+1 1 100.0% [ 189 ]
Total Votes:[ 189 ]

Lunatic

Ze -BIG- Kitty

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully it goes away heart

Prophet

Violet_Pickle
Sir Marty the Magnificent

No not at all, what is it about? Or what are some things that are discussed there

It's basically a forum for people who dislike/hate school. There are other forums for things but I mainly stick to the School Talk & Venting forum, which has been sadly separated into the School Talk forum and Emotional Talk & Venting forum.

I know some older members kinda drifted away from the anti-school view, and would rather aim for less "radical" changes. Right now the forum is down though due to lots of drama that's been plaguing the community for a couple weeks. I returned to the forum right near its end.

The lead admin shut down the forums because they're changing the host or something like that, but are leaving it down for a full week due to the month-long drama and are using a sister site to discuss in the meantime.

Lunatic

Oh okay, sounds interesting. I am not surprised arguments/fights would break out. People tend to get very aggressive and emotionally passionate about things. Sucks that it has to be down though. Wish people could be more civilized so things like that wouldn't happen :l

Prophet

Violet_Pickle

Oh okay, sounds interesting. I am not surprised arguments/fights would break out. People tend to get very aggressive and emotionally passionate about things. Sucks that it has to be down though. Wish people could be more civilized so things like that wouldn't happen :l

Well the drama is due to "edgy" users kinda making a comeback. You see, I joined this forum a bit right after it was relaunched in 2012. In the summer of 2012 the lead admin shutdown the forums out of nowhere, and the forums back then had actually these "edgy" regulars. IMHO I think the forums were shutdown due to these "edgy" users. They started becoming more and more "edgy" and the lead admin didn't like the direction the forum was in so she shut it down indefinitely.

They kinda started coming back to the forums about a month ago or so, during my short hiatus, and then this "hugbox" vs. "edgy" dichotomy started showing up.

Basically the "edgy" users are criticizing SS for becoming a "hugbox." A hugbox is basically where there's little to no criticism whatsoever, and virtually any and all critical assessments are invalid and not allowed. While "edgy", on the other hand, basically promotes "freedom of speech." With "edginess" everyone is allowed to say what's on their mind no matter what it is or how it's said in general.

The lead admin and several of us newer users who succeeded this "edgy" community want SS to remain what and how it's been since they left. The forum was NEVER like it currently is at all with the drama, but now a few other users are trying to (or want to) figure out ways of communicating with these "edgier" users in order to learn from them, and to see if there are ways for them to learn from our POVs, communicate more compassionately, and see if there can still be a place for them on SS.

Timid Hellraiser

JinxlikesPeaches
oh so Sweet Revenge

hi 4laugh

hello, dear!
          how are you?? c:

Timid Hellraiser

ii Oliiver
oh so Sweet Revenge

you're quite welcome.
and yeh, it's rather relatable for me; very much so, actually.
and i used to absolutely adore aas, you should look into attack attack and bear tooth. both are rather similar, but sound a bit better in my own opinion. 3nodding

> w<
          Any perticular songs?? I love starting out with what others favour!
          c:

Timid Hellraiser

O n l y O n e 2 1
oh so Sweet Revenge
O n l y O n e 2 1

It was ugly so i cut it off
<3

> w>
          i don't know if I can believe that...

pshhh
Im nice

pssshhh!

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
Who wants a hug? 4laugh

Lunatic

[

Oh i see. There are always people who ruin things for others. I understand that they want to get their point across, but if it results in the whole forums and discussion being put on hold or put down then they really shouldn't do that. They should be glad that they are able to discuss it at all and should gain a little self control and consideration.

Lunatic

The Raven Rose
Who wants a hug? 4laugh
ME?!

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
Violet_Pickle
The Raven Rose
Who wants a hug? 4laugh
ME?!

*hugs*

Hellhound

oh so Sweet Revenge
ii Oliiver
oh so Sweet Revenge

you're quite welcome.
and yeh, it's rather relatable for me; very much so, actually.
and i used to absolutely adore aas, you should look into attack attack and bear tooth. both are rather similar, but sound a bit better in my own opinion. 3nodding

> w<
          Any perticular songs?? I love starting out with what others favour!
          c:

i don't have a favorite by bear tooth, but as for attack attack i suggest either smokahontas or ac130, or both of them. its up to you. cx

Lunatic

The Raven Rose

*hugs*

Yay why thank you ^-^ How are you doing? razz

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
Violet_Pickle
The Raven Rose