Song lyric contest 0.26785714285714 26.8% [ 60 ]
Poetry contest 0.11607142857143 11.6% [ 26 ]
Art contest (it'll be like song lyric contest) 0.18303571428571 18.3% [ 41 ]
RNG or Dice roll contest 0.3125 31.2% [ 70 ]
Other (post your idea) 0.12053571428571 12.1% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 224 ]

Obsessive Bibliophile

KooHoo-P
Brotherhood is basically a re-make of the entire series, but it tries to mirror the manga. I think it was perfect, and makes the 2003 series look like crap. It had a much higher animation budget, and the plot twists, drama, music and action were astonishing. I recommend you check it out.

I have only ever really studied Goethe's version of Faust, I'm looking for an english transcription of his version. Is Marlowe's version the only version you know of?

I used to watch Inuyasha in high school, but now I can barely stand it, I'm sorry to say. The show just dragged on for soo long, and it always seemed to derail itself from the main plot. Maybe I'm just biased because I was annoyed by that particular fan-base. I had a few friends who were die-hard for that show and they were very obnoxious and ignorant. (I apologize if that sounds too judgmental.) Actually, for a comedy anime I did enjoy "Slayers"

And I ******** LOVE Hayao Miyazaki movies (Princess Mononoke), as well as Shinkai Makoto movies. (5cm per second)

I will pretty much only Torrent anime now, it guarantees me the best quality, and I can keep it for myself.

Have you heard of Miyazaki or Makoto?
That sounds AWESOME. I will definitely check it out! And yes, of course I've heard of Miyazaki! Makoto, that'd be a no. But Miyazaki is what got me into anime! Spirited Away. heart I loved Howl's Moving Castle, too, although that's primarily due to the source material.

Hmm, no, it's definitely not the only version. There's of course Goethe's version, and the three operas spawned from his version, as well as one by... Thomas Mann, I think? Let me wiki that real quick. Mhm, yeah, although that one wasn't about a man named Faust, but rather a Faustian bargain. Have you looked at Project Gutenberg for transcriptions?

It's okay. I understand that it dragged on -- in fact, I don't think I've ever finished the entire series. I saw the end, at least? razz But I like rewatching the early seasons more than the later bits. Where the characters were just getting established, y'know? "Slayers" was pretty awesome, but I couldn't really stay hooked on it. Would you consider "Teen Titans" or the new "Thundercats" to be American-style anime? 'Cause I like those too. :3

Shirtless Gekko

I hate being grounded. ._. I'm here now though~

Shirtless Gekko

Whoop, I'm still here. So hiiiiii whoever else is here. :3

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
User Image

Still here too. n__n.

Shirtless Gekko

I don't really like using smart phones for the interwebs... -_-'

Fairy

hello-hello. It has been awhile since
I've dropped by; my apologies. ;_;

Shirtless Gekko

No more need for smartphones~ I'm finally ungrounded. :3

Shirtless Gekko

Ohh, I'm here alone... I can STEAL FROM THE FRIDGE!

8,225 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
iLickmimes

What's in the fridge?
KooHoo-P
Shadow Ryuu VII
KooHoo-P
Shadow Ryuu VII
KooHoo-P

Have a good night, and thank you for applying and chatting!

Thank you.
How are you today?

I'm doing fine, just lvling up in DMS. And how about yourself?

I'm doing alright. Just got off from work.

speaking of which, I saw you were a Mechanic, how's that working out?

Yes I'm a Mechanic. It pays the bills of living alone. The shops not big, and it seems around this time we get swamped with cars.
I don't like most of my costumers because they blame me for needing stuff for their cars but the good news is. I can fix my own car that was once a pile of junk.

You work?
Zarkie
Shadow Ryuu VII
Lol I did.
How was your day today?
hehe.
Lol...boring... ; _ ; yours?

It was interesting for the most part. lol
^_^

Shirtless Gekko

Love-Lost Elegy
iLickmimes

What's in the fridge?

Hot dogs. >.>

8,225 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
iLickmimes
Love-Lost Elegy
iLickmimes

What's in the fridge?

Hot dogs. >.>

Tasty

Shirtless Gekko

Love-Lost Elegy
iLickmimes
Love-Lost Elegy
iLickmimes

What's in the fridge?

Hot dogs. >.>

Tasty

Ohyes. emotion_awesome

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Lily DArouet
KooHoo-P
Brotherhood is basically a re-make of the entire series, but it tries to mirror the manga. I think it was perfect, and makes the 2003 series look like crap. It had a much higher animation budget, and the plot twists, drama, music and action were astonishing. I recommend you check it out.

I have only ever really studied Goethe's version of Faust, I'm looking for an english transcription of his version. Is Marlowe's version the only version you know of?

I used to watch Inuyasha in high school, but now I can barely stand it, I'm sorry to say. The show just dragged on for soo long, and it always seemed to derail itself from the main plot. Maybe I'm just biased because I was annoyed by that particular fan-base. I had a few friends who were die-hard for that show and they were very obnoxious and ignorant. (I apologize if that sounds too judgmental.) Actually, for a comedy anime I did enjoy "Slayers"

And I ******** LOVE Hayao Miyazaki movies (Princess Mononoke), as well as Shinkai Makoto movies. (5cm per second)

I will pretty much only Torrent anime now, it guarantees me the best quality, and I can keep it for myself.

Have you heard of Miyazaki or Makoto?
That sounds AWESOME. I will definitely check it out! And yes, of course I've heard of Miyazaki! Makoto, that'd be a no. But Miyazaki is what got me into anime! Spirited Away. heart I loved Howl's Moving Castle, too, although that's primarily due to the source material.

Hmm, no, it's definitely not the only version. There's of course Goethe's version, and the three operas spawned from his version, as well as one by... Thomas Mann, I think? Let me wiki that real quick. Mhm, yeah, although that one wasn't about a man named Faust, but rather a Faustian bargain. Have you looked at Project Gutenberg for transcriptions?

It's okay. I understand that it dragged on -- in fact, I don't think I've ever finished the entire series. I saw the end, at least? razz But I like rewatching the early seasons more than the later bits. Where the characters were just getting established, y'know? "Slayers" was pretty awesome, but I couldn't really stay hooked on it. Would you consider "Teen Titans" or the new "Thundercats" to be American-style anime? 'Cause I like those too. :3

Howl's Moving Castle source material? please enlighten me. Well, I seriously recommend you check out Shinkai Makoto. His movies are incredibly romantic, and the artwork is unmatched. 5cm per second is my most favorite of his work, it is a very serious and realistic movie. I'm kinda biased to love his work though because I find myself relating in some significant ways to the protagonists of 2 of his movies. So if you like romance, that'd be the goldmine.

HOLY ********!! Thank you sooo much for mentioning Project Gutenberg. I found an english version of Goethe's Faust on their very easily. And it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I think it'd be best if I printed them out (Might kill me in ink costs) or just find a physical copy. I wouldn't want to burn on my on a computer screen reading that book.

Yes, I remember Teen Titans, and that seemed like an obvious attempt of western-style animators trying to mimic anime style caricatures. It was funny and serious when it needed to be but it wasn't the serious kind of show with an established plot with drama and twists and what-not. I remember loving it, but I think going back to it now, I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I remember the "Justice League" animated series on Cartoon Network, (The one before "Justice League Unlimited". And I loved that show to death.

Sorry for the late reply btw, I'm trying to get more charity funds. I have more applications than I thought, and there are some people here (hint) that I'd like to give a healthy donation to. Funds are currently at 1,370,000

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff