Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Winners for tektek in Post 1 update!

:D 0.21276595744681 21.3% [ 10 ]
^.^ 0.72340425531915 72.3% [ 34 ]
:) 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 241 242 243 > >> >>> »|

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

Aww I'm in a similar situation. =( I am trying to become an illustrator though.
I just want enough land to have a roomy garden and some fruit trees. If I'm lucky enough to find a rural home then I want small livestock. A small highland cow and a couple kune-kune pigs, some cochin bantam hens and my dogs. ^^ So I can try to be as self-sufficient as possible. I'm not sure I could live off grid though. I don't know anything about generators or solar living.
I appreciate your help, but I'm looking for something much, much cheaper. Around 50K, but definitely under 100K. We don't have a lot of money. So it's harder to find something livable in that price range.

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 4, 6, 3, 9, 10, 6, 4, 1 Total: 57 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NekoWashu

Kune-kune piggies are awesome. Love their look and size. Parents use to raise pigs when I was growing up. Big suckers, several hundred pounds.
Going off grid is getting easier, and depending on the property you have your options are different.
Your price range limits you as there is not alot out there, and landwatch.com has only two places in elgiin under a 100k, and its just land nothing else.

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

I like them too. ^^ They take up less space and are pretty friendly little guys.
We've been watching the market, and land here is just ridiculous. I see so many houses in foreclosure and short sale, but anything within an average person's salary range is junky. The siding is falling apart, there's unfinished rooms and caved in basements and roofs, and most of them are not "live-in condition." And the damage so far would cost more than what they want for the house. It's disheartening. High cost of rent really prevents people from being able to save up considerable down-payments too.

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 8, 10, 9, 2, 8, 9, 3, 7 Total: 72 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NekoWashu
Xx Papa Dragon xX

I like them too. ^^ They take up less space and are pretty friendly little guys.
We've been watching the market, and land here is just ridiculous. I see so many houses in foreclosure and short sale, but anything within an average person's salary range is junky. The siding is falling apart, there's unfinished rooms and caved in basements and roofs, and most of them are not "live-in condition." And the damage so far would cost more than what they want for the house. It's disheartening. High cost of rent really prevents people from being able to save up considerable down-payments too.

That is a continual problem for many. The land is usually worth more then the house. But it cost more then one can afford to tear down and build new.
Wanting to stay within your area makes it harder as property value is higher near citys and suburbs. Get far enough out and the price drops considerably.
Add a limited amount of funds, your only option is if you can qualify for a loan, but then your in debt. So you may have what you want but not be able to do anything with it.
Those situations suck. We are in a similar situation. Any change we make upsets the available money we have in such a way as to make things harder on us if not more untenable then they already are. So then we are stuck, we cant do anything to change are situation without making things worse and with no guarantee that any change will improve things. For if they would it would be in the long term not the short term and we live day to day sometimes.

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

Financially we are doing much better these days. We have bad credit, but we make enough to buy a house if we can get a loan. Our rent/utilities are high and we can't save up. When we have a nice amount saved up something happens and we have to use it for emergencies. Usually car troubles. So all we're able to do now is keep up, but not get ahead. He has a good job that he's been at for about 8 years, so we don't want to sacrifice that. It's the only thing keeping us in this area though. 3nodding
Both my tarot readings and my monthly horoscopes show that a positive change is coming for me. Something that offers more money and possibly success. I don't know what it will be, but just in case we're going to play the lottery. whee lol You never know, right? I'd welcome any positive change though. ^^

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 4, 6, 10, 2, 3, 8, 2, 10 Total: 60 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NekoWashu
Xx Papa Dragon xX

Financially we are doing much better these days. We have bad credit, but we make enough to buy a house if we can get a loan. Our rent/utilities are high and we can't save up. When we have a nice amount saved up something happens and we have to use it for emergencies. Usually car troubles. So all we're able to do now is keep up, but not get ahead. He has a good job that he's been at for about 8 years, so we don't want to sacrifice that. It's the only thing keeping us in this area though. 3nodding
Both my tarot readings and my monthly horoscopes show that a positive change is coming for me. Something that offers more money and possibly success. I don't know what it will be, but just in case we're going to play the lottery. whee lol You never know, right? I'd welcome any positive change though. ^^

I would like more positive change myself. We get little things that dont help in the here and now, but in the future could.
We have never been able to save. Even with cutting back in every area we can, we still dont have enough sometimes. We can just barely make it through the month with what we have to work with. Some times we have been forced to ask family for help. Which is something I dont like to do.
I got rid of my car only to find out that when my grandmother passes I get her car. I dont and do need a car. Dont know if I can afford it. I cant even get the money together to get a bicycle. But then that is an investment as I need either a trike or stabilizer wheels. Balance issues.
Well almost time for supper, baked mac n cheese

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

I hope you find a good opportunity. <3 ^^ Just keep a positive outlook and good things will come.

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Xx Papa Dragon xX
im still tired!?
Eep! Naps?

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 1, 6, 7, 3, 9, 2, 10, 3 Total: 47 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Nie Chan
Xx Papa Dragon xX
im still tired!?
Eep! Naps?

I almost never the get the chance to have a nap
and your the sun

Timid Werewolf

9,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
-rolls around- OHHH LOOK AT MY EYES! I FINALLY GOT THEM!!!
[/spazz]

One quest done, onto the next. Lol

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Yesterday was so awesome...why does today feel so ho-hum? =(

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 5, 4, 8, 9, 7, 8, 3, 7 Total: 61 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I want your hearts, give them to me, this I command!

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Maria Talia Moonfang
-rolls around- OHHH LOOK AT MY EYES! I FINALLY GOT THEM!!!
[/spazz]

One quest done, onto the next. Lol
WOOOOO! They look awesome!!

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
NekoWashu
Yesterday was so awesome...why does today feel so ho-hum? =(
I got sick yesterday love the stomach flu..
My body aches today. sad
Can you save my outfit for the beach look.. you can make it a bikini... but they don't have that option on Gaia.

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items