Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Winners for tektek in Post 1 update!

:D 0.21276595744681 21.3% [ 10 ]
^.^ 0.72340425531915 72.3% [ 34 ]
:) 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 241 242 243 > >> >>> »|

Angel_of_Death1665 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 10, 9, 4, 3, 9, 6, 1, 8 Total: 61 (10-100)

Rainbow Cutesmasher

13,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
fictive
Angel_of_Death1665

thank you dear. c':
No problem ^_^

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 2, 3, 3, 10, 4, 2, 5, 2 Total: 41 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I hunger for...

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't care for city life and I really miss the country too. I want chickens, even if I can't have other livestock, but our city doesn't allow them.
I was watching a great video on urban homesteading and I got so jealous. *u* I wish my city allowed that. I could petition for it but I'm not sure if I could get the signatures I'd need. It would probably just be easier to move away.

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 5, 1, 4, 6, 10, 3, 5, 10 Total: 57 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NekoWashu
Xx Papa Dragon xX

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't care for city life and I really miss the country too. I want chickens, even if I can't have other livestock, but our city doesn't allow them.
I was watching a great video on urban homesteading and I got so jealous. *u* I wish my city allowed that. I could petition for it but I'm not sure if I could get the signatures I'd need. It would probably just be easier to move away.

I have mixed feelings about city life. On the one hand, I love being able to just walk wherever I need to go, or just get on the bus or train. Having access to things and places that are unavailable in the country. I dont like all the people, noise, expense and what not. I love the country too, but not having to live with people nearby, even if you have a couple acres separating you. Or the fact that you have to drive everywhere just to get things or go out. But I liked the openness and the quiet, not to mention a clear sky so you can actually see the stars. Unlike in the city where you cant see any.

I do and do not want to go back to a country life. I want my kids to have the experience, but not the isolation. But there isolated in the city as it is, no groups nearby who have kids there age. No money to get them into things they would enjoy let alone being able to get them to it. The wife would want horses, but she wont do anything to mend her back issues, which would be worsened by riding. Then depending on what one decides to do with the type of land they have, there is alot of work to do. And I dont know if I have it in me anymore to do that kind of physically intense work. Somedays its hard just to clean this small apartment, get the kids where they need to be, make food and all the other little things that need tending. Alot of stuff I want to do just gets put aside because I either cant make the time or im to tired and dont want to have to deal with it. So I end up here for brief times throughout the day just to rest before going off to do more.

You may want to fight your city, you might be surprised at how many people want chickens. There are alot here in Chicago apparently. Enough to where they do tours of the backyard chickens for those interested in getting some.

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Xx Papa Dragon xX

Oh, I get what you mean. I find that of the places I lived, the country homes were the most fun. Once I get outside the work doesn't seem hard, it's fun. There are always days I want to just stay in and play games all day, but I think change is the product of necessity. I don't need to be diligent or work hard where I am right now. So I've become complacent, and a little lazy. In the summer I'm online a lot less cause I'm out in the garden, even if I'm not working I'm outside in the light.

If it's possible for you, then you should try it for a while. Move to the country and see how it goes. There may not be city parks, but you can go on long walks or hiking and such. I'm not sure what you do for work, but commuting to the city may be harder. You should be able to get a parking pass for the metra though, and take a train or bus anywhere you want to go. (We made the mistake of driving to the city for a pagan meet-up group once. We spent like an hour looking for a parking spot. lol) Your babies may end up loving country life.
It's all well and good in talk, but finding a country home isn't easy. We've been looking for a house in the country with at least 1 acre, and we can't even find a listing for one. I found a huge farm/stable for auction and that was it. We don't need a stables and 20+ acres. lol It would go to waste. I just want 4 bedrooms, 2 bath and 1-2 acres. ^u^ I will look into the chickens thing, cause finding a country property in this area so he doesn't have to change jobs looks to be impossible. We're going tomorrow to talk to a realtor and see if they can find a listing that suits our needs. We don't want a long commute.

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 1, 9, 4, 8, 8, 8, 3, 10 Total: 62 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
NekoWashu
Xx Papa Dragon xX

If it was possible I might jump at the chance for a stint in the country. Though for that to happen I would have to win the lottery or something similar I dont work, I am sufficiently disabled to limit the kind of work I do but not enough to qualify for disability. And I used to do carpentry for a living. From building houses to remodel. Commuting to the city really depends on where and what you want from country living. I grew up on three and half acres, two sides had neighbors and the rest was open field as far as you could see. You saw lots of cows and antelope. I would want a few acres mostly wooded and no one around. You said you where in Eligin right? Hows this stike you? And if you are then that site has 4 listings for 1 acre in Elgin.

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
NekoWashu
Nie Chan

*eyes sparkle* This is so amazing! I want to do this too!
Maybe not 6000 lbs worth of crops, but a lot more than I have now. Oh how I dream of the country. *sigh*
Cool urban homestead video
Love it! XD

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
fictive

D'aww so cute and thanks. smile

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Maria Talia Moonfang
Random comment for today, but I am soooooooo close to my goal! XD Yay
You are! Nice! XD Go girl only 2 mil left!

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I return to home.. I will be heading to Madison again to help K for a few days on Tuesday. :3

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 7, 9, 1, 9, 2, 1, 9, 2 Total: 48 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
It seems a couple of us are not all that far from one another

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Xx Papa Dragon xX

I think most of us are nearish each other. :3

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
NekoWashu
Thank you so much Shu Shu! ^.^ <3

Xx Papa Dragon xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 7, 3, 5, 6, 1, 10, 3, 4 Total: 49 (10-100)

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Nie Chan
Xx Papa Dragon xX

I think most of us are nearish each other. :3

Are you like a cute dark witchling

Spectacular Pecan

31,775 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Xx Papa Dragon xX
I am I am.. and I am going to sleep now since I slept about an hour last night. And need to be up in five hours.
Talk to you tomorrow! ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces