Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Reveler

Remy LeBeau 1982
Horace The Elf
We're making our lists...

...checking them twice.....

....checking them three times....

....checking them...again...

...wotinell *IS* this word? Write CLEARLY people!

...need new reading glasses after this is all over....*squint*
you sure it's the glasses not the booze xd

That's why they call 'em beer goggles.... wink

Distrustful Prophet

15,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
Greetings and salutations, thread and everyone within. 3nodding

Questionable Gekko

Nidorous
Blackgry
Nidorous

Turns on the tripper, going to go for that meal instead. emotion_omnomnom

gonk screams "I'm not a rabbit!"
*hides behind all the kitty scratch post barrier

CHASE!

*blends in with kitties*

Tipsy Reveler

Nidorous
Tumbles from his dirt nap.

All this noise in here of people chattering about what they want. HAVE YOU NO DECENCY!? You woke the dead!

Here, have a cup of "coffee": yum_tea

Hey, Kahlua has coffee in it! That's breakfast!

Animal Consumer

Blackgry
Nidorous
Blackgry
Nidorous

Turns on the tripper, going to go for that meal instead. emotion_omnomnom

gonk screams "I'm not a rabbit!"
*hides behind all the kitty scratch post barrier

CHASE!

*blends in with kitties*

Gnaws way through the cats. emotion_omnomnom

Animal Consumer

Horace The Elf
Nidorous
Tumbles from his dirt nap.

All this noise in here of people chattering about what they want. HAVE YOU NO DECENCY!? You woke the dead!

Here, have a cup of "coffee": yum_tea

Hey, Kahlua has coffee in it! That's breakfast!

Perk. An offering! I shall accept this!

Downs the liquid and licks the cup clean.

....they need to make bigger cups...

Though think your coffee went bad...tasted a little strong.

whee

Questionable Gekko

Nidorous
Blackgry

*blends in with kitties*

*sends fire sprite against overcaffinated dead*

Animal Consumer

Blackgry
Nidorous
Blackgry

*blends in with kitties*

Oh good, was in the mood to practice my sword swallowing act... Here little fire ball....

Cluttered Cat

Nidorous
Oi! cat_scream *sicks Bacchus Leopard on him*

Questionable Gekko

Nidorous
Blackgry
Nidorous

Oh good, was in the mood to practice my sword swallowing act... Here little fire ball....

cat_gonk pyre!
*unsummons little sprite and tosses a beer keg in direction of the dead*

Animal Consumer

OtherWorldShukumei
Nidorous

Barbecued cats? Alright!

If only that little flame would hurry up....

gaia_spoons gets ready to dive in.

Distrustful Prophet

15,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
OtherWorldShukumei, awesome cats. heart

Animal Consumer

Blackgry
Nidorous
Blackgry
Nidorous

cat_gonk pyre!
*unsummons little sprite and tosses a beer keg in direction of the dead*

Hey! Give that little fire ball back! Booze goes GREAT with barbecued cat.... Runs towards the keg. twisted

Questionable Gekko

OtherWorldShukumei
Nidorous

cat_4laugh meow heart

Mega Nerd

An Irreverent But Mostly Factual (At Least As I Remember It) History Of Pesty Elf's Christmas BG Giveaway Extravaganza

a public service announcement
some of which originally appeared in my Gaian Journal some months ago

Way back in the Dark Ages of Gaia, about two years ago if I recall correctly, a player named Wishlist Santa noticed that people who played Booty Grab tended to accumulate a certain amount of gold. And he - she - it - I never was quite sure what was behind the keyboard and it doesn't really matter - thought that maybe some of them would part with some of it to make other Gaians' Christmases more merry.

He was right. He asked and received donations and turned them into items on people's posted wishlists. The charity did so well that it opened again the next year.

But something was different. Perhaps all that time being inside a cow had done something to Santa's brain. Perhaps it was the four lost weeks at Club Med. Perhaps it was being called to testify in front of the panel. Perhaps it wasn't anything in particular. No matter what the reason, the end result was that Santa was not able to fulfill the obligations of the charity last year.

Fortunately, Santa had elves. Santa turned over the resources of the charity to those elves who took over Santa's work and made sure the donations were distributed to the worthy and the not so worthy but who at least had the brains to follow the simple instructions.

And those elves liked the whole idea so much that they decided to continue on without Santa. Of course, without Santa, the charity and thread needed another name and another face, and that's where Pesty Elf comes in. Pesty's good at being the band's front man. Front elf. Whatever.

There are a couple of other elves who hang around to help and eat your brains in addition to the office staff (like me) (I'm logistics and fund raising and annoying details) (because I'm good at details and often annoying).

It all boils down to two very simple ideas:

- While it may not be better to give than receive, it sure feels good.

- Ask and ye shall receive. Maybe not everything on your list (ok, probably not) and maybe not the most expensive thing (because there isn't an infinite amount of gold in the budget), but you don't have to jump through hoops or hop on one foot while patting your head and rubbing your tummy. You just have to ask (well, and follow the simple outline of date/length/cost for your list, but that's mostly to make it a little easier for the people running the show).

This latter is what attracted me to participating in this endeavor. See, life's hard. Everything is a lot of work, and while yes, it's good to work for the things you want and it builds character and all that rot, sometimes it's just nice to ask for something and have the answer be "yes".

So that's where all this came from. Thanks to all of those who have donated and will donate (yep, still taking donations, still playing Seven Tanks A Week). Thanks to those who are posting wishlists - yes, gifts will go out on or about 12/15 because even though we ask not to open until Christmas we know what temptation looks like.

And thanks for sitting through our little public service announcement.

And if I'm wrong on any of this, someone WILL correct me. This is Gaia, after all mrgreen .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff