzle game!
I used to do those all the time when I was little.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff