Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image
Group dolls by Cher Coincidence, visit her pixel art shop to get one of your own!

Welcome to Pocketful of Wishes (also known as PoW for short). This is our cute little nook on Gaia. We're an interesting group of individuals, and we love to meet new people, shoot the breeze, have deep conversations, and of course, have fun. The pace around here isn't too fast or too slow, it's just right. And there is never any shortage of things to do here. We hold periodical tektek contests, giveaways, and of course, the Monthly Millions Lottery where 10 posts could make you a millionaire. So come on in, we would love to have you chat with us!

Pay it Forward - Here at Pocketful of Wishes, we expect nothing in return from the people that we help out. It has been our long-standing goal to try and help everyone, even if we can't always make your wishes come true, every little bit helps. In these trying times, a helping hand is a very welcomed gesture indeed!

Current Happenings:
Our thread anniversary party is going on right now, check Post 6 for all the contest details

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image

*Follow Gaia ToS. I cannot stress this enough.
*Rules are subject to change, but I will let you know if you break a rule in a calm and rational manner.
*Show respect to everyone in the thread.
*Stay and chat: It'll show me you are serious about your quest.
*Don't quote anything from the first page and try to keep quote trees to 4 posts or less.
*Don't advertise in this thread - keep it in your signature.
*Be literate: No "l33t" speak and keep bumping to a minimum (no more than 5 bumps, this includes picture posts) if conversations are happening.
*If no one is here, space out your bumps. Only post once every 3 or 4 minutes.
*I am not in the habit of quoting people in my thread to get their attention. It's up to you to check back to see if I responded.
*If you want to donate to the charity, you may donate directly to one of the thread mules Duck of Sparks or Plishette.
*I am also not against random acts of kindness. If you want to donate to others in the thread, please feel free to do so.
*Don't beg from me or anyone in this thread: It will lead to you being added to my ignore list.
*Don't post a dream avatar and ask for help with it without actually engaging anyone in the thread first. This will be viewed as begging.
*You do not need a quest thread to receive a donation.
*Don't complain about the donations you receive or may receive.
*Trades must be accepted within 72 hours or else they will be deleted.
*No mule quests: Use your main account only to receive donations on.
*I reserve the right to deny any donation requests.

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image

Looking for a donation?
Just copy and paste the following code.

[color=Midnightblue][size=24]Close your eyes and make a wish![/size][/color]
[color=Midnightblue][size=16]Username:[/size][/color][color=darkgoldenrod][size=14]INSERT HERE[/size][/color]
[color=Midnightblue][size=16]Nickname:[/size][/color][color=darkgoldenrod][size=14]INSERT HERE[/size][/color]
[color=Midnightblue][size=16]Item(s) questing:[/size][/color][color=darkgoldenrod][size=14]INSERT HERE[/size][/color]
[color=Midnightblue][size=16]Progress:[/size][/color][color=darkgoldenrod][size=14]INSERT HERE[/size][/color]
[color=Midnightblue][size=16]How long have you been Questing?:[/size][/color][color=darkgoldenrod][size=14]INSERT HERE[/size][/color][/b]

Then stick around and chat. Simple as that!

EXAMPLE OF COMPLETED FORM:
Close your eyes and make a wish!
Username: Phanna
Nickname: Phans, Phan, any variation thereof.
Item(s) questing: Solar Mage
Progress:1 million/4 million
How long have you been Questing?:About 3 weeks

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image

User Image

Hello, I'm Phanna, but you can call me Phanna, Phan, Phanners, PhanPhan or "Hey you"
I'm the owner of Pocketful of Wishes Charity (or PoW for short).
I'm a fun person, most of the time and I am always up for some good conversation, however I am easily distracted by pretty...oh look it's a kitty!
(so don't be too upset if I miss a post or two a dozen).
I try and keep up to date on all the charity paperwork, but there are times I fall behind in that.
But anyway, come on in and know me better!

User Image

User Image

I'm Tamako Jen, but feel free to call me Tam or Jen. I'm Phan's younger sister IRL. *plot twist!* So, I know EVERYTHING that's going on!~ I'm PoW's artist, but I'm notoriously lazy! I am in the habit of giving away lots of freebies, though! My three favorite things are Sailor Moon, My Little Pony, and Harvest Moon. I also love singing and drawing. Personality wise, I'm super nice, kinda quirky, and a little inappropriate at times. And while I may be nice, I have a big say in what happens 'round here, so don't be mean to me! ;3

User Image

User Image

I'm Murder Is Kawaii. I like some things like Parks and Rec, Punk, and Cats. I dislike a lot of other things. I'm lurking here most of the time, so just know, I'm watching you with my mod eyes. Anything else you want to know about me or my interests can be found in my tumblr, link in sig.

User Image

User Image

I'm Masiakasaurus (mah-SHEE-a-kah-SAWR-us), Phanna's hubby. Mostly I come around to post comics, but I do occasionally stick around to post a bit. I like everything that is awesome: movies, video games, dinosaurs, comics, RPGs... I also lurk on Something Awful a lot, and occasionally post awesome things I find there. Since I'm sleeping with the thread owner, I'm basically second in command around here. Also, if I'm on, Phans is usually lurking over my shoulder, so behave.

User Image

User ImageUser Image

These two are Duck of Sparks and Plishette, the thread mules.
They handle all the donations and games for Pocketful of Wishes.

User Image

More Awesome People

Homiko
Djinii
YamiTyger
conquestfrontier
xxBeeBeexx
Simgirlie
The mage of twilight
Twisted Time Lord

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image

Lottery Rules:
*Post 10 times in this thread for the month to qualify for a lottery slot. These posts must be legitimate conversation. No bumps or no content posts and must observe all other forum and ToS rules.
*Each person who qualifies will only get one slot in this lottery.
*On or near the first day of the next month, I will randomize the list and generate a number based on slots using Gaia's own number generator.
*The winner will receive 25 million in gold.
*This contest is open to everyone and there is no entry fee.
*You may opt out of this lottery if you choose.

Monthly Millions Lottery Winners
Rusticfur
Kowitz
The mage of twilight
Twisted Time Lord
Twisted Time Lord

*Contest used to give 1 million, but recent severe inflation called for an increase.
*Contest once again increased due to inflation.(twice)

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

<-----This is Phanna. She has a passion for finery and loves to look elegant. The only problem is that sometimes her wardrobe gets the better of her and she can't decide what to wear. That's where you come in, design a new outfit for Phanna, but be aware Phanna is one picky fashion maven!

Passion for Fashion Rules:
*Please follow all ToS and forum rules and be courteous to one another.
*There are no entry fees, anyone is allowed to join. You may make one outfit once a month, submitted on your main account.
*Entries are to be messaged to Phanna with the title "Hey Fashionista!"
*Entries must be your tekteks, no pre-mades.
*Although Phanna would love if you stuck to her main inventory and within a price limit, there is no need to limit yourselves. Anything goes!
*Phanna also really hates when people try to cut her hair or perform cosmetic surgery. So steer clear of salon haircuts (use wigs) and keep Phanna's skin, eyes, make-up and lip style intact (only use Cupid, Vega's Love or Gaia Sama lip styles). Also avoid "I am" poses, since they hide poor Phanna completely.
*As we said before, Phanna is very picky and detests having to share the spotlight with anyone or anything (avoid pets, companions and backgrounds.)
*Phanna also severely dislikes angel, devil and animal costumes, so it's best to avoid wings, halos, horns, tails and animal parts whenever possible. However, dressing her up as a pirate or a knight is totally okay!
*Phanna does have a certain look she gravitates to (elegant, refined and very little skin showing), as well as certain colors (deep and rich colors), but that doesn't mean you can't broaden her palate a little. However, if Phanna really doesn't see herself using that style, she will be less impressed with it.
*Payment will be determined based on how much Phanna adores your creation: (with some variations)
emotion_kirakira (10 million gold) ---- *dashes to closet to put this outfit on*
emotion_yatta (5 million gold) ---- "Oh my, this really is lovely. I will have to put it on someday"
emotion_c8 (2.5 million gold) ---- "This is nice, but I see elements that need to be improved on"
emotion_eyebrow (1 million gold) ---- "It's something I don't see myself in, sorry"
emotion_zzz (nothing) --- "Did you even try?"
*Phanna also loves to model off all new creations in front of her captive friend Masiak, so there may be the occasional delay in awarding payment.

Fashion Participators for August

Cher Coincidence
mayuralover
Murder Is Kawaii

Fashion Participators for July
Murder Is Kawaii
The Raven Rose
faye_fei

User Image

Falling Star Rules:
*Every 50 pages or so (starting with 6800) Our shooting star image will be posted by Phanna:
User Image

*Someone who posts on the same page of the shooting star will get a random gift worth anywhere between 20 million up to 45 million.
*Remember, quoting the star does absolutely nothing! It's all determined by who posts on the same page as the star.

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image
The exhausted crew of the Pocketful of Wishes flagship, The Starcatcher, are looking forward to some much needed rest and relaxation after their latest star mining expedition. Six days and seven nights on Risa! Unfortunately, the trip goes a little...haywire, as a rogue plot contrivance sends them tumbling into a rift in space-time! It'll take a lot of work, a little luck, and maybe some ancient sea-faring friends to steer the starship back to where it belongs. But that doesn't mean the crew is missing out on their vacation! It's a Space-Time Carnival Extravaganza!

Overall Rules and Guidelines:
*There are no entry fees for any contests and anyone is allowed to join.
*All entries should be submitted on one account only. No secondary accounts to boost your chances.
*All entries must be posted in the thread. Please don't PM them to me. I will see them, don't worry.
*Also, keep on the lookout for other contests that will be happening at random intervals through the month!

wahmbulance wahmbulance A Wild New Challenge has appeared! wahmbulance wahmbulance
User Image

Well, we've escaped the vikings, and aside from some much-needed hair care products and the occasional Seax, we've sent them and their clutter back to Norway! Or Nairobi. Time travel isn't too precise.

Unfortunately, our escape has landed us in the Age of Sail! Which is cool if you like tall ships, but not so cool if you don't like hairy guys with bad teeth and scurvy.

Yes, we're parked above Port Royal, sometime in the late 17th century, when owning your own boat and being your own boss mostly meant stealing things from other people and murdering the Spanish. Sadly, the Starcatcher happens to bear an absolutely uncanny* resemblance to a Spanish Treasure Galleon, and we are about to be boarded by every pirate in the Caribbean.

*Some amount of rum may be involved.

Now, obviously we're going to want to shoo these pirates off our mizzenmast (is that how pirate talk works?), but not before giving them a serious wardrobe upgrade. I mean, come on guys, those tattered pants and bandannas smell like they haven't been washed in months and you live in the world's largest bathtub.

Sheesh.

So, people, let's TekTek us some pirates! Or wenches, or whatever else seems like it could swash a buckle.

Rules:
*No entry fees! Anyone is allowed to join!
*Entries should be submitted on one account only.
*Post your entries in the thread. Please don't PM them to me.
*Entries must be your tekteks, no pre-mades.
*Though you can make as many tekteks as you want, you may only enter one into
the contest.
*Entries must also include a brief description or label. This can be a simple
as one or two words or a whole paragraph. Pirates are mostly illiterate though so let's keep it short and punchy.
*There is no price limit!
*I cannot aid you in designing your entry, nor can I give a critique on it.
*Contest will run from from Thursday, August 14th through Sunday, August 24th and will be judged by myself and my husband.

Prizes:
1st Place- 25,000,000 gold
2nd Place- 20,000,000 gold
3rd Place- 15,000,000 gold
HM- 8,500,000 gold

Entries:
Located in Phanna's Journal

Apartment 3G!

Unfortunately the only thing close to a party game we have on board is an old Apartment 3G strip, and the first mate spilled white out over the dialogue. This strip is normally seven shades of dull, but with the crew free to write some new words, maybe we can liven it up! You can also try to guess what the strip was originally about, but trust us, you ain't gonna without cheating.
We'll reveal the original undoctored strip at the end of the month!

Rules:
*Entries must use the blank comic provided. You can edit it in any way, including altering the panels, adding panels, etc., but it must be recognizable as having come from the original. Add appropriate dialog as you see fit.
*Entries must be safe for work and follow appropriate Gaia ToS.
*Entries must be your own work, no copies.
*You can make as many as you want, but only enter one as your official contest entry.
*I cannot aid you in designing your entry, nor can I give a critique on it.
*Contest will run from from Friday, August 1st through Saturday, August 30th and will be judged by Masiakasaurus.

The Comic:
User Image

Entries:
Located in Phanna's Journal

The Prizes:
1st-5,000,000 gold!
2nd-3,750,000 gold!
3rd-2,500,000 gold!
HM-1,000,000 gold!
Everyone Else- The satisfaction of making this dull as dirt comic actually entertaining!

User Image

"Ahoy, Pirate ship off the port bow" Wait, what? We are in space, this shouldn't even be possible. Yet there it is, a tattered old pirate ship, and I'll just bet it's full of marauder loot, primed for the plucking! So let's get in there and plunder those pirates!

Contest Rules and Guidelines:
*Participation is free to anyone who wishes to join in.
*Only 8-10 people will be able to play per game, so sign up quickly. There will be two games, so don't fret if you don't get into the first one.
*If you are the grand prize winner in any game, you are barred from entering the remaining games, to make it fair to the other players.
*No mules please. Main accounts only.
*Players must be able to devote time to play the game! You need to be able to post at least once per day while the game is active. Failure to post means you forfeit! (Arrangements can be made for planned absences.)
*The game will begin once we have at least 8-10 confirmed players or until no new sign-ups happen for a couple of days.
*Each round you will be asked to pick a door. There is one door per active player. One of these doors leads to an unfortunate encounter with a ghost pirate or worse! (Don't worry, no one ever dies in these games...they just get really, really scared.)
*We will not reveal the Booty-Trapped Door until everyone has posted in the thread declaring which door they're choosing for that round! It's first come, first served. If the door you want is already taken you will be asked to pick again.
*Rounds will last however long it takes for everyone to select their door. This could be anywhere from a few hours to a whole day. Anyone who hasn't selected a door after 24 hours will be caught by the pirates, and everyone else will advance!
*The lucky player who manages to get to the Captain's Cabin will walk off with his precious booty!

Round 2 sign-up:
1. Murder Is Kawaii
2. mayuralover
3. Cher Coincidence
4. The Raven Rose
5. Mephaeris

Fluffy Sex Symbol

User Image
Want to affiliate with our little charity? Let me know either in the thread or via private message. If you are a quest thread, I may not affiliate you if you are a really small thread that sees little activity. If you need the following banner re-sized, let me know and I will trim it down for you. Links may also be removed due to threads becoming inactive.
CODE:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/pocketful-of-wishes-charity/t.63859635/][img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/s8nvl9/Profile/PoWBanner4.jpg[/img][/url]

200x40 CODE:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/pocketful-of-wishes-charity/t.63859635/][IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/s8nvl9/Profile/smallerbanner.jpg[/IMG]
[/url]

Charities:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Quests:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shops:
User ImageUser Image

Misc:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fluffy Sex Symbol

Fluffy Sex Symbol

We are open!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash