Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Welcome to my Quest Thread!

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm Anjoulie, your delighted host.

(This has become a bit wordy. If you just want to know what I am questing for, please skip ahead to the third post.)

I have been around Gaia for a year and a bit ... but I've never quested for anything - at least not in the way most people seem to do.
When I joined, I made a list of all the items I liked. Then I started following the price changes on these items, while I was slowly gathering gold, and bought things from the list whenever I saw something for a good price (and had the gold). I still keep adding to this list and removing items I obtain. (I'm not going to inflict the full list on you, don't worry.)
So you can imagine there was an element of randomness to what entered my inventory.
Nevertheless, I dressed my avatar with what I, more or less, found in there - and I never thought it looked bad.
Only there are a few items in my inventory that I haven't worn yet because my inventory was lacking something to wear them with. This is where I had the dangerous idea of using tektek to see if I could come up with something that would match one of these items.
The first outfit that I came up with like that contains an item that I personally find ridiculously overpriced. (I'll spare you the picture of that for now. ^^)

My sanity told me that I cannot possibly quest for that.

But then my sanity must have taken a break when a few rogue neurons of mine came up with the idea:
"I wonder whether I can make a cool avatar in brown ..."
What I came up with then just wouldn't go out of my head (and bookmarks) and friends of mine liked it and sugested I quest for it - because, obviously, it contains a few items that I don't have yet. Some of them are not quite cheap, sadly - though not nearly as ridiculously overpriced as the one I mentioned above.

So this is why, finally, I've decided to put up a quest thread and see whether this will help in any way, because I keep staring at these (and other) things in the market as they keep rising in price, which in turn keeps me from buying them.

I'll probably keep buying random unrelated things from my list when I see them for cheap. 'Side quests', if you will.
However, I'd never spend gold that was given to me for a different purpose than what was intended for.

You're welcome to stick around, watch my snail-like progress or even speed me up, if you'd like to contribute towards my goal(s).
That would be very nice, but it's in no way expected.
You can also just keep me company, let yourself be entertained by my silliness, random things I may post and whatnot.

As for real-time encounters, my favorite flash habitat is zomg, where I can often be found on the beach, digging for gold. ^^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magnetic Phantom

Rules

This should go without saying, but just to be sure:

• Obviously, please follow the Terms of Service and the Forum Rules.
  • Please employ proper grammar, be literate and respectful.
  • If you'd like to donate something, you're very welcome to do so. Just please make sure that you're the legitimate owner of what you donate. I wouldn't want to find my trading pass suspended or anything else unpleasant.
  • Oh, and please don't copy my avatars. It would make me feel weird and I'm sure you can be more creative.

Other than that, please enjoy my thread. :3

Magnetic Phantom

Quest

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So this is the avatar I'm trying to arrive at.
Or rather, it's one of many variants, but it's one that actually layers this way and that I need the least items for. See below.

Something I've been meaning to do for a while now, is to make a monochrome (or mostly monochrome) avatar.
I've already found out, the hard way of course, that my first idea for that won't layer on Gaia.
But I've some up with something different now, that does layer, and I made a lot of different variants for that. Basically all of those variants make use of a few core items, which I'm planning to obtain first - and then see which variant I like best (or find most feasible).

User Image Laced Blessings

Some of the variant items are already listed below, others are in my list at the bottom of this page.

I realized that I prefer White Body Dye to the alternatives available.
I've been casually collecting bugs in towns for a while already and I've always kept inks when I get them. Currently I have about 150 White Ink of the 500 that are needed and I keep catching bugs whenever I can.

But I'll gladly accept any red, blue, green bugs or red, blue, green, white Inks you don't need!

I'm trying to keep things from becoming too overwhelming.
And yet, there are some other items I find myself staring at more often than others.
What follows are but some of these things. They are for future avatars I have in mind.
If you want to see what I'd like to do with them, help me finish the above! wink

Magnetic Phantom

Future Quests, Side Quests, Too Many Quests

Because I'm nuts, I decided to craft a Glacemella ... one day.

This is why I'll need three of these hats User Image

An Azuramella and a Biancamella.

Also tons of tickets, Bachelor's Credits, Goldfish, Guppies, Paper and Flowers.
Or else Philosopher's Caches, particularly Aquamarine, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst ones.

I'm getting there at a snail's pace my way there but any help will always be appreciated. :3 heart

User Image User ImageUser Image

These last two terrorize me by simultaneously being pretty - and pretty expensive:

User Image User Image ... And yet, I keep staring at them. gonk

* I don't care about generations at all, especially with rapid Evolution Items which come with all poses available right away.

Magnetic Phantom

Progress

2011/06/06 - thread created!
2011/06/07 - thread modified
2011/06/10 - bought Top Rhythms
2011/07/10 - bought Chill of Artemis
2011/07/17 - bought The Speakeasy
2011/08/12 - bought Nautilus Raiment
2011/09/01 - thread modified to include future quests! Also sneakily opened.
2011/09/07 - bought Sawyer and Finn
2011/09/10 - bought Wizard's Grand Gala
2011/09/13 - bought Steamgear Desperado
2011/09/14 - Sai donated 50k o.O heart
2011/09/15 - thread modified to include a more comprehensive item list!
2011/09/15 - bought Sugarsuite and Mineiro Scroll
2011/09/17 - Snow donated Oilstained Conductor o.O heart
2011/09/17 - Lady Alzbeta donated 20k O.o (and a ton of pink items ^^) heart
2011/09/18 - An anonymous benefactor donated Padmavati's Lotus o.O heart
2011/09/19 - thread modified for Halloween quest
2011/10/02 - bought Indigo Flutter
2011/10/07 - bought Checkmate
2011/10/07 - bought Reve Rouille
2011/10/08 - Hat Bat Thwack donated 100k O.o heart
2011/10/12 - bought Silent Night
2011/10/12 - bought Little Lucie
2011/10/15 - bought Mobius Magician
2011/10/17 - bought Peter Pan
2011/10/20 - bought Ruby's Bra ... that sounds so wrong ...
2011/11/01 - bought Azuramella
2011/11/01 - bought Lady Alzbeta
2011/11/02 - bought Rose of Versailles
2011/11/08 - bought King of Life
2011/11/11 - bought Captain Clarino
2011/11/13 - bought Dandy's Reprise
2011/11/15 - bought Earnest Minstrel
2011/12/01 - bought Sunset Harvest
2011/12/06 - bought Gothic Passion
2011/12/16 - bought Silent Masquerade
2011/12/18 - sakanaya donated Silver Laurels o.O heart
2011/12/23 - Gentle Impulsion donated 50k O.o heart
2011/12/23 - bought The Librarian - finished first official quest!
2011/12/23 - bought Gothic Veil
2011/12/25 - Sibyl's Incantation was a christmas gift from the awesome [Eternal Rain] heart
2011/12/25 - Stray Dogs was a christmas gift from the awesome [Polaris] heart
2012/01/21 - bought Pistolera 4th Gen.
2012/02/22 - bought Gold Fruit Flourish
2012/03/13 - bought Le Carousel
2012/03/20 - bought Winter Rose
2012/04/08 - bought Highwire Belladonna
2012/04/13 - bought OMG Scarf
2012/04/14 - bought GLAM Entertainer
2012/04/21 - bought Bollywood Big Finish
2012/05/06 - bought Celestial Veil
2012/05/18 - bought Elemental Hair
2012/06/16 - bought Viva La Mode
2012/06/24 - bought The Wretched
2012/08/11 - bought Jade Rabbit
2012/08/12 - bought Runcible Spoon
2012/09/03 - bought Carmine the Skunk
2012/09/30 - bought Alpha Centauri
2012/10/27 - bought Silver Sprite
2012/11/28 - bought Unflattering Ducks
2012/12/23 - bought Imaginary Friend
2012/12/26 - An anonymous benefactor donated Sainte Ciel : Agape O.O heart
2013/01/15 - foreverquesting donated ... a shocking lot of things! O.O heart

Magnetic Phantom

Past Quests

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Because I don't have anything much to put up here yet, please enjoy these tektek-derived images of some of my past avatars.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magnetic Phantom

Notable Mentions

Donors

Sora Kodo ; Pyronic_Snow ; Yuki Atsukawa ; Hat Bat Thwack ; sakanaya ; Gentle Impulsion ; foreverquesting

Tippers

kureno9394 ; Yuki Atsukawa ; rosaleendhu ; msbossypants ; Lady_Elentari ; SincereGoodbyes ; oHoney ; _Famestruck_ ; Maia Tala ; Horny Mushrooms ; A.D.1492 ; Saki Corvis

White List

lovely_sidney ; yuki_lily ; Pyronic_Snow ; Aldfridus ; Yotsudai ; Sora Kodo ; Hat Bat Thwack

Black List

Nobody wants to see your name here. Including you.

Magnetic Phantom

Links

Lily's quest thread ...

User Image

... and pixel art shop:

User Image

Sidney and Yotsu want to make art for you:

User Image

User Image

Magnetic Phantom

Artsu by Yotsu:

User Image

Art by hpanna:

User Image

Magnetic Phantom

(content to be modified)

Magnetic Phantom

(content to be modified)

Magnetic Phantom

(content to be modified)

Magnetic Phantom

(content to be modified)

Magnetic Phantom

(content to be modified)

Magnetic Phantom

The List (under construction)

Monthly Collectibles

User Image User Image User Image

Evolving Items (and recolors)

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

* I don't care about generations at all, especially with rapid Evolution Items which come with all poses available right away.

Cash Shop Items

User Image

Animated Items

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Summons

Fluff Grass Fluff Cherry Fluff Sand Fluff Sandtrap Fluff Barnacle Fluff Carrion Fluff

Couldn't figure out how to link to their images instead of the sparkles.
They're listed in order of decreasing appeal. Basically, I'd just like to have a small herd of them.
I don't know whether there is any visual difference between Sand and Sandtrap Fluffs.

Chance Items

User Image Fortune Egg
User Image Famestar 2000 -
User Image Emerald Seed - Lonely Star
User Image Mystery Mood
User Image Snow Apple - Perfect Tragedy
User Image User Image Famestar Hero - Wrath of Gaia - Cirque du Gothique
User Image Hell Prison
User Image User Image User Image Bitter Frost - Revolution Dawn
User Image Lost Chapter
User Image Arcana Break - Eternal Rivals
User Image Screen King - Double Rainbow - Valefor Academy - Neverland -