Pesty Elf's Christmas BG Giveaway Extravaganza, was founded in 2011. This is Pesty's third year of running a Christmas giveaway in this thread. She has four years experience under her stylish belt. One could say she is a veteran at this.
What we do: We're a seasonal donation and giveaway thread, opening in September. From September to the middle of November we are open for chatting and donations only. From mid-November to January first we accept donations, take wish lists of fellow Gaians and send out presents. blaugh
Please see the rules for when wish lists open and wish list terms.
This giveaway is a group effort. Not just the elves behind the thread,
but also the generous people who donate to the cause and
the ones who keep the thread alive with chat.
PAY IT FORWARD!
2. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
WE HAVE TWO OPTIONS FOR WISHLISTS THIS YEAR. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Option A, the traditional wishlist:
- Post your wishlist of 5 (five) items in this thread
- 4 (four) of those items must be under 175K
- For the fifth item, the sky's the limit
- You WILL get a gift from your list. We just can't promise which one. The elves aren't made of gold.
- DON'T ASK FOR JUST ONE EXPENSIVE ITEM. Wishlists are FIVE items as described above.
Option B, surprise me:
- Through the generosity of our donors and some magical elven sleight of hand, the elves have ended up with quite a lot of very nice items. So instead of posting a specific wishlist in this thread, you can post "Surprise Me".
- You WILL get a gift. It WILL be a nice gift. It won't be something like a Dirty Newspaper Combover (if you really want one of those, choose with Option A).
- If you choose this option, it would help if your profile was public and you had a wishlist on it. No guarantees, though.
Once you have chosen Option A or Option B, YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR MIND OR YOUR LIST. Nope, no editing, either.
4. Please don't be greedy. We do have limited funds, so please don't let the elves see the same screen name more than once.
5. No editing of wish lists once the elves gather the lists for the day. We elves are old and confuse easily.
6. DO NOT harass the elves by asking for early gifts / donations. It's not happening.
This includes in PMs.
7. No Questing / No Quest Post!
8. It is requested that you not open your gifts until Christmas.
9. It is suggested that you READ THIS WHOLE PAGE,
because breaking rules gets you placed on the Naughty List.
Naughty List = No Gift!
Elves began accepting wish lists on Friday, Nov. 15th!
███ Pesty, one of Santa's elves in a supervisory position, responsible for a team of three. Unfortunately she got stuck with the three stooges, Horace, Nidorous and Vox. It's a full time job handling the misfit elves atop of getting presents made, inventoried and sent out. Some how she manages though. It's never a dull day with her team, though, a dull day might be welcomed when trying to pull Horace from the bar. Or trying to stop Nidorous from putting questionable objects, people and pets in his mouth. Or even trying to pull Vox from the shadows.
She believes in hard work and perseverance, with an excessive amount of coffee to help her get through the day. To say she is hard working would be an understatement, but in order to reach her ultimate goal of 'Best of Santa's division', hard work and maintaining her crew are all a part of that task.
Likes: Giving Gifts, Paying it forward, Animals, Any coffee-based beverage and Greek yogurt.
███ Nidorous, a former elf employed by Santa who met with an untimely demise when Santa was gifted a new MP3 player for the holidays and failed to assist the elf in distress.
The distressed elf was lounging on the pile of toys in the back and when Santa took off, the elf was blown off the back of the sleigh after shouting many unpleasant words in the man's general direction and clinging for life.
Ended up crashing through a barn roof and was planted in a heaping soft warm pile, that belonged to the rather large cow that was spooked by his entrance and was promptly trampled.
After being buried later near some nuclear waste, the elf is back in business, only this time out for revenge on the 'Fat Man', working under Pesty's direction. ( More or less. )
Facts: Will eat nearly anything that catches his eye. Has a tendency to lick, chew and drool on things. Small animals, children and even fellow elves have all suffered either minor or grievous injuries in various incidents due to new compulsions. Your drink is not safe around this elf.
The maggots in his brain help keep it functioning to some degree, though is constantly attempting to pick them out and flick them at people.
Has a loathing of toy trains, dolls, doll houses and reindeer.
The only known distractions seem to be offerings of cheesecake and eggnog.
Warning: Do not engage if happened upon. Back away slowly and quietly. Should you be face to face with the creature, the best course of action is to sacrifice a small child if there is no cheesecake or eggnog present.
███ What makes Horace tick is beer. He's that guy who's always at the end of the bar, always with a beer in front of him, always somewhat relaxed, but never falling down drunk. That would be disrespectful to the beer.
He's fundamentally lazy, but when the time comes for the rubber to meet the road, he's there. He'll be back in the bar again as soon as possible afterwards, but he does what he has to do.
He's just not convinced he has to do as much as everyone else thinks he does.
Dislikes: Work. Not enough beer.
███ Found on the surface taking refuge with the joy bringing elves of Santa's Workshop, this dark skinned, sun-hating Drow has found his niche there. Sort of. There are still the old Drow habits that need to be kicked. Lurking in dark places being one of many. Much to the chagrin of the Vox's co-workers.
Using the toy shop as a personal refugee camp, Vox has come to be known for his unusual eating habits. Crickets, usually caramelized-- as if that makes it any less disgusting to the other residents. Not typically allowed in the kitchen to cook meals after a mishap of serving lizard eggs and rats to the rest of his adopted family, which only few pretended to eat.
Vox, otherwise, despite his strange habits, doesn't seem to realize he doesn't quite fit in with the other surface elves, but always tries his best when working despite strange tendencies. Just don't ask him to clean out the storage shed where spiders of monstrous size are assumed to lurk...
Likes: Mead, shadows, dragon, lurking, pouncing on people and other elves, feeding kippers to Nid and tampering with Horace's Beer.
Dislikes: Sunlight, gold things, mushrooms, garlic and SPIDERS!
It is that time of year again, time to submit wishlists to the elves.
Back in 2k11, we had a few people participate that wrote letters to the elves to go along with their list.
We had a fun time reading them, so much so, that I am making a contest out of it this year.
How do you do this? Simple!
Write the elves a letter to go along with your list, and at the end of the give away we'll choose the best ones for a special prize. Just remember to follow the wishlist rules. Your list will be void if the rules aren't followed. blaugh
Multiple people can win. emotion_yatta Need some inspiration?
Do you want to donate but don't have a lot of gold? Or time? Or energy?
Make it simple then, and take Purplewiz's Seven Tanks A Week Challenge!
1. Pick a time when you can sit down and play Booty Grab for about 15 minutes.
2. Pick your favorite Booty Grab Thread.
3. Play the next seven tanks you see glowing.
4. When you've played seven tanks, add up your scores, and send that amount in a trade to Pesty Elf.
(If you caught any drops, keep 'em. You've earned 'em.)
5.You're done for this week!
It's fast, it's easy, it's painless, it adds up fast, and you're helping to make someone's Gaian Christmas just a little bit brighter. We'll make it even easier for you! Pledge to match and donate whatever amount Purplewiz grabs for the week!