• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Rainbowrific Renia - Moderator

She is the thread Moderator, she will also be permitted to give out regular donations. She has always made sure that beggars and application posters are shown to the right door, and has happily greeted many newcomers. Her dedication to the thread and long tenure on Gaia have earned her this position of Moderator. Please show her respect.

User Image
Cyrusus - Elite Regular

She has been a dedicated member of this thread for a very long time. She is an amazing contributor of philosophical discussion. She is also quite the connoisseur of anime and Vocaloid music, so if you're looking for somebody to talk to about those subject, you may happily discuss them with her. Please show her respect.

User Image
FriendofFoes - Elite Regular

The friend who welcomed me back to Gaia, who was a major supporter of this thread's development and growth. She's rather dangerous as you might be a target for her random gift bombs, so be careful. She's on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, but the thread is very progressive when she's around. Please show her respect.

User Image
Sakura Nekomimi - Elite Regular

She has been a dedicated member of this thread for a very long time. Perhaps the most bubbly person in this thread. Very caught up with school work at the moment, but the thread is definitely a happier place when she's around. Please show her respect.

User Image
Himemiya Neko - Elite Regular (retired)

She has been a very dedicated member for a long time. I feel as though I took her for granted as I hardly participate in conversations with her, but she still doesn't hesitate to conversate with any member old or new in display such a nice personality. I was impressed with her behavior during an argument, she handled it professionally and defended a rather wise point. Please show her respect.

User Image
Ode II Joy - Financial Supporter (retired)

A friend of mine on Gaia, and in real life. He will provide the prizes for various contests. Watch your a** around him.

In order to receive a donation, simply chat in this thread, that's all. mrgreen But I highly recommend you discuss the topic of the month to participate in the main purpose of this thread. I'll definitely be more inclined to donate to people who discuss the topic of the month.

T O P I C - O F - T H E - M O N T H

What type of love do you respect most and why?

Please answer this question in any way you want, or discuss it with your fellow peers in this thread. Topic will change at the end of April 2013

Here's how my charity will work, I will have you fill out an application as posted below, and you MUST PM it to me, as I'm hoping this thread will be active, and I wouldn't want to overlook your post, but chances are I might.

YOU CAN RECEIVE MULTIPLE DONATIONS FROM ME, SO DON'T LEAVE ONCE YOU GET A DONATION

AND MY SECOND DONATION TO YOU WILL ALWAYS BE GREATER THAN THE FIRST

Once you apply, you can do whatever you want, you can just forget about this charity and I might even come back to you in the near future and send a donation. BUT You're chances are way better if you stick around and chat with me and others. I don't care what you talk about, I'm a rather intelligent guy and I can talk about many things with an open mind. Please don't troll others, spam my thread, or start flaming others.

Quote:
APPLICATION:
1. What're you questing for? (name any specific items or amount of gold)
2. Why did you join Gaia?
3. How long have you been a part of Gaia?
4. Did you ever quit?
5. Why do you still go on Gaia today?
6. What kind of music do you like?
7. What kind of anime do you like?
8. Are you in High school, college, or graduate?
9. What instrument do I play? (You'll have to read my first post to get this one)
10. What is my Xbox LIVE Gamertag? (Read first post)
11. Who is my most favorite pianist? (Read first post)
12. (Please send me a link to a youtube video for this question) What song would you like me to put in the "Song of the Day" link?

Extra notes/comments: ______________

NOTE: It's not just an application asking random questions, they are pertinent to what I'd like to talk about. And I want to make sure people who are seeking help from this thread are returning the favor by making an effort to get to know me and read the posts.

NOTE: You do NOT have to apply to this charity to take part in the contests.

This is a new feature, I will hold contests now, they're pretty basic for now, but depending on how active this gets, I might start doing more of these of different types.

NOTE: All contests with a spoiler are expired/completed contests

First contest:
Page prize - The first person to post on every 25 pages will get 25k gold (NO BUMPING FOR THE PRIZE)

Sorry, but I'll have to discontinue this one as it advocated bumping, and even the legit winners weren't getting their prizes because I was having problems catching up at times.

Page 400 winner: dogdemon22
Page 425 winner: ChyakuNorisuLove
Page 450 winner: Minxku
Page 475 winner: KooHoo-P :awesome
Page 476 winner: dogdemon22
Page 500 winner: Himemiya Neko
Page 525 winner: bonhomie
Page 550 winner: Himemiya Neko
Page 575 winner: ChyakuNorisuLove
Page 600 winner: Minxku
Page 625 winner: Angelaina
Page 650 winner: Renia goes RAWR

Second contest:
Roll prize. Roll a random number from 0 to 100. First person to roll 52, 84, 9, or 1 gets 250k. Please PM me the page number if you win.

Winner: mr. quackers

NOTE: This was previously a dice roll contest that NOBODY seemed to win, so I changed it.

Third contest:
Find me a nice quote, short poem, or song lyric. This contest will end on July 9th. Whoever posts the quote I like the most wins 100k. But it cannot be a lyric from King Charles, Bright Eyes, Blue October, or MGMT. As it'd be too easy to win, and I've already posted some lyrics and quotes from them. Goodluck!

BONUS: If you also explain why the quote, lyric, or poem is special to you, and what it means to you, I'll up the prize to 125k

Winner: Sakura Nekomimi

Fourth contest:
Pick any Bright Eyes song, listen to it, and write me anything you want about it. Whether it be a poem inspired/based by/on the song, a vignette, an essay, a thorough review, a story of how you relate to it, ANYTHING. Contest will end on Feb. 15th. (Conor Oberst's birthday)

Prize: 500k

Entries:

I had 5 entries, but these are the 4 who's permission I got to share.

Zoo-LaBell
I liked a few songs, like “Poison Oak”. I loved this part, one of my favorite lines in the whole song! “Well, I don’t think I’ve ever loved you more.” Because I think this every time I see my boyfriend’s face.

I liked “Bowl of Oranges” too. I loved this quote and, as far as I can tell, so have many others! ”Baby don’t worry cause now I got your back. And every time you feel like crying, I’m gonna try and make you laugh. And if I can’t, if it just hurts too bad, then we will wait for it to pass and I will keep you company through those days so long and black.”

Another song I chose is “Nothing gets crossed out.” I have a few lines that I really liked and made me think of my life. I grew up in a drug abused home. I was living this life for 12 years, my first 12 years on earth. Now when I say I came from a drug abused home obviously it wasn’t the child me.

It was my mother.

My mother is addicted to crank, crack, crystal, voice or whatever it is that you know it by or not by or better yet the well know name meth. My mom wasn't just a drug abuser she was a dealer. As for me I had no idea just thought that my mother didn't like/want me and was alone.

I could go on and on about stories but I will only use a few for now.

My mother would only see me maybe one time a day and that was to yell at me, if I even saw her that is. She didn't yell about grades like a normal parent and you’d think she be mad at me for wearing the same clothes for three days but no, nope not a damn word about it. It was more yelling at me to get away from her or out of her business, even though I wasn’t in her business.
I would do things for attention like for example; scream her name for hours just to be tucked in bed, instead of a kiss and original I love you’s that you would say to your child before they sleep. I got “cry louder you’ll be a better singer” with a slammed door behind it. Of course I would get the famous “I’ll give you something to cry about in a minute” Or “Chelsey Dawn I’m going to spank your little a**.”

She would do stupid things and not even think twice. She’s let child molester baby sit me and take me to dinner and movies for two reasons. One she wanted me out of the house and not around her business. Two she thought someone else taking me to said places was just like her taking me. So I can’t say she didn’t do anything with me or for me.

I was taken from her in 5th grade;

I still to this day have a hard time dealing with others that try to become close to me.

I grew up a lot faster than my peers, for being so young it sucked. Made me different than my peers and made me an outcast. All together, I lost my child hood and was never like them to be completely honest.
I’ve always thought of myself as a strong person but I have my doubts and this song helped me in so many ways. “But now I've got to crawl, to get anywhere at all. I’m not as strong as I thought”
I’ve been in many different situations, ones that many can never imagine being in. One’s that would haunt people and makes them crack, there are things I’m not proud of and things I’ll never share even while on my death bed. That’s okay I think we all have those in some way.

Sometimes I would feel so helpless; it feels like you’re collapsed, stomach fastened to the earth, scraping your fingers into the ground just dragging your body trying to crawl your way forward to something better. Then you may ask yourself “Well what is better? This is all I’ve known, what if there isn’t anything better?” as you still continue on the same circle crawling but not getting anywhere.

This is a lyric from the song something similar to what I used to repeat to myself

“you’re not strong enough but you never will be unless you at least try.”

In a way it made me stronger because I didn’t want to give up on myself like so many others have. Most importantly I didn’t want to be alone anymore. So my dream to not be alone was my way of life. I couldn’t quit even if I wanted to, my mind wouldn’t let me.

As I said everything happens to a reason and being helpless you start to believe that more and more. “But if everything that happens is supposed to be and it is predetermined, can't change your destiny. Then I guess I'll just keep moving, someday, maybe, I'll get to where I'm going.”

Is the how I thought then and how I think now. This just put my thoughts in to words that I could never do myself.

Conor Oberst is a genius as many would say, I too agree with my mind and soul 100%!

I’m a very closed off person, like my feelings for instance. I don’t often share with loved ones but can easily open up to strangers. It’s weird I know, but I think it might be because I know I’ll never meet them or have to look at them and on an everyday basis.

I’ve always believed in the “everything happens for a reason.” I believe that whole heartily!!

I think that but the future is so bright it’s scary.

I deal with depression problems on the daily. Sometimes I just sleep for hours but there are also times I just can’t sleep at all. I stay up tell 9 or 10 am and sleep long hours into the next day.

I’m hard to be around at time because I can live under my covers. “All I do is just lay in bed and hide under the covers. I know I should be brave but I'm just too afraid of all this change.”

Explains my depression and my fear of the changing future, I don’t know what it is. I guess when I explained my hopelessness I’m scared there is nothing better out there for me.

I used to be so afraid of the future but I’ve learned that things only get better if I do it myself for myself and not for others.
I’m a very independent hard working and just like “everything happens for a reason.” I also believe that “We get what we work for.” I’ve had my struggles like many have also. But unlike many before me with similar problems, I refuse to fail or crumble back into the darkness were I once lived.
There is nothing that can break my spirit or make me so depressed and that hopeless again.
I do have depression concerns, self-esteem problems, and self-worth issues and of course the most popular, confidence is always a topic but all of that can be changed and fixed in time.
I am different and I will not fail, I will thrive forward always because I am myself and nothing more. I he confident in myself and love all that I can. I’m a positive outcome of my negative environment because that is what I chose for myself.
We all can choose what we want for ourselves and for me I chose to be a realist and have a bright future.

Rainbowrific Renia
I've finally decided to do this. I wasn't going to, but then I listened to "Beginner's Mind" and fell in love with it. It actually felt like Connor was talking about me (or most adults really) in this song. The lines that stood out to me the most were

"Hold on tight beginner's mind
The currents far too strong
It'll carry you along
Till you're just like everyone"

Upon hearing that for the first time, it struck me that we, as people, are stuck in a cycle. A terrible cycle. As children, we can find the fun in anything. Our minds are curious and we want to know the what, how and why's of everything. Though it seems that no matter how curious and full of wonderment that we are as children, we grow up into these cynical human beings who can only sit back and reflect on how great it was to be a kid. Being an adult is a drag and there's hardly anything "fun" about it. All of our energy and time is spent just trying to make a living, unless we're one of the lucky few. The lucky few being inventors who make millions off of their ideas, people born into rich families, etc. For most of us though, we grow up, get old and die. Even as we're growing up, we have these grandiose ideas of what we want to do when we "grow up" but it all ends up the same; we find a job that we can just barely tolerate, we lose friends who were once close and dear to us, we get bored with life, which is the opposite of what we believed life would be like when we were children.

Now I know this isn't the case for everyone, but in general, I'm sure most people feel this way. Hence the line:

"It'll carry you along
Till you're just like everyone"

Now I believe that my inner child is incredibly strong within me, hence the reason I still love watching cartoons and I laugh at the dumbest things. That's just on the surface, though. I'm incredibly curious about the world around me, and I wish I had the time to learn everything there is about... well, everything. The lines:

"Stay a while my inner child
I'd like to learn your trick
To know what makes you tick
To nurse you when you're sick"

Describe how I feel very well. I never want my inner child to leave me. I want to stay in the state of mind of an 8 year old forever, but I know that isn't possible. So I want to hold on to some of that inner child, just enough to keep me from becoming a completely jaded and cynical individual in this world.

"Oh, how you've grown so cynical
Hard lines carved in your face
The sunshine's so cliche just like love and pain
You tried your best, the Rorschach test, but there is just nothing to see"

I believe that's a good way to end this. It's rather sad, isn't it? We grow up and all of the excitement in life is lost. I can't be the only one out there who hasn't let go of their inner child though, as evident by the fact that this song even exists. So really, it doesn't have to be sad. Growing up doesn't have to be a scary thing and our future can still be something to look forward to, even if it's not at all how we imagined it would be when we were younger. I think we all just need to take a little time to enjoy what's around us, appreciate the small things, and stop focusing on the downfalls or the negatives. As I had said to someone in the thread earlier, "I fall down, then I just get right back up."

I've yet to hear a song that says "I have to grow up but I don't have to let go of my inner child" as wonderfully as this song has put it. Needless to say, it's an instant favorite of mine, and mostly because I can relate to it so much.

Cynical Lycanthropy
Hi Koohoo-P. Been posting in your charity for a few days now. It's been fun. I haven't had the chance to talk to you directly yet but I wanted to enter this contest. I decided to write my thoughts and feelings on the song "First day of my life"

This song hit me hard. For the past 10 months I have been balancing a long distance relationship with the love of my life Auran Kight. I am transgender. I was born female but since I can remember I've had a male mind and have desired for my body to match who I am on the inside. I am not fearful of sharing this with people because it's not something I am ashamed of. When I met Auran, it did feel like I was standing in the doorway of my life. Before that I had been locked in a dark room. I had been struggling and I felt hopeless. I had been extremely suicidal because I was struggling with home life and my step-fathers inflictions on me.
"I went out in the rain and suddenly everything changed, they were spreading blankets on the beach." My life was starting finally after 17 years. The sun was coming out and the rain had gone away.

"I don't know where I've been but I know where I want to go."
Before I met Auran, I hated the idea of a family. Of a close relationship with another person. Mostly because I never wanted to be a "mom" like what everyone else wanted to be. I wanted to be a dad. So, I hated the idea of familys and home-life.
Once our relationship started it was as if my anger had faded and I knew exactly what I wanted out of life. His was the first face I truly saw. And he was the first person to truly see me for who I am.

"Remember the time you drove all night just to see me in the morning?"
Auran and I live 1,425 miles apart. We talk everyday and skype everyday but for me it wasn't enough. For us it wasn't enough. So, I got two jobs. One part-time and one full-time. I worked them for three months and saved up 1,500 dollars. I used the money to fly to him in Tampa Florida. For him, for me, it was the best day of our lives. I felt as if I had just woke up. And we were both glad we hadn't died before we met each other that day. We could be anywhere in the world and I know I would be happy.

"I'd rather be working for a paycheck then waiting to win the lottery"
Because for my life, I've already one the lottery.
And his name is Auran Kight.

Thanks for listening to my story. I am glad I could share it with you. And Im grateful you shared "Bright Eyes" with me. I hadn't known of them before but I'm glad I know now.

Cyrusus
Ladder Song?
"No one knows where the ladder goes. You're going to lose what you love the most. You're not alone in anything. You're not unique in dying."

Perhaps the ladder represents continued burdening, wising (of age), getting more challenges (in life?), etc.? The higher up you go, the harder it is to continue. The harder it is to keep on climbing farther and farther up it. Your hands get sore, you slowly lose your determination to get all the way up. As you get more burdened and wiser, perhaps, you begin to lose things. You lose your purpose, what drives you. You lose your sanity, your individuality. Your ego of individuality in that, as you keep climbing, all you know is your problem, your burdens, your "ladder". Eventually, you could will lose sight of why you're even continuing, why you're continuing to climb up it. It's not unusual for people to lose hope, and perhaps, let go of the ladder. But that hurts. It hurts when you hit the ground, hard. I actually watched this, when referring to this video of the song (it's nice having lyrics so that I don't have to listen to certain parts over and over again). You see how the man on the ladder seems to be ascending into light? Perhaps that's the "resolution". There's no such thing as perfection nor equality, and as long as that holds true, there will always be problems to face. But this song, this picture, is saying that, although the ladder may never terminate, you are still ascending into light. You're slowly ascending into inner peace, although you may still have problems.

Yeah, nobody knows where the ladder goes. It may lead you to the your "resolution", if you are one of the few to preserve on, continuing to climb the ladder until you "reach" it. Possibly, your "resolution" will make things worse, perhaps better. Nobody knows. I doubt that everything would be the same, prior and after climbing the ladder, though. I like to think that things will get better if you climb the ladder. You see those people, in the picture, not on the ladder? It looks like they're just wandering aimlessly, doesn't it?

"I want to fly in your silver ship. Let Jesus hang and Buddha sit."

It's difficult climbing up the ladder, with your burdening thoughts and such. Silver is often represented as a precious metal, no? But not as precious as gold. Silver tarnishes, which is why it isn't as highly prized. (leading up to something)

Of course, you want the easy way out. You don't want to keep climbing the difficult ladder. You can't afford to lose your footings. It must be miserable, time slowly wearing away your determination and individuality. You want a ship that will make you soar towards your resolution, the easy way out. Just want to stop the suffering and the pain of going through your mental (or/and physical?) journey up the ladder. I don't know about you, but when I heard that, I was thinking a rocket ship. Rocket ships only go up, right? Unless, of course, they have a malfunction and come plummeting towards the ground again. I believe that silver represents that, although it would be nice to take the tempting ship straight up to your "resolution", silver eventually tarnishes. Your journey up the ladder (not flying through the ship) will, well, for a lack of better words, make a man out of you. I mean, you can't solve a problem as well as you could have if you had taken the long way up. "Sometimes, the hard way is the only way to go." Maybe your quick way to get to your "resolution", your silver ship, will eventually go sour and you'll regret not going up the ladder. Of course, unless you are too ignorant of your own true feelings (Can you Face Your True Feelings? lol see what I did there smilies/icon_ninja.gif) to realize that for yourself.

"Let Jesus hang and Buddha sit" leads back to that, actually. It's easier to leave your problems and burdens alone, ignore them, right? Perhaps the speaker is going through the period of mind where he believes that leaving your problems be is for the best. Taking a break from climbing the ladder. But you can't really stay in one place in the ladder without really advancing somewhere, can you? I mean, what's the point of just standing in one place? When you realize that, it's when you are out of that stage of mind and you continue to either preserve 'till the top of the ladder (or plummet down the the bottom).

"The days are long now."

(I think that this song is being sung as the speaker continues climbing up the ladder.) Well, as you begin to ascend up the ladder, your moral, concentration, individuality, and determination are deteriorating. How far can you go up on the long, hard, journey of life and enlightenment? As you lose concentration and determination (and others), you feel as the days get longer. They drag on. "Time flies when you're having fun." You keep on going up the ladder, losing track of time, your determination, your individuality... You lose your purpose to going up the ladder, making time take longer to pass.

"If I (have) got to go first, I'll do it on my terms."

Your life is like unexplored lands; completely uncharted. It's up to you (the cartographer?) to discover your own life. Naturally, you do it on your own terms. You, through your journey on the ladder, discover your strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, you FIND yourself. You're the first one out there, right? Really, there's no one else. Unless, of course, people begin delving into your life and your privacy. But they can't find out anything that you haven't "mapped out" first. So the speaker is "going first" on his ladder. He'll discover himself on his own terms, at his own pace. Him saying this tips off that there's someone saying otherwise, right? Of course, there are people that can go up their ladders faster than the speaker, slower, at the same speed. These people try to compare the speaker to them, but it doesn't really work like that. You'll discover yourself on your own terms; your own pace, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Don't listen to them. Possibly, these people are just rushing up the ladder. Or maybe they, mentally, believe they're going quickly, discovering themselves, quickly making progress with their burdens, unintentionally lying to themselves. This really just slows down how much progress you make up the ladder, doesn't it.

"You can say you're the first to know. Bought a mantra, to concentrate, car alarm, or hissing snake."

You're the first to know. You're the first to know about yourself. You're the first to find out who you love, what you care about, what you want to do. You can also say you're the last, right? If nobody has individuality, climbing up the ladder, then you're all the same. Remember how we were talking about solipsism, and then I told you about how there was a term pretty much defining everything we had talked about? If I remember correctly, you said something along the lines of that there's very little room for "original" thought anymore.

This is halfway through the song; progressed a decent length up the ladder. This speaker must be beginning to notice himself unravel by now. Needs something to keep him going; he's beginning to forget his purpose and "duty" to go up the ladder.

"I know, now, how it's going to turn (out). Now, you got to calm down or I'll lose my place."

You're probably doubting yourself by now, (rightly, possibly not rightly) questioning yourself and your abilities. Who wouldn't be, after this long odyssey and how far the speaker has come so far. The speaker doesn't say how it's going to turn out (what he thinks, at least). Maybe this is to create a feeling of generalization? As in, anybody could be the speaker? Pick one person off the street randomly and they could be the speaker, going up their ladder.

But you can't lose faith and determination. Without those, you'll panic (or just slowly decline...) and lose your place. You can't make a journey like this while questioning yourself the entire time. It just doesn't work out. This sounds like a pivotal journey in the speaker's lifetime. I mean, you can't go around, thinking/knowing that you won't make it, while half-heartedly still trying. smilies/icon_lol.gif Doesn't work like that!

He refers to "you". Maybe he's isolated? The speaker feels lonely and begins referring to himself as "you"? Or maybe he's speaking directly to the reader, which as I said, could be anybody.

"See now, a star's born. Looks just like a blood orange. Don't it just make you want to cry?"

Maybe he's seeing his "resolution". He's watching as his "resolution" seems like a disappointment, everything he's been trying for seems to be useless. He's beginning to see a new "life" perhaps, a new star being born. But his journey up the ladder has worn him down and the speaker doesn't see it like he thought he would. The wording implies that there's a star being born, but instead sees it like a blood orange. Which is significantly less incredible than a star being born.

"Well, I know when it's finally done. This whole life's a hallucination."

<.< >.> Solipsism, anyone? Depends what you consider a "life". In this case, he could be referring to "life" as the ladder. He's realizing that his whole ladder is all just a hallucination, none of it exists. Maybe it's all inside his head, nobody has done a thing to him. He's making his own problems and barriers up as he goes on. See what I'm saying? Perfection and inner peace is boring to humans. We try to make up our own problems, turn petty ones into large- scale scandals, lie to ourselves saying that there is a problem when there isn't anything. He's finally reached the "end?" of his ladder. It's done, and he's finally realized that he's been making up this stuff for himself to have a challenge in life. But after he's done lying to himself, his journey is done.

"You're not alone in anything. You're not alone in trying to be."

You're not alone. You're not the only one lying to yourself. Not the only one climbing the ladder of your own self-made reality. Your hallucination, I guess. I like how the last chord of the song has a bittersweet mood to it. You know how I said that I may not be as happy as I would have been if I had never started thinking about philosophy, but I'm more satisfied with everything? I think that this speaker may be reaching that. He's stopped lying to himself, stopped trying to convince himself of his lies of life. And that alone is a happiness by itself. Bittersweet, of course.

After words-
smilies/icon_smile.gif I wasn't really planning to do the entire thing... but I know how much you love my responses, so I tried to make this as long as possible. I didn't want to be too incredibly repetitive, so the responses get shorter as you go on. smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif Sorry 'bout that.

Maybe you can tell that I really have brought in some of my own experiences into it. Meh, maybe I didn't. Really depends on how you look at it.

smilies/icon_gonk.gif There were certain passages that... well, everything "spoke to me" but I couldn't make sense of nearly all of it. Some stuff seems completely random and out of place, but at the same time, it just fits. See what I mean...?

Man, the meaning of everything I was saying really changed over the period of me writing this. Hope it still makes sense and that you like it.

Oh, and thank you for introducing me to Bright Eyes. They're really inspirational.

As you say, Peace out!

Winner: Cynical Lycanthropy

Why: He took one of Conor's more "innocent and adorable" songs and told me a story about a very special someone he could correlate the song to. It's nice to see such a happy and optimistic entry about a Bright Eyes song, I was really expecting alot of nihilistic or sad ones. Not that I would be against them in any way, but that was just what I was expecting. His story took on such literal meanings to the lyrics, and he told me such a significant aspect of his life with absolutely no hesitance whatsoever. He's proud of everything he's told me in his entry, and that's to be admired.

Fifth Contest:

Avatar contest! (tektek contest)

The theme of this avatar contest will be MAGICAL GIRLS!!!

Simply, make an avatar with the theme of Magical girls. Good examples would be characters like Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, and Madoka Magica! The winner will be chosen via public poll in this thread. On April 24th, I will stop accepting entries, and put up the poll. After the poll is set up, it will be up for 7 days of voting and will end on May 1st. Good luck!

NOTE: You may either PM your entry to me, or post it in the thread.

UPDATE: PLEASE VOTE NOW HERE!!!! READ CAREFULLY

Prize: 500k - Winner: Floni

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 pm --& Open
Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm--& Hit 1000 replies
Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm --& Over 1m gold donated
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 pm --& Hit 100 pages
Wed May 23 2012 5:34 pm --& 50 applicants!
Mon Jun 04 2012 10:12 pm --& Over 5m gold donated
Mon Jun 04 2012 11:37 pm --& Broke the record @ donating 1.3m gold in one day
Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 am --& Hit 250 pages
Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 pm --& Popular status achieved~!
Mon Jun 11, 2012 --& 100 applicants!
Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 pm --& Hit 5000 replies! heart
Sat Jun 16 2012 8:45 pm --& Created contests for charity!
Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39 pm --& Donated 10m+ gold cumulatively!
Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 pm --& Hit 10,000 replies!!!
Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 pm --& Hit 1,000 pages! Congrats to Rainbowrific Renia for this!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm --& Hit 20,000 replies!
Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 pm --& I won Gaimanitarian of the year in the first annual Gaia Academy awards thanks to this thread and all of you in it! heart
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm --& 2000 pages and 30,000 replies!!
Mon Nov 03, 2013 11:59 pm --& over 50 million gold donated cumulatively!

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

DAILY DONATION RECORD: 86M GOLD IN ONE DAY

Donated so far: 334,013,000 gold

Lily DArouet - 100k gold
Draco Lunaris - Dexterous Marksman (LMP - 350k)
Draco Lunaris - Nogitsune (LMP - 110k)
Yummei-Chan - Masterpieces (LMP - 86k)
Lily DArouet - 175k gold
three patch problem - Triste's Rapture (LMP - 75k)
Zomya - 50k gold
iLikeMimes - 50k gold
minigingee - 50k gold
Shiibz - 75k gold
Zarkie - 50k gold
nu sanniang - 75k gold
Lily DArouet - Sphere Sidekick (LMP - 75k)
Lily DArouet - TDHP Device (LMP - 50k)
Sakura nekomimi - 75k gold
o-o cookiez - 100k gold
Renia goes RAWR - 100k gold
Doctor CB - 100k gold
FriendofFoes -500k gold (I did it! I donated to her!) *Achievement Unlocked*
Sakura Nekomimi - 100k gold
Derp Herpington - 100k gold (He reconized me on zOMG! for my youtube channel, made me feel famous.)
cyrusus - 100k Gold
Renia goes RAWR - 125k gold
Doctor CB - 350k gold
Sakura Nekomimi - 75k gold
Im Fudging Nifty - 50k gold
Lily Darouet - 100k gold
Battle Ram - 150k gold
Sakura Nekomimi - 12 summer tops, 24 amigo pants.
cyrusus - 100k gold
draco lunaris - Demonic Pendant (LMP - 680k)
Sakura Nekomimi - 150k gold
Renia goes RAWR - 250k gold
cyrusus - 200k gold
Sakura Nekomimi - 200k gold
Constellation - 250k gold
Pterrifying - 250k gold
Desu Eos - 150k gold (Proof that I can donate to non-applicants.)
Sakura Nekomimi - 500k gold (Birthday present)
Renia goes RAWR - 150k gold
EliteDanneh - 100k gold (I had to apologize for doubting him.)
x0_Keileen - 50k gold
Angel in my Dreams - 50k gold
Plaqued - 50k gold
Reku1495 - 100k gold (For my aquarium)
Sakura Nekomimi - 250k gold (For an awesome piece of art she made for me)
Renia goes RAWR - 500k (She got scammed, had to help her)
Koneko Cup - 150k gold
-HerDorkkJon - 100k gold
ChyakuNorisuLove - 100k gold
abandoned zanahdragon - 25k gold
Lolita Raine - 200k gold (For making me like, 21 different avatars)
Zeus Botnet - 100k Gold (For making me 4 nice avatars)
Volkov Seraphim - 65k gold
ii_Egyptian Queen_ii - 50k gold
x0_Keileenx0_Keileen -75k gold
Cyrusus - 125k gold
Zarkie - 125k gold
Himemiya Neko - 75k gold
minxku - 75k gold
Renia goes RAWR - 150k gold
Sakura Nekomimi - 150k gold
Cyrusus - 100k gold
Minxku - 100k gold
Himemiya Neko - 100k gold
A Cats Curiosity - 57k gold
Such a Freak - 50k gold
ii l2awr l2andom - 75k gold
KinkyRice - 75k gold
A Cats Curiosity - 75k gold
Nu Sanniang - 100k gold
Renia Goes RAWR - 100k gold
Minxku - 100k gold
Angelaina - 100k gold
Phos Omorphia - 75k gold
x-0beyy-x - 75k gold
cyrusus - 250k gold
Sakura Nekomimi 250k gold
Lily DArouet - 100k gold
Sick Salacious X - 75k gold
Cyrusus - 100k gold
Minxku - 100k gold
Cyrusus - Infinite World (1.4m LMP)
Sakura Nekomimi - Tragic Tower (1.1m LMP)
Rainbowrific Renia - Compass of Seidh (1.06m LMP)
Minxku - 410k gold
Horny Mushrooms -100k gold
ChyakuNorisuLove - 150k gold
Himemiya Neko - 250k gold
FriendofFoes - 1 million gold (DID IT AGAIN! HAHA)
Horny Mushrooms - 75k gold
Such A Freak - 100k gold
Volkov Seraphim - 100k gold
Rainbowrific Renia - 500k gold
Cyrusus - 500k gold
dmacpwns - 500k gold
DarkIing - 100k gold
Aisha Tala - 75k gold
Horny Musrooms - 75k gold
Shiibz - 100k gold
AdiMonster - 75k gold
Cynical Lycanthropy - 75k gold
Royal Soda - 100k gold
Jacki Frost - 75k gold
14th of July - 75k gold
Zoo-LaBell - 100k gold
Horny Mushrooms - 75k gold
Aisha Tala - 75k gold
Floni - 75k gold
Such A Freak - 100k gold
Loquacious Lemonade - 75k gold
snochan15 - 75k gold
Geeklet - 75k gold
Thenesis - 75k gold
Rainbowrific Renia - 1m gold
Cyrusus - 1m gold
--dinosaurusRAWRz - 75k gold
fairy pastry - 75k gold
mr. quackers - 75k gold
SystematicPoiison - 75k gold
Aisha Tala - 100k gold
mr. quackers - 75k gold
Precious_Minty - 75k gold
AlphaMuffins - 75k gold
Himemiya Neko - 300k gold
The Beautiful Virus - 100k gold
Aisha Tala - 100k gold
[Nickie] - 100k gold
Lily DArouet - 100k gold
Geeklet - 100k gold
Your Demonic Servant - 100k gold
Zoo-LaBell - 100k gold
Darkiing - 200k gold
Doggysaurus - 100k gold
Marionetta - 100k gold
Snochan15 - 200k gold
DarkIing - Cafe Miam (400k LMP)
Rainbowrific Renia - Kyubey (1.4m LMP)
Cyrusus - Rosamund's Redemption (1.2m LMP)
Lily DArouet - 100k gold
Aisha Tala - 100k gold
Doggysaurus - 100k gold
ShadowKitsune92 - 100k gold
Himemiya Nekomimi - 200k gold
Reneaux - 200k gold
Rainbowrific Renia - 1m gold
Aisha Tala - 1m gold
DarkIing - 1m gold
Sinister_Bunneh - 10m gold
Floni - 5m gold
IVumey - 5m gold
cyrusus - Saint Ciel: Thanatos (LMP - 7m)
Sinister_Bunneh - 10m gold
Rainbowrific Renia - 10m gold
Himemiya Neko - 10m gold
Lily DArouet - 10m gold
Cyrusus - 50m gold
DarkIing - 9m gold
Lily DArouet - 10m gold
Rainbowrific Renia - 10m gold
Sinister_Bunneh - 9m gold
Cyrusus - 100m gold in items
Lily DArouet - 50m gold
Dyries - 50m gold

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

In case people donate to me for some role reversal
GOD DAMNIT FriendOfFoes!!! crying
FriendofFoes - Angelic pendant crying
Battle Ram - Sold me Monster Style for 1m on April 5th, 2012 when the MP price was 3.7m+
AryuLost - 10k gold - A nice donation from him in the CB for telling him the name of my eyes. (Chuchip's blessing)
Shilohh - 50k gold - A nice donation from a nice person stopping by to wish me luck in this charity.
Tra-Chan - 700k gold in items. She was quitting Gaia and I was lucky for her to decide to give me some fortune. Thank you Tra-Chan
Rudolph - The Bishop - 50k gold - A random donation, I mean, actually random, I never spoke to him. Thanks to him for his generosity!
Cockcain - Demonic Pendant - She gave it to me because she was quitting Gaia. This is such a generous donation!
Volkov Seraphim - Ancient Katana O_O, she was also quitting Gaia.
Mr. Quackers - 1,234,567 gold She quit Gaia before I even got the chance to get acquainted with her, and yet she still gave such a generous and clever donation. Thank you Quackers.
Consteliation - Angelic Pendant - Heh, another one... I dunno how to feel about this kind of donation. Especially since she used to be a regular here. (will change this in the future, don't feel good right now.)

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I am ALWAYS accepting both of these, and they're pretty much all I want now.

JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE ALL MY ART

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
If you'd like me to place a link for you here, just let me know.

I'd like it if you could advertise me though.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/t.74968243/?_gaia_t_=3936][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2l55si.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/t.74968243/?_gaia_t_=3936][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/jhahw0.png[/IMG][/url]

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Particular quotes I choose to distinguish from the rest of this thread.

Rainbowrific Renia

User Image

Here's my terrible Tektek entry.
I figured I should get it done now since I don't plan on being online much for the next week and a half.

Ooops, not here! Try again.
One more tryyyyyy~
This is actually kinda fun...
emotion_awesome
Do you hate me yet?
SPOILERCEPTION!
User Image
Here it is!

User Image
User Image

Sakura Nekomimi
I should do a joint request thread with you and Renia... <3 That would be so epic emotion_awesome HOLY.... My entire account is barely 4mil.... You are insane.... O_O
Glad your job is on a good start though <3 Haha every time I reread the intro to the thread, I love the crossed out line about your job xD I still remember that discussion <3

You: Lost my job
Me: emotion_jawdrop
You: Eh it was a good thing. I can fix my roof now.
Me: emotion_awesome

Maybe more intelligent sounding and less emotes, but you get the idea xD

Angel in my Dreams

That's unfortunate, but slightly convenient since you have the other job now. Umm... Not sure if I should say congratulations or sorry... So I'll mix them!! Sorulations!!! cat_4laugh cat_cry cat_sweatdrop cat_rofl

ChyakuNorisuLove
Wait is it possible to get a 1 if there are 10 - 10sided dice ><

^^ I had a contest and I said you'd win if you rolled 10-10 sided dice and got a 1 which is impossible. She pointed that out and made me laugh my a** off.

Ode II Joy
heart .... heart
heart ... heart
heart .. heart
heart . heart
heart heart
heart . heart
heart .. heart
heart ... heart
heart .... heart

. heart heart heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
. heart heart heart

. heart heart heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
. heart heart heart

heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart
.. heart heart heart
heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart
heart .......... heart

. heart heart heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
. heart heart heart

. heart heart heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
heart ......... heart
. heart heart heart

. heart heart heart heart
heart ................ heart
heart heart heart heart
heart
heart
heart
heart

Ode II Joy
There are too many isms in your life man...

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points